[Issue] We Fought A Zoo

Scenes taking place outside of London or Muir, but still on the Islands.

Re: We Fought A Zoo

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:37 am

Robin Stanton wrote:"Yeah that's a no-go, Mr. Intercom. We won't leave our friend behind." she says and, realizing what she has started goes on singing and aggressively doing the robot at any cameras or speakers she might be able to spot in the room.

"Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're are no friends of mine!"

The wolf actually chuckles and then positions herself closer to the door. "You want him, you have to come through us."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Postby Narrator » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Robin Stanton wrote:"Yeah that's a no-go, Mr. Intercom. We won't leave our friend behind." she says and, realizing what she has started goes on singing and aggressively doing the robot at any cameras or speakers she might be able to spot in the room.

"Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're are no friends of mine!"

Tereza Rozanov wrote:The wolf actually chuckles and then positions herself closer to the door. "You want him, you have to come through us."

"You can't stay in there forever. Sooner or later you'll have to come out and face us. I'd rather not have to use the knockout gas. He's already sedated. The combination could be... detrimental, but I will risk it," replies the voice.

Ainsley Green wrote:"We already are one." Ainsley replied, looking at Coal but refraining from querying the creature. "Being one of the higher beings in the cycle burdens us with responsibility of knowing the cycle, but it does not make us different from other beasts. Fabricating new things will only serve to disrupt the balance further. The world isn't meant for rapid evolution.

Look how long it took to make us."
Aisnley paused for a moment to let it sink in.

"Come'on mate, I can tell your heart ain't in this. Bail. I aint gonna say nothing if you do."

The birdman is silent for a time. "I never signed up for forcing this on anyone, or for turning a kid into a blood bag. But I can't just leave. My girl Stormy is here too."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Narrator wrote:The birdman is silent for a time. "I never signed up for forcing this on anyone, or for turning a kid into a blood bag. But I can't just leave. My girl Stormy is here too."

"Well then, let's go get her and get gone, eh?" Ainsley replied.
Ainsley Green

Postby Robin Stanton » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:15 pm

"Yo, cow-brain, you're talking to a bunch of shapeshifters." she shouts at the room at large before dropping her voice some.

"We are sitting ducks down here. But those chucklefucks didn't set up this lab and if we just rescue Tosh we're kind leaving them to keep going with this non-sense. Dad and me can haz-mat-suit two people and walk Shark-Boy around even if we can't get him to wake up right now..."
Robin Stanton
Student

High Concept: Resilient Showoff
Aspect: Born into Weirdness
Aspect: A 'Better' Future

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:03 pm

"Need to find Ainsley, need to protect Tosh. I can keep them busy," Tereza says, glancing at Sam.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:14 pm

"If we keep moving we can stay ahead of the gas. We haven't encountered much psi-shielding yet. I think I can find Ainsley, and get us pointed at the minotaur," she says, casting her mind out.

"Ainsley? We need to move."
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:32 pm

"Minotaur's probably at the center of all this, if he's playing to type."
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Narrator » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:36 pm

Ainsley Green wrote:"Well then, let's go get her and get gone, eh?" Ainsley replied.

"Alright guys. Let's give these X-Men a hand," the birdman says to the crow-dogs.

To Ainsley, he adds as he turns to leave, "Follow me. The way you came is blocked and your friends are going to need backup."

Robin Stanton wrote:"Yo, cow-brain, you're talking to a bunch of shapeshifters." she shouts at the room at large before dropping her voice some.

"We are sitting ducks down here. But those chucklefucks didn't set up this lab and if we just rescue Tosh we're kind leaving them to keep going with this non-sense. Dad and me can haz-mat-suit two people and walk Shark-Boy around even if we can't get him to wake up right now..."
Tereza Rozanov wrote:"Need to find Ainsley, need to protect Tosh. I can keep them busy," Tereza says, glancing at Sam.
Samantha McManus wrote:"If we keep moving we can stay ahead of the gas. We haven't encountered much psi-shielding yet. I think I can find Ainsley, and get us pointed at the minotaur," she says, casting her mind out.

"Ainsley? We need to move."
Will Stanton wrote:"Minotaur's probably at the center of all this, if he's playing to type."

Sam finds the minotaur in the arena opposite the lab, and he is far from alone. All save two from the racetrack and many more unfamiliar minds. With Ainsley is the crow-man.

As she mind-scans the area, a gas begins filtering into the room without further warning.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:48 pm

"Right, time to go, now," Will said, helping Robin prop Tosh up. "Get yer orders in; last call."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Ainsley Green » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:02 pm

"Yes, but we need to find the bird-blokes daughter! Didja see any other young people? She's named Stormy."

Ainsley nods at his new mate and follows his instruction.
Ainsley Green

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:36 pm

"They're trying to herd us to the arena," Sam says, heading for the door.

"They're going to get more than they bargained for..."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:40 pm

"Stormy? Like, the birdperson, Stormy? Or are there two Stormys floating around?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:42 pm

"Well if he's the bird guy, that's probably the one..." she says as she opens the door, hurrying through. "Get Tosh moving!"
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:08 pm

"Time to take the bull by the horns," Tereza growls as she follows close to Sam.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:30 pm

"Robin, this one's on you. Get Tosh's butt up and out here," Will said, following the bird and wolf.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:53 am

"Aww man, just evac? I wanna make him punch!" she says as she stretches out and envelops Tosh in a yellow AIM-style suit and starts moving with slow, initially kind of awkward steps.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:08 am

"Not on the first date, young lady."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:35 am

The group exits the lab, with Robin piloting the floppy Tosh like Uncle Bernie. The large room between the lab and arena now has all the other exits blocked by what almost look like blast doors. Nowhere to go but forward.

The first one into the hexagonal bare concrete room serving as the facility's training area finds a host of the animal hybrids waiting. The minotaur is flanked by Hellhound on one side, and an unknown lizard hybrid with two huge pincers and two smaller arms below those. Behind the trio are the electric hawk woman called Stormy by the crow, the octopus-faced Flayer, and several others including the stupid rat-man and a werebear.

Taurus coldly says, "Nice of you to deign to join us."

"Ah! The X-Men! Good! Good!" interrupts a voice through the com system, "Not the best thing that you brought Shiro, but you'll still provide excellent data on the capabilities of my children. Won't they Taurus?"

"Assuming they survive long enough," the minotaur sneers.

"Don't be overconfident. It ill behooves you," the voice answers.

Taurus rolls his eyes, but says, "Of course, Doctor. Everyone, feel free to play with them a little."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Tereza raises up to her full height, eyeing the assembled group. "They have us outnumbered." Her lips curl into something that might be a smile, "It's amusing that they think that will matter, Morrigan."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:39 pm

"Aww man! Beastmen-Arena and I'm stuck lugging Ol' Nerdy Shark around!" the containment-suit complains.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:58 pm

"There's a bit of a problem with your plan," Sam says.

"You see, you think we're over here..."

She reaches out to the more weak-willed of the creatures present and tries to switch their perception of the group to that of the crew that kidnapped Tosh. Correspondingly she attempts to make them perceive the minotaur and company as the rescue party.

"...when really we're already over here."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:02 pm

Robin Stanton wrote:"Aww man! Beastmen-Arena and I'm stuck lugging Ol' Nerdy Shark around!" the containment-suit complains.

"Well, improvise, then!" Will said, taking position behind the others as Things Got Ready To Kick Off (tm)
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:04 pm

Several look back and forth in confusion between the group and their comrades. "We''ve got 'em surrounded!" one exclaims and the affected hybrids ready their various powers. The hulking lizard-crab turns a confused eye towards Taurus, extending thick, crackling whips of red energy from his pincers. Suddenly Sam gets the impression of tentacles wrapping around the minds, tethering them to reality. The beast people all turn hateful eyes at Sam.

"Oh just kill them already," Taurus growls, stepping back into the throng as the rest surge past him.

Hellhound blazes and goes straight for Tereza with the bear lumbering after him.

The crabby reptile rushes Sam, sending an energy whip crashing in her direction.

"Stormy" runs at Will, throwing a lightning bolt at his chest. The rat-man darts around by her side, starting to drool something green that melts holes in the floor.

Flayer hangs back to run psychic interference, guarded by Taurus and two small and identical insectile beings.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Robin Stanton » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:32 pm

Robin might be handicapped, but being outnumbered she's not just going to hang back. Tosh'll probably forgive her a couple of bumps and bruises, right? Slow to get going she breaks into a lumbering sprint towards Hellhound. Fire melts ice, that's just Physics, so let the Russian Werewolf deal with just the bear. Still getting used to the dead weight inside of her she opts to just tackle right into the charging monster.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:55 pm

"I knew a guy like you," Tereza-wolf says, dodging to the side as Robin comes barreling through. She brings her fist around in a right cross on the bear, the fist coating with ice just before the attempted impact. "He was an asshole too."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:33 am

Narrator wrote:"Stormy" runs at Will, throwing a lightning bolt at his chest. The rat-man darts around by her side, starting to drool something green that melts holes in the floor. .

Will hit the ground, trying to avoid getting electrocuted from Stormy's lightning bolt. He wasn't going to be able to keep dodging forever, though; this called for a plan B.

Stretching a hand out, he tried to wrap himself around the rat-man's face as an impromptu muzzle. "Looks like someone's overdue for their annual dental hygiene checkup!"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:43 pm

Sam, in spite of being form-locked at the moment, is a mongoose.

As such, she's primed to move well before the energy whip comes down, leaping aside and tensing before jumping for the creature's back.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Robin Stanton wrote:Robin might be handicapped, but being outnumbered she's not just going to hang back. Tosh'll probably forgive her a couple of bumps and bruises, right? Slow to get going she breaks into a lumbering sprint towards Hellhound. Fire melts ice, that's just Physics, so let the Russian Werewolf deal with just the bear. Still getting used to the dead weight inside of her she opts to just tackle right into the charging monster.

Hellhound may be heavier, but Robin's tackle catches the devilish wolf just right to send him into an unbalanced stumble. However, he still manages a flaming backhand that sends her reeling as well. He falls to all fours and, with a howl of indignant fury, he lunges after her.

Tereza Rozanov wrote:"I knew a guy like you," Tereza-wolf says, dodging to the side as Robin comes barreling through. She brings her fist around in a right cross on the bear, the fist coating with ice just before the attempted impact. "He was an asshole too."

The bear takes the hit on a shoulder that seems as solid as an oak, or as close as flesh can be. She growls in annoyance, grabs Tereza by the arm, and twists, throwing the werewolf towards the nearest wall. "I'm a woman, bitch!" she roars.

Will Stanton wrote:Will hit the ground, trying to avoid getting electrocuted from Stormy's lightning bolt. He wasn't going to be able to keep dodging forever, though; this called for a plan B.

Stretching a hand out, he tried to wrap himself around the rat-man's face as an impromptu muzzle. "Looks like someone's overdue for their annual dental hygiene checkup!"

As Will dramatically slides right under the lightning bolt, he sees several shapes on the ceiling but can't see them clearly through the bright electric glow. The rat fails to avoid the attack, but his acidic saliva is painfully burning away at the polymorph as the squealing hybrid claws at the muzzle.

Samantha McManus wrote:Sam, in spite of being form-locked at the moment, is a mongoose.

As such, she's primed to move well before the energy whip comes down, leaping aside and tensing before jumping for the creature's back.

A third insectoid dives at the leaping mongoose, knocking her away from her target.

"I don't need your help Locust!" the lizard-thing complains.

All of the insectoid's buzz in unison, "It's called teamwork dear Karkinos."

Meanwhile, Ainsley and company race down a broad hallway that the crow-man promises will lead them to where the groups are doing battle.

"Not much further," Jack, or so the birdman calls himself, reports.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:53 pm

Tereza slams into the wall, cracking the concrete slightly. As she pulls herself back up, a few bones crack back into place. "My apologies," Tereza says, lunging forward, veering to the bear-woman's left. As she darts part, she makes a grab for her leg, letting her claws help with the grip as she tries to yank the bear off balance.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:13 pm

Narrator wrote:Hellhound may be heavier, but Robin's tackle catches the devilish wolf just right to send him into an unbalanced stumble. However, he still manages a flaming backhand that sends her reeling as well. He falls to all fours and, with a howl of indignant fury, he lunges after her.

"If you're awake, I'm sorry about this one, Tosh." Robin says as she pulls the both of them back to their feet from the blow, staggering a little. And then she turns the entire suit into solid metal, taking away any flex or give with her (and Tosh's) arms raises in front of their head to form an even more reinforced spot to brace for Hellhound's pounce.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:57 pm

Narrator wrote:As Will dramatically slides right under the lightning bolt, he sees several shapes on the ceiling but can't see them clearly through the bright electric glow. The rat fails to avoid the attack, but his acidic saliva is painfully burning away at the polymorph as the squealing hybrid claws at the muzzle.

Will swore as the acid started burning away his hand. It was going to be a race between the acid's burning properties and Will's regenerative properties. Will was confident he could last for a while like this -- ask him how! Totally fun story! -- but still, the quicker he dealt with the rat-thing, the better.

Swinging his muzzle-arm around, he tried to slam the acidrat into Stormy, knocking out two birds with one stone. Or something. Animal metaphors are hard in this situation.

This did, of course, meant that he wasn't paying attention to the things on the ceiling, leaving him open for counterattack. But a man can only do so much, you know?
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Ainsley Green » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:08 am

Ainsley doesn't seem particularly put off by the situation, but he does realize he's placing his trust in a relative stranger.... probably not best planning really.

Oh well. Better to die the hero then see himself become the villain.
Ainsley Green

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:26 pm

Sam goes tumbling as the insectile thing knocks her away, and her form wavers and splits into three mongooses of equal size, hued in red, black, and white.

"If that's how it has to be, that's how it has to be," they say equally in unison as they circle around the lizard-crab and its erstwhile ally.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Tereza Rozanov wrote:Tereza slams into the wall, cracking the concrete slightly. As she pulls herself back up, a few bones crack back into place. "My apologies," Tereza says, lunging forward, veering to the bear-woman's left. As she darts part, she makes a grab for her leg, letting her claws help with the grip as she tries to yank the bear off balance.

The bear-woman lets out an undignified yelp as she loses her balance and crashes heavily to the ground. She wastes no time in rolling over and kicking at Tereza's legs in return.

Robin Stanton wrote:"If you're awake, I'm sorry about this one, Tosh." Robin says as she pulls the both of them back to their feet from the blow, staggering a little. And then she turns the entire suit into solid metal, taking away any flex or give with her (and Tosh's) arms raises in front of their head to form an even more reinforced spot to brace for Hellhound's pounce.

The savage fire-wolf drives hard into Robin with a flaming shoulder tackle, sending her sliding backward and rapidly heating the metal. Sure, she was safe, but Tosh would soon be getting oven-roasted. Her passenger dreamily groans, "Turn on the AC, dad..."

Will Stanton wrote:Will swore as the acid started burning away his hand. It was going to be a race between the acid's burning properties and Will's regenerative properties. Will was confident he could last for a while like this -- ask him how! Totally fun story! -- but still, the quicker he dealt with the rat-thing, the better.

Swinging his muzzle-arm around, he tried to slam the acidrat into Stormy, knocking out two birds with one stone. Or something. Animal metaphors are hard in this situation.

This did, of course, meant that he wasn't paying attention to the things on the ceiling, leaving him open for counterattack. But a man can only do so much, you know?

The two colliding hybrids roll across the floor in a tangle of limbs. But the small victory is cut short as the two remaining insectoids dive for him, whipping past and slicing with sharp limbs.

Samantha McManus wrote:Sam goes tumbling as the insectile thing knocks her away, and her form wavers and splits into three mongooses of equal size, hued in red, black, and white.

"If that's how it has to be, that's how it has to be," they say equally in unison as they circle around the lizard-crab and its erstwhile ally.

Karkinos sends both of his whips at the black and white mongooses. The Locust drone, far more agile than crabzilla, speeds for the red with its sharp forelimbs extended.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Robin Stanton » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Slow-roasting Tosh is out of the question and even if it wasn't, Robin is getting uncomfortably hot. On the upside, it's making the metal more flexible and she rears her head back a little before head-butting the wolf square in the noggin. "This is no way to get a-head in life!" she informs him.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:50 pm

Toshiro Narumi wrote:The two colliding hybrids roll across the floor in a tangle of limbs. But the small victory is cut short as the two remaining insectoids dive for him, whipping past and slicing with sharp limbs.

It's like a hot knife through butter, limbs sliding right through Will....at least, at first.

As they reached roughly the half-way point in their slice, Will's clay would firm up, attempting to trap the insectoids' limbs inside.

Theoretically, with multiple insectoids trapped inside and the rat thing clamping down on his right hand, Will would be more of a pincushion than an X-Man, but he was hoping it would take them out of the fight and let the others operate more freely. Of course, putting up a defense with so many baddies trapped on him in one way or another would be next-to-impossible.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:31 am

Toshiro Narumi wrote:The bear-woman lets out an undignified yelp as she loses her balance and crashes heavily to the ground. She wastes no time in rolling over and kicking at Tereza's legs in return.

Tereza rips her claws free as she skids and rolls away. She scrambles back up to all fours, launching herself back forward, trying to give her opponent as little time to recover as she can as she harries her prey. Nevermind that the prey is significantly larger than her mass-wise.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:39 pm

The separate mongooses are slightly slower to react, the crab creature closer to hitting the mark, keeping them on their toes. Still, they're moving as he lashes out, and they're trying to get him tangled in his own whips.

The third mongoose is already bracing for the insectile being as it leaps, trying to grip its forelimbs and deliver a kick to its abdomen, rolling as it does so.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:39 pm

Robin Stanton wrote:Slow-roasting Tosh is out of the question and even if it wasn't, Robin is getting uncomfortably hot. On the upside, it's making the metal more flexible and she rears her head back a little before head-butting the wolf square in the noggin. "This is no way to get a-head in life!" she informs him.

Hellhound reels, disoriented for a brief moment before glaring at Robin with a snarl. "Screw the serum. This ends now!" he roars, igniting like a torch. The flaming beast stalks forward in a crouch, carving red-hot gouges in the concrete with his claws. He leaps again, this time with the clear intention of murder.

Taurus curses and charges in that direction.

Will Stanton wrote:It's like a hot knife through butter, limbs sliding right through Will....at least, at first.

As they reached roughly the half-way point in their slice, Will's clay would firm up, attempting to trap the insectoids' limbs inside.

Theoretically, with multiple insectoids trapped inside and the rat thing clamping down on his right hand, Will would be more of a pincushion than an X-Man, but he was hoping it would take them out of the fight and let the others operate more freely. Of course, putting up a defense with so many baddies trapped on him in one way or another would be next-to-impossible.

The trapped Locust drones suddenly vanish with a pop and the others in the arena grow larger and more humanoid. Then Stormy, now on her feet, throws more lightning Will's way, despite her trapped ally.

Tereza Rozanov wrote:Tereza rips her claws free as she skids and rolls away. She scrambles back up to all fours, launching herself back forward, trying to give her opponent as little time to recover as she can as she harries her prey. Nevermind that the prey is significantly larger than her mass-wise.

The bear makes it to all fours and swipes a massive paw-hand at Tereza. The claws extend to a length like short swords, giving the bear unexpected reach.

Samantha McManus wrote:The separate mongooses are slightly slower to react, the crab creature closer to hitting the mark, keeping them on their toes. Still, they're moving as he lashes out, and they're trying to get him tangled in his own whips.

The third mongoose is already bracing for the insectile being as it leaps, trying to grip its forelimbs and deliver a kick to its abdomen, rolling as it does so.

Karkinos almost gets lucky and snaps a whip around a mongoose. But instead crosses two whips, causing a small explosion at the point of contact and sending feedback up the whips, stunning the creature.

The red mongoose is not as lucky. The insectoid changes shape just in time to throw off Sam's aim and grab her instead. Diminished mandibles snap at the now smaller creature before Locust throws her.

Ainsley and "Jack" part ways at an intersection with the latter told to go on ahead. Jack needs to be the one to open the gate to the arena that was used to let animals in.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ainsley Green » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:46 pm

Ainsley did as he was told.

At first he was frightened at being alone, but the quick realization that all the talon-clicks on tile he heard behind him were with him, he realized he had all the back up he need.

And so he continued to barrel in the direction Jack instructed as fast as he could
Ainsley Green

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to The British Isles