Miscreant

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Re: Miscreant

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:31 am

Jez thought that this waitress warranted a little investigating, and that meant checking out the bartender as well.

Will, can you see if you can engage this Alice girl in a conversation? I'm going to talk to the bartender.

The woman got up from her seat and headed for the bar, taking a seat on an empty stool and leaning heavily on the surface as she stared up at the colourful bottles.
Two's company, she's a...
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

High Concept: Soapbox Sadie with a Secret
Aspect: Painfully Situational Sociability
Aspect: Good is Not Soft
Aspect: Master Multitasker
Aspect: Gamer Chick
Aspect: Tumblr

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:35 am

Will nodded slowly, making it look like he was appreciating the act in front of him, and raised his hand for the waitress.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Alice » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:07 am

Alice finished tapping on her POS pad at a nearby table, the dark-haired young man in the tight pants successfully capturing her attention.

"Good evening, what can I get for you tonight?" That... wasn't a British accent. It was English-speaking, of some sort. And... she was short. A tiny little thing.
Alice

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:32 am

"Some water that we Americans call beer," Will joked. "Something spicy, too, if you have a kitchen -- hot wings would really hit the spot."

He cast an eye back at Basil, and leaned in to whisper to Alice, conspiratorially. "Maybe some sweet buns too, ay?" he winked at her.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:56 pm

Jezabelle Sherlock wrote:Jez thought that this waitress warranted a little investigating, and that meant checking out the bartender as well.

Will, can you see if you can engage this Alice girl in a conversation? I'm going to talk to the bartender.

The woman got up from her seat and headed for the bar, taking a seat on an empty stool and leaning heavily on the surface as she stared up at the colourful bottles.

"What can I get you ma'am?" The bartender asked. Wearing entirely black with a magenta bowtie, the young main groomed up well, his long, dark brown hair smoothed and kept back in a low pony tail. He glanced at her with dark eyes over the rim of his metal spectacles.

"And what may I get for you, ma'am?"

With his hair tucked cleanly behind his ears, Jez could tell he had what appeared to be a spacer in one ear. A flat, black, circular affair that resembled a spacer roughly 10 millimeters in diameter.

Not that far off from the bartender was what appeared to be an uncleared drunk, her head laid on the bar for a quick nap. Her short, messy cut did nothing to obscure the fact she had a very similar earring of her own.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Alice » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:14 pm

The girl tapped on her POS with an eyebrow that raised a little higher at the subsequent requests. Getting in close like that to whisper would give Will a good look at her, and the gauge-like piercing in one of her ears - same as the young man on stage. Maybe it was some sort of couples thing.

"I'm think you'll have to lick your fingers clean yourself tonight, but there's always a slim chance." It was a playfully teasing tone, meant to rile Will up a bit, get them tapping their card against the screen and competing with the other patrons for Cheshire's attention. "The wings may take awhile, but I'll be back shortly with your bevvy."
Alice

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:35 pm

Narrator wrote:"What can I get you ma'am?" The bartender asked. Wearing entirely black with a magenta bowtie, the young main groomed up well, his long, dark brown hair smoothed and kept back in a low pony tail. He glanced at her with dark eyes over the rim of his metal spectacles.

"And what may I get for you, ma'am?"

With his hair tucked cleanly behind his ears, Jez could tell he had what appeared to be a spacer in one ear. A flat, black, circular affair that resembled a spacer roughly 10 millimeters in diameter.

Not that far off from the bartender was what appeared to be an uncleared drunk, her head laid on the bar for a quick nap. Her short, messy cut did nothing to obscure the fact she had a very similar earring of her own.

Jez took the man in but feigned that she was scrutinizing the bottles behind him.
"Hmm, something sweet that hides the booze. And if you get to show off in the making, all the better." She tapped her prepaid house card on the bar top lightly before turning to look at their companion.

"And maybe a coffee for her. Friend of yours?"
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:48 pm

Jezabelle Sherlock wrote:Jez took the man in but feigned that she was scrutinizing the bottles behind him.
"Hmm, something sweet that hides the booze. And if you get to show off in the making, all the better." She tapped her prepaid house card on the bar top lightly before turning to look at their companion.

"And maybe a coffee for her. Friend of yours?"

The Bartender with the name tag 'Peter' scoffed a bit at her observation.

"You could say that. Think of her as a guard dog that I pay in Pimm's Cups." He replied as he scooped ice into a shaker. "Best for all of us if she's just left as she is. She's uncontrollable when she's woken up."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:22 pm

Alice wrote:The girl tapped on her POS with an eyebrow that raised a little higher at the subsequent requests. Getting in close like that to whisper would give Will a good look at her, and the gauge-like piercing in one of her ears - same as the young man on stage. Maybe it was some sort of couples thing.

"I'm think you'll have to lick your fingers clean yourself tonight, but there's always a slim chance." It was a playfully teasing tone, meant to rile Will up a bit, get them tapping their card against the screen and competing with the other patrons for Cheshire's attention. "The wings may take awhile, but I'll be back shortly with your bevvy."

This place either has a very invasive dress code, or we've got some kind of cultish thing going on here, willingly or otherwise\\

"We'll see where the night takes us," Will grinned.

"Actually, hold on a second," he added, tapping his chin. "About my order, let me think here.

I'm trying to figure out how many times I can change my order so you can stand here and keep an eye on your friend on stage," he whispered, mock-conspiratorially. "Without being such a problem customer that you toss me out on my butt."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:34 pm

Narrator wrote: The Bartender with the name tag 'Peter' scoffed a bit at her observation.

"You could say that. Think of her as a guard dog that I pay in Pimm's Cups." He replied as he scooped ice into a shaker. "Best for all of us if she's just left as she is. She's uncontrollable when she's woken up."

"Sounds like more of a liability than an asset. I'll be doing my best not to wake her, either way." Jez folded her arms on the counter and watched "Peter" do his work.

"You two an item or somethin'?"
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Alice » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:37 pm

Will Stanton wrote:"We'll see where the night takes us," Will grinned.

"Actually, hold on a second," he added, tapping his chin. "About my order, let me think here.

I'm trying to figure out how many times I can change my order so you can stand here and keep an eye on your friend on stage," he whispered, mock-conspiratorially. "Without being such a problem customer that you toss me out on my butt."

Alice gave her best customer service grin. "You paid the cover to get in, you're allowed to look all you want. But if you want a front-row seat, or for Cheshire to look back, that's what costs extra. Cats are fickle like that."
Alice

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:39 pm

"Oh, I'm just trying to help the waitstaff out. I know what it's like to be on my feet all day. And I know that sometimes, getting to look is one of the perks that makes a shit job just a little more managable, aye? Especially if you happen to like the artwork,' Will said, 'absentmindedly' rubbing the lobe of his ear.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:56 pm

Jezabelle Sherlock wrote:
"Sounds like more of a liability than an asset. I'll be doing my best not to wake her, either way." Jez folded her arms on the counter and watched "Peter" do his work.

"You two an item or somethin'?"

Peter smirked. "More like family." He replied vaguely, measuring out different liquids with relative ease. It would remind Jez a bit of Basil learning to mix the drinks for her wizard's ball.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Alice » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:32 pm

Will Stanton wrote:"Oh, I'm just trying to help the waitstaff out. I know what it's like to be on my feet all day. And I know that sometimes, getting to look is one of the perks that makes a shit job just a little more managable, aye? Especially if you happen to like the artwork,' Will said, 'absentmindedly' rubbing the lobe of his ear.

Alice's freckled cheeks flushed a bit, though her eyes were drawn to Cheshire and his display. "Oh, I get to look plenty after-hours. But it's appreciated, all the same."
Alice

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:35 pm

Narrator wrote:Peter smirked. "More like family." He replied vaguely, measuring out different liquids with relative ease. It would remind Jez a bit of Basil learning to mix the drinks for her wizard's ball.

"Mmmm, I think I get it." Jez nodded, watching Peter work with half-lidded eyes.

I've got at least two more employees with the same piercing, a bartender and an... enforcer I think. It's not the same for every dancer and employee, is it? I didn't notice them on the people working the door or coat check.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:13 pm

Alice wrote:Alice's freckled cheeks flushed a bit, though her eyes were drawn to Cheshire and his display. "Oh, I get to look plenty after-hours. But it's appreciated, all the same."

As far as what Basil was up to, he'd focus'd in on Sam specifically, having removed his tie to toss it over to her and undo the top button of his dress shirt to reveal his ring collar with the bell.

And that was it. Apparently Basil was an expensive item around this place.
Basil Benson
Student

High Concept: Unwitting Heir to a Secret Legacy
Aspect: More Money Than Sense
Aspect: Ward of Unwanted Protectors
Aspect: Inconsistently Invisible
Aspect: Weirdness Magnet
Aspect: Covert Pervert

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:19 pm

Jezabelle Sherlock wrote:I've got at least two more employees with the same piercing, a bartender and an... enforcer I think. It's not the same for every dancer and employee, is it? I didn't notice them on the people working the door or coat check.

We've got another team in here, it sounds like. I'm going to check for logical inconsistencies; see if they're aware what's going on or if they've got some false memories to back up the brainwashing plan.

"Well, I didn't mean to stick you here if you were getting tired of the view," Will teased. "I can imagine even a Picasso gets a little boring if you're looking at it for years."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Alice » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:55 pm

"Oh no, we haven't know each other that long. This is still my first week." Alice looked over to the bar for a moment, but it seemed like no one had noticed she hadn't come back yet for more orders.
Alice

Postby Will Stanton » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:45 am

"Ah, shiny and new. Well, at least shiny sometimes," Will grinned. "Well, you can keep changing my order around as long as you want to watch. I'd say you could sit down, if you didn't keep glancing over your shoulder. Don't want to get you in too much trouble here if you're that new."

Will smiled as he leaned back in his seat, casually glancing around the room. He was looking for earrings among staff members, though there was probably only so much he could see from his point of view.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:03 am

The earring was not a part of the uniform. So far as Will could tell, the only ones within his visual field that had one were Basil and Alice.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Will Stanton » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:26 am

Whatever's going on here, I don't think the staff is in on it. I can't spot any more earrings on the bouncers or anything.

Depending on how Sam gets on, this may call for some after-hours investigating. Rescuing Basil first, obviously.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Alice » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:31 pm

Alice didn't stay too much longer - eventually someone was going to notice she hadn't been doing her rounds, and now that Cheshire was actually engaged in working she really shouldn't be a distraction.

"Thanks and all, but I've gotta pick up these drink orders. And explain this to the cook." Alice tapped her tablet as she excused herself before any other customers could tease her about the dance dedication.
Alice

Postby Will Stanton » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:10 pm

Will nodded and waved, and went back to observing Basil. For recon, of course.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:34 pm

Sam meanwhile has been feeding Basil tips from the kitty she'd been provided, and projecting that she was very interested in Basil, and willing to pay. Simultaneously, a few people who might otherwise have tipped Basil seem to reconsider and swerve away.
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:29 pm

While the team did their recon, the song had changed. Basil was more or less giving Samantha his full attention.

That was until a dark haired girl dressed in a latex dress with Betty Page bangs and a pair of messy buns started to come to join in on the fun and just as abruptly lost interest in him. Vivian never lost interest in him. It was kind of ego crushing if he were to be honest, though it wasn't his job to be such. What was his job was pretending he as an exotic dancer, and a dancer wouldn't let a steady income source just wander off so easily.

So he went into the girl's favourite trick in hopes of reeling her back in. In a display of strength none of the assembled had ever seen out of Basil before, he scurried up that pole in the blink of an eye. At the top, he spun idly while he undid his dress shirt, then threw it out not to Sam, but to this girl who's attention he was trying to get. Too far away to really tell if he had it or not, he decided to proceed with what he came up here to do anyways, and pole dropped from the second story height at the top of the guitar solo.

Crumpled nearly into a ball at the end of the floor only inches from impact, he smiled at Samantha (since she was the only one present) as he stretched out again into a little floor work and waited for Vivian to show back up. Surely, that would bring her in.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:14 pm

"Funny, you seem like you've got someplace you'd rather be."

She doesn't raise her voice to say this. She shouldn't be audible above the music and the crowd, but for some reason Basil can hear her just fine.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:26 pm

Basil laughed in response, figuring out immediately that this woman had some kind of powers. He wasn't certain of what yet.

"Wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't pull in some competition for you."
He answered, presuming she could hear him too, despite the fact he was whispering back. "And I've got to eat. A growing young man has quite the appetite."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:15 pm

"You saying you couldn't make a meal of me?" She quirks a brow.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:19 pm

"Depends on what's in your wallet." He smirks back, leaving center stage for the tertiary where he'd normally pull inthe bulk of his tips as the bar patrons got into a bidding war.

Somehow he suspected only Samantha would be following him.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:58 am

The Jez near Will gave him a little tap on the shoulder, just to let him know where she was heading, following Basil toward the side stage. She wouldn't get into too much of a bidding war with Sam, that was just silly, but she COULD take up a seat and help prevent others from bidding. Teamwork.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:01 am

Peter the bartender hadn't noticed anything unusual and finished up Bar Jez's drink with a little umbrella.

"Here you are, a hurricane." He said, laying the drink on the bar then going back to his other work.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:04 pm

Sam strides over, unhurried, as if the crowd just parts to let her pass.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:50 pm

Not so front and center to the sound system, even Jez could hear Basil at this point as he chuckled again at Sam's persistence.

"My, my, my... I do so enjoy a woman who knows what she wants." He observed. Amid his floorwork, Basil had managed to get his pants off in one deft maneuver, mostly impressive only because he did with without taking off his boots.

Basil was now stripped down to a sleeveless, legless body suit with a zipper that ran all the way down and back up the other side again, a pair of thigh high, flat soled platform boots, and his bell collar.

"If you want any more, you'll need to take me some place private, luv. I'm bashful." The way he was playfully pouting and looking at Sam from his place on the stage floor suggested otherwise.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:33 am

The Jez at the bar took her drink with a little smile and sipped the fruity drink, going back to pretending to be on her phone as "Peter" went back to work.

The other Jez looked Sam curiously. "How many are allowed in a room? 'cause honestly, I'd like to see more too."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:36 am

"Oh you're definitely going to want to see this. You may not get another chance." Basil replied, looking at Jez dead in the face as he did it, still gyrating about and not missing a beat in his groove.

The hint was incredibly subtle, but it wouldn't be to Jezabelle... and probably not Sam either just thanks to her abilities.

"They'll allow up to three people and a dancer in, but anymore than that and you're going to have to buy your way into the VIP lounge. "
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:34 am

Jez looked to Sam, and raised her card. "Don't suppose you're the type of girl who likes to share, do you? 'cause I'd rather pitch in and get a big reward together than compete."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Alice » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:49 am

As Will was watching Basil, they probably didn't notice her going back to her route, or spending time talking to someone who came out from the back, even going so far as to point in their direction. It was a little bit of time, and she actually passed by once before with a tray of drinks, before she'd approach him again.

"Sorry for the wait, it's not often that we get asked for these so the chef was taken a little by surprise." On the little table near them she set down a tall pint of what they'd find to be Budweiser draught, and a large oval bowl piled high with some strangely red chicken wings, with a second bowl and some napkins to help with the mess.
Alice

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:13 am

"It's lovely," Will smiled, pulling a pair of 20-pound notes out of his pocket. "I'm glad you guys take special care of your customers here."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:35 pm

"Have a feeling he's a bit of a unicorn, do you?" Sam asks with a raunchy smirk.

"No harm, I suppose."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:14 pm

'Cheshire' casually halted his display, crossing his legs one over the other to talk shop. His obligation to be on stage was nearly up, and these two were the only people biting tonight.

"I believe my male identity and ego make me nothing so rare, but I appreciate the compliment. It does make a boy feel special to be seen."
Basil Benson
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to London