Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 3:25 pm

This time it's not quite a fancy limousine, although the black taxi is still relatively stylish. As is the dress Miriam is wearing along with a pair of relatively modest high heels. She's put more effort than usual into her make-up to make sure that the smokey eye-shadow looks sultry rather than sunken. One trip into London later the car stops in front of what looks like the renovated exterior of an old opera house, except for the large lit letters KOKO adorning it. The driver pulls the car over a little past the entrance and gets out to open the door for the two of them. There's a good fifty people waiting in line on the sidewalk in front of the club, the distant sound of music audible out front.
Miriam Bell
Student

High Concept: Sorrowful Telepath
Aspect: Powerful Enemies
Aspect: Structural Shadow

Re: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Postby Wanda Johansson » Tue May 23, 2017 3:33 pm

Wanda gets out behind her in a royal blue dress with style obviously designed to minimize her apparent height. She loops one arm in Miriam's, "Looks like we've got a bit of waiting to do."
Wanda Johansson

High Concept: Storm Druid
Aspect: Child of Earth
Aspect: A Butterfly Flaps Her Wings
Aspect: Putting Down Roots
Aspect: Wrapped In The Leash

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 4:21 pm

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." she smirks. "And I don't even think I'll have to do a damn thing." she adds as she leads Wanda past the waiting crowd and towards the doorman. She does reach out with her mind to make sure, but Wanda doesn't need to know that. It doesn't even take that much, the bouncer is already primed to look for groups of women and Wanda stands out despite her choice of dress. It only takes a little bit of nudging to wave away the audacity of walking right past the line to get the man to wave them over and unhook the velvet rope and let them in.

"Ladies, if you will?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Wanda Johansson » Tue May 23, 2017 4:26 pm

Wanda glances at Miriam suspiciously, but not unappreciative, as they head into the club. "Well, that was easy."
Wanda Johansson

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 5:26 pm

"Two young women without any guys and with your stature, we could get into almost any club." she smirks at Wanda as they head inside. The former foyer serves as the bar and several open doors lead to the main dance floor. A couple curving stairs to the side lead up into the private booths on the second and third story.

"Drinks?" Miriam's voice speaks up in Wanda's head as the loud music of the club swallows them up.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Wanda Johansson » Tue May 23, 2017 5:28 pm

"Something fruity," Wanda replies in her own head, "Not ready to get drunk yet."
Wanda Johansson

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Miriam chuckles. "Alright." They make their way over to the bar and find a place to sit as Miriam orders some sort of grape-punch for Wanda and a cranberry-grapefruit cocktail for herself. Swiveling around and leaning against the bar a little she sips her drink and seems to just drink in the atmosphere for a moment.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Wanda Johansson » Tue May 23, 2017 5:49 pm

"It's a beautiful place," Wanda thinks to her.

"Isn't it though?" Another familiar voice in her head, most recently heard at an asylum.
Wanda Johansson

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Miriam's smile freezes a little bit. For a moment her heart skips a beat, but unlike at the asylum she doesn't feel quite as boxed in and threatened by where she is. And she almost wants Trinity to be here, if only so she knows she's not imagining things. She resists the urge to spin her head around and instead just tries to zero in on the mental presence while she takes a slow sip from her drink.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue May 23, 2017 6:08 pm

She finally zeroes in on the 'sluggish' mental presence of a young woman leaning against a railing and watching her instead of watching the dance floor. The young woman is dressed in fire engine red with black hair and tanned skin. Her entire ensemble seems calculated to equal 'I've got it, so watch me flaunt it.'
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 6:15 pm

"Do I know you?" Miriam sends her way, making a point out of smiling at Wanda and raising her glass to clink it against hers.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue May 23, 2017 6:24 pm

"Not yet. But you could." The young sends back, turning around to pretend to watch the dance floor.

Wanda seems oblivious to this, clinking her glass on Miriam's before going back to sipping as her head bobs to the music.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 6:27 pm

"Then why did your mental presence seem so familiar." she asks. Despite making a point out of showing she's here with Wanda she can't help but be intrigued. Had the woman intentionally mimicked Trinity or had that brief trip to the Asylum really shaken her enough that she was still feeling the effects?
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Wanda Johansson » Tue May 23, 2017 6:33 pm

"A woman must have some secrets. But some secrets can be learned." She straightens and hands her empty glass to a man who dutifully takes it to the bar to have it refilled. "I have a VIP booth if you and your companion decide you want a refuge from the crush," she sends as she begins making her way towards the VIP area, the man following after her like a faithful dog.

"So what now?" Wanda thinks to Miriam as she finishes her drink.
Wanda Johansson

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 6:37 pm

"Well, apparently we were just invited to one of the VIP booths by that woman in red..." she tells Wanda and along with just the words comes the feeling of genuine surprise along with a bit of curiosity.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Wanda Johansson » Tue May 23, 2017 6:41 pm

Wanda looks, "The VIP booths do look nice. Why the surprise?"
Wanda Johansson

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 7:28 pm

"Just wasn't expecting it, really. But only one way to find out what's up with that, right? Besides, we're here to have fun and this certainly has the potential to be!" she grins at Wanda. It's a little odd they've been here barely ten minutes and already someone is inviting them to a private booth, but then again Wanda is like a beacon and if the woman noticed their mental exchange then she's probably intrigued by Miriam. She gets up, holding her drink with one hand and holding the other out to Wanda to pull her along and up the stairs.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue May 23, 2017 7:32 pm

It's somewhat quieter in the VIP area compared to the floor proper. The man is standing near the booth, arms across the back of the seat, watching the stage. The woman looks up as the other two women approach, smiling to Miriam. "That was quick," she says with a careful educated, but non-specific, accent as she gestures to some empty sections of seat.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 7:37 pm

"Was it? I'd imagine most people here would jump at the offer." she says as she finds a comfortable spot on the seat and crosses her legs. "I'm Miriam, by the way. This is Wanda."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue May 23, 2017 7:48 pm

Wanda waves a bit at the introduction.

The woman inclines her head in acknowledgement, "A pleasure. My name is Alessia." She sips at her drink, "Shall I have Andrew get you something?"
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 7:50 pm

"Pleasure. I'll have another one of these." she says, holding up her drink before taking another sip.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue May 23, 2017 7:52 pm

Wanda says, "Another one of those grape things would be good."

The man standing outside nods and heads down towards the bar. Alessia spares him a glance as he goes, "Service could be better here, which is why I bring my own."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Miriam raises an eyebrow but doesn't say anything else. "Well, thank you for letting us take advantage of your generosity, Alessia. Sounds Italian..."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue May 23, 2017 8:05 pm

"Yes. On my father's side," she says, "My mother was English."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 8:33 pm

"And out of the two options you chose dreary old England? I'd say you made the wrong choice." she chuckles.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue May 23, 2017 9:56 pm

"Christmas with family. What can one do?" She says with a shrug and a smile. "I find your gift fascinating. So rare to run into another person with such abilities."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 10:43 pm

"I'm impressed you noticed. I try not to be obvious about it because most people have a slightly different reaction."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue May 23, 2017 10:56 pm

"Obviously I have some talent for it myself, very useful in business. I do apologize for startling you with it earlier."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 11:12 pm

"Your mental presence just felt... like somebody I used to know."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue May 23, 2017 11:19 pm

"An unfortunate side effect. Sometimes when I first contact someone, it sounds like someone of some importance."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 11:23 pm

"That's... really clever." Miriam says with a smile playing on her lips. "Very effective too, I imagine."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue May 23, 2017 11:28 pm

"It has its moments," she laughs as Andrew returns with their drinks. "Once I knew it was something I could do, I absolutely had to learn to harness it."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 23, 2017 11:56 pm

"Right? People kept trying to tell me not to use it." she sighs and throws back the rest of her drink before taking a new one from Andrew. "Well without that it's hard to learn how to control it and... it's important to." she says, looking over at Wanda and smiling, although for a different reason than what Alessia might assume.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed May 24, 2017 12:06 am

Alessia raises an eyebrow, but says with her characteristic smile, "Some people are given gifts to use them. It seems rude not to use it."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed May 24, 2017 12:09 am

"Exactly. Now... I did come here to dance. Would anybody care to join me?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Wanda Johansson » Wed May 24, 2017 12:16 am

"I would love to, but I suspect Wanda has right of first refusal," Alessia says with a small laugh.

Wanda stands, "I think some dancing would be good."
Wanda Johansson

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed May 24, 2017 12:45 am

"Fantastic!" Miriam beams, takes one last long drink from her fresh drink, draining most of it, before putting it down and taking Wanda's hand instead and heading down to the dance-floor. It takes remarkably little pushing for them to get through the crowd. Initially people are in their way but the more the alcohol is working through Miriam's system the more her inhibitions go down and with it she builds up bit of an aura that just radiates presence. People they're pushing past here and there stopping to turn their heads as Miriam commands a foot or so of personal space for her and Wanda. Music fills the room, relatively slow, but the crowd moves to it along with the bursts of the song. Miriam places her arms on Wanda's shoulder and starts to move to the music, hips gyrating and letting the movement spread through the rest of her body. It's not the most technical dance but it's sensual and in tune with most of the crowd.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Wanda Johansson » Wed May 24, 2017 1:04 am

Wanda danced along, focusing on Miriam and ignoring everyone else. She didn't have as much alcohol in her system, but she seems to be responding to Miriam's presence as well.

A glance at the VIP section would show that Alessia has emerged from her booth to get a better vantage point to watch them dance.
Wanda Johansson

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed May 24, 2017 2:02 am

Miriam doesn't seem to care much about who is paying attention to them. At least on the surface. She has her eyes closed and is taking in the rhythm and Wanda's body dancing next to her. But her mind is opening up to the immediate vicinity and slowly all the people around them seem to fall into the same ebb and flow, the same swaying movements, forming a circle around the two. The air feels thick with excitement and the thoughts of the dance-floor swirling around them, not all of them exactly chaste as Miriam leans in and kisses Wanda, arms wrapping around her neck as she keeps dancing. With barely two drinks Miriam is more drunk on the atmosphere than the alcohol, really, but she seems to revel in it, her own dancing spurring it on around them, an intoxicating haze.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Wanda Johansson » Wed May 24, 2017 2:16 am

Wanda seems to feed off that as well or maybe she's just influenced by Miriam, but she leans into the kiss, hands low on Miriam's waist.

Miriam can feel Alessia touch her mind for a moment, "I'm impressed."
Wanda Johansson

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to London