[Plot] Chelmsford Visitations

Scenes taking place outside of London or Muir, but still on the Islands.

[Plot] Chelmsford Visitations

Postby The Book of Sins » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:05 am

One evening Erica would find her office locked as usual but when she steps inside there is a visitor waiting for her none the less. A small, maybe 4 foot tall man in a tuxedo is sitting on her desk with his legs folded underneath him, which can't be too comfortable in his fancy wingtip dress-shoes. He's going through some (mundane) business papers when she comes in and looks up, tossing the papers aside.

"A pleasant eve to you, Miss Carlisle." he says with a broad grin.
The Book of Sins

Re: Chelmsford Visitations

Postby Erica Carlisle » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:08 am

"You better have a very good reason for showing your face here. You know I have no interest in your wares," she says, eyes narrowing dangerously.
Erica Carlisle

Postby The Book of Sins » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:27 am

"Oh pish posh. You have no interest in my prices, more like." the little man says, the grin never leaving his face.

"But no, I'm just here out of professional courtesy. Touching base, one might say. Word is a fresh little Child has found herself a rather... ironic Guardian around these parts."
The Book of Sins

Postby Erica Carlisle » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:31 am

"I might have heard a thing or two about something like that. I doubt she has any more interest in your overpriced goods than I do."
Erica Carlisle

Postby The Book of Sins » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:43 am

"Oh most certainly not. But I suppose you didn't hear then. I'm all sold out!" he exclaims, grin somehow growing even wider.

"But I do recall you much value your own survival, so as a... show of good faith I thought I shall let you know that the Key is forged and even a lock the size of a mountain can be opened. You've always walked the line quite well, but it might be time to rethink your allegiances."
The Book of Sins

Postby Erica Carlisle » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:52 am

"I believe I'll be keeping my allegiances exactly where they lie. With myself. What fool did you find to forge the Key for you? I'd like to make them suffer a bit before you end the world."
Erica Carlisle

Postby The Book of Sins » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:06 am

"Oh you'll love this one!" he says, jumping to his feet, which puts him roughly at eye-level with Erica, thanks to the added height of the table.

"It's the fledgling Guardian who traded away the blood in which it was forged over and over and over! And all for just a shaggy pelt." he snickers.
The Book of Sins

Postby Erica Carlisle » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:14 am

Erica somehow frowns even more, "That's a very long play. I'm sure your master is at the end of its patience with you."
Erica Carlisle

Postby The Book of Sins » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:45 am

"What's a couple hundred years to a God. And the offer is on the table. I know you like your contingencies. There is not a chance you're putting all your eggs in the little Raven's basket."
The Book of Sins

Postby Erica Carlisle » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:59 am

"I have a number of baskets at my disposal, but I have no intention of riding to hell in yours. And the 'little Raven' is not the only one you have to be concerned about."
Erica Carlisle

Postby The Book of Sins » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:24 am

"Well I'll be, is Erica Carlisle taking the tiniest bit of a stand? It truly is the end of the world as we know it!" he laughs.
The Book of Sins

Postby Erica Carlisle » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:31 am

"Enjoying the world does require its continued existence."
Erica Carlisle

Postby The Book of Sins » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:17 am

"Who said anything about destruction! Tsk tsk tsk. No, dear Erica. My Lord and Master simply seeks to reclaim what is rightfully his. There'll be plenty boons and delights for it's most loyal followers, even the opportunistic ones." the dwarf says, raising his eyebrows.
The Book of Sins

Postby Erica Carlisle » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:25 pm

"I imagine it would seem that way, but then your gifts and bargains are rarely what they seem, aren't they?"
Erica Carlisle

Postby The Book of Sins » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:12 pm

"Come now, Erica, I would never insult you by taking you for a fool. From one old mage to another. All my strings are spend, attached and waiting to be pulled. No cost or hidden price, all you need do to garner favor is sit back and not interfere. It's only a bargain in the sense that these buffoons have twisted the meaning of the word."
The Book of Sins

Postby Erica Carlisle » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:35 pm

"You're asking me to fiddle while Rome burns?"
Erica Carlisle

Postby The Book of Sins » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:04 pm

"You're not a fire-fighter. And it'd be such a waste of talent to see you burn."
The Book of Sins

Postby Erica Carlisle » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:22 pm

Erica looks at her visitor for a long moment, "Consider your message delivered then. It will be taken under advisement."
Erica Carlisle

Postby The Book of Sins » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:35 pm

"Fabulous!" he grins and claps his hands loudly, the sound echoing in the room and when it fades the dwarf is gone.
The Book of Sins

Topic attributes:

Return to The British Isles