Hazard Protocols

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Re: Hazard Protocols

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:14 pm

"France? How the heck are we supposed to get to France?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:41 pm

“....how fast do you think we can both fly?” Haley pondered aloud.
Haley Crusek
Student

High Concept: Pint-sized Powerhouse
Aspect: Wannabe hero
Aspect: Shitty psychic
Aspect: Hothead
Aspect: Walmart-brand Tinkerbell

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:46 pm

"I'm slower than a car on the highway."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:24 pm

“Well shit. I can go fast but...like. I don’t know for how long,” she frowned.

“Should I try to force my way deeper into her head?” she asked Nailah mentally.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Nailah just nods. "We'll figure it out. After we deal with this nutso."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:53 pm

Haley inexpertly applies some telepathic pressure to make herself more intimidating—she liked to think of the scene in the movie Tosh made her watch about rings where the elf lady got all scary.

“Quit fucking around and tell us exactly where he is before I turn your brain into paste,” she threatened.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:07 pm

The mental presence is now behind them, probably in the car judging by the sudden engine sounds and peeling rubber. The contraption is parked over the rope.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:07 pm

“Shit! It’s in the car!” Haley swore, spinning on her heels and running towards it.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:53 pm

"Dangit!" Nailah sorta-curses, spinning around and breaking into a sprint and spreading her wings to take off. "How'd she get all the way over there!?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:20 pm

The small car is already booking it down the street at a good clip by the time they emerge from the alley. With the message delivered and some fun had, the new psycho in the mix is in full flight mode now.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:09 pm

Nailah is not about to let her get away this easily. Hazard has to pay for what he did and while this isn't him, in Nailah's head it'd still count as a win in Hazard's column if she lets this nutjob escape. She can't fly as fast as a car on a highway, but this is in the city, she doesn't have to stick to the roads and, perhaps most importantly, her power works on this freak. All hesitance about using it is forgotten in the moment as she chases after the car, rapidly beating her wings to gain height and cut across houses while reaching out with her power to try and find anything that'll open a Path for her. Catch up to her. Stop the car. Arrest her. Knock her out. Something, anything...
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Haley growled in frustration and stomped her foot, propelling herself into the air after the car. She could fly pretty fast, but she wasn’t entirely sure how well she could turn while doing so. She also wanted to be able to save some telekinetic oomph to try and either grab on to the car, throw something in front of it, or pierce the tires.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:06 am

The Path takes shape: Take a left around the block. Land on the street. She lies.

Haley manages to keep pace with the car. This loony should have gotten something faster for her getaway vehicle. Was she perhaps new at this?
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:17 am

Nailah doesn't question it and goes into a hard left turn as she swoops down to land in the middle of the street with little regard for traffic.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:50 am

Haley sees her friend dive into the middle of the street potentially in the path of a maniac, and her eyes go wide. She flings herself forward faster, dropping into a three point landing on the sidewalk a bit ahead of the car’s path and reaching out with her TK to try and stop the car.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:38 pm

Nailah's power having played Haley like a fiddle, the telekinetic shove stopped the small car with a significant shriek of crushed metal. The black mist separates from the rising smoke and makes a break for a nearby manhole in a last-ditch attempt at escape.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:44 pm

Nailah reaches for her belt and pulls out the anti-riot foam grenades. She pulls the pin as she spins around and pauses for a moment, waiting for the right timing. Then she throws it, not at the manhole but rather at the smoke. The grenade explodes just as it passes through the black smoke, releasing the quickly expanding and hardening foam within the cloud.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:30 am

The mist flows into the growing foam before it can avoid it. It attempts to escape but, with a sudden flash, is replaced by a young white woman with a brunette ponytail and wide manic eyes entangled in riot foam. Thankfully for all involved, her clothes somehow transformed with her; although it was hard to tell what clothes those were given all the foam.

"I... I can explain!" she nervously exclaims with a slight drawl. This isn't the crazy cartoon voice.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:43 pm

"This better be a dang good explanation." Nailah says as she stands up on shaky legs. Adrenaline is still coursing through her body as she walks over, fists clenched to keep her hand from shaking. "Who are you and why are you working with that lunatic!?" she demands.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:54 am

"I'm really just an actress; I swear! Some guy hired me over the internet and told me what to say! Sure it felt off but I... I really need the work," she explains pleadingly, eyes wide and innocent.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:03 am

Nailah just stares at the woman for a moment, head shaking a little from her clenched jaw muscles.

"Bullshit!" she finally snaps at the woman. "That's fucking bullshit! You attacked us and I don't believe for a second that this god damn lunatic would be able to pass himself off as trustworthy enough for a normal person to pull this kinda shit! Who the fuck are you!"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:40 am

The woman is taken aback, beginning to cry. "A desperate idiot. Okay? Is that what you want?" she sniffs. "I was just trying to sc-scare you. I don't know anything else and that's the truth!"

Haley gets the faint impression of a mental giggle, followed by annoyance.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:02 pm

“She’s full of it...or has someone else in her head.” Haley shared.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:52 pm

"Well, which one is it?" Nailah grouses. "Or do I have to make her tell me?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Haley circled the woman slowly before she approached the restrained woman from behind, closing her eyes as she put her hands on either side of the woman’s skull. She pushed her way further into the woman’s mind—or tried to at least. She wasn’t delicate about the process, but she wasn’t digging in so hard that she’d cause permanent harm.

She hoped.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:11 am

"No... p-please don't! You'll..." the woman pleads fearfully before something in her mind flashes a sharp grin. It feels a lot like Tosh's mental division; though while his is a healthy symbiosis, this woman's is a malignant parasite gnawing on her sanity.

"Hey! Hands of my Alice you crumbum!" the other voice says as if from the thin air next to her. Nailah might faintly make out her lips moving. Haley senses something fuzzy with button eyes and long ears providing the words.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:18 pm

"Fuck!" Nailah curses again. "I'm gonna call X-Corp. Maybe they can help her while we go beat the shit out of Hazard."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:19 am

“What...the...fuck,” she murmured under her breath. “Are there two of you assholes in there?”

Haley looked at Nailah and nodded, “Yeah. Call ‘em and we can go bash that weird fucker’s skull in.”
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:23 pm

X-Corp responds quickly and soon arrives to collect the disturbed woman. As she is being hauled into a van, she proclaims, "You'll never beat him you know! Infinity has chosen him!"
Narrator
Site Admin

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to London