"What if Christmas," he thought,"doesn't come from a store?"

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Re: "What if Christmas," he thought,"doesn't come from a sto

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:04 am

"I don't know if I can obtain a bottle here, but I can help you two fust." He laughed.
Basil Benson
Student

High Concept: Unwitting Heir to a Secret Legacy
Aspect: More Money Than Sense
Aspect: Ward of Unwanted Protectors
Aspect: Inconsistently Invisible
Aspect: Weirdness Magnet
Aspect: Covert Pervert

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:44 am

"Oh, if I had known zat we could have stopped at an off-licence first. We will have to remember zat for next time we want to bring our own... refreshments."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

High Concept: Dreamer Despite the Odds
Aspect: Density Is Not a Formality
Aspect: Everything is Sexier In France
Aspect: Beware the Cute Ones
Aspect: Hair of Goo, Heart of Gold

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:33 am

"Sneaking booze? Naughty." He replied with a tinge of mischief in his voice.

Once Basil got drinks ordered, the two of them shuffled down the line to make just a bit of room for the next people.

At the end of the bar, an attractive young woman with dark hair and blue eyes was watching them. Basil hadn't noticed her, but she had noticed him and was smiling mysteriously at the pair.

If her memory was strong enough,
Colette would remember her admiring herself in a mirror in Basil's mind.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:08 am

"Well, one must use zeir talents as often as zey can. And it is quite convenient... if one does not mind zeir beverages warm."

Colette stayed close to Basil as the two of them waited for their drinks. She furrowed her brow a bit and looked around, a set of blue eyes catching her attention. The woman looked familiar, that was certain, but she couldn't place where. Was she a student from the campus also? She went silent as she reflected on this, trying to place the vaguely familiar face.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:42 am

Clad in a skin tight dress the other woman continued to smile at them, until Basil noticed her.

"Buy a lady a drink Basil. " She cooed. It was clearly an Order, not a request.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:09 am

Colette was a little shocked, not so much by Basil being approached, but by learning that this type of clothing could be worn in public. Not that hers was for anything other than training of course. She looked to the newcomer, and then to Basil with her head tilted slightly. Not a word, she'd let him explain.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:13 am

"Already did." He replied, barely acknowledging her presence as he handed Colette two of the three drinks he bought her.

"Come Madame Rosenhof. Let's find our seats."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:37 am

Had Colette been outside the conversation, and not had her hands full, she likely would have covered her agape mouth and stifled an "ohhhh". But as it was she kept her lips drawn tight and tried not to stare too much. She took a small sip of her wine before offering her arm to Basil.

"Yes, let us."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:46 am

The woman didn't stop them, but was smirking in amusement as they departed to find their seats. Once they did, Basil let Colette choose what spot made her comfortable and said nothing of the mystery woman.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:43 am

Colette found some empty seats in the middle, not wanting to be too close to the stage in case what Basil had said about water and rowdy crowds was true. It wasn't until they were both seated that she turned to him, taking a sip of her wine before she spoke, placing her second cup between her legs to keep it safe.

"So... she is not someone we know from ze campus zen?" She held up a finger before Basil had a chance to speak. "I am not making accusations Basil, I am just curious if zere is anyzing I should know, just in case we run into zat woman again on ze way out. As far as I am concerned you are here wiz me, and I wiz you, and zat is all zat matters."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:10 am

Basil made a motion to the extra cup holder in between them so she didn't have to risk spilling on herself. He was being that kind of quiet he was when he was thinking, which was made creepy and awkward by his invisibility.

"I'm not sure if there's an answer to that question that won't piss all over the night. You'll have to be comforted with the concept that there's nothing happening between us and hasn't been for some time."

There was another long pause before he added-

"You can ask me about it again later."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:20 am

Colette gently took the third cup of wine from Basil and placed it in the cupholder, so she didn't look like a complete wino.

"Basil darling, do you zink zat I don't know zat a handsome and sweet boy like yourself would have an ex-girlfriend or two? Zat is all the explanation I need, nozing more." She gave his invisible hand a little pat.

"I will not ask you about it again later. But if you want to talk about it later, we can."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:46 am

Basil shifted awkwardly.

"We probably should. In case she becomes a problem later."

As he said it, the house lights came down indicating it was show time, and he said nothing more on the issue.

------------

The show proved to be everything Colette would not have expected from a play. It was a take on Cinderella, but the show required audience participation on the level of a children's television program. They were taught to boo and hiss at the villain, cheer the heroes, and several instances of call and response for humour value. However, there didn't seem to be any children in the audience at all so far as Colette could see.

What Colette would not know from being an outsider to British culture was that panto was meant as a family event that some progressives saw as childish, rude, and serving as a way to engender negative stereotypes about all sorts of people. This particular production took steps to mitigate these ideas and somewhat turn it around on itself.

To start, the Principal Boy was played not by an effeminate young lady trying to pretend to be an even younger man, but a drag king who appeared to be of Indian descent. Somewhat mirroring that, the wicked step mother (which was normally played by a very masculine man doing a caricature-esqe impression of a boorish shrieking woman otherwise known as a Panto Dame) was a drag queen. The Ugly Step Sisters (other parts commonly given to Panto Dames) were played by women in heavy makeup designed to give them unpleasant features like pock marks, facial scars, moles, gap-teeth and unibrows. This was coupled with them having childishly bad manners as well. Minor characters such as the Fairy Godmother and Cinderella's mice and animal friends were played by highly attractive dancers of various shapes, sizes, ethnic backgrounds and identities.

The basic story was more or less the way she remembered it, with the Principal Boy serving his usual role as narrator and playing the Handsome Prince. This version of the story was filled with quite a few bawdy jokes that would have made it inappropriate for young children, but overall it definitely would remind Colette of Shrek in it's execution. Presuming Shrek was somewhere between a PG-13 and R rating and didn't star an original character. In the end, Cinderella and the Handsome Prince kissed and presumably went on to live happily ever after.

No water was sprayed, but at the end of the show a confetti canon did go off that showered everyone (Colette included) in metallic confetti that was in all kinda of fun shapes.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:41 am

At first Colette was a little unsure of what to make of the show, but by the halfway point she was laughing as hard as anyone else, hissing and cheering and shouting out answers with the rest of the audience. The wine probably helped as well, her pinkness subtly shifting to a darker hue as the show progressed. Knowing nothing of the history of Panto the progressiveness in how the kew roles were filled were lost to her, she was just enjoying the comedy of it all.

Colette was startled when the cannon went off; had she not drained her last glass she would have spilled wine all over herself. It was all very colourful and magical as those tiny shiny pieces of plastic flitted and shone in the house lights as they rained down on everyone. Of course with others they landed on them and then were shaken off; this was not the case for Colette. Each piece that hit her gooey self stuck until very little of her was visible under the stuff, which made her laugh all the more. Instead of trying to wipe herself clean the glitter was drawn inside of her where it caught and reflected outside light, turning Basil's date from silly putty into glitter slime. Able to see once more she looked to Basil and blew out in a fit of giggles, seeing how the confetti upon his head seemingly floated in midair.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:19 am

Basil shook his head violently like a wet dog, but his curls still caught some of the glitter, causing him to have a disembodied glitter waterfall floating in front of him.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself." He replied with the smirk in his voice.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:19 am

"Of course I am. My boyfriend knows how to show me a good time." Colette cooed. "Zank you, Basil."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:45 am

"MmmmHmmmm...

C'mon then." He stood up, collecting their plastic cups and motioning for them to leave.

As they did, the pretty girl in the tight black dress passed them. She said nothing as she glided by, draped over some older man's arm, but she wore the face of the cat that ate the canary.

She waved at them with twirling fingers as she did.

"Christ... Let's go." Basil responded to the display of obvious bitchiness.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:22 am

Colette wrapped her arm around Basil's waist, noticing his change in attitude more than the woman in question. She hugged him a little more tightly, staying close to him as they made their way through the crowd. Hopefully the cool night air would help resituate his mood.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:26 am

Basil put his arm around her and was painfully quiet, as they walked together back towards the hotel.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:56 am

Colette reached up and picked some of the glitter out of Basil's hair, but otherwise was silent as well. Whatever bad blood there was between him and that girl she didn't want to address it until they were in private, and he was comfortable talking about it.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:22 am

Basil was definitely waiting for privacy. When they finally got back to the hotel room he threw the door open and stalked his way to the couch to throw the throw pillows around in frustration with the situation.

Then he flopped himself on the couch with his arms crossed over his chest to sulk.

"Sorry..." He said aloud.

"Soooo. I guess I should explain myself now..."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:12 am

Colette let Basil blow off some steam, the girl stepping into the bedroom to quickly slip into something more comfortable. When he had finally settled on the couch she approached and leaned over the arm of the piece of furniture in an oversized t-shirt.

"You could, if you feel you must. But you are not on trial here Basil. If you speak of it, do so because you feel it will make you feel better, and not out of some sense of obligation."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:33 pm

"It's the sense of obligation that makes me feel bad. Like if i don't tell you and something happens that hurts you, it was my fault for not being forthcoming."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:09 am

Colette reached down and lightly touched her fingers to Basil's head, feeling for his hair to gently run her fingers through it.

"If it is zat serious, zen perhaps it is for ze best zat you get it off your chest."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:43 am

Basil sighed and leant his head back, melting into the couch in an anxiety puddle.

"She wasn't my girlfriend. She was the girl I told you about. The one that used to live with my family. Back then, she was Mia but now she goes by Amber, for several reasons. One of which is that she's needs to stay anonymous in some regard, because she's a dominatrix.

She found me at a bar in Oxford. I hadn't seen her since shortly after the change, because her mother and her had a horrendous fight and she left and never came back to the house." He continued, assuming Colette knew he didn't mean puberty by 'change'.

" Back then, she wasn't so specialized because she had no one to practice on before I came along, but she was interested in garnering a skill. Like any job, skill sets make or break working girls as well.

So we started a relationship that was mutually beneficial to the both of us. I never explicitly paid her for anything, but if I look back on it now, that's because I didn't need to hand her cash. I gave her whatever she asked me for without question. But it was not enough for her, and she continued to see other clients. I told myself that even though it bothered me, I didn't have the right to tell her otherwise because she wasn't my girlfriend and I didn't give her money so how else was she supposed to get it?

This went on for roughly nine months before Harold finally ratted us out. My parents were furious. They reclaimed the Oxford apartment we lived in and put it on the market. They did not give her time to collect all her belongings, just a few clothes and essentials as if she were going on a day trip.

She's still a little yanked off about it.

I was allowed to finish up my studies at Oxford for the year, but then I was promptly moved to the University as a punishment. According to my mother, her logic was if I refused to live in secrecy then I'd have to live ostracized instead. Like the rest of my kind."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:54 am

Colette listened patiently, looping Basil's hair around her fingers the entire time, not saying a word until the young man had finished. Her expression didn't even change much.

"... well, to me it sounds as zough ze two of you were in an unhealzy relationship, where boz of you were using each ozer. Whezer or not eizer or boz of you realised zat at the time I cannot say. Nor can I say whezer or not it matters."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:04 am

"Doesn't it?

What if I'm just using you too and don't realize it? I didn't see it as using at the time. She acted like she enjoyed being with me, and that she enjoyed my... help." Basil replied, cleaning things up for sensibility purposes. "But if I brought up the possibility of her stopping, of us becoming exclusive, she would just laugh the conversation off or try to make it part of the game."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:21 am

Colette smiled softly. "Basil, you just explained a lot of my problems zat I have had in zis relationship. For so long I feared zat you might zink I was only attracted to you because of your money, to ze point where I was afraid to even mention my concerns. And I doubted myself, zinking perhaps I really was zat way and did not know it."

Colette stood up and walked around to the front of the couch, stepping over Basil to ooze herself between him and the back of it, reforming herself to hug around his waist.

"Baseel, I am not a psychiatrist. I cannot say ze words zat will make you feel better or help you move on. But I can say zis... I do not zink zat we have zat type of a relationship. And I zink zat you having been zrough it already, you would not be part of one like zat again.You are a good person Basil. You are just unfortunate enough to be human, as zey have zeir faults."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:33 am

Basil abruptly became visible (as he was want to do) and for once, Colette got to see what his face looked like in those long, awkward silences.

His brow was knitted together in consternation, the side of his mouth pulled across his face in skepticism, and there was a bit of nausea in there for good measure.

He kind of looked like he was about to shit himself actually.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and his thoughts were dashed, as his look of completely overwhelming anxiety disappeared entirely, replaced with surprise. He checked his watch.

"Oh fuck. It's 12:03.... You uuuhh... Might want to go get dressed... We've got guests... Kind of..."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:20 am

The knock at the door caught Colette by surprise, as did Basil's explanation. "Company? What sort of... why did you not tell me? I..." She scrambled to the point of almost pushing Basil off of the couch and onto the floor. Eventually se settled on a strange sort of leaping and pouring of herself over the arm of the couch, an action she repeated to get herself into the next room like some sort of gooey slinkie.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:29 am

"I forgot!" He defended. That truly was the answer. All the melodrama caused him to forget he had anything else scheduled for the evening.

Whenever Colette did bother to return, she'd be greeted with the catch all hotel table having been covered in a table cloth. The room lights had been turned down, and candles lit on the table. A plate of apéritif and a freshly opened bottle of Taittinger Comtes De Champagne Blanc De Blancs say upon it's surface. If Colette was observant enough, she would see several other covered serving dishes had been wheeled in. A staff member would bow his way out of the room into the hall.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:59 am

Colette poked her head out of the bedroom once the clatter had died down, getting a look at the hotel staff member as they were leaving. She breathed a soft sigh of relief and stepped out, still in her t-shirt but holding her sweater dress from earlier to her chest.

"Oh, oh my goodness. I zought zat you meant visitors, like some friends of yours or somezing." She tossed the dress onto the back of the couch and stepped toward the table, the silver covers of the serving dishes reflecting the candlelight - as did the confetti still in her system.

"What is all of zis, Basil?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:05 am

"Revellion." Now that he mentioned it, Colette might realize he intentionally never fed her since breakfast, just slipped her some alcohol. He didn't prevent her from snacking if she chose to, but dinner was only mentioned as a distraction once during the day.

"Happy Christmas Madame Rosenhof."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:22 am

Colette brought a hand up to her mouth in surprise, turning to look at Basil. There were almost tears in her eyes, but when her hand was lowered she was smiling.

"Oh Basil." She whispered, stepping forward and pressing her palms to his cheeks. "To go zrough so much trouble, so much planning, to do all of zis? You are ze sweetest, ze most kind, ze most romantic boy in ze entire world." She leaned in and closed her eyes, pressing her lips to his in a soft, drawn out kiss.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:49 am

Basil waited for her to finish her display of affection, putting his arms around her waist and letting her kiss for as long as she liked.

"Let's eat. I'm starving." He replied.

-----------------

After the apertifs were appetizers (Oysters served with a Pouilly Fuissé and a Coteaux du Layon with Foie Grae which Basil was quick to point out was sourced from the only Foie Grae company that didn't force feed their birds because he kind of felt bad even paying for such things), the main course of Pheasant stuffed with Chestnuts, Mushrooms, and Brussells Sprouts (the last of which was probably leaning in British territory in terms of Christmas dinners) served with a Bordeaux, a cheese platter and a salad containing vegetables that Colette hadn't actually seen before (at least, in person) served with a Sauternes, and at the end a Bûche de Noël with Moet Et Chandon (because he figured at this point they'd both be too pissed to notice quality anymore.

And he was at least half right because he definitely was).

Periodically the hotel staffer would return to serve them, then disappear. He also handled the clean up. By the time he dismissed himself and dinner was over, Basil undid his top button and proclaimed-

"Jesus, I thought he wasn't going to leave... I have to get these trousers off before they burst off."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:27 am

Colette practically had her eyes rolling into the back of her head with every course. Some people called themselves foodies, but she was a full-scale gourmand. She had to savour every unique dish, setting her fork down for the first bite of every new item so that she could take her time and properly appreciate all on the subtle nuances of flavour and how they were complimented by the texture. Of course once that was done she straight up relished in the meal. And if Basil found himself unable to finish one of his plates, she was only too eager to help clear it for him.

When all was done, the champagne drained and every morsel eaten, the dishes taken away and even the candles snuffed, Colette was left slouching slightly in her chair with a look of blissful contentment on her face.

"Somezing, somezing - I would make a joke about me trying to get into you trousers but I do not zink I can phrase it correctly. It is for ze best anyway, one should not go swimming for at least an after having eaten a meal such as zis, ozerwise you may get a cramp and drown."

Oh, there was the answer to the question he hadn't asked, the alcohol had taken effect.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:52 pm

"Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaa, that's a myth." Basil replied flirtatiously as he stripped himself of his jeans, sloughing them off like a snakeskin. Apparently his shame around Colette was dead after one romp in the hay, though being he was a theater kid, the idea of being in his skivs in front of others didn't much bother him. He'd only held back in the past due to Colette's virgin sensibilities.

However, his faceforward collapse onto the bed in the next room implied that he was all talk.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 am

Colette flushed just a touch at how comfortable Basil had become around her, though considering how much she had seen (or hadn't seen but experienced) perhaps that was why she wasn't blushing more. When she entered the bedroom she was carrying Basil's shoes with her, retrieved from where he'd been sitting, as well as her shortest shoes she'd brought with her. The sight of her boyfriend collapsed onto the bed elicited a soft giggle from her, the girl pushing his feet up a bit to try and get his head closer to the pillows after she placed the footwear on the windowsill. "We can not have you dangling off ze bed. Zat is how ze bogeyman gets you."

Colette paused after having looked at Basil's form and turned toward the mirror, a little shift in her proportions causing her stomach to bulge out subtly as Basil's was currently. She lifted her shirt and gave it a little slap, rewarded by a wet drum sound, which made her smile a little wider at her own silliness. Not having any teeth to brush she was ready for bed and climbed onto the mattress beside him, foregoing her suit that night it seemed.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:32 am

"No bogeys allowed on Crimbo." Basil rolled dramatically onto said gelatinous pot belly without reservation to make himself comfy.

"Squishy...." He commented, before noticing his shoes near the window.

" M'feet stinky?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:45 am

Colette wrapped her arms around Basil and cuddled him closer, gently touching her nose to his. "It is a surprise. If you've been a good boy, zat is."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to London