Miscreant

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Re: Miscreant

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:48 pm

"I could try and help you out in here, but they might spot the tampering."
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Basil Benson » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:52 pm

"Leaving things as they are is probably for the best. I get drug in for reeducation regularly. "
Basil Benson
Student

High Concept: Unwitting Heir to a Secret Legacy
Aspect: More Money Than Sense
Aspect: Ward of Unwanted Protectors
Aspect: Inconsistently Invisible
Aspect: Weirdness Magnet
Aspect: Covert Pervert

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:05 am

Basil Benson wrote:She sat down next to me, unaware of my presence, reading a book, 'Luna'. She is wearing mismatched sneakers, one pink, one blue. Some young men may not be savvy enough to put together what I do, but my seemingly endless libido has caused me to accidentally flirt with some particularly lovely boys before who needed to politely correct my mistakes.

I find a way to draw her attention, but end up startling her. That's normal, I startle. She blushes, and I find that adorable. She reads, and she's cute and she plays video games. I'm smitten, but I can tell she doesn't feel the same way. She's polite, but when I flirt she doesn't reciprocate.

Disappointing, but not surprising. That's how it's gone since I was cursed.

Jez had a wistful little smile as she read that passage, such a bitter-sweet memory. What would things be like had she had the confidence to flirt back?

"Is there any particular reason why your captors have just decided to have you work in a strip club? Surely there can't be enough money that that'd be their goal." Jez asked as she flipped forward through the book.
Two's company, she's a...
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

High Concept: Soapbox Sadie with a Secret
Aspect: Painfully Situational Sociability
Aspect: Good is Not Soft
Aspect: Master Multitasker
Aspect: Gamer Chick
Aspect: Tumblr

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:40 am

"They're trying to locate human traffickers. At least, that's what they're telling us.

So far as I know, they're not making any money off this venture. We're actually allowed to keep any money or safe items we collect on a job. One of the ways they keep the others complacent."

Several pages of different social outings were browsed through before her attention was drawn to something else.

The Maiden has grabbed the attention of a suitor. I am glad for her. Her would-be suitor wishes to cook for her, so Madame and I have committed to helping her learn. I am uncertain if we will be of assistance, but I must try to help for The Maiden's sake. If this Gilded One is the one for her and I do not help, it would be the same as standing in the way of another's happiness.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:21 am

"So you're being used as a member of some kind of suicide squad? Christ, I wonder if George Benson knew that when he made the decision. It's sounding more and more like plan B is the way for us to go on this."

Jez had a soft little smile, reminded of how hard Katarina had tried to appear "normal" for her. That seemed like an eternity ago now. She kept flipping through the pages as Sam and The Burglar were discussing their options.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:58 am

Further into the book, something darker, thoughts more along the lines of what Jezabelle would have expected to find in the sticky interior of someone's mind.

This place has a penchant for generating the most bloody fucking weird life scenarios possible. The Maiden had requested help with running a party and invited some fortune tellers. After telling me I was going to have a threesome with The Maiden, the fortune tellers turned out to be a pair of sex demons just trying to get a fix off a bunch of randy uni kids. Madame and I helped The Maiden back to her quarters, but she was too frightened to sleep alone. So she slept with us. Literally. In the morning we awoke and I found her hand had taken hold of my meat. I'm sure it was an accident, but then again, I could feel her excitement pressing itself into my thigh, so perhaps it was more of a Freudian error.

In the course of what apparently passes for normal conversation after a cuddle party, Madame suggests I tell The Maiden about our games. I am at first resistant to the idea, but she encourages me, and I acquiesce, mostly under the pressure of the fact that now The Maiden knows something is amiss. The Maiden is strangely overjoyed at knowing about my fetishes, and gushes on, going so far as to compare me to herself. She shouldn't. She is rara avis. I, a degenerate who clings upon the only woman who would have me.

In the discourse that follows she mentions him: The Other Me, though she doesn't fully recognize that we are two sides of the same coin as he bears the name of Absens Pater instead of Falsus Pater. She confirms what we've heard: The Other Me had succeeded where I failed. I change the topic.

Inside, I resent him, and The Gilded One both for having something I do not. Some intrinsic quality that makes them a better person than I which I cannot put my finger on. That makes them more worthy than I.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:09 pm

"Suppose we're at the point where we ought to wrap this up before anyone wonders."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:11 pm

Jez swallowed softly, and closed the book. She had been right before, she really shouldn't have opened it in the first place.

"Is there really nothing more that we can do for him right now?"
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:21 pm

"If I showed you something, could you remember it enough to recreate it?" He asked Sam.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:37 pm

"I think I can," she nods.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:43 pm

The Burglar bounced from his spot and snatched the schematic off the wall, scrolling it out across the table and laying out some of the books there to weigh it down.

In one corner, a book cover with the same art deco design as all the others, depicting a ronin who wore a cloak made out of patchwork. On a second, a tinstar. The third bore a superhero like symbol, in the middle of which was a cat wearing a domino mask.

On the last corner, the book here bore a vaguely feminine figure with a bottom heavy shape and six arms fanned out. Wearing a silver crown, she had no face, but a reflective embossment depicted her as having eyes of light.

As far as what he scrolled out for them, it seemed to be part of a facility, but only part, indicating he'd only ever been in the rooms on the map. One was obviously marked with a 'you are here' X.

The Burglar rolled away, and let them look. He was brooding now, and he snatched another book that looked identical to the one in the forth corner, the one with the spider like figure. He turned his back to them and began to read.

Over his shoulder he called out. ""I won't leave without Alice. I promised we would leave together."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:41 am

"You just be certain that she'll come with us willingly, and we'll handle the rest." Jez said in what she hoped was a reassuring tone.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:05 pm

While Knave was finishing up their set, the passed out drunk (?) at the end of the bar abruptly woke up. As she did, everyone within a 10 foot radius of her felt a warm, cozy relaxation set in.

'Peter' immediately noticed, as he missed a beat putting a glass away, though he managed to catch it in his other hand before it hit the floor.

"Dory? Something amiss?"

"Nah mate. I just need some air." She said, pushing herself upright on the bar as she stood. "The stench of kerb-crawler in here is positively manky." She continued, explaining her temporary stepping out.

"Don't go too far!" Peter called out to her retreating back, almost sounding like he was admonishing her.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Will Stanton » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:52 pm

Will glanced over at the retreating enforcer, counting to 47 before getting up himself to head in that general direction, casually.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:29 am

The Jez sitting on a barstool found herself resting her cheek against the bar for a moment, before snapping back upright. "Oh, gosh... wow, this thing hits harder than I thought it would."

The one in Basil's headspace teetered on her feet before falling face-first onto the paper-covered floor, only to pick herself up again without a word.

Out in the van, Jez's head snapped back up from her chest with a loud snort.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Narrator » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:48 am

When Will stepped out of the club to follow, he could see Dory walking down the street in a relaxed sort of state, a trail of cigarette smoke following her.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:11 am

For the moment, Will stayed in his club-goer form, stumbling a little as he walked, walking only ever-so-slightly faster than Dory.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:04 pm

"Time for us to go," she nods, opening her eyes and getting up.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:28 am

Once the ladies are back in the waking world, Basil stood, zipped up his suit back up to his neck, and moved to open the door casually as if nothing was wrong.

"I hope you ladies had fun, and that I'll see you again."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:30 am

Will would have no issue gaining on her, being that she was so much smaller than he and wasn't walking particularly fast. As he did however, her body went as stiff as a board, reacting to something, before falling face first into the pavement in front of her.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:48 am

Jez was pulled back into the waking world with Sam, and straightened her skirt and such as she stood. She gave Basil, er, Cheshire's collar a little poke with her finger in passing. "Until next time, kitty."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:17 am

Narrator wrote:Will would have no issue gaining on her, being that she was so much smaller than he and wasn't walking particularly fast. As he did however, her body went as stiff as a board, reacting to something, before falling face first into the pavement in front of her.

Will's intent had been to follow far enough behind to see where they were going, but seeing that they had passed out, he quickened his steps, rushing over to check on her.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:31 pm

When Will breached the gap to check on the woman he was tailing, here body was seizing and writhing on the ground. It seemed as if she might be under the effects of a seizure.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:07 pm

Will rushed over, stealth forgotten for the moment. He slid over, clearing any sharp objects a random London sidewalk may have on it, and tried to roll the woman onto her side, trying to keep the airway clear. Basic first aid training kicking in.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:24 pm

Will Stanton wrote:Will rushed over, stealth forgotten for the moment. He slid over, clearing any sharp objects a random London sidewalk may have on it, and tried to roll the woman onto her side, trying to keep the airway clear. Basic first aid training kicking in.

The woman seemed to stop after a 30 second period that would seem like forever. When she did, her head rested on the pavement and she lay there, seemingly oblivious to Will. If her checked her for vitals, Will would find her still alive, and technically awake, but completely unresponsive to outside stimuli.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:26 pm

Meanwhile, 'Cheshire' had made a beeline for Alice, having caught her just after she dropped off some drinks. He grabbed her hand and began to lead her into the staffing area.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:32 pm

Narrator wrote:
The woman seemed to stop after a 30 second period that would seem like forever. When she did, her head rested on the pavement and she lay there, seemingly oblivious to Will. If her checked her for vitals, Will would find her still alive, and technically awake, but completely unresponsive to outside stimuli.

I've got an earring who had some sort of seizure after leaving the club. Not dead, but maybe some sort of coma?
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Alice » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:39 pm

Alice pretty much had her back to Cheshire when he took her by the wrist and hand, almost turning to confront him before she realized that he wasn't some ill-mannered customer trying to get her attention. She followed quickly, having trouble holding her tray and POS from how fast they were going, but didn't say a word until they were safely off of the club floor.

"Cheshire, what's wrong?" She asked, sounding concerned.
Alice

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:54 pm

"We're making our way out. We know they've all been told if they try to leave they'll be 'terminated.'"
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:02 pm

This one is still alive, at the very least.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:12 am

Alice wrote:Alice pretty much had her back to Cheshire when he took her by the wrist and hand, almost turning to confront him before she realized that he wasn't some ill-mannered customer trying to get her attention. She followed quickly, having trouble holding her tray and POS from how fast they were going, but didn't say a word until they were safely off of the club floor.

"Cheshire, what's wrong?" She asked, sounding concerned.

Taking the hint, Cheshire took her by the other hand and spun with her in a circle in a lovey dovey fashion.

"Nothing's wrong... Come on." He replied, bobbing his eyebrows suggestively.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:13 am

Peter noticed the two of them sneaking off, and called out after them- "So are Hattie and Knave the only two reliable ones around here?

Jesus tap-dancing Christ." He muttered under his breath.

Will Stanton wrote:This one is still alive, at the very least.

That did continue to be the case, though whatever was wrong with her, her eyes seemed to be staring at nothing. Trying to follow the angle would only prove she was looking at the ground and not much else.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:15 am

I suggest one of us takes this one back to campus and the medbay, to see what's going on. They need medical help, but if we take them to a hospital, there are a lot of questions and we'll never see them again.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Alice » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:16 am

Alice looked confused for a moment, but just a moment. There was that spark of realization across her face, followed by a little stage smile. "Oh, did some girls get you excited? Should I be jealous? Do you need to be... punished?" She teased before she tugged on his arms in the swinging dance, beckoning him further into the back.
Alice

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:17 am

Aren't we worried about taking them too far away making their head explode or something?
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:13 am

There's a damn good chance that just happened. I have no idea why she would intentionally walk out like that, mind you.

Unless it's a trap and I'm about to be jumped.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:38 am

Alice wrote:Alice looked confused for a moment, but just a moment. There was that spark of realization across her face, followed by a little stage smile. "Oh, did some girls get you excited? Should I be jealous? Do you need to be... punished?" She teased before she tugged on his arms in the swinging dance, beckoning him further into the back.

"Yeeesssss ma'am." He replied, as the pair snuck off to the staff office to talk.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:38 am

Will Stanton wrote:There's a damn good chance that just happened. I have no idea why she would intentionally walk out like that, mind you.

Unless it's a trap and I'm about to be jumped.

So far, no one had even really wandered by, but that wasn't likely to last in the streets of London.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Alice » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:08 am

Basil Benson wrote:"Yeeesssss ma'am." He replied, as the pair snuck off to the staff office to talk.
Alice let out a giggle, really playing it up. They had to look the part after all.
Alice

Postby Narrator » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:46 am

Without incident, the team was capable of spiriting away with the female Will followed.
Narrator
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to London