Dreams Come Slow

Scenes taking place outside of London or Muir, but still on the Islands.

Re: Dreams Come Slow

Postby Nimue Chinnoir » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:32 pm

"Vivienne," she says, affectionately, but somewhat sadly. Turning her attention to Sam, she responds, "I imagined the Grey Lords," she spits the name, "would send an assassin to reclaim my power. I didn't think even they would be cruel enough to send my own daughter."

There's certainly plenty of weave for Sean to look at. The woman is wrapped in all manner of fey magic. Some sustains her, some ties her to the land, even more stands ready at her command, ready to be called into active life.
Nimue Chinnoir

High Concept: The Lady of the Lake
Aspect: We are all mad, here
Aspect: In exile

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:33 pm

"I think you know by now that I don't serve the Grey Lords in the slightest."
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Diego Zapata » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:59 pm

Diego had no clue how to properly kneel for the freaking Lady of the Lady, so he mimicked Shari. Though it was a little awkward on armored cat legs.
Diego Zapata

High Concept: Scruffy the Vampire Slayer
Aspect: Goofball
Aspect: Child of the Law
Aspect: Chisaki's Living Mannequin
Aspect: Webcomic Artist

Postby Nimue Chinnoir » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:46 pm

"I know you do not, Morrigan, but she has been bound to duty by them. Something she can, in my presence, no longer deny." She watches Vivienne closely as two knights move forward and remove a piece of the railing, allowing Nimue to step into the ring.
Nimue Chinnoir

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:48 pm

Will moved around the ring to keep some distance between the fay lady and himself, though he did not kneel.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:55 pm

"We've taken measures to prevent the worst of that. We can talk. Not for long, but we've more options than we would have."

"I've taken care of your daughter. I'm fond of her."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:04 pm

While Sam and Vivienne talked Sean attempted to sort through the Fey magic surrounding Nimue to see if anything was amiss such as a magic signature that didn't belong.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Ainsley Green » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Ainsley looked between Shari and Sean and decided to take the lead of the magic user and remained standing.
Ainsley Green

Postby Shari » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Ainsley Green wrote:Ainsley looked between Shari and Sean and decided to take the lead of the magic user and remained standing.

Which earns him an urging elbow to the leg from Shari.
Shari

High Concept: Shapeshifting Stranger
Aspect: Shaping Yourself
Aspect: Philosophy of Form

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Victor knew enough to kneel around supposed nobility, and to keep his mouth shut; he doubted he could mimic the flowery language anyway.
Victor Freud
Student

High Concept: Face Turning Heel
Aspect: Title of Your Sex Tape / The Gadfly
Aspect: Shrinky Dink Shenanigans
Aspect: Always Second Best
Aspect: Underestimating Badassery
Aspect: Dressed for Success

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:52 pm

Nimue Chinnoir wrote:"I know you do not, Morrigan, but she has been bound to duty by them. Something she can, in my presence, no longer deny." She watches Vivienne closely as two knights move forward and remove a piece of the railing, allowing Nimue to step into the ring.

Vivienne's outer influences surged slightly, they were still in disarray for the most part, but slowly a few soft voices became one.

"Obey"

The magic pulled and Vivienne's hand twitched. She clasped it with her other.

"I did not come alone for that very reason."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Nimue Chinnoir » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:08 pm

"Daughter, they will destroy your mind if you do not obey them," she says, "They will come themselves and destroy all those who have taken shelter here. You must do what you have to do."

There's a massive surge of magic as a number of figures appear in the ring. Among the noble-looking fey is a large man in red armor. The noble in the front speaks, "You know she's right, girl. Obey now and we'll spare the rabble." Vivienne's bracelet begins to vibrate, fracturing slowly to dust in the presence of the Grey Lords. There's similar surges of magic elsewhere on the edges of the crowd.

As they appear, the Green Knight talks a calm posture for someone whose enemy has just shown up. All of the X-Men feel as if something's settling around their shoulders. A voice whispers in their ears, all different voices, but also one voice, "For this was the Round Table formed: To defend the helpless and to put evil to flight. Let no one take what does not belong to them."
Nimue Chinnoir

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:37 pm

Sam frowns, focusing her gaze on the interlopers.

"...are the Grey Lords so eager to be reminded who they all see in the end?"
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Victor intertwined his fingers and pushed his arms out in front of himself to crack his knuckles, stretching out his neck muscles in the process.

"It looks like the peasants have risen up, and found swords."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:01 am

"Er, pardon me," Will said, walking towards one of the nobility.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:48 am

Vivienne looked visibly pained as she stepped forward, her sword arm reaching back for Cal.

"Nimue Chinn Oir, you have removed fey magics from the Fey Realms. As your sole heir I come to you to claim my birthright."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Ainsley Green » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:49 am

Shari's elbow served to have Ainsley trip and double over her and onto the ground, his robe flipping over his head and temporarily blinding him as he writhed against it like a stooge.
Ainsley Green

Postby Samantha McManus » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:01 am

"You don't have to do this, Viv. Perhaps they'd be willing to entertain a counteroffer."

"They release you from your obligations, and the Morrigan will let them retreat with their skin still attached..."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:06 am

Sean drew magic to himself and his tattoos began to glow. The air smelled of ozone, small bits of energy arced between his fingers, and his eyes began to glow. All unnecessary waste really to appear more intimidating. He watched the weave waiting for someone make a move.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:09 am

Samantha McManus wrote:"You don't have to do this, Viv. Perhaps they'd be willing to entertain a counteroffer."

"They release you from your obligations, and the Morrigan will let them retreat with their skin still attached..."

The man in red armor steps forward, "Now, mother, you gave up on their business long ago. Don't pretend you care about it now." At Sam's hip, Tereza starts growling.

Victor Freud wrote:Victor intertwined his fingers and pushed his arms out in front of himself to crack his knuckles, stretching out his neck muscles in the process.

"It looks like the peasants have risen up, and found swords."

A rotund noble frowns at Vic, "Hold your tongue, jester, lest I remove it for you."

Will Stanton wrote:"Er, pardon me," Will said, walking towards one of the nobility.

"Stay back, knight," the man says, pulling back the side of his coat to draw a long thin rapier.

Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:Vivienne looked visibly pained as she stepped forward, her sword arm reaching back for Cal.

"Nimue Chinn Oir, you have removed fey magics from the Fey Realms. As your sole heir I come to you to claim my birthright."

Nimue folds her hands in front of her, looking resigned. Gemma steps in Vivienne's path, iridescent armor and shield appearing as her rainbow sword extends with a flick of her hand. "I can't let you do that, M'Lady." Morrigan, she is not herself. They have her at their command.

The leader looks incredulously at a woman in a black gown with twinkling lights. "You sent her a member of the Rainbow Guard?"

The woman smirks, "You gave me permission to send her what she needed. It is not my fault if you declined to ask more questions about who that was."

Ainsley Green wrote:Shari's elbow served to have Ainsley trip and double over her and onto the ground, his robe flipping over his head and temporarily blinding him as he writhed against it like a stooge.

One of the nobles at the back of the group lets out a loud rude laugh at Ainsley's predicament.

Sean Hall wrote:Sean drew magic to himself and his tattoos began to glow. The air smelled of ozone, small bits of energy arced between his fingers, and his eyes began to glow. All unnecessary waste really to appear more intimidating. He watched the weave waiting for someone make a move.

He definitely has the attention of a tall, severe-looking woman standing towards the middle of the group.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:11 am

Narrator wrote:"Stay back, knight," the man says, pulling back the side of his coat to draw a long thin rapier.

"I am no knight, sirrah. Knights have honor."

And with that, Will attempted to kick the man really hard in the nuts.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:27 am

Narrator wrote:A rotund noble frowns at Vic, "Hold your tongue, jester, lest I remove it for you."

Victor did his best to fall into the role. After all, we he to cower that might bolster these ghost... fey... wizards... whatever they were. He thumbed his nose as he'd seen in boxing movies and animes.

"Ha, you're all foam and no mead. I've seen better things fall from the back of a horse."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:50 am

Narrator wrote:He definitely has the attention of a tall, severe-looking woman standing towards the middle of the group.

"Do we introduce ourselves or simply turn the arena to ash and misery?" Sean asked the severe-looking woman examining her closely.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Shari » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:58 am

"Is anybody gonna... Okay then..." Shari jumps to her feet and in one swift movement hops up on the banister of the ring and from there throws herself at Vivienne to try and tackle her to the ground.
Shari

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:20 am

Shari wrote:"Is anybody gonna... Okay then..." Shari jumps to her feet and in one swift movement hops up on the banister of the ring and from there throws herself at Vivienne to try and tackle her to the ground.

Vivienne was brought down into the arena dirt.

"Not me...the Lords...distract them..." She whispered as she attempted to wriggle free of Shari.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Ainsley Green » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:25 am

Finally righting himself, Ainsley throws back his cowl just in time to watch Will aim square at a blokes meat and veg. And really, there wasn't coming back from a jewel heist.

He knew there were animals close by and reached out first to the horses, practically screaming his lungs out to them.

"Apple pieces for anyone who flattens a knight!" He cries out.
Ainsley Green

Postby Samantha McManus » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:52 am

"If you want my particular attention, you've got it. You've all got it for daring to show your faces outside the hidden hills."

"A conclave of cowards that found their backbones too late will make a fine doom to sing."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Shari » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:57 am

"Well, you had me fooled." Shari whispers back before letting herself get thrown off and goes tumbling into the legs of one of the Grey Lords.
Shari

Postby Narrator » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:50 am

Will Stanton wrote:"I am no knight, sirrah. Knights have honor."

And with that, Will attempted to kick the man really hard in the nuts.

The noble doubles over, apparently Grey Lords keep theirs in the same place as humans. He still manages to get a weak slash at the offending leg, but there's no power behind it.

Victor Freud wrote:Victor did his best to fall into the role. After all, we he to cower that might bolster these ghost... fey... wizards... whatever they were. He thumbed his nose as he'd seen in boxing movies and animes.

"Ha, you're all foam and no mead. I've seen better things fall from the back of a horse."

"Why you..." The man's face reddens even further and he stalks towards Vic. He raises his hands and long splinters of wood launch themselves from his palms in Vic's direction.

Sean Hall wrote:"Do we introduce ourselves or simply turn the arena to ash and misery?" Sean asked the severe-looking woman examining her closely.

"Ash and misery sounds good to me," she responds, her hands igniting in silver fire that she flicks at Sean.

Ainsley Green wrote:Finally righting himself, Ainsley throws back his cowl just in time to watch Will aim square at a blokes meat and veg. And really, there wasn't coming back from a jewel heist.

He knew there were animals close by and reached out first to the horses, practically screaming his lungs out to them.

"Apple pieces for anyone who flattens a knight!" He cries out.

That gets a response. The crowd around the arena parts as three horses plunge through it, leaping the arena fence and wading into the crowd of nobles with enthusiasm. Things were already descending into chaos, but this accelerates that decline.

Samantha McManus wrote:"If you want my particular attention, you've got it. You've all got it for daring to show your faces outside the hidden hills."

"A conclave of cowards that found their backbones too late will make a fine doom to sing."

"This is why I love these family reunions," the Red Lord says, drawing his sword. "So are you going to come sing my doom, mother, or are you just going to stand there with your precious doomed humans and talk my ear off the way you always do?"

Shari wrote:"Well, you had me fooled." Shari whispers back before letting herself get thrown off and goes tumbling into the legs of one of the Grey Lords.

She finds herself bowling over a muscular man who seems to have fists made of stone. He tries to untangle himself from her, shoving her off with a great amount of strength.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:58 am

Vivienne stood and dusted herself off and draw Cal free. The pull weakened in her mind with the chaos distracting the Lords present, but those on the other side of the veil were finally beginning to fall into an accord.

"Obey!"

"Hold fast, this will not take long." She spoke aloud and moved once more towards her mother.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:04 am

Narrator wrote:"Ash and misery sounds good to me," she responds, her hands igniting in silver fire that she flicks at Sean.

Sean dodges from the path of the fire though his robe smokes as, well, robes weren't meant for fighting really. The air screams as Sean throws a bolt of lightning back towards the woman.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Ainsley Green » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:10 am

Moving in the opposite direction from the horses enough to get out of their path, he now switched up his dialect. He was better with birds of course since different kinds of common small birds lived practically everywhere.

"I've crackers I will share with any brave enough to defy the nobles! Peck their eyes out! And don't harm the visitors!"

He would repeat the message in several 'languages' while trying to stay out of the way of what he was unleashing. He was careful not to remove himself too far from the assembled group so he didn't make himself obvious.
Ainsley Green

Postby Trev Anderson » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:33 am

Trev watched as his girlfriend left his side and stood her ground against Vivienne, and then, narrowed his eyes intently at the foes appearing around them, darting around and sizing everyone up. It didn't take long for Will to kick the guy in the nuts and for Trev to know it was game time.

He saw the fey sending daggers of wood towards Vic, took a deep breath, and let out a focused scream to deflect the wood back into the man.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:36 am

Victor 's instincts kicked in, though perhaps not as quickly as he would have hoped. After all, he hadn't expected a double-fisted wooden shotgun blast. Even the quickness he had in using his powers wouldn't have prevented him from being pierced multiple times, had it not been for Trev's quick action. In an instant Victor was at a tiny state, making for a much smaller target to hit as Trev's vocal force sent many of the projectiles back toward their creator, leaving him fewer to dodge.

"Not bad." He said as he regained his former stature, flicking from his shoulder a wooden shard that had gotten lodged in his surcoat. "Throw enough of those and you might actually hit me." He flashed Trev a grin and a thumbs up before he really began digging in to his opponent.

"What is the matter knave? Afraid to go hand to hand with an unarmed jester? Are your portly paws that unaccustomed to touching anything that hasn't been simmered in butter?"
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:47 am

Narrator wrote:The noble doubles over, apparently Grey Lords keep theirs in the same place as humans. He still manages to get a weak slash at the offending leg, but there's no power behind it.

Will made no attempt at dodging the blade, letting it cut open the plastic of his leg.

He followed his advantage up by bringing his arms down, heavily, across the back of the doubled-over noble, attempting to drive him to the ground.

"You'll find it hard to take me out with just a little prick," he frowned.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Shari » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:36 pm

Narrator wrote:She finds herself bowling over a muscular man who seems to have fists made of stone. He tries to untangle himself from her, shoving her off with a great amount of strength.

Shari goes flying but in mid-air she opens her mouth and a long chameleon-tongue snaps out and tries to latch on to the Grey Lord and pull herself in to slam into his chest with her body.
Shari

Postby Diego Zapata » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:17 pm

Diego stood there as the fighting started, uncertainty over his abilities holding him back. But a familiar feeling of righteous fury soon washed over him as he watched the man in red. That fury blossomed and his eyes flared with blue fire once again. That same fire raced up his right arm, combining with the magically-bestowed armor and becoming a burning bladed gauntlet. The armor also had the effect of keeping his mind more clear.

"No one threatens my friends..." he growled, launching himself at the nearest threat without another thought.
Diego Zapata

High Concept: Scruffy the Vampire Slayer
Aspect: Goofball
Aspect: Child of the Law
Aspect: Chisaki's Living Mannequin
Aspect: Webcomic Artist

Postby Samantha McManus » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:42 am

"If you're that eager, I'll skip the preamble," she curls a lip and surges up and outward, exploding into a flock of ravens.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:05 am

Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:Vivienne stood and dusted herself off and draw Cal free. The pull weakened in her mind with the chaos distracting the Lords present, but those on the other side of the veil were finally beginning to fall into an accord.

"Obey!"

"Hold fast, this will not take long." She spoke aloud and moved once more towards her mother.

As she steps forward, Gemma steps in her way once again, sword up and shield at the ready. "Not a step closer, M'Lady. We all have our sworn duties here and I cannot let you keep me from fulfilling mine."

Sean Hall wrote:Sean dodges from the path of the fire though his robe smokes as, well, robes weren't meant for fighting really. The air screams as Sean throws a bolt of lightning back towards the woman.

The woman spins her hands in a counter-clockwise circle, generating a strange energy aura that deflects the bolt up and into the sky where it bursts with a loud bang and multi-colored lights like fireworks. "Make you a deal, mage," she says, hands moving again in complex gestures, "Join us and I'll teach you all you could ever want to know about magic."

Ainsley Green wrote:Moving in the opposite direction from the horses enough to get out of their path, he now switched up his dialect. He was better with birds of course since different kinds of common small birds lived practically everywhere.

"I've crackers I will share with any brave enough to defy the nobles! Peck their eyes out! And don't harm the visitors!"

He would repeat the message in several 'languages' while trying to stay out of the way of what he was unleashing. He was careful not to remove himself too far from the assembled group so he didn't make himself obvious.

The birds begin dive bombing into the crowd. None of them are much more than songbirds, but they become tiny irritants to anyone not currently occupied.

Trev Anderson wrote:Trev watched as his girlfriend left his side and stood her ground against Vivienne, and then, narrowed his eyes intently at the foes appearing around them, darting around and sizing everyone up. It didn't take long for Will to kick the guy in the nuts and for Trev to know it was game time.

He saw the fey sending daggers of wood towards Vic, took a deep breath, and let out a focused scream to deflect the wood back into the man.

Victor Freud wrote:Victor 's instincts kicked in, though perhaps not as quickly as he would have hoped. After all, he hadn't expected a double-fisted wooden shotgun blast. Even the quickness he had in using his powers wouldn't have prevented him from being pierced multiple times, had it not been for Trev's quick action. In an instant Victor was at a tiny state, making for a much smaller target to hit as Trev's vocal force sent many of the projectiles back toward their creator, leaving him fewer to dodge.

"Not bad." He said as he regained his former stature, flicking from his shoulder a wooden shard that had gotten lodged in his surcoat. "Throw enough of those and you might actually hit me." He flashed Trev a grin and a thumbs up before he really began digging in to his opponent.

"What is the matter knave? Afraid to go hand to hand with an unarmed jester? Are your portly paws that unaccustomed to touching anything that hasn't been simmered in butter?"

The man throws up one arm, catching most of the reflected projectiles on a wooden shield that instantly appears. He looks back over the shield, blood trickling from a cut on his cheek where he missed one. A stout club appears in his other hand. "The both of you will pay for that," he threatens as he charges, swinging the club at Vic.

Will Stanton wrote:Will made no attempt at dodging the blade, letting it cut open the plastic of his leg.

He followed his advantage up by bringing his arms down, heavily, across the back of the doubled-over noble, attempting to drive him to the ground.

"You'll find it hard to take me out with just a little prick," he frowned.

The man hits the ground hard, but rolls away, coming up on his feet, sword back at the ready. "Better a little prick than no prick, mannequin," he says, lunging forward with the blade.

Shari wrote:Shari goes flying but in mid-air she opens her mouth and a long chameleon-tongue snaps out and tries to latch on to the Grey Lord and pull herself in to slam into his chest with her body.

That was certainly unexpected from his point of view. She bowls him over backwards, ending up on top of his chest. He slams a fist sideways, trying to dislodge her. It's bad leverage, but it's very hard stone.

Diego Zapata wrote:Diego stood there as the fighting started, uncertainty over his abilities holding him back. But a familiar feeling of righteous fury soon washed over him as he watched the man in red. That fury blossomed and his eyes flared with blue fire once again. That same fire raced up his right arm, combining with the magically-bestowed armor and becoming a burning bladed gauntlet. The armor also had the effect of keeping his mind more clear.

"No one threatens my friends..." he growled, launching himself at the nearest threat without another thought.

Which proves to be a noble with a solid shield and long sword of his own. He parries Diego's blade aside before responding with his strikes of his own. He seems a little surprised at the ferocity of the attack though and is doing a good deal of hiding behind his shield.

Samantha McManus wrote:"If you're that eager, I'll skip the preamble," she curls a lip and surges up and outward, exploding into a flock of ravens.

The Red Lord gestures with his free hand and the air the ravens are flying through suddenly clogs up as if a thousand smoke stacks were all belching their poison into the air and concentrating it right there. "Bane! Kill them all!" From elsewhere on the field, the sounds of battle being joined pick up as well as screams of terror.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Trev Anderson » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:27 am

"BACK OFF FATASS!" Trev shouted, planting his feet and focusing a beam of concussive, deafening sound at the advancing, club-wielding fey to hopefully knock the swing off target. He took a deep breath, and let out another decidedly uncomfortable scream to lift himself into the air while drawing the sword at his hip.

Surely the D&D scenarios he'd cooked up in the Danger Room had taught him something about actually wielding a sword...right?
Trev Anderson
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to The British Isles