DT1: Sister, Sister

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

DT1: Sister, Sister

Postby Robert West » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Rob and Ashlie arrived outside of the hotel Madison was staying at. It wasn't a high-end, flashy place, but it wasn't a dump either. It was...unassuming.

According to Madison, the three of them were going to meet on neutral ground in public. The hotel restaurant. A nice public area where no one would be tempted to do anything impulsive.

Rob suspected that Madison was just hungry and wanted a free lunch. She was kind of a cheapskate.

"This really doesn't make any sense," Rob says. "Why would she want to kill our Dad? She's always been close to him."

Of course, that didn't mean much with Madison. Loyalty only went as far as a paycheck. Maybe someone thought it'd be funny to get her to bump off their father.
Robert West
Student

Re: DT1: Sister, Sister

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:28 pm

"She regularly places her principles as a mercenary above her personal feelings. In a way it makes sense to me. Still, then that means someone else wants your father dead." she says. She herself was in a strange mood, if one could call it that. She was cautious about the meeting but also annoyed about the fact that Madison was making them waste precious time by not using her power to bring them here. She'd previously demonstrated the ability to whisk away other people from within campus when she had transported Miranda and Heather. Something just didn't seem right.

"But you're right, usually people are too sentimental to agree to something like that."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:51 pm

As they entered the restaurant, a woman with short, brown hair and blue eyes waved at them. She was dressed in a plain-white tank top and jeans. She had a muscular build and both arms had several tattoos. She was also wearing dog tags.

She was armed and seemingly not concerned with the legality of carrying weapons in a public area in London. She had a knife, a handgun hidden in the jacket draped over her chair, and another one tucked into a holster above her boot.

There was a lot of classified documents about Madison in various Pentagon and DoD servers. She was a popular gal.

"Glad you could make it," Madison says. "Rob. Rosie."

"Take a seat. Let's talk."
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:06 pm

"Ashlie." she says as she sits down. "You're in direct violation of several ordinances and local laws." she adds in the same tone as one might talk about the weather.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:50 pm

"Yeah, I'm pretty awesome," Madison says. "Good to meet ya, Ashlie."

Rob sat down and kept quiet. He was watching his sister carefully.
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:58 pm

"There is only so much leeway I have in ignoring transgressions of the law. I am telling you now because I suspect otherwise you'd be about to say something blatant enough to force my hand."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:04 pm

"Good to know," Madison says. "Pointless, since you couldn't do anything about it, but I like the fact that you're upfront about it. You're a straight shooter, kiddo. I like that."

"What is this all about?" Rob finally says.

Madison smirks. "Rude."
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:10 pm

"Capability doesn't equal permission, Miss West, but that's besides the point. Why did you ask for our assistance?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:19 pm

"Because you lot are the only people I trust not to be under his control. One way or another," Madison says.

"Are you talking about Mom's telepathy?" Rob asks.

"I'm talking about everything," Madison says. "Our da' has his hands in a lot of stews, if ya catch my drift."
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:23 pm

"Could you possibly be less vague? If your father is involved in illegal or morally questionable ventures it would be much easier to agree to tr and bring him in. I was under the assumption that your mother was the more antagonistic and manipulative one."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:53 pm

"She is," Rob says.

Madison snorts. "You think?"

Madison tosses a pack of photos on the table. Each one is of a different young person. They age in range from about fifteen to their early 20's. There's about a dozen of them. Some of them have obvious physical mutations.

"One of the shell companies our father runs. Makes a big fuss about hiring runaway mutants, giving 'em a chance," Madison says. "Only problem is that a few of them go missing every year. No bodies. No fuss. 'Cause, hey, who's gonna miss 'em, right?"
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:57 pm

"Are these all images of mutants that have gone missing?" she asks, picking up the photos and looking through them. She's not expecting to recognize any of them, but it can't hurt to have the images on file.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:04 pm

There's no one recognizable, but all of them are attached to various cold cases.

"Every single one," Madison says. "I didn't believe it at first, but the stories check out."

"You think our father is some sort of serial killer?" Rob asks. He sounds skeptical.

"I really don't care. I was hired to kill him," Madison says. "This is just the background on why my contacts want him dead."
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:08 pm

"This is barely enough evidence for an arrest, much less an execution. Is this all the information you were given?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:51 pm

"I was also given three million, half up front," Madison says. "Made a very convincing argument."

"Unfortunately, I can't get to him with my powers. He has some sort of distortion field. I just end up back where I started if I teleport within twenty-five miles of him," Madison says. "So, you help me. I get rich, you make sure the little brat is alright, and we all get to be big damn mutant heroes. Whaddya say?"

"I think you're a psychopath," Rob says.
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:21 pm

"No." Ashlie simply says.

"Your client is willing to front that kind of money to hire an assassin, so I assume they are not the kind to take no for an answer. I don't particularly care about that, but I imagine it concerns you, which is why you're asking for our help. Instead I will offer you our help in investigating and apprehending both your father and your client."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:30 pm

Madison's face is blank and difficult to read.

"I'll have to give it some thought," Madison says carefully. "'Cause I get the feeling that I'll be on that list of people for you to apprehend shortly after we round up everyone else."
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:41 pm

"That depends on how this venture goes. I might be willing to purchase your services instead."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:15 am

"Yeah?" Madison asks. "So, what's your plan then?"
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:21 am

"We'll investigate his company, get to the bottom of what is happening and if we find any signs of wrong-doing we will arrest him. In the meantime, I assume you have a way to contact your client that we can use to track them down."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:25 am

"I'm lukewarm to plans where I don't get to shoot something," Madison says.

"The alternative is we could wash our hands of your nonsense," Rob says. "A phone call to Heather isn't worth murder. I can always figure out another way of contacting her. And now that we know what's going on with the shell company, we can investigate that ourselves. You're superfluous."
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:34 am

"Essentially. Do what you want, but if you chose to go your own way I might be forced to inform Mr. West about your plans."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:39 am

"You don't want to make an enemy out of me," Madison threatens. This was not going the way she envisioned apparently.
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:00 am

"I suspect you are severely underestimating me but you're right, I don't. Which is why I'm suggesting an alternative to a course that will all but guarantee a conflict between us."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:14 am

"Madison," Rob says. "I know that you've built up this reputation of some sort of super badass mercenary, but I know you. I know how you feel about Dad."

"You wouldn't even be talking to us if you didn't want an alternative."

Madison glared at Rob. Isn't it just the worst when people know you like that?

"...I'll work my end. You work yours," Madison says. "I'll contact you in a week."
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:22 am

"I'm glad we could come to an agreement." Ashlie smiles politely.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:28 am

"I'm still going to kidnap Rob, y'know," Madison says. "Not today, but you know. Eventually."
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:31 am

"We'll just have to see about that." she smirks.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:38 am

"Looking forward to it, Sparkplug," Madison says. "You look like you're doing well, Rob. Enjoy it. It probably won't last."

"Thanks, Mad," Rob says. "Don't get shot."

Madison laughs and disappears.

Apparently she wasn't actually that hungry.

"...And that's Madison," Rob says.
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:47 am

"Charming. Stopping her is going to prove difficult. I'm surprised she agreed to get us into contact with Heather. It's a relief that your family seems to be too much at odds with each other to truly combine their forces."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:49 am

"It's the benefit of everyone being evil. All the treachery sort of just cancels itself out," Rob says.
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:54 am

"It's what makes your mother the most dangerous one, as far as I can tell, despite the fact that to me she might as well be a regular human. Is there a reason why she doesn't have her hooks sunk into Madison?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:00 am

"Madison's extremely resistant to telepathy," Rob says. "Combination of military training and her powers. Her brain isn't like a normal persons; she perceives things as a higher dimensional function."
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:02 am

"Good, that means the situation won't change."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:08 am

"Still, we probably should plan for some sort of inept, fumbling betrayal," Rob says. "It's sort of guaranteed."
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:21 am

"Planning contingencies for dealing with your various family members is getting increasingly complex."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:23 am

"We should just drop an asteroid on the lot of 'em," Rob says. "That'd be simple."
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:27 am

"Killing them would be much simpler. Unfortunately that's not an option. At least a confrontation with Madison promises to be more straight-forward."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:32 am

"As far as a confrontation with a black ops space manipulator can be," Rob says.
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:38 am

"That says more about your mother's and younger sister's powers, really. Still, I have some promising ideas. In the meantime we should try to find out more about your father's shell company." she says, trying to see what a cursory internet sweep brings up.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to London