[Issue] We Fought A Zoo

Scenes taking place outside of London or Muir, but still on the Islands.

Re: We Fought A Zoo

Postby Narrator » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:09 pm

Robin Stanton wrote:"Sam to the rescue!" Robin cheers as she's freed of enough snakepedes to shift back to normal and leap back from the mass while her braid continues to punch at the ones that try to approach.

"You gonna be okay with the bites? They look like they could be mondo poisonous..."

Tereza Rozanov wrote:Tereza falls back towards Sam and Robin, leaving hummocks of ice behind her to try to sly down the horde.

Tereza manages to buy the group some time to decide their next move. Will they fight or retreat?

Ainsley Green wrote:Ainsley let's the animals duke it out as he noticed 'Phil' out for his break.

"Coal, pin him! Don't bite, just scare!" Ainsley calls to his friend, hoping to catch him and steal his ID badge for further access into the facility beyond the first door.

Coal bounds for the sidewalk around the building and makes a sharp turn for Phil, talons scrabbling on the concrete. The shocked zoo employee breaks from his paralysis and starts running. He doesn't even make it ten feet before a leaping crow-dog tackles him to the ground, pinning him there. He struggles at first but one short growl from Coal is enough to stop any resistance.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:12 pm

Ainsley snatched what was clearly a keycard off the man, and held it up with a flourish to present it to the ladies.
Ainsley Green

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:41 am

"If it gets us inside, then everybody move. I don't know how long Tereza can block the grates."
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:18 am

Tereza continues throwing up ice hillocks in the creatures' way, falling back towards the door. "Grab the guy and let's get inside."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Postby Narrator » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:19 pm

With a terrified Phil in tow and countless snakipedes on their heels, the team scrambles inside. Slamming the door shut on one poor critter, cutting it in half, the horrible rattling sound is mercifully muffled.

The room they are now in is a spacious supply area with large avenues between shelves for moving crates. There are several exits marked with signs reading "'Offices," Maintenance," and "Medical."

Phil swallows hard and says, "I'll do anything y-you want, j-just please don't hurt me."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:21 pm

Ainsley took Phil by the back of his labcoat and shook him hard, mostly just to spook him, then looked at Sam with a wide grin, clearly waiting for approval of some kind.
Ainsley Green

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:09 pm

"You'll have to excuse my associate here," the talking mongoose says.

"He'd heard what was being done to animals in this facility, and he's more in-tune than most with them. So as you can see, being here has made him... excitable."

"Now, if you were to tell us how we might access the lower levels, he might be far more agreeable..."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:48 pm

"I d-don't know what you're talking about," he answers, "I don't know where you get your information but we don't hurt the animals here. And the only lower level is for storage." The waves of fear and confusion coming off the man tell Sam that he honestly doesn't know what goes on below.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:07 pm

Unaware of Phil's honesty in the same fashion that Sam is, Ainsley shakes him again, following up with a menacing scowl.
Ainsley Green

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:12 pm

"Oh? Are hybrid snake-centipedes just de rigueur for your days here?"

"You saw where those were pouring out of, didn't you?"

"Tell me, does your card allow access to storage?"
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:22 pm

"Y-yes... but I don't know what those things were, I swear!"

Again this feels true to Sam, but at the same time, it feels as if there is something niggling at his mind that he isn't saying.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:38 pm

"But you're not telling us everything, are you?"

"What are you trying to hide?"
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Ainsley Green » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:43 pm

Ainsley picks up on his lacking honestly now thanks to Sam, and looks at coat.

"Give him a spook, but don't hurt him, Coal. He's lying." He asks Coal.
Ainsley Green

Postby Narrator » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:25 pm

Coal growls softly and the zoo employee yelps. "Okay! Okay! This place is weird! Animals go missing, management doesn't care, parts of the park are closed off for construction despite me never seeing a single worker, and every now and then I hear things through the vents... almost like voices..."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:23 am

"And the money was too good for you to ask any questions," Tereza growls from where she's keeping a lookout.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Narrator » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:11 pm

Phil doesn't say anything in his defense.

"I... won't have this job after the X-Men are through with the place, will I? So I might as well help if I can."

"Mister Maclaren is an arsehole anyway."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Tereza glances at him, then at the Sam-goose. "Probably as good as we're going to get."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:30 pm

"Aye. Make sure we've got his key-card, and let's go below."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:49 pm

With his keycard in Ainsley's capable hands, Phil leads the team to the loading dock's spacious freight elevator.

Inside, Tereza's nose picks up the faint remnant of Tosh's scent. There are only two buttons by the door: "G" and "B." Below those is a locked service panel.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:23 pm

"They definitely brought Tosh through here," Tereza comments, glancing around the interior of the elevator like, well, a caged animal.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Ainsley Green » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:22 am

Ainsley in turn kept his eye out of things that would normally be found living in the walls of any indoor facility.

Runaway lab mice were always a good source of information.
Ainsley Green

Postby Narrator » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:31 am

Something with the simplistic, barely perceptible chatter of an arachnid is crouched In a corner above. It gives the impression of being defensive of its meal.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:51 am

"Oi." Ainsley addresses Sam before stopping abruptly to stare at the spider in the corner. He then reached out to it.

"No want feed. Need help." He replied. His spider-talk was better than some of his other insect dialects, but it wasn't great.
Ainsley Green

Postby Narrator » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:56 am

The little black spider's tone relaxes into one of curiosity and hesitant cooperation.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:12 am

"Need find-" Ainsley paused, trying to find the right word. Spiders didn't have friends.

"Clutch-mate. Smells like-"
Fuck, they don't know what sharks are either. Fish? No...

"Storm. Smells like storms."
He finally decides upon, hoping the spider would make a correlation between lightning and Tosh's primary ability.

"Might look big and scary, hairless, sharp teeth, or might look small, for a people. Seen him?"
Ainsley Green

Postby Narrator » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:34 am

The arachnid seems to understand, after a fashion. It conveys that several unnatural creatures took such a being down with the moving, lower than the humans usually go.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:46 am

Ainsley addressed Sam, taking a pin out of his hand and jabbing himself in the finger with it as he did.

"She says he was taken to a lower level than they usually take humans. It could be B, but I bet there's something behind that panel that makes this blighter go lower still.

I need someone to lift me up to that web."
Ainsley Green

Postby Narrator » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:00 am

Coal offers his back as a stepping stool and helps Ainsley to reach the web. The spider crawls back a little before hesitantly inching closer, eager for the drop of tasty blood.

Anyone examining the lock on the maintenance panel would find it requires a standard key and can thus be picked.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:51 pm

Tereza looks at the lock, "Anything you can do with this, Robin?"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:43 pm

"A place like this needs higher security if it's going to keep us out," Will said, jamming his finger into the lock and expanding to hit the tumblers. "Let's move."
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Narrator » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:59 pm

It takes some ingenuity, and a hell of a lot of guesswork, but the team figures out how to manipulate the electronic guts of the unlocked panel to send the elevator to the hidden second basement level.

The door opens at the bottom to reveal a nondescript hallway. A hallway blocked by guards in tactical armor armed with rifles. Some of them are even human.

Behind them stands a slender guard with some very simian features. "Not one inch further X-Men," says the monkey-man.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:09 pm

"We're in the UK; surely, you should use the metric system by now," Will said, though he paused. "I take it you're the welcoming committee?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:18 pm

"Insofar as we're here to say you aren't welcome. But I'm sure the crawlies told you as much."

"Now... do we need to use force?"
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:23 pm

"Not at all. You can just take us to our friend and surrender peaceably; it's all the same to me."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:03 am

"I could be up for using some force," Tereza says, grinning over Will's shoulder at the guards.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:47 am

"Well then, have it your way," says the monkey man with a vicious smile before adding, "Open fire."

Bullets fly from their respective rifles like a swarm of wasps.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:46 am

Naturally, Ainsley ducks for cover.

He also starts searching for the sounds of trapped animals. That seemed to be this places' 'bag'.
Ainsley Green

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:00 pm

Will hit the floor as quickly as he could, flattening and slithering along to close the gap between him and the armed guards, planning on taking them out from below.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:26 pm

Tereza ducks back behind the wall of the elevator, back to one of the panels as she blindly launches some shards of ice at the bad guys.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:44 pm

Ainsley Green wrote:Naturally, Ainsley ducks for cover.

He also starts searching for the sounds of trapped animals. That seemed to be this places' 'bag'.

In the distance, he hears the rough, threatening snarl of an annoyed big cat and the weird barks of the crow-dogs.

Will Stanton wrote:Will hit the floor as quickly as he could, flattening and slithering along to close the gap between him and the armed guards, planning on taking them out from below.

A less intelligent guard shoots down into the oozing Will, accomplishing nothing but spraying tiny bits of clay around. The monkey hybrid, however, brings up a stun baton and sticks it into a hole in thin air. Another hole opens above Will and the end of the baton stabs down at him.

Tereza Rozanov wrote:Tereza ducks back behind the wall of the elevator, back to one of the panels as she blindly launches some shards of ice at the bad guys.

There is a bestial grunt of pain and the half-rat stupidly shooting the floor grabs his arm, where a dagger of ice is now lodged.
Narrator
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to The British Isles