[Issue] Red in Tooth and Claw

Scenes taking place outside of London or Muir, but still on the Islands.

[Issue] Red in Tooth and Claw

Postby Narrator » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:40 pm

The scientist watches through the glass of his observation room as his newest creation is prodded into the large, bare-walled concrete chamber beyond. The creature is hideously misshapen, for it's still in transition from what it was to what it is to be. But that was why it was here; to be given fuel for its continued evolution.

The bestial form crawls on unstable legs towards the goat tied to the central column. The terrified animal bleats hysterically as the creature closes in. The beast suddenly hesitates in its stride and backs away, turning its hairy, horned head in refusal despite its terrible hunger. It is promptly punished by a shock from the heavy collar about its neck.

"Eat, my child," the scientist urges in a soothing tone, "Do not deny your predatory instincts."

Whether or not it truly understands, the beast still refuses. But after the next shock, something in its mind finally gives way. It surrenders to its primal appetite and rushes its intended meal. With a sickening snap, the goat's cries abruptly cease.
Last edited by Toshiro Narumi on Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Narrator
Site Admin

Re: Red in Tooth and Claw

Postby Narrator » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:30 pm

The scientist sits in a plush office chair, watching an array of monitors showing the progress of his many children. Subject Twelve, Manticore, is still proving difficult. The poor thing simply isn't adapting to his role in the beautiful new world to come. It is a shame that such an impressive result of the program would need his mind reduced to a more primal state to be able to serve his purpose.

The scientist's idle thoughts are interrupted by the clearing of a throat behind him. He swivels his chair around to stare questioningly at the source of the interruption. "Ah... Yes. You needed to tell me something?"

"Subject Five lost control in training. Eight is dead," reports a large, broad-chested man.

The scientist sighs, "Unfortunate! But not entirely unexpected. The early subjects are a more volatile breed. Hellhound especially. I'll leave his punishment in your capable hands. Be sure he's in line by the time we're ready. And give Manticore the booster, his stubborn streak is getting problematic."

"Yes, sir. I'll get on final preparations right away. "
Narrator
Site Admin

Topic attributes:

Return to The British Isles