Going to see a man about a ball...

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Re: Going to see a man about a ball...

Postby Ainsley Green » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:44 am

Now Ainsley had to get out with the ball.

He popped the door to the custodial closet and peered out, trying to see if the hall was clear.
Ainsley Green

Postby Narrator » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:22 pm

The teens from earlier are sitting at the foot of the stairs. The girl is leaning into the boy, crying about something.

"We can still do right by him Molls. Forget what that asshole said. We'll find another way to find out about Leo."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:44 am

Ainsley stopped abruptly, and shifted his bag off his shoulder. He pulled out his sketch pad and scribbled down the phrase " I Know."

He reached out to tap the male teen on the shoulder, pantomiming a request for silence with his finger over his lips before revealing his message.
Ainsley Green

Postby Narrator » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:27 pm

The boy regarded the gesture with confusion before looking at the note. His surprised eyes shot back up to Ainsley's face, studying the silent mutant.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:12 am

Jerking head in a follow motion, he started walking out of the building and onto the street.

He had no reason to stop. If they didn't follow, their loss.
Ainsley Green

Postby Narrator » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:27 am

The pair only took a moment to decide and hurry after him.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:34 am

Ainsley was practically writing a novel as he walked almost a block and a half without stopping.

Once he was sure he was far enough away from the building not to rouse the ire of Leo's relatives accidentally, Ainsley turned on his heel abruptly and held up the note.

"I know where Leo is, but I don't know if he wants to see you. Write down your contact info and let me text him a picture of you and we'll find out." He held out his pencil for them to take.
Ainsley Green

Postby Narrator » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:03 am

"That's probably the best we can hope for," the girl said regretfully as Edward took the pencil and started writing.

Edward handed back the pencil and notepad. "Tell him we don't expect forgiveness. We just want to talk."

The contact info gave the girl's name as Molly.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:13 am

"Hold still please." He scribbled under their names, then took a quick photo and texted it to Leo with a message-

"You wanna talk to these blighters? Molly and Edward? Text me back or call, they are standing right here."

He stood awkwardly awaiting a response from Leo, looking the pair up and down.
Ainsley Green

Postby Narrator » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:50 am

Edward was a slim teen with short brown hair and round glasses over Intelligent green eyes. Molly was the taller of the two, with long, blond hair. Her eyes were an enchanting shade of blue. They both seem quite anxious for Leo's answer.

"So... How do you know Leo?" Molly asked hesitantly.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:54 am

"We're mates.

You?"
He scribbled out. He wasn't about to try to use the phone and risk them seeing Leo's contact info.
Ainsley Green

Postby Narrator » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:33 pm

"We went to school together. He... was my boyfriend for a while," she admitted, though something about it was painful for her.

"He actually tried to bully me the first time we met," Edward chuckled, directing the conversation away from her regrets. "But he was going through some shite, so I forgave him eventually. We were pretty close after that."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:47 pm

"Why do you need to talk to him now?"
Ainsley Green

Postby Narrator » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:53 pm

"We need to tell him how sorry we are for how things went down before he ran off... and for not looking harder for him. We had long since given up when Molly saw his name in a list of victims of that mad scientist guy. If we had just tried harder, Leo wouldn't have gone through that," Edward explained with deep guilt in his eyes.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:38 pm

Ainsley's face was blank. As squishy and nice as he could be, he also had an incredibly good poker face. The lack of voice helped.

He nodded, and gave no reply.

He checked his phone to make sure he didn't miss a message.
Ainsley Green

Postby Leo Eskandari » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:51 pm

The text screen showed Leo was typing. Then not. Then typing. Then not. Then the phone rang.
Leo Eskandari

High Concept: Animal I Have Become
Aspect: Mad Science Victim
Aspect: I Kissed a Boy and I Liked It
Aspect: Soft on the Inside
Aspect: Predatory Instincts
Aspect: No Poker Face

Postby Ainsley Green » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:57 pm

Ainsley answered, but unsurprisingly, no hello.
Ainsley Green

Postby Leo Eskandari » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:05 pm

With a sigh, Leo said, "I don't know if I want to talk or just tell 'em to fuck off. But... I can listen."
Leo Eskandari

Postby Ainsley Green » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:11 pm

Ainsley put the phone of speaker, and held it up, then looked at the duo like 'Well?'
Ainsley Green

Postby Leo Eskandari » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:48 pm

Molly appeared to steel herself before asking, "Is... is it really you Leo?"

"Yeah. I sound different but it's me," Leo responded.

She opened her mouth to say something but Edward cut in to ask, "Tell us something only you would know."

"You once ate a beetle on a dare," Leo said.

Edward turned red. "It's him."

Molly rolled her eyes and smiled sadly. "It's good to hear your voice, no matter how it sounds."

"I don't know if I can say the same," Leo said gruffly, "Not after what you did."

"Leo... we're so, so sorry about how things went down. We both betrayed you and abandoned you when you needed us. And then we gave up on you. We don't expect you to ever forgive us. We just..." Edward said, obviously unsure of what to say next.

"So now you suddenly care?" Leo said defensively.

Molly looked at her feet, biting her lip so as not to cry. Edward said, "We forgot how much you meant to us. That much is true. But we still care. We just... went a bit mental when you caught us together and showed us you were a mutant, all at the same time. It overwhelmed us and we handled it in just about worst way. You deserve better than us."

Molly continued, "All we want is to know if you're doing alright and that you're somewhere you can find some happiness in spite of everything you've been through."

Leo was quiet for a long moment before he answered. "I'm... still workin' on figuring out who I am now. But... I'm alright. And I think I am somewhere I need to be. Somewhere good, where I can do good.

And maybe I can't forgive you two for hurtin' me like that... but I do hope you can make each other happy.

That's... all I wanted to say."

"I guess that's all we could have hoped for," Molly said with a sniff, "Thanks for hearing us out."
Leo Eskandari

Postby Ainsley Green » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:58 pm

Being that he had absolutely no reference on how people ended verbal conversations, once it seemed to Ainsley like they were done talking he ended the call without confirming one way or another whether they were done.
Ainsley Green

Postby Narrator » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:08 pm

The pair looked to Ainsley.

"Thank you. You helped him get a little closure with us. You're the kind of mate he deserves," Edward said.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:38 pm

Ainsley merely shrugged and turned to walk away.

Cool guys don't look at explosions.
Ainsley Green

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to London