London Calling

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

London Calling

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sun May 01, 2016 4:29 am

A small white spot in the sky glides through the air and across the skyline of London. As the dot comes closer it turns into Nailah in her white skirt-uniform. The wind is whipping at her hair, tail trailing behind her as she goes into a dive, turning sideways as she falls past the side of a skyscraper, lit windows blurring past her. Her wings tremble a little as they turn into the wind to break her descent, feathers rustling as her feet make contact with a concrete rooftop, claws looking for purchase as she runs out her momentum and finally coming to a sliding stop, big grin on her face as she looks out over the city as she tries to figure out where she wants to patrol tonight.
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Re: London Calling

Postby Narrator » Sun May 01, 2016 6:56 pm

The usual sounds of the city at night rise to meet her. No sounds or other signs of innocents in distress join them, but the night is still young. Then she hears a burglar alarm further down the street below.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sun May 01, 2016 7:35 pm

Nailah's not sure if it's sheer coincidence, her power at work or just a big city being naturally full of crime, but she doesn't question her ability to be in the right place at the right time. She takes a running start and jumps off the edge of the roof, wings snapping open to catch her fall as she flies towards the source of the alarm.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Sun May 01, 2016 7:57 pm

A clothing store has had its storefront window shattered and blown in. The mannequins just inside were shredded, looking like a giant shotgun full of glass had been used to strike them down. The inventory nearest the window has been likewise decimated. Deeper inside, someone is whistling an energetic tune.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sun May 01, 2016 9:59 pm

"Well someone is looking to have a bad night." she grins to herself and angles herself to dive through the shattered window. Halfway into her dive she taps her power to guide her movements to take her on the path to a take-down landing of whoever is inside the store. She whips past the empty frame of the store-window when her power produces nothing but a grey wall of indecision in her mind, paralyzing her. It only lasts a second or two but by then she's flown deep into the store, crashlanding into a display of mannequins and unceremoniously rolling to the floor in a heap.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Mon May 02, 2016 12:22 am

"Bah! No fair being early! I just got here!" a male voice complained, before the connected figure bursts from the nearby racks without her powers giving any warning. From her perspective, only his still-tagged sneakers and white pants were visible. "...or was I always here..." he muttered, then laughed and said sing-song "I found it hard, it was hard to find. Oh well, whatever, nevermind."

The young blonde man in an orange jacket, possibly in his early twenties but with one of those hard to age faces, leaned down into view. "Oh! It's you!" he grinned, "A bit young this time aren't we?"
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon May 02, 2016 12:35 am

Nailah scrambles to her feet the moment she notices the shoes step into view, scooting backwards a little.

"The fudge are you talking about?" she asks the not even remotely familiar figure. "Put your hands behind your head, I'm taking you in for breaking and entering." she musters some of her lost bravado. The heck is going on with my power?
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Mon May 02, 2016 12:55 am

He places his hands behind his head in a sarcastically exaggerated motion as he rights himself, still grinning.

"Please officer, I just needed someplace to keep warm!" he mock-pleaded.
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon May 02, 2016 12:58 am

"Yeah right. How dumb do you think I am?" she says, eyeing him suspiciously as she pulls zip-ties from her belt, slowly circling around him to grab his hands and tie them together.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Mon May 02, 2016 1:11 am

"Well you did choose that outfit," he smirked before suddenly, and without precognitive foresight, dancing out of reach.

"Surprise!" he cackled as he faced her, doing jazz hands. Glowing jazz hands. Glowing jazz hands emitting concentric circles with rapidly increasing frequency.

"...I'd take cover..."
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon May 02, 2016 1:36 am

I want to incapacitate that guy... Mental fog.

I want to stop him from whatever he's doing. Mental fog and the beginnings of a headache.

I want to get out of the way! Stabbing headache that makes stars dance in front of her eyes for a second as she runs, trying to jump-slide across a display to take cover behind it.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Mon May 02, 2016 1:59 am

"Take this!" he said, casting his hands in her direction. The glow died.

"DAMNIT!" he growled angrily, "ALREADY?!"

"Oh well!" he laughed, pulling a knife, "I can still make my... point. Get it!"
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon May 02, 2016 2:27 am

"Yeah. Hilarious. What the heck is wrong with you?" Nailah asks, carefully getting back up when whatever attack might have been coming fails to do so. She grabs a pair of jeans from a nearby rack to have something to hopefully trap his arms (and the knife) with, though she doesn't hold herself nearly as confidently as usual as she carefully advances towards Hazard.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Mon May 02, 2016 2:54 pm

"Everything," he said in a deep, menacing voice, drawing the word out.

He doesn't actually go for her, instead he keeps his distance while playfully slashing in her direction.
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon May 02, 2016 3:23 pm

"Yeah, I can see that." she says as she lunges forward, aiming to hit his knife-wielding hand with the pair of jeans and twist them around his arm.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Mon May 02, 2016 4:17 pm

She caught his arm and he writhed and howled with annoyed rage as she twisted and forced the knife from his grip. Then he calmed into confidence fast enough to cause whiplash.

"Time's up," he grinned, hands glowing red hot this time. The jeans caught on fire.
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon May 02, 2016 4:29 pm

"Whoa, what the hey!" she shouts in surprise, letting go of the burning piece of clothes before staring daggers at Hazard.

"What the fudge is the problem with you pyrokinetics? Every single one of you has some serious issues!" she yells before rushing forward to try and throw a good old-fashioned punch at his jaw.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Mon May 02, 2016 7:15 pm

"Pyro schmyro," he laughed as he ducked and weaved, "I am so much more my dear Sphinx."

He threw a blast of intense heat her way.
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon May 02, 2016 7:24 pm

Nailah, having gotten at least somewhat used to relying on her power to fight, is much to slow to get out of the way when 'I want to avoid his attacks.' once again leads to nothing at all. The burst of flame hits her square in the chest and knocks her backwards, smoke curling off of her scorched costume. She stumbles backwards, stunned by her power failing her yet again.

"Who are you!?" she manages between gasping for air, one fist held in front of her chest as she tries to recover from the blast.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Mon May 02, 2016 8:13 pm

"I am the all and the nothing. I am the emissary of those who dwell in the black infinity between the spokes. But you can just call me Hazard for now," he answered.

"As short a time as it may be," he said as he raised a burning hand.

He then tilted his head as if listening to someone, "What? Don't kill this one yet?"

"But why?"

"Oh that does sound fun," he giggled.

"You lucked out kitty, it looks like I have bigger plans," he said, adjusting his aim to sweep fire through the store.
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon May 02, 2016 8:19 pm

Nailah jumps back as a swath of fire separates her from Hazard.

"You're insane!" she shouts over the flames as she frantically looks for a fire extinguisher, then, realizing this is already blazing beyond control, makes a stumbling break for a fire alarm.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Mon May 02, 2016 8:46 pm

"Or am I the only sane one? Eh, ta-may-toe ta-mah-to. Ta ta!" he said, waving as he vanished behind the fire.

She reached the fire alarm without further interference at about the same moment the sprinklers came on.
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon May 02, 2016 10:10 pm

Coughing and wincing Nailah stumbles out the front, through the shattered window. It takes her a little longer than usual to manage to built up some speed and take to the air, banking slightly everytime she coughs as she tries to gain enough height to maybe see where Hazard went. He had to leave the building somewhere.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue May 03, 2016 12:07 am

Sirens can be heard in the distance as Nailah searches the area for clues. The clearly disturbed man is, unfortunately, nowhere to be seen, and trying to ask her powers for a tip is only met by another headache. The creep is slippery, that's for sure.
Narrator
Site Admin

Topic attributes:

Return to London