Stake Out

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Re: Stake Out

Postby Miriam Bell » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:26 pm

"No, I believe you chose the color yourself. And we'll stick with green, I'd say, just a different shade."
Miriam Bell
Student

High Concept: Sorrowful Telepath
Aspect: Powerful Enemies
Aspect: Structural Shadow

Postby Null » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:30 am

"I...chose it myself?" Will said, scratching his head -- a new, hereto unthought of concept!

"If I chose it myself...should't we keep it that way?"
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:28 am

"That's why we'll keep it green. Just a little more... muted. Just a nice big make-over." she says as she makes contact with Will's mind again. She's still no sculptor, but imposing mental images as she reaches out to hold Will's head in her hands she can work through trial and error, adjust features on the fly and muddle her way through. Really, she does most of the work mentally, but feeling the clay shift underneath her hands keeps her partially focused in the real world, able to better judge the effects of what she's doing. Here and there she pulls from Will's library of templates to fill things in and have some baseline aspects to work with. Start with that nose, adjust it a little, mold the cheeks to fit, find lips and adjust them. Bit by bit what starts out as kind of a jumbled patchwork comes together.

As 'promised' the hair is a little more muted, less immediately clashing with her own predominantly dark wardrobe but still distinct enough. Accessorizing with people isn't really demeaning when it's a shapeshifter you're color coordinating, right? That's just... appreciating the range and flexibility. What she hadn't announced was the fact that she'd flipped Will's gender while she was working. It seemed to make little difference to Will so she sees no reason not to chose the one she's more comfortable with.

"There we go..." she says, taking a step back to look Will over. "What do you think?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Will turned around, bending her neck at implausible angles to check everything out.

"Everything seems to be working OK," she said, test flexing her arms and legs. "What about it works better for you?"
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:23 pm

"It's more aesthetically pleasing. To me anyway. Little bit cute and perky but not obnoxiously so, hair a tad less rebelling punk and more unusual-but-refined. I took off the rough edges, if you will."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:03 pm

"Rough edges?" Will asked, confused. "You like rounder things, then?"
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:11 pm

"I meant more metaphorically. You have an unique style, but it was loud and unrefined."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:36 am

"And now I have a...derivative style?"
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:03 am

"No, just more refined. More befitting drinking expensive champagne."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:11 am

"Oh! I didn't realize there was a requirement. Are guys not allowed to drink champagne?" Will asked, drinking more champagne...and hiccuping.
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:17 am

Miriam chuckles. "No, that just falls under my personal preference. I don't... appreciate men the same way I do women and it'd be a shame to not appreciate you."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:18 am

"Well, it feels good to be appreciated! Wouldn't want you to get tired of me," she smiled, nodding.
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:45 am

"Precisely! Speaking of, we should get some music going, really celebrate this. I'll call room service for some more delectable food."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:55 am

"Certainly! What kind of music do you like?" Will said, walking over towards the radio. "I'm not sure what stations are around here, but I'm sure we can find something..."
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:47 pm

"Something easy to dance to. Modern." she says as she picks up the phone and calls for a variety of food.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Will hrmmed as she started clicking through the radio stations, snippets of music coming through as she tried to find something to match Miriam's tastes.

She hesitated for a minute on a station that definitely wasn't modern, though somewhat danceable.

I'm gonna buy a paper doll that I can call my own
A doll that other fellows cannot steal
And then the flirty, flirty guys with their flirty, flirty eyes
Will have to flirt with dollies that are real

When I come home at night she will be waiting
She'll be the truest doll in all this world
I'd rather have a paper doll to call my own
Than have a fickle-minded real live girl

"Nothing much danceable on the radio," Will called. "We may have to do something else if you want something modern."
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:46 pm

"Maybe that's what my great-grandmother would have called dance music. If you can't find anything written in the last decade then I'll have to dance by myself, because you'll be the radio."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:51 pm

"I think I can do that, if you'd like!" Will said, though she clicked onto something a bit more danceable after a few minutes.
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:31 pm

"Better." she says, downing her second glass of champagne and sashaying over to Will in time with the music. The alcohol doesn't really do much for her anymore and the taste is muted, but it's the principle of it that still makes it enjoyable. And she does have her own way of getting intoxicated right there, she just needs to... savor it properly, especially to celebrate. So she grabs Will by the waist and pulls her in to dance.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:37 pm

At first, it's less like dancing and more like dragging a dead weight around, as Will stumbled and staggered a little bit. Soon enough, though, she was getting the hang of it -- a bit too fast, to be perfectly honest, probably a remnant of her dancing technique from years of theater classes.

She was more than happy to let Miriam lead, however, following her steps and mimicking her fairly exactly.
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:08 am

Miriam's not the most competent dancer, but with a quick learner like Will she has no trouble pulling her along well enough. For a while she just kind of let's herself drift a little, eyes closed and arms wrapped loosely around Will's waist. She tries her hardest not to let the familiar melancholy creep in around the edges, determined to enjoy this moment and not let it be sullied by the reality outside of this room. It's only after a bit that she notices her hands are tightly clutching Will's clothes, her fingernails probably digging into her skin.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:13 am

Thin lines of blood were revealed where Miriam's fingernails had dug into Will -- she was still holding her person form, and people bleed. Tantalizing, ruby red blood on white skin.

Will, for her part, didn't seem to notice anything wrong with Miriam. They were dancing! Dancing was kinda fun!
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:21 am

Miriam doesn't see the blood so much as that she smells it, the unmistakable heady smell with a hint of tangy metal to it. Only then does she feel the slickness underneath her fingers and brings her hand up to her lips, licking the precious liquid off her fingertip, taking in a sharp breath at the taste and the sheer promise of it.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:25 am

Will smiled, and leaned in closer to Miriam as they danced, tilting her head to one side and exposing her ivory white neck, arteries just barely visible under the semi-translucent surface.
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Miriam places her hand on Will's cheek, running it up into her hair as she leans down. When she'd previously fed on Will it had been almost tinged with this sense of pity. There's none of that this time as her fingers grip Will's hair a moment before she sinks her teeth into her neck. She doesn't want to hurt Will, but there's really no being gentle about it. Especially when the taste of blood fills her mouth she can't help but bite down hard.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:10 pm

Will whimpered a bit as Miriam's fangs pierced her skin -- and the dancing was right out -- but otherwise tried to keep herself still while Miriam slated her thirst, slumping up against her as Miriam drank. Little rivulets of blood trickled down her neck onto her shirt, leaving dark red stains.

It was almost a little...bubbly, after the champagne. Not carbonated or anything like that -- not bubbly in a literal sense -- but lighter and more intoxicating. Put Good Stuff In, Get Good Stuff Out, in other words.

The more Miriam drank, the more Will leaned up against her, trying to stay upright. Just as Miriam needed Will to keep her going, Will needed Miriam to keep from collapsing.
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:17 pm

She would definitely have to teach her an appreciation for the finer things... What enjoyment she found lacking in the champagne she finds here, more so even. More of a rush, the taste of champagne mixing well with the metal tang somehow... Her head swimming she idly wonders if the same is true for everything or if there'd be better pairing. Will slumping against her tears her out of her reverie and with some hesitance she withdraws from her neck, licking her lips for a parting taste.

With a steady hold she carefully, almost gently, lets Will down onto the bed so she won't collapse to the floor.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:05 pm

"I'll...I'll be OK for more dancing. Just...just give me a minute," she said, resting heavily on the bed. "Hoo-ee, but does that take a lot out of you."

She lolled on the bed a little bit, trying (and failing) to lift her head up to look back at Miriam.
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm

Miriam sits down and places a hand under Will's head to help her hold it up. "Take your time. No more of that for now." Until tomorrow night at least...
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Tue May 01, 2018 7:14 pm

"Too bad. I think I kinda like dancing," she joked, weakly.
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 01, 2018 8:22 pm

"There'll be plenty of dancing." she says, shifting so Will's head is in her lap. Brushing her hair aside she checks Will's neck to see how badly she's injured. Was Will vulnerable when she's flesh and blood like this? She's resilient but she doesn't really know how her power works.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Tue May 01, 2018 9:12 pm

The puncture wounds were deep, though they seemed to be slowly beginning to close as she looked. They also weren't really bleeding as much as one would assume -- it looked like her neck was 'empty', for lack of a better way of putting it. Miram no longer needed blood, and Will didn't really need blood, so there wasn't the natural biological processes quickly pumping blood up to the region.

The skin around the bite marks was grayer and wetter to the touch -- a bit of clay around the neck, soft enough to where Miriam could leave her fingerprint in it if she wanted to. It slowly transitioned into flesh the further away from the wound it got.
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed May 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Miriam's not entirely sure what to make of this, but at least it meant Will wasn't going to continue bleeding and... probably didn't need medical attention? She reaches out and tries to help the healing process by pushing the edges of the clay together, smooshing it close with her thumb.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Wed May 02, 2018 6:52 pm

She was able to close the puncture wounds quite easily, her thumb leaving small impressions and patterns where she ran it over the wound.

It looked good as new...well, except for being clay and not flesh. As far as Miriam could tell from a quick inspection, Will seemed none the worse for wear.
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri May 04, 2018 4:05 pm

"Maybe you should eat something after all." she says, eyeing the patch of clay. "It can't hurt, right?" And, if the champagne is any indication, make for a very interesting flavor... She shakes her head for a second to banish the thought.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Fri May 04, 2018 9:21 pm

"If you think it's best, Mnemosyne."

She reached, immediately, for the McDonalds.
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri May 04, 2018 9:25 pm

"No, no, no, no, no. Not that." she says, grabbing Will's wrist. "Room service should be here with something better any minute now."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Fri May 04, 2018 9:57 pm

"Oh, that's right. You...don't like hamburgers?"
Null

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri May 04, 2018 11:40 pm

"That's not... It just doesn't seem right to eat McDonalds when there is money literally everywhere." she says, indicating the money on the bed and where some of it has fallen off.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Null » Sat May 05, 2018 12:54 am

"...So...I should eat...the money?" Will asked, totally not getting what Miriam was saying.
Null

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to London