Dreams Come Slow

Scenes taking place outside of London or Muir, but still on the Islands.

Re: Dreams Come Slow

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:21 am

Gemmalara wrote:As she steps forward, Gemma steps in her way once again, sword up and shield at the ready. "Not a step closer, M'Lady. We all have our sworn duties here and I cannot let you keep me from fulfilling mine."

"Nor can I allow you to to keep me from fulfilling mine." She rushed forward bringing Cal up, moving faster then a two-handed broad sword should be able to move.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Ainsley Green » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:20 am

Ainsley wasn't lying about the snacks in his backpack, but now the only remaining snacks would serve only to entice carnivores to the area and in his experience predators weren't as good at listening to commands. He had just enough cover to now manipulate the situation more directly.

Ainsley didn't tend to harm people directly (even if they deserved it), only make distractions and run the fuck away. The team didn't seem to be running, so his usual plans had to be somewhat altered into just making the biggest fucking scene of destruction in order to intimidate the opposition into giving the fuck up.

He plunged his hand into his bag and pulled out a Zippo, making a bee line for a cart full of hay to set fire to. He undid the brake then set it ablaze, pushing it as hard as he could in hopes of using it as a barrier to keep anyone else from getting any funny ideas about backing up the lords (and ladies) currently on the offensive.
Ainsley Green

Postby Will Stanton » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:58 am

Narrator wrote:The man hits the ground hard, but rolls away, coming up on his feet, sword back at the ready. "Better a little prick than no prick, mannequin," he says, lunging forward with the blade.

Will had a quip ready, but he had to hold it to bend past the blade -- a few nicks and scratches, and a gaping hole in the chest, were one thing. More damage, however, could severely impact his ability to be useful.

He dodged to his left, bending unnaturally at the waist to let the blade slash by. He tried to circle around to the fencer's off-hand side, looking for an opening to swing a heavy steel fist at the noble's face.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Diego Zapata » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Narrator wrote:Which proves to be a noble with a solid shield and long sword of his own. He parries Diego's blade aside before responding with his strikes of his own. He seems a little surprised at the ferocity of the attack though and is doing a good deal of hiding behind his shield.

Diego, running on instinct, continued his beastly onslaught with little regard for the strikes that made it past his ability to dodge. After a flurry of slashes and parries, he delivered a powerful leaping strike with a bestial roar.
Diego Zapata

High Concept: Scruffy the Vampire Slayer
Aspect: Goofball
Aspect: Child of the Law
Aspect: Chisaki's Living Mannequin
Aspect: Webcomic Artist

Postby Victor Freud » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Narrator wrote:The man throws up one arm, catching most of the reflected projectiles on a wooden shield that instantly appears. He looks back over the shield, blood trickling from a cut on his cheek where he missed one. A stout club appears in his other hand. "The both of you will pay for that," he threatens as he charges, swinging the club at Vic.
Trev Anderson wrote:"BACK OFF FATASS!" Trev shouted, planting his feet and focusing a beam of concussive, deafening sound at the advancing, club-wielding fey to hopefully knock the swing off target. He took a deep breath, and let out another decidedly uncomfortable scream to lift himself into the air while drawing the sword at his hip.

Surely the D&D scenarios he'd cooked up in the Danger Room had taught him something about actually wielding a sword...right?

Victor wasn't throwing shade just to make himself look bigger, or because he couldn't throw a punch. Even if it put him in danger he was getting the reaction he wanted; the nobleman was enraged and acting without thinking, acting out of anger. And anger made people sloppy and predictable. The nobleman was larger and heavier than Victor, and his weapon was a club. That meant that he was big and powerful but it also meant that he was slow and clumsy compared to the acrobatic and lithe young man. With some help from Trev it was easy to sidestep their attack, Victor's hand grabbing the nobleman's shield arm. And once he had that, Victor smiled.

Ever since the time-traveling incident, where Victor had volunteered to carry the reactor, he'd been practicing - and that practice was about to pay off. With a great deal of mental effort the short young man was able to reduce the nobleman to about the size of a soft ball in a mere moment. He wasted no time in gloating or puns, once he had the man in the palm of his hand he hauled back and full-on fastball pitched his captive toward the nearest other member of the enemy court.

The average person can throw a baseball at a speed of between fifty and sixty miles per hour. So one can only imagine the kind of confusion that would result when, about ten feet from Victor, his foe regained their full size in an instant to become a 300 lb mass traveling about 55 mph over the ground of the arena.
Victor Freud
Student

High Concept: Face Turning Heel
Aspect: Title of Your Sex Tape / The Gadfly
Aspect: Shrinky Dink Shenanigans
Aspect: Always Second Best
Aspect: Underestimating Badassery
Aspect: Dressed for Success

Postby Samantha McManus » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:19 pm

The flock falters, choking. However there seems to be a growing shadow in the smoke, which soon plummets like a meteor towards the Red Lord, revealing itself to be an immense aurochs.
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Shari » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Shari tries to jump up but gets hit by the brushing hand regardless. The angle keeps her from getting too hurt, but she goes flying a couple feet regardless. She flicks out with her tongue again, but this time instead of being sticky she just uses it as a whip to snap in the guys' face.
Shari

High Concept: Shapeshifting Stranger
Aspect: Shaping Yourself
Aspect: Philosophy of Form

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:17 pm

Narrator wrote:The woman spins her hands in a counter-clockwise circle, generating a strange energy aura that deflects the bolt up and into the sky where it bursts with a loud bang and multi-colored lights like fireworks. "Make you a deal, mage," she says, hands moving again in complex gestures, "Join us and I'll teach you all you could ever want to know about magic."

"I'd need to know more about the terms," Sean said, "I've been taught to read the fine print rather closely when it comes to Fey."

Sean then switches to speaking in an ancient language that hurts the ears. He pulls a vial of silver-y liquid from a pocket and breaks it in his hand. The liquid seems to expand, and then forms into several silver hawks, which fly towards the stern-looking Fey.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:03 pm

Trev Anderson wrote:"BACK OFF FATASS!" Trev shouted, planting his feet and focusing a beam of concussive, deafening sound at the advancing, club-wielding fey to hopefully knock the swing off target. He took a deep breath, and let out another decidedly uncomfortable scream to lift himself into the air while drawing the sword at his hip.

Surely the D&D scenarios he'd cooked up in the Danger Room had taught him something about actually wielding a sword...right?

From up in the air, Trev could see some unspeakable creatures pounding their way through the knights that had been gathered at the tournament, gradually closing on their arena. One of the creatures wraps a tentacle of smoke around a knight, wrenching the knight around and slamming him into the ground before releasing him. The knight lays unmoving for a moment and then slowly, jerkily it gets up and begins shambling towards the arena as well, tearing into other knights that get in its way. Another creature, mouth far too big for it's frame, sprays acid all over another group of knights.

Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:"Nor can I allow you to to keep me from fulfilling mine." She rushed forward bringing Cal up, moving faster then a two-handed broad sword should be able to move.

Gemma's fast too. Maybe not water fey fast, but she's trained. She brings her shield up, catching the flat of Cal to deflect it a bit, keeping it away from her. Contact with the more powerful weapon though leaves a noticeable crack in her shield. "I swore that I would let no harm come to you and I know the harm that what they're ordering you to do will cause." She flips her blade around, slamming it hilt first into Vivienne's arm near the shoulder, sending numbing pain through that arm.

Ainsley Green wrote:He plunged his hand into his bag and pulled out a Zippo, making a bee line for a cart full of hay to set fire to. He undid the brake then set it ablaze, pushing it as hard as he could in hopes of using it as a barrier to keep anyone else from getting any funny ideas about backing up the lords (and ladies) currently on the offensive.

It's almost positive at this point that any knights that survive this are likely to be referring to Ainsley as "Chaosbringer," because his efforts continue to increase the disorder in an already disordered situation. It does look like he at least has that side of the arena blocked off though.

Will Stanton wrote:Will had a quip ready, but he had to hold it to bend past the blade -- a few nicks and scratches, and a gaping hole in the chest, were one thing. More damage, however, could severely impact his ability to be useful.

He dodged to his left, bending unnaturally at the waist to let the blade slash by. He tried to circle around to the fencer's off-hand side, looking for an opening to swing a heavy steel fist at the noble's face.

The man was not expecting an opponent to be *quite* that flexible and the fist catches him off-guard, knocking him sideways and to the ground, gasping.

Diego Zapata wrote:Diego, running on instinct, continued his beastly onslaught with little regard for the strikes that made it past his ability to dodge. After a flurry of slashes and parries, he delivered a powerful leaping strike with a bestial roar.

The man manages to stay on the defensive, but doesn't quite get his shield up high enough to counter the leaping strike, taking the blow in the shoulder with a pained yell. Something magical pops and the man disappears.

Victor Freud wrote:The average person can throw a baseball at a speed of between fifty and sixty miles per hour. So one can only imagine the kind of confusion that would result when, about ten feet from Victor, his foe regained their full size in an instant to become a 300 lb mass traveling about 55 mph over the ground of the arena.

Fey are resilient beings, but there is a limit to everyone's resilience and colliding into another being at 55 mph seems to be about it for both the rotund noble and the man that he hits. The two of them end up in an unmoving, tangled heap on the ground.

Samantha McManus wrote:The flock falters, choking. However there seems to be a growing shadow in the smoke, which soon plummets like a meteor towards the Red Lord, revealing itself to be an immense aurochs.

The Red Lord takes the blow, the aurochs driving him into the ground in a plume of dirt. He takes the bull by the horns though and shoves with his feet. The aurochs comes flipping out of the crater onto its back and Red Lord bounds out after it, maybe a little slower than his previous movements, but showing no visible injury outside of the scratches on his armor.

Shari wrote:Shari tries to jump up but gets hit by the brushing hand regardless. The angle keeps her from getting too hurt, but she goes flying a couple feet regardless. She flicks out with her tongue again, but this time instead of being sticky she just uses it as a whip to snap in the guys' face.

The man's head snaps to the side and he goes sprawling again from where he was just starting to get up. He grabs a chunk of rock and throws it at Shari, trying to buy himself time to get back on his feet.

Sean Hall wrote:"I'd need to know more about the terms," Sean said, "I've been taught to read the fine print rather closely when it comes to Fey."

Sean then switches to speaking in an ancient language that hurts the ears. He pulls a vial of silver-y liquid from a pocket and breaks it in his hand. The liquid seems to expand, and then forms into several silver hawks, which fly towards the stern-looking Fey.

The woman throws up a shield of sorts, but she's misread the birds and they slice through it, blunted a little, but still scraping and scratching at her as they pass. "I see you're already wielding some of the power, but we could make you greater still," she makes a complex set of gestures and a wave of small metal ants surge towards Sean, threatening to engulf him in their swarm.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Will Stanton » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Narrator wrote:The man was not expecting an opponent to be *quite* that flexible and the fist catches him off-guard, knocking him sideways and to the ground, gasping.

Will hustled over to the prone lord, bending down to whisper in his ear.

"You picked the wrong month to mess with me.

I need you to remember, when you're at home licking your wounds, in your most private of moments, that for all your training and hard work, for all your years of experience and effort, for all your plans and schemes...

...You couldn't beat a household appliance."

Will held his hand out over the man, each finger turning into a long, metal spike. The intent, at least, was to pierce the man in the shoulders and hips, at key joints to effectively immobilize him.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Gemmalara wrote:Gemma's fast too. Maybe not water fey fast, but she's trained. She brings her shield up, catching the flat of Cal to deflect it a bit, keeping it away from her. Contact with the more powerful weapon though leaves a noticeable crack in her shield. "I swore that I would let no harm come to you and I know the harm that what they're ordering you to do will cause." She flips her blade around, slamming it hilt first into Vivienne's arm near the shoulder, sending numbing pain through that arm.

She grunted, her struck arm releasing Cal. "I must obey, I must reclaim the legacy of my lineage." She twisted Cal around in her 'off' hand. "Trust me, please." She said as she let her glamour fall, taking on her fey aspect and drove Cal down against Gemma's weakened shield.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Ainsley Green » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:47 pm

Ainsley wastes no time to stop and admire his handiwork.

He rushes to the next entry point, grabbing yards decorative fabrics probably meant as some kind of banner and dragging it with him to set ablaze.

Noticing empty packing crates that had been abandoned from the much friendlier festivities of earlier, he throws and kicks several of them into the walking path to create another chokepoint before covering them all with the fabric in a dramatic flourish.

Then of course he lit that on fire too.

By that time, he noticed the ants threatening to engulf Sean.

"Stop that!" He cries out them, unaware of their nature.
Ainsley Green

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:28 am

Narrator wrote:The woman throws up a shield of sorts, but she's misread the birds and they slice through it, blunted a little, but still scraping and scratching at her as they pass. "I see you're already wielding some of the power, but we could make you greater still," she makes a complex set of gestures and a wave of small metal ants surge towards Sean, threatening to engulf him in their swarm.

"Oh, I don't disagree there's much I could learn here from you," Sean said trying to hide his momentary panic as the ants began swarming up his robe. He discharges magic energy in a wave trying to blunt the ant swarm while he thinks of something to do. That something comes to mind and he focuses in on the enchantment borne in the wooden ring, it was meant to control all sorts of vermin maybe that includes this swarm ants?
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:06 am

Narrator wrote:
From up in the air, Trev could see some unspeakable creatures pounding their way through the knights that had been gathered at the tournament, gradually closing on their arena. One of the creatures wraps a tentacle of smoke around a knight, wrenching the knight around and slamming him into the ground before releasing him. The knight lays unmoving for a moment and then slowly, jerkily it gets up and begins shambling towards the arena as well, tearing into other knights that get in its way. Another creature, mouth far too big for it's frame, sprays acid all over another group of knights.

"More assholes incoming! Don't let the smoke tentacles touch you!" he shouted to his team from above before twisting into a dive towards the back of the acid-spitting creature, letting out another piercing, focused shriek once he got closer to it. Anything human would probably have had its eardrums almost completely obliterated from that much noise focused straight at its ears, but he had no idea what this thing's hearing was like. He tightened his grip on the sword and tried to make a fly-by slash into the creature's side.

This would probably have considerably easier in his more aerodynamic uniform than in fey armor.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:14 am

Satisfied with his work Victor did the brushing dust off his hands motion before turning toward the panicking audience with arms raised and outstretched from his sides.

"Are you not entertained?" He yelled as he took great delight in the pandemonium that had erupted in such a short time.

And then there was something about smoke tentacles.

"... da fug?"
Victor Freud
Student

High Concept: Face Turning Heel
Aspect: Title of Your Sex Tape / The Gadfly
Aspect: Shrinky Dink Shenanigans
Aspect: Always Second Best
Aspect: Underestimating Badassery
Aspect: Dressed for Success

Postby Diego Zapata » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Narrator wrote:The man manages to stay on the defensive, but doesn't quite get his shield up high enough to counter the leaping strike, taking the blow in the shoulder with a pained yell. Something magical pops and the man disappears.

"Coward," Diego snarled after his prey. He turned as Trev shouted something about tentacles. Instinct he didn't understand sent his charging right toward the smoky menace, leaping for it with a slashing, blazing arm-blade.
Diego Zapata

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:21 pm

The aurochs flails on its back for a moment, then its limbs crack and reverse, its hide growing shaggy as its frame wrenches into that of a large red-furred wolf. It springs to its feet and paces around the approaching Red Lord, looking for an opening before lunging at him.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:52 pm

Will Stanton wrote:Will hustled over to the prone lord, bending down to whisper in his ear.

"You picked the wrong month to mess with me.

I need you to remember, when you're at home licking your wounds, in your most private of moments, that for all your training and hard work, for all your years of experience and effort, for all your plans and schemes...

...You couldn't beat a household appliance."

Will held his hand out over the man, each finger turning into a long, metal spike. The intent, at least, was to pierce the man in the shoulders and hips, at key joints to effectively immobilize him.

The man cries out in pain, the immobilization working well as he's reduced to laying there and whimpering.

Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:She grunted, her struck arm releasing Cal. "I must obey, I must reclaim the legacy of my lineage." She twisted Cal around in her 'off' hand. "Trust me, please." She said as she let her glamour fall, taking on her fey aspect and drove Cal down against Gemma's weakened shield.

Gemma tries to deflect block, but she's playing defensive and not willing to hurt Vivienne either. Cal drives against the shield, shattering it into hundreds of shards of light that fly off in every direction. The sword drives on through and into Gemma's shoulder, causing her to gasp and drag the blade down a bit as she sinks to her knees. The rainbow blade dissipates into motes of light as the pain steals her concentration.

A short distance away, Nimue watches passively, making no move to run and no apparent effort to defend herself.

Ainsley Green wrote:Then of course he lit that on fire too.

By that time, he noticed the ants threatening to engulf Sean.

"Stop that!" He cries out them, unaware of their nature.

It's amazing how flammable some of this stuff is. The ants don't even seem to be thinking in any particular way. Although they do stop...

Sean Hall wrote:"Oh, I don't disagree there's much I could learn here from you," Sean said trying to hide his momentary panic as the ants began swarming up his robe. He discharges magic energy in a wave trying to blunt the ant swarm while he thinks of something to do. That something comes to mind and he focuses in on the enchantment borne in the wooden ring, it was meant to control all sorts of vermin maybe that includes this swarm ants?

The ants slow and stop. The hand with the wooden ring feels like it's bathed in cold fire, but he can certainly tell he has command of the swarm now. The woman looks shocked, obviously aware that he's wrested control of it away from her.

Trev Anderson wrote:"More assholes incoming! Don't let the smoke tentacles touch you!" he shouted to his team from above before twisting into a dive towards the back of the acid-spitting creature, letting out another piercing, focused shriek once he got closer to it. Anything human would probably have had its eardrums almost completely obliterated from that much noise focused straight at its ears, but he had no idea what this thing's hearing was like. He tightened his grip on the sword and tried to make a fly-by slash into the creature's side.

This would probably have considerably easier in his more aerodynamic uniform than in fey armor.

Victor Freud wrote:Satisfied with his work Victor did the brushing dust off his hands motion before turning toward the panicking audience with arms raised and outstretched from his sides.

"Are you not entertained?" He yelled as he took great delight in the pandemonium that had erupted in such a short time.

And then there was something about smoke tentacles.

"... da fug?"

Diego Zapata wrote:"Coward," Diego snarled after his prey. He turned as Trev shouted something about tentacles. Instinct he didn't understand sent his charging right toward the smoky menace, leaping for it with a slashing, blazing arm-blade.

Flying in the armor isn't particularly easy, but it's 'magic' armor, so he manages it fairly well. Trev manages to dodge a few of the tentacles and score a hit on the beast, but he's not entirely sure how much damage he actually did.

Diego's blade causes a tentacle to disappear in a flash, but it's replaced by another one that he barely manages to dodge. The creature itself feels foul and his glowing sight can see all of the poison and vileness that form the building blocks of it and the other creatures like it on the field.

Samantha McManus wrote:The aurochs flails on its back for a moment, then its limbs crack and reverse, its hide growing shaggy as its frame wrenches into that of a large red-furred wolf. It springs to its feet and paces around the approaching Red Lord, looking for an opening before lunging at him.

The Red Lord lifts an arm, catching the wolf's jaws on the armor and using the leverage to slam her into the ground again. He brings his sword around and levels it at her throat. Suddenly, all her limbs lock up and she can't move. "You remember Fragarach, mother. We're just going to stay here and watch while the girl finishes what she came to do. Then she'll be their creature and my bargain will be fulfilled. What do you say to that?" He yanks his forearm out of her mouth.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Seeing what was happening elsewhere, Will retracted his hand and, with a gutteral yell, charged directly at the Red Lord.

He didn't have much of a plan other than 'run straight at him', but sometimes you do what you have to do.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:05 pm

"...I'd say you chose poorly from among the Hound's arsenal," she chokes out.

With that, she pours her fury into a vision of the spear of Cú Chulainn and sends it hurtling at his mind.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Diego continued to dodge and defensively cut down tentacles as he used his glowing sight to try and find their source. During his search, he experienced a flash of lost memory of how he ignited a vampire. He ran for the nearest concentration of vileness, took a flying leap, flared his strange fires with a roar, and plunged his blade into the ground, releasing a circular wave of phantasmal flame.
Diego Zapata

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:18 pm

Narrator wrote:The ants slow and stop. The hand with the wooden ring feels like it's bathed in cold fire, but he can certainly tell he has command of the swarm now. The woman looks shocked, obviously aware that he's wrested control of it away from her.

Sean winces at the sensation, but it certainly isn't the first time he's been burned and likely not the last either. He gestures to direct the swarm back towards the woman.

"I wonder if you'll agree to my terms?" Sean asked trying to sound as confident as possible. "I imagine they are more fair than what you were going to offer me."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Gemma tries to deflect block, but she's playing defensive and not willing to hurt Vivienne either. Cal drives against the shield, shattering it into hundreds of shards of light that fly off in every direction. The sword drives on through and into Gemma's shoulder, causing her to gasp and drag the blade down a bit as she sinks to her knees. The rainbow blade dissipates into motes of light as the pain steals her concentration.

A short distance away, Nimue watches passively, making no move to run and no apparent effort to defend herself.

Holding Gemma on her blade she shook her stunned hand, before using it to pull water from the lake. "Forgive me." She said softly as she pulled Cal free of the small elf and quickly formed the water around Gemma. The water acted as a sort of straight jacket, neck to ground Gemma was now held as Vivienne side stepped her and closed the distance between herself and her mother.

"Please, understand what I am about to do." Vivienne stepped up to her mother, "I must keep my word and accept my birthright and the legacy...of my father. I renounce the gift of Caledfwlch and power granted to me by my mother, Nimue Chinn Oir, Lady of the Lake." She then plunged Cal deeply in to the rocky earth between them.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:14 pm

Will Stanton wrote:Seeing what was happening elsewhere, Will retracted his hand and, with a gutteral yell, charged directly at the Red Lord.

He didn't have much of a plan other than 'run straight at him', but sometimes you do what you have to do.

Samantha McManus wrote:"...I'd say you chose poorly from among the Hound's arsenal," she chokes out.

With that, she pours her fury into a vision of the spear of Cú Chulainn and sends it hurtling at his mind.

The Red Lord glances up, unable to bring his blade to bear against Will because it will release Sam. Then that advantage is negated because Sam slams him in the head with a telepathic, mythological spear. He recoils from the spear and straight into Will's charge.

Diego Zapata wrote:Diego continued to dodge and defensively cut down tentacles as he used his glowing sight to try and find their source. During his search, he experienced a flash of lost memory of how he ignited a vampire. He ran for the nearest concentration of vileness, took a flying leap, flared his strange fires with a roar, and plunged his blade into the ground, releasing a circular wave of phantasmal flame.

The creature shies away from the flames as they consume parts of it. It starts flailing wildly, slapping Diego around, but not hurting him too much.

Sean Hall wrote:Sean winces at the sensation, but it certainly isn't the first time he's been burned and likely not the last either. He gestures to direct the swarm back towards the woman.

"I wonder if you'll agree to my terms?" Sean asked trying to sound as confident as possible. "I imagine they are more fair than what you were going to offer me."

She glares at Sean, looking at the oncoming swarm. "I think you'll wish you'd accepted my earlier offer," she growls, snapping her fingers and vanishing with a pop just as the ants reach her.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nimue Chinnoir » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:19 pm

Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:Holding Gemma on her blade she shook her stunned hand, before using it to pull water from the lake. "Forgive me." She said softly as she pulled Cal free of the small elf and quickly formed the water around Gemma. The water acted as a sort of straight jacket, neck to ground Gemma was now held as Vivienne side stepped her and closed the distance between herself and her mother.

"Please, understand what I am about to do." Vivienne stepped up to her mother, "I must keep my word and accept my birthright and the legacy...of my father. I renounce the gift of Caledfwlch and power granted to me by my mother, Nimue Chinn Oir, Lady of the Lake." She then plunged Cal deeply in to the rocky earth between them.

A soft yellow glow suffuses Vivienne as she speaks the words and Nimue smiles, "That's my girl." The yellow glow detaches from Vivienne in motes and globes, floating over to Nimue and attaching to her form.

The leader of the fey nobles calls out "No!" as Nimue's hand reaches out and wraps around the hilt of Excalibur, the light sinking into her skin as she does so. She pulls the blade from the ground, turning her gaze towards the melee in the middle of the ring.
Nimue Chinnoir

High Concept: The Lady of the Lake
Aspect: We are all mad, here
Aspect: In exile

Postby Diego Zapata » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Diego fought his way closer. "Die already you tentacle porn reject!" he shouted before he mercilessly drove his blade into the monstrosity.
Diego Zapata

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:16 am

Narrator wrote:The Red Lord glances up, unable to bring his blade to bear against Will because it will release Sam. Then that advantage is negated because Sam slams him in the head with a telepathic, mythological spear. He recoils from the spear and straight into Will's charge.

Tumbling to the ground, Will began hammering away at the Red Lord's armor, focusing entirely on offense with no thought at all put into his own protection.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Ainsley Green » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:23 am

Ainsley feels relief for a moment when he realizes Sean has more or less control of the situation, but then he realizes something else.

Shari!

He let's out a high pitched whistle and cries out to the nearest horse.

"Come! I require rides!"

Close enough.
Ainsley Green

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:21 am

Trev looped back around in time from his ineffective flyby attack to see his girlfriend get hit with a magic sword...THE magic sword, as far as he knew, really.

"Gemma!" he shouted, rocketing toward her with speed he didn't know he had, the world around him blurring and missing most of the display between Vivienne and her mother.

He landed hard, kicking up a cloud of dust and dropping his sword to the ground.

"Gemma?! Are you okay?! I'm here. I've got you." he stammered, clearly not handling the situation especially well.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:41 am

Narrator wrote: She glares at Sean, looking at the oncoming swarm. "I think you'll wish you'd accepted my earlier offer," she growls, snapping her fingers and vanishing with a pop just as the ants reach her.

"Doubtful," Sean said before commanding the swarm to follow and protect him as he headed quickly over towards Gemma and Trev. He examined Gemma trying to well, figure out how to stabilize the situation.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:41 am

Sam rolls back onto all fours and starts circling the Red Lord, but doesn't see much of an opening with what Will is doing.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Diego Zapata wrote:Diego fought his way closer. "Die already you tentacle porn reject!" he shouted before he mercilessly drove his blade into the monstrosity.

For a moment, it looks like nothing happens, then the flame erupts, blowing Diego backwards and covering him in smokey tentacle monster goo as the thing pops like a particularly messy balloon.

Will Stanton wrote:Tumbling to the ground, Will began hammering away at the Red Lord's armor, focusing entirely on offense with no thought at all put into his own protection.

Samantha McManus wrote:Sam rolls back onto all fours and starts circling the Red Lord, but doesn't see much of an opening with what Will is doing.

Will's focus proves to be his undoing. While he gets some good solid hits in, the Red Lord shoves him back hard, following it up with a slash that gouges a deep furrow across Will's chest that begins to feel like its on fire. He spits blood out on the ground which immediately begins smoking and hissing. "Points for bravery, but your recklessness has doomed you," he says. As Sam begins to think about lunging, he clucks, "Think carefully, mother. Do you want to take me at the cost of your precious mortals?" He staggers away from them a bit, obviously injured.

Ainsley Green wrote:He let's out a high pitched whistle and cries out to the nearest horse.

"Come! I require rides!"

Close enough.

One of the horses responds pretty quickly, trotting up next him.

Trev Anderson wrote:Trev looped back around in time from his ineffective flyby attack to see his girlfriend get hit with a magic sword...THE magic sword, as far as he knew, really.

"Gemma!" he shouted, rocketing toward her with speed he didn't know he had, the world around him blurring and missing most of the display between Vivienne and her mother.

He landed hard, kicking up a cloud of dust and dropping his sword to the ground.

"Gemma?! Are you okay?! I'm here. I've got you." he stammered, clearly not handling the situation especially well.

Sean Hall wrote:"Doubtful," Sean said before commanding the swarm to follow and protect him as he headed quickly over towards Gemma and Trev. He examined Gemma trying to well, figure out how to stabilize the situation.

With Vivienne's magic given up, the water that's been holding her up drops as well and she sags into Trev's arms. The wound's still bleeding pretty freely. Gemma reaches up to touch Trev's face, smiling, "I'll be okay... the Morrigan's here." As Sean looks at the wound, he can see that Excalibur's done more than damage her flesh, it's damaged her magic.

A tall woman, dressed in a black dress with twinkling sparkling bits in it approaches them swiftly, concern evident on her face. Gemma extends her other hand to the woman. "Mother..."

The woman kneels next to Gemma, taking the offered hand, "Little Dew."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:05 pm

As it made it's way over, Ainsley ripped free a plank of barrel that had yet to set ablaze and threw himself on it's back and leading it towards Shari's attacker. He reeled back the board in his hand like a club, aiming for the back of the attacker's head to knock him out.
Ainsley Green

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:00 pm

Narrator wrote:With Vivienne's magic given up, the water that's been holding her up drops as well and she sags into Trev's arms. The wound's still bleeding pretty freely. Gemma reaches up to touch Trev's face, smiling, "I'll be okay... the Morrigan's here." As Sean looks at the wound, he can see that Excalibur's done more than damage her flesh, it's damaged her magic.

A tall woman, dressed in a black dress with twinkling sparkling bits in it approaches them swiftly, concern evident on her face. Gemma extends her other hand to the woman. "Mother..."

The woman kneels next to Gemma, taking the offered hand, "Little Dew."

Sean glances at the tall woman then back at Gemma. Fixing things is not his specialty, well maybe if Gemma was an enchanted ring, but she's a living thing made of a rather complex array of things. He also really only knew the one spell and it required a component he couldn't exactly afford to practice with. Sean pulls a knife from his pocket and a vial with a diamond in it from another. He cut his hand and then placed the diamond in it. Then came the ugly part, he ripped the life force out of the swarm, and then the grass around them causing it to wither and die. He pulled it from animals nearby until he couldn't contain the energy any more. Then he poured it into the healing spell, chanting slowly and carefully. The diamond glowed and then disintegrated forming a circle of floating runes, which attached themselves to the wound. The runes acted as a conduit for the life force Sean had gathered to enter Gemma and accelerate her healing. This would by no means fix the magical damage, but maybe it would work to keep Gemma from bleeding out by fixing the physical damage. Give them time, time to figure out how you fix magic damaged by Excalibur.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:19 pm

Trev was fighting back tears and trying to keep her comfortable while applying pressure to the wound when Sean stepped in and did his magic thing. Something tiny made a noise of alarm in the back of his mind as he saw life force getting drained out of other things to be put into his girlfriend, but if the end result was not watching his girlfriend bleed out in his arms he wasn't going to question it. Especially since he didn't know a damn thing about magic that wasn't in a Players Handbook.

“Thank you, Sean,”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:43 pm

Narrator wrote:Will's focus proves to be his undoing. While he gets some good solid hits in, the Red Lord shoves him back hard, following it up with a slash that gouges a deep furrow across Will's chest that begins to feel like its on fire. He spits blood out on the ground which immediately begins smoking and hissing. "Points for bravery, but your recklessness has doomed you," he says. As Sam begins to think about lunging, he clucks, "Think carefully, mother. Do you want to take me at the cost of your precious mortals?" He staggers away from them a bit, obviously injured.

Will was blasted back by the shove and strike, and staggered.

"...Oh. So...that's what that's like," he said.

He then collapsed to the ground, hard.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Gemma squeezes Trev's wrist and her mother's hand as the magic works its way into the wound. "Yes, thank you, Sean," she says, relaxing as the pain lessens, though the relaxation and thankfulness doesn't reach her eyes, which watch Sean warily for a moment before focusing back on the people closer to her.
Gemmalara

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:53 pm

"Now this feels familiar," she snarls and her body contorts as her pelt retracts, revealing Badb.

"You tried to hobble me every way you could, and you still lost."

"Go on then. Slink off with your tail between your legs," she sneers as she approaches Will.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:59 pm

The Red Lord shrugs, "I'll return. Your losses won't." Shadows wrap around him, pulling him in on himself before he disappears entirely.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Narrator » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:01 pm

Ainsley Green wrote:As it made it's way over, Ainsley ripped free a plank of barrel that had yet to set ablaze and threw himself on it's back and leading it towards Shari's attacker. He reeled back the board in his hand like a club, aiming for the back of the attacker's head to knock him out.

Between Ainsley's unexpected assault and Shari's shapeshifting combat prowess, the man with stone fists is soon laid out on the ground unconscious. Sensing defeat, the rest of the Grey Lords who are still capable retreat and without the Red Lord, the Bane creatures on the edges fall easily to the remaining fey knights.
Narrator
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to The British Isles