"It's A Magical Place. "

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Re: "It's A Magical Place. "

Postby Chase Delacroix » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:01 pm

Chase noticed the lingering look and his blood ran cold. He prayed he was being paranoid as he subtly studied her and her companions.

"And or beautiful, in which case there's no missing him," he smirked.
Chase Delacroix
Student

High Concept: Green Arrow Wannabe
Aspect: Kung-Fu Fighter
Aspect: Ex-Assassin
Aspect: Recovering Amnesiac
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Weikun Liang » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:52 pm

"Very selective about the company you keep. Should I be flattered you're even talking to me?" she asks coyly. "Or does that pleasure belong to your companion?" she asks with a sideway glance at Chase.
Weikun Liang

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:03 pm

"Ah, no." Basil chuckled, shifting in his seat a bit. " My friend prefers different forms of sport than the sensual, that's all. Beauty doesn't effect him."

Even stunted, Basil had found an eloquent way to put the concept of 'my friend is emotionally crippled by the lose of his parents and horrible amnesia'. But not for Chase's benefit. It occurred to him if he acted like an asshole to Chase, this girl might just wander off for seemingly kinder game. He stood to allow the woman her choice of chairs.

"Have a seat."
Basil Benson
Student

High Concept: Unwitting Heir to a Secret Legacy
Aspect: More Money Than Sense
Aspect: Ward of Unwanted Protectors
Aspect: Inconsistently Invisible
Aspect: Weirdness Magnet
Aspect: Covert Pervert

Postby Chase Delacroix » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:17 pm

"That's not to say I can't appreciate it when I encounter it," he said.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Weikun Liang » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:41 pm

"Then maybe you'd care to buy the lady a drink?" she says, brushing her hand across Chase's back as she passes by him to take a seat at the bar with them. She moves with a certain grace that for some reason nags at Chase in the back of his head. All her movements seem to have a calculated purpose to it, though surely that purpose was to be flirtatious and not to secretly check Chase for any concealed weapons. Must just be his training/brainwashing trying to read the worst into things again.
Weikun Liang

Postby Chase Delacroix » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:51 pm

<"And what would the lady have?"> he asked in Mandarin, hoping to better gauge her accent or just impress if he was being paranoid.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:57 pm

Basil tilted his head in curiosity, unaware his friend could speak anything but English. He let Chase operate for the moment, plenty of fish in the sea. And this was the first time he'd noticed Chase interested in a person before.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Weikun Liang » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:15 pm

"<I think I'll have a Castaway>" she replies with some form of Mandarin or another that the narrator can't be arsed to research since it's not super important.

Meanwhile Basil, not being as distracted as Chase might notice that somebody else is watching them from the balustrade on the second floor that looks down into the main bar area. Chinese as well the man seems to have his eyes on Chase and his new friend rather than Basil, who is still drawing most of the attention from the guests.
Weikun Liang

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:35 pm

Basil tried to act like he wasn't paying any attention, careful not to tilt his head any so no one noticed he was eyeballing those around them while Chase chatted the woman up in an unfamiliar language.

Basil had already supplied Chase with a bit of spending cash in case he needed it, so their new friends were more of a concern to him then how Chase was going to pay for drinks.

The person above them specifically was of interest to him, only because Chase wasn't that interesting.... Was the woman someone important?
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Chase Delacroix » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:02 am

He ordered one Castaway from a roaming server.

"So what brings you to London?" he asked, hoping Basil didn't notice the cold tone creeping into his voice.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Weikun Liang » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:24 pm

"Oh, just business. Your Mandarin is extremely good. Have you spend time in China?"

The man upstairs seems content to just stay where he is for now, his eyes regularly glancing around the room in a very practiced manner, checking to see if he's being watched and apparently coming to the conclusion that he isn't. It's hard to tell if he's keeping an eye on Weikun or Chase, but it's certainly possible he's a bodyguard. Looking around the club it seems that he wouldn't be the only one either, although the ones Basil can spot are of the more stereotypical big-guy-in-a-suit-with-an-earpiece variety. Could be a cultural thing though. It generally seems that there's more outside security than might be usual, which probably corresponds to the amount of people in the club who seem important but not directly famous and even for London the nationalities seem to be a very thorough mix. Probably diplomats or their attaches who are in town for the summit.
Weikun Liang

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:38 pm

To outsiders, his lack of movement and his abrupt taciturn behavior woud probably suggest Basil was content to remain silent, enjoy the atmosphere, and let his mate see if he could seal the deal with an attractive young woman.

In reality, Basil was keeping his eye on the man upstairs, him being the one that concerned him the most. Partially, because he stood out the most from the rest of them and partially because he was the only one that showed even a passive interest in what his friend was doing.

He'd seen these things go down bad before. One false move, and someone daddy hired was breaking a boy's arm. He certainly didn't want that happening to his friend.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Chase Delacroix » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 pm

"I used to live in Hong Kong," he answered, beginning to pay attention to their audience on the second floor. He subtly checked for other suspicious watchers; the ones watching him.

Please be wrong. Please be wrong. Please be wrong.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Weikun Liang » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:22 am

Unlike his new lady-friend, the man upstairs does look familiar to him. Not intimately but it feels like Chase has seen him before...

"Let me guess. Parents are diplomats? Or stock traders? Good on them for having you learn the language." she smiles friendly. If she's with the man upstairs then she's doing an incredibly good job faking ignorance towards Chase.
Weikun Liang

Postby Chase Delacroix » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:31 am

"As they say, <Enough games. If you're here for me, I only ask you leave my friend out of it,>" he said, pretending to flirt for Basil's benefit.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Weikun Liang » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:42 am

"Of course I'm here for you, why else would I have approached you? Is this some sort of rivalry or competition between you two?" she says with the perfect expression of bewilderment and slight indisposition towards silly male posturing.
Weikun Liang

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:50 am

"Pfft, please." Basil replied, somewhat distracted from their Asian friend upstairs by this woman's very believable deception, probably because he had no idea what they were in the middle of.

" I'm not interested in women not interested in me so there's no reason to have a contest I'd win when the prize is pants." Basil replied, sounding a bit insulted.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Weikun Liang » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:00 am

"<And it seems like I made the right choice too.>" she says with a polite smile that's somehow insulting when coupled with a language Basil doesn't understand before turning back towards Chase, her smile turning more flirtatious again.
Weikun Liang

Postby Chase Delacroix » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:09 am

He gave Basil an apologetic look.

"So... where are you from? Your accent tells me the... Xuánhé region?" he asked, prodding since she wouldn't give up the pretense.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:11 am

Basil 'harrumphed' as he was prone to do during indignant points in his life, and decided instead of interrupting again to go back to his drink and check and see if their upstairs friend was back to watching them or if he'd found more interesting game now that it seemed the woman was contented to stay.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Weikun Liang » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:23 am

"Xuánhé? What's that? Some backwater province? I'm from Beijing. Are you mistaking me for someone?" she adds, tilting her head at him slightly.

The man upstairs seems to have moved since Chase noticed him. If in reaction to that or for other reasons isn't clear. Glancing around Basil can spot him at the table the woman had been at before, talking to the foreign dignitaries there.
Weikun Liang

Postby Chase Delacroix » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:35 am

"Possibly," he chuckled.

Chase asked himself if she really was just what she appeared to be. However, the man was definitely not.

"This... might sound strange... but do you know the man who's talking to your important looking friends over there? He's been watching you since you walked over."
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:37 am

"Hmmm." Basil replied in thought to himself. He'd have been more concerned if the man had just disappeared, but being able to find him again made it less concerning to him. But apparently he wasn't the only one who'd noticed him, which then made him concerned again.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Weikun Liang » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:43 am

There's a hint of realization in her eyes for just a split second as to why Chase is suspicious of here.

"Hmm? No, I don't think so. Probably one of the delegates here for the summit though." she says without really looking at the man.
Weikun Liang

Postby Chase Delacroix » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:53 am

"He's not. Someone here is in terrible danger."
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:54 am

Now Chase had Basil's attention.

"Should I alert security?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Chase Delacroix » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:33 pm

"No. Rent-a-cops will just get themselves killed too."

He looked to the girl. "Alerting the bodyguards would be the better move. Who in your group might be a target?"

He now suspected it might be her. It had been stupid to think they were after him. They couldn't have known he would be here. He and Basil were simply unexpected wildcards.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Weikun Liang » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:07 pm

"A target? What are you talking about?" she asks, looking over to the group of dignitaries and the second Chase's eyes follow her glance she suddenly moves, using her elbow to slam the side of Chase's head into the bar-counter as she slides of her stool into half a pirouette that ends with her dress tearing up along the side as her leg comes up, it's back sweeping at Basil's chest and knocking him off his stool.

"离去!" she barks across the room at the other Black Lotus assassin.
Weikun Liang

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:17 pm

"What the fu-!" Basil could take a punch and throw one, but being trained in formal sport boxing wasn't the same as a street fight, so when the woman blinded him with her skirt it was about as effective as she'd have expected and Basil toppled ass over tea-kettle in his seat. However, he also grabbed at what was blinding him in desparation, hoping it was still attached and she'd come down with it.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Chase Delacroix » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:25 pm

Chase fought disorientation for a moment before grabbing his tiki glass and launching it at Weikun's head as he gracefully slid off of his own stool and moved to strike her when she dodged it.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Weikun Liang » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:46 pm

Nothing's blinding Basil, the woman's dress just tore as she performed a kick way too high for her clothes to accommodate. From the floor he can see her first weave out of the way of a thrown glass and dodge right into Chase's punch. She stumbles back a couple steps and takes up a martial art stance. Other guests around them are moving out of the way while in the back the other assassin seems to be making a break for the door.

"How fortuitous. Who thought we would just stumble onto the traitor in the middle of this. This should earn me some favours." she grins at Chase.
Weikun Liang

Postby Chase Delacroix » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:21 pm

"Traitor implies I chose you with more than lies to go on," he answered as he took an identical stance.

"Get someplace safe Basil."
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:42 pm

A little dazed as he laid there for a moment, he heard Chase's request and did as he was told, scurrying under a nearby table that had been evacuated due to the ruckus.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Weikun Liang » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:10 pm

"Traitor implies you abandoned your mission and disappeared!" she says, coming at Chase with a series of blows aimed at his shoulders and chests.
Weikun Liang

Postby Chase Delacroix » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:35 pm

Chase put his superhuman agility to work as he deflected and avoided her strikes, letting one graze him so he could attempt to unbalance her and strike back.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Weikun Liang » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:29 pm

She takes the hit and stumbles into the bar, catching herself on the counter. Reaching for one of the bottles of alcohol on the other side she whirls back around, aiming to strike the bottle at Chase's face. Or his arm should he try to block it.
Weikun Liang

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:40 pm

Basil meanwhile had tilted the table on it's side to make it appear as if he was cowering behind it. In the interim time that they were shuffling, Basil had stripped himself of his fancy duds (shoes included) and was inching closer to the altercation, waiting for an opening.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Chase Delacroix » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:00 am

The bottle shattered on his blocking arm; thick glass shredding the sleeve, lightly cutting him, and probably fracturing something. He would avoid successive strikes from the resulting sharp object and eventually attempt to catch her arm and slam it into the bar until she let go.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Weikun Liang » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:32 pm

Chase succeeds, but in holding her arm and slamming it on the counter he leaves himself pretty open. Weikun grits her teeth through her hand being slammed into the counter and kicks Chase square in thechest, sending him sprawling onto the ground. Jumping after him she aims to slam her non-injured hand down on the ground where Chase's head is.
Weikun Liang

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:25 pm

Basil seizes the first opening available to him. As Weikun moves away from the bar, Basil follows quickly, though with the acrobatics, hitting her while she's mobile is practically impossible.

In the split second she is readying herself to strike Chase, Basil does the same, reeling back his southpaw fist and aiming his swing at the back of Weikun's head, hoping to connect and knock her unconscious. Or at the very least, daze her a bit for Chase.
Basil Benson
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to London