Fledged

The most advanced and well-equipped hospital and research center for mutant medicine in the world and home to a detention facility for prisoners with special detainment needs.

Fledged

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:21 pm

A couple days after Haley's visit no doctor or nurse could manage to talk Nailah out of moving around the facility. Excellent medical care and mutants able to assist with healing had her recovering a little faster than otherwise possible, but she still had to rely on crutches to get around, having steadfastly refused a wheelchair. And today she'd decided that walking up and down the corridor or making a trek to the cafeteria wasn't going to be the extent of her trips anymore. Although technically the same building in the sense that she didn't have to go outside the prison complex was still quite a bit of distance away through a connecting tunnel and she had to take several breaks on her way there, leaning against the wall and catching her breath. Her shoulder almost hurt more than her leg, supporting the later by putting more strain on the former through the crutches. By the time she actually gets to the elevator leading down into the cell-blocks proper she seriously considers turning around. She feels weak and exhausted and facing Hazard like that makes her stomach turn, but she's come this far... backing down now would mean she hobbled all this way for nothing and she wasn't willing to let Hazard get even the tiniest win.

The ride down provides her some time to catch her breath and try to compose herself and the dreaded lurch of the elevator stopping never comes, the high-tech machinery smoothly coming to a halt and the doors open into a large, circular room at least two stories tall. In the middle is a guard station, on the bottom what seems to be some kind of food dispensary, on the top guards behind bullet-proof windows overlooking the whole area. There's a couple sections that are only divided by footpaths. Some workout equipment, some tables for eating, one section has chairs bolted to the floor and a TV hanging from the ceiling, out of range of being easily grabbed. All very clean and sterile and completely bereft of people at the moment. Around the outer wall are the cells, thick plexiglass windows from floor to ceiling as well as a faintly shimmering forcefield keeping the inmates inside. Nailah slowly makes her way over to the one she'd been directed to. On her way she passes a couple cells, displays set into the wall identifying their occupants. In one of them a hulking brute of a shark-man is sitting straining against his shackles, faint marks on the walls and floor indicating some kind of angry rage that earned him the additional restraints. The next cell over a young girl who seems out of place is lieing on her bed, feet up against the wall and head hanging down over the edge, looking absolutely miserable and bored out of her skull as she rolls her head from side to side, absentmindedly tugging at the clunky power-inhibitor fitted around her neck.

Finally the third one is simply labelled 'Hazard' with no real name indicated. Nailah takes a deep breath and walks into view of the cell itself.
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Re: Fledged

Postby Hazard » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:02 am

Hazard appeared strangely content, lying on his cot with his hands clasped together like Lex Luthor plotting his escape. He stopped humming something when he saw her.

"Hello, Clarice. Or did Frenchie spill the familial snails?"
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:50 am

"He has a name, you know. And so do you, apparently." Nailah glares at him. "Is that what this is? Some kind of weirdo sibling rivalry?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:01 pm

He sat up and stretched. "Rivalry, revenge, recreation, Ragnarok..." he said with a shrug and a single bark of laughter, "Something that starts with R."
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:15 pm

"Yeah, I know, you want to tear open The Cage and let out something even worse than you." she glares at him.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:03 pm

"Completely unrelated! And I really should get around to that. We can play Stop Me From Destroying Your Universe. It'll be fun!"
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:13 pm

"The only thing you'll get to play is rot in prison for the rest of your life! You've hurt too many people already."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Tue May 01, 2018 7:22 pm

He got to his feet and approached the plexiglass.

"You really think this is the end? That you've beaten me by putting me here among the lunatics where I belong?" he laughed, "Oh dear sister, you've only given me an army with which I'll paint this world mad."

"Seriously, what else can one do with a psychopathic cyborg shark man? Start a knitting circle?"
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Tue May 01, 2018 8:28 pm

"I don't care what you do in here, it's not like you can get any crazier. But you're not getting out this time. My memory might be shot, but I can see everything now." she bluffs. "I can see every future in which you crawl out of this hole and I'll snip them all in the bud."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Sat May 05, 2018 12:02 am

"Then clearly you haven't seen them all. This place has never held me before and this version seems particularly held back by silly rules. They fail to grasp that chaos always wins in the end."
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat May 05, 2018 12:46 am

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, Ari. I can see you now." she says, tapping her temple as she leans on her crutch.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Tue May 08, 2018 7:58 pm

She gets the idea that he will suddenly lunge forward and bang on the barrier. Twice. No, thrice. Or will it be once? Or will he lick the glass? Dance a jig? Or will he somehow tear off his inhibitor and break through the glass to snap her neck like a toothpick?

But, instead, he just smirks knowingly. "But which me you see will be the real me?"
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Tue May 08, 2018 8:20 pm

Nailah can't help but flinch a little, which in turn makes her wince at her injuries.

"I'll figure it out..."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Wed May 09, 2018 1:28 am

"Yeah well you know where to find me if you do, fuzzbrain... for now anyway."
Hazard

Topic attributes:

Return to Muir Island