The Triple Temptation

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

The Triple Temptation

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:45 pm

A little over an hour after receiving the text message, Miriam steps out of the train and onto the platform, looking around for the three blonde women she's supposed to meet here.
Miriam Bell
Student

High Concept: Sorrowful Telepath
Aspect: Powerful Enemies
Aspect: Structural Shadow

Re: The Triple Temptation

Postby Trinity » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:49 pm

Only one of the blondes is relatively visible, but Miriam can sense that the others aren't far away. "Mnemosyne, we've missed you," the singular Trinity says, approaching to give her a friendly hug.
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:55 pm

"I missed you too." she says, if a little less enthusiastically. "Busy staying out of peoples' way?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:57 pm

"To a certain extent. Also trying to find some work, but I'm on holiday now for a bit before jetting off somewhere else," she said, leading the way off the platform. "But I couldn't stop over in London without seeing you again."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:05 pm

"I'm flattered. But I can't help but wonder what kind of work you're talking about, yeah?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:46 pm

"Nothing to do with anyone at the school," she said, as though that should be sufficient explanation. Another of the triplets was waiting by a car. Her hair was dyed red. Behind the wheel was the third triplet, her hair a light brown. "I've been staying with a friend in Lambeth. You would not believe how hard it is to find a room in London right now."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:27 pm

"I can imagine." she says, being fairly curt. After she gets in the car she turns to one of the Trinitys. "Look, can we talk about the elephant in the room? Because you almost screwed me over hard for reasons I'm not entirely sure about. Not exactly looking forward to ending up in the same spot as Thereza."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:33 pm

"How precisely did I 'screw you over'?" The red head was in the front seat and the blond in the back seat with her seemed to be the one doing all the talking. "I kept you out of the loop, yes, but for your own protection. Had I told you precisely what we were up to, you would have either had to tell the school or you wouldn't have had plausible deniability if shit went down."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:51 pm

"I tried to defend you. When you kidnapped somebody. I thought maybe estranged family wanted to get in touch with her but that wasn't quite what went on now, was it?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:02 pm

The entire mood in the car darkened. "We were returning her to her sister. Had the X-Men not stepped in, I would have had the resources to help a ton more mutants and I would still have my team. That whole fiasco cost me dearly. If you just came to London to give me shit for it, you can just wait for the next train back, because frankly I've taken enough shit moving around Europe and I'm not going to take it from someone I thought was my friend." She reached across Miriam and opened Miriam's door.
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:37 pm

"I didn't come here to give you shit, I came here to figure out if I can trust you. Because what happened there was pretty messed up and how am I supposed to know if you won't sell me to the wolves? The way I heard it was that Thereza used to be your friend too. I'd gladly help you support mutants but not with that hanging over my head."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:40 pm

"Do you have a sister who wants you back and is willing to trade access information to Russian 'schools' to get you back?"
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:42 pm

"What are you talking about?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:56 pm

"You're looking for assurances that I won't do the same with you that I did with Tereza. I *could* just tell you 'no, of course not', but you wouldn't believe me. So I'm seeking to confirm that your situation is so entirely not the same thing as hers."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:05 pm

"That's not the point... You two were close and I want to know what happened that made you betray her like that."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:17 pm

The blond stared at her and she could sense the level of communication going on between the triplets. Finally, the red head said, "She broke our heart into so many little pieces and she was a raging bitch while she did it. You open up to someone, grow close to them, then they dump you like last week's garbage with a side of 'I can do better'." The brunette started wiping her eyes a bit while the blond seemed to be just shy of grinding her teeth at the memory. "There, are you happy now?" The redhead said with a flat tone.
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:59 pm

Miriam just kind of looks at her for a long time. She wants to believe Trinity but this could just be more manipulation.

"So it was a little bit of revenge?" she finally asks, sounding a little bit sympathetic.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:06 pm

"If you want to call it that, sure," the redhead said without looking back at her. The sense she got from Trinity was that she at least believed what she was telling Miriam.
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:12 pm

"Look I don't know everything that went on there. All I know is that this seemed... I dunno. Harsh?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:24 pm

"Well, you don't know all the details of what was going on." She shrugged, "Not that it makes a whole lot of difference now. The outcome was what it was."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:28 pm

"Personal stuff. I get it. Maybe it was over the line, but I can't say I haven't had moments where something like that seemed like the best option..."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:34 pm

"I do what I do because I think it will help. That even includes what I did then. I make hard calls and do hard things because other people are all too willing to have their hands tied by all sorts of things. If you can deal with that, then that's great. If you can't, then we'll buy your train trip back, wish you well, and you won't see us again."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:49 pm

"I can't promise I'll agree with you on every single thing. If you can accept that and include me in your considerations then I'd gladly help you."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:13 pm

"Like minded doesn't imply perfect agreement and I wouldn't expect it of you."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:16 am

"Glad to hear it." she smiles. "I didn't see enough of your group, so I don't know how you run things. I'd just prefer to work with you instead of under you. For the most part..."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:23 am

"Well, you're looking at the group for the moment. Ursus got picked up by SHIELD. I don't know where they sent Blaze and Flare. And Bitshift disappeared that night and I haven't been able to find him since, other than that he wasn't arrested."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:32 am

"Flare and Blaze were in the holding cells on campus at one point. They probably shipped them off to Muir?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:45 am

"Possibly. But I didn't get you to come to London to talk about my recruiting difficulties. I promised you shopping."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:07 am

"Shall we then?" she smiles.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:48 pm

After a bit of shopping and a nice dinner, Trinity took them all to a flat in Lambeth. It was obviously low rent, but not trashy. Trinity let them into the flat. There was a woman inside watching a movie on TV. She had dark hair except for a blond shock in the front and her arms were covered in tattoos. She didn't seem to acknowledge their presence, continuing with her TV watching. "Brand was good enough to let me use a second bedroom her flat has if I arranged it so she wasn't aware I was here. Safer for both of us that way."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:54 pm

"Wow, you really were hurting for a place to stay, huh?" she says, glancing at the woman. A cursory brush over the woman's mind tells Miriam that she at least feels happy or at least content with her situation. In Miriam's eyes that is a step up over a lot of people.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:16 pm

The woman does indeed feel content. "Most of the hotels would probably report me given the sheer number of 'lists' that someone at the school got me put on and that's if I could even get a room with all the dignitaries in town. I wouldn't be surprised if Bitshift flipped on me and turned over our old safehouse lists, given the surveillance on those. The little shit." She quickly covers up the venom in that last statement. "Anyways, it's a quiet place and she keeps it clean," she said, leading the way back to the small second bedroom.
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:25 pm

"And she literally doesn't mind, so..." she says with a somewhat bewildered chuckle. The idea of just making somebody be okay or even pleased with something hadn't really occurred to her, but it made some amount of sense. Kind of like the logical extension of figuring out how to make somebody be okay with mutants. No harm done, right?
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:29 pm

"Well, I wouldn't have done it if she hadn't asked for it," Trinity said, the blond flopping down on the bed while the others put some things away. "I do miss my isolation field though."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm

"That was very nice, yeah." she nods, leaning against the door frame while Trinity is putting things away. "Like a cozy little cabin in the wild."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:38 pm

"Now there's an idea," she said. "Maybe go somewhere away from everyone." She smiled at Miriam, "Well, almost everyone."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:55 pm

"Sounds delightful."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:00 pm

"Maybe the next time I pass through we can arrange something. I'm only here tonight and maybe tomorrow night and then I need to be elsewhere."
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:00 am

"Well, I thought I'd seen the last of you, so I say we enjoy what time we have..."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Trinity » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:32 am

"Our thoughts exactly," the redhead said, closing the door.
Trinity

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to London