It Is A Mystery...

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Re: It Is A Mystery...

Postby Basil Benson » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:43 pm

The invisible man began tittering.

"You sure about that love?" He replied, giving her an opening to catch herself before he jumped on the obvious opening for a dirty joke.
Basil Benson
Student

High Concept: Unwitting Heir to a Secret Legacy
Aspect: More Money Than Sense
Aspect: Ward of Unwanted Protectors
Aspect: Inconsistently Invisible
Aspect: Weirdness Magnet
Aspect: Covert Pervert

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:55 am

Colette's visage was still pretty red, so any signs of flushing were indistinguishable.

"Oh yes, I am very certain. But first we must get you home, no?" She had picked up on that, how he had referred to the school as home rather than a prison.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

High Concept: Dreamer Despite the Odds
Aspect: Density Is Not a Formality
Aspect: Everything is Sexier In France
Aspect: Beware the Cute Ones
Aspect: Hair of Goo, Heart of Gold

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:09 am

Basil 's giggling ceased when he realized she was hitting on him. He cleared his throat.

"Yes. Let's.

But we should probably also get you some water at the station to make sure that isn't the alcohol talking." He suggested.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:10 pm

"Somezing I am certain we boz need, Basil. Zough I should be careful, if I drink much more I may split my dress." Colette's tone didn't sound as though she were making a joke.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:17 pm

"Nope!" Basil exclaimed in the far too excited fashion he was apt to when he was 100% certain about something no matter how dark it may have been.

"The being entirely invisible thing has scared me sober." He laughed awkwardly. He still hadn't come back yet.

" Put my coat on." Basil replied to her observation about her dress, shuffling about in her arms but having at least a hand on her at all times.

Once he was no longer touching it, his trench became visible again.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:41 pm

Colette was a little hesitant before she took the offered coat, as putting it on meant she had to let go of Basil. But she trusted him not to slip into the ether in that short amount of time.

"We will have to experiment wiz your newfound ability sometime in ze future. Perhaps by sneaking into ze cinema, no?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:23 pm

"I can afford the cinema, why would I sneak in?" He asked.

Apparently the thrill of breaking the law was lost on Basil.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 am

"Because it is naughty? What else could two persons do when ozers cannot see zem?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:43 am

"I can think of all kinds of things." Basil replied. "All the ones that are coming to mind are just as naughty and one of them does involve the cinema." Basil stated as they finally made it back to the station. He noticed a vending machine.

"Well? Should I? Or are you too bootilicious for anything else?" He joked, pulling her arm in the direction he was looking to indicate what he saw.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:26 am

Colette let out a little snort that devolved into a laugh. "You are so bad, Basil! Oh, I am certain zat tomorrow morning I will be utterly ashamed of how awful I have been zis evening."

The woman looked toward the vending machine, her attitude becoming a little more bashful. "Oh, I don't know. I - I was not just being silly before Basil. I do carry quite a bit of water weight." Indeed, ever since they began drinking at the speakeasy Colette had maintained her more "dense" texture, though still a bit translucent. She'd been compressing herself so as not to draw attention to herself. "I do not wish to to see me in an... unflattering shape."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:35 am

"Don't worry. I am neither going to let you or force you into doing anything regretful or embarrassing to you. I live by the rule that unconscious people don't want tea." Basil assured her, turning them back towards the landing and walking with her to swipe his card again for more tickets. As he had, the next train just pulled in.

"Oh fuck! Run! I don't want to be stuck here any longer!" He encouraged, pulling at her to go.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:42 am

Colette wrinkled her brow. "But, I enjoy tea." She murmured, not understanding Basil's meaning. She didn't have long to puzzle it out however as the voice with tugged at her arm commanded her to hurry. The clacking of her heels echoed over the platform, quiet by London standards.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:46 am

Basil whirled about to lead her into the car, but as they got across the gap, the door closed on his leg and tripped him up.

"Oh f-!" He fell as the door re-opened, recognizing by the pressure something was caught in it, and Basil pulled his leg in quickly in response, but now neither of them were touching each other.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:03 am

Colette stumbled as she was pushed across the car and lost contact with Basil, the girl standing still once she steadied herself. She was silent, not sure if she should call out, lest she draw even more attention from the other passengers. And it wasn't like Basil couldn't see her, she just couldn't see him. He was still there, somewhere... right?
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:12 am

Basil laid still on the ground, not moving. He was deep in one of his bouts of thought about how shitty his life was and wallowing in the general mopeiness that went along with it. The silence and apparent lack of him might have been disconcerting to Colette at first, but just as the quiet was in third trimester, Basil delivered with-

"Yep, I think I can say this has officially been the most calamity fraught first date I have ever been on. Best of luck to the next boy then. Hopefully the misfortunes of this one doesn't jade you to the concept entirely."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:35 am

Colette looked deeply confused, and then opened her mouth for a moment before quieting herself. The girl quickly reached into her purse and rummaged before she produced a modest and perhaps slightly obsolete touch screen mobile from it's depths. She raised it to her ear and began speaking without dialing.

"Basil, I know zat I have not seen you for a little while but do not zink zat our little mishaps have spoiled our evening togezer. Perhaps zings could have gone better, but I am honestly surprised zey went as well as zey did, considering how ozers react to me. And for ze first time since I have left home, I have experienced a taste of what it must be like to live a normal life. You made me feel beautiful and special. And I wish to hold onto zis feeling for a long time yet.

"I may have been your worst first date, but you were my first and only, and I do not zink anyone else could or would do better."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:54 am

"What?! No!" Basil replied a little too loudly. While there were still commuters on the train with them, they were only a sparse few, but too much sound from the invisible man might freak them out. Even now, one started to react to his shout a bit confused about who made it.

Basil scrambled upright as quickly as he could and sat down, then pulled at Colette's sleeve to encourage her to do the same. Basil sat himself at the edge of the bench and against the armrest, pulling Colette as close as he could. In this position she looked a bit weird since she was leaning into something not there, but no one would try to sit in the spot next to her and inadvertently sit in his lap. His arm rested upon what would be her clavicle (if she had one) and his hand on her shoulder, her back snug against his chest. He started whispering into her ear to avoid a problem with the other passengers.

"You're not even close to the worst one. But... I mean...

My stuff got lifted, I scared you trying to get it back and you got harassed. Then I didn't get to take you somewhere nice and you got harassed a second time. Everything went swimmingly after that until... whatever the hell is going on with me now started and I scared you a second time.

Then I almost got us eaten by the train in my haste to get back to a place to hide from this... horrid curse".

The only thing he could possibly be referring to was the invisibility.

"I just figured that cake topper would make you not want to do this again."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:43 am

Colette's method of sitting down would have looked comical to any onlooker as she was pulled into position, but the apathy of the average Londoner on a late-night train was to the couple's advantage this evening. Certainly if anyone had noticed, they weren't saying anything. She kept the phone to her other ear as she listened to Basil.

"Oh Basil, wizout you I would have been too nervous to get on a train in ze first place. And you cannot blame yourself for ze actions of ozers, or how zey react to ze sight of me. Not everyone is as... accepting or kind-hearted as you are. Even if zings did not go as planned, you managed to give me a wonderful and entertaining evening despite myself.

"Do not let zis recent milestone set you back Basil. I have seen you more tonight zan I have in all ze time I have known you. Zat alone should be enough to demonstrate to you zat you are so very close to mastering zis... talent of yours."

Colette shifted her weight a bit, sitting more upon Basil's lap and sort of shaping herself over him, so that from outside appearances she was just sitting far forward in her seat. "Zough you are correct, I zink I have had enough of ze city. At least for a little while. I zink I would much prefer to spend an evening laying down in some comfortable pajamas and watching a movie - while cuddling wiz someone special."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:58 am

Basil was very quietly and intently listening to her, until she sat on him. Then he became slightly distracted from serious discussions and incapable of carrying one on anymore.

Still, he kept his voice low and small to keep up the illusion Colette was trying to create.

"Is that tonight? And further, are you going to sit in their lap then too?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:11 am

Colette attempted to keep a straight face but a subtle smile escaped her ruby lips.

"If it would make a boy feel better, absolutely."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:18 am

Basil realized this was going to get exceptionally embarrassing if he didn't start thinking 'unsexy thoughts' post haste.

The imagery he summoned to regain his focus caused him into another, less potentially embarrassing line of thoughts.

"Are you going home for winter break?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:35 am

Colette set out a soft sigh. "I do not zink so. While ze institute has been very generous wiz zeir student aid, I doubt zat zey would grant me ze funds to cover my travel costs. But zis is alright. Many students are unable to be wiz zeir families over ze holidays, so togezer it will not be so lonely, no?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:55 am

"I could help. " Basil offered.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:39 pm

Colette turned her head to look at him out of instinct, though of course she saw nothing but the wall behind her. "No, absolutely not." She insisted. "I will not exploit you like you were some... sugar daddy." She said the word with such disgust yet her accent and pitch made her pronunciation of the strange term almost comedic. "You have given me too much already."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:05 am

Basil considered protesting, and telling her if he felt exploited he wouldn't have offered in the first place. But he didn't, because he was Basil and Basils don't argue.

Instead, they compromise.

"You can come with me to visit my grandparents if you like. They want to see me for Chanukah since I cited school as the excuse to not show up during the fall season holy days."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:26 am

Colette held her gloved hand over her mouth to stifle her laugh.

"Oh Basil, do you really zink zat wise? Can you imagine what zey would zink of a girl like me?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:35 am

"Honestly? Zayde is a pushover and Bubbe wouldn't care if you had knives for hands and constantly stabbed me every time you touched me so long as you were Jewish.

And you aren't. So to them you will be no different than any other gentile girl who's wooed their grandsons eye away. I thought you liked it when people treated you equal to everyone else?"
He joked.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:39 am

Colette smiled softly, hugging herself in Basil's coat.

"Zat does sound razer nice. I just hope zat your grandparents are as accepting as you claim."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:51 am

"They'll have to be even if they don't want to be, or I'll be magically doing extra classes during Passover whether I actually am or not."

"We won't be gone the entire holiday, and Chanukah doesn't overlap with Christmas this year either. We'll be back in plenty of time to do that as well, if you like."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:22 am

"I zink zat I would like zat very much. You will have to get some recipes for me so zat I can make zem somezing."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:25 am

" I'll see what I can do." Basil stated leaving it at that. Now that she seemed a bit better, he added.

"Anyways, I guess I should stop chatting. I'll see you at school Schmoopsy Boop."
Basil joked in keeping up with her subterfuge.

On the B word, she would feel something touch her nose.

-----------
Basil would remain quiet the rest of the train ride home, but would be chattery again once they legt the station.

Basil stayed with Colette right up to her dorm room door, where he was forced to acknowledge the fact his completely invisible self was on his own for the rest of the night.

"So... I suppose this is it..." He remarked, not really certain of what else to say.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:06 pm

Colette's nose pressed inward, taking a moment before it resumed it's original shape.

-----------

During the walk back to campus Colette held onto Basil's hand, giving it a gentle squeeze once they reached the door to her room.

"Well, it does not have to end here." She mused softly. "Zat is, if you do not wish to be alone tonight."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:10 pm

"Well... no, not really. But what about your roommate? You just got a new one and I wouldn't want to impose..."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:23 pm

"Well, it is an opportunity to meet her, no? So long as we do not make any noise she may not mind." Colette produced her keycard from her purse and the electronic lock opened with a soft clack, allowing her to open the door and let the two of them inside.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:35 pm

Colette opened the door to the dorm room to find it empty.

Your pastel princess is in another castle.
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:47 am

"Well, zis is odd." Colette said softly as she looked around the room, turning the light on to confirm that no one else was present. "But Chisaki had mentioned she would be out for most of ze day. She must have decided to spend ze night some place else."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:52 am

"Fortunate for us." Basil replies, his suit jacket becoming visible as it's removed and dropped unceremoniously on the missing roommate's bed.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:38 am

Colette began to remove her gloves and fascinator with relative ease, carefully placing each item aside on her dresser to be put away in the morning.

"Would you like somezing to drink Basil? Some water perhaps? I have heard zat zis helps to prevent a hangover."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:50 am

"Sure, as long as you're having some too." Basil replied. Shoes materialized in the room with a thump, carelessly discarded next to Chisaki's bed.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:08 pm

With her back turned toward Basil, Colette stooped to get a couple of bottles of water out of her mini fridge, showing off how taunt the rear of her dress was in the process. She turned around and held out a bottle in the general direction of where the sound was coming from.

"Oh, I suppose I should make zings a little more comfortable." Her bed only had a fitted sheet over the mattress, a simple utility tub sitting atop of it. "I have some blankets in my dresser, I usually practice on ze weekends."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to London