[Plot] The Right Place In The Wrong Time

Scenes taking place outside of London or Muir, but still on the Islands.

[Plot] The Right Place In The Wrong Time

Postby Narrator » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:57 am

Getting a ferry to Northern Ireland is pretty easy from the rest of the United Kingdom and Vivienne doesn't have much trouble hitch-hiking the rest of the way to Tullyhogue village near the site of Tullyhogue Fort, a place her mother's archivist believes may hold a crossing into the story she's seeking. The mound of the young warriors itself seems to be watching her as she approaches the trees ringing it. The sound of sheep bleating tickles her wolf's hearing and she has to reign it back in as she shoulders the backpack of provisions her mother provided for her.
Narrator
Site Admin

Re: The Right Place In The Wrong Time

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:50 pm

Vivienne takes a deep breath and weaves a spell of sight to allow her to see the magical layers of the location.

"Food later, safety first." She softly scolded herself.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:53 pm

It takes some time to pierce the veil here, the magic seems to actively resist what she can do and she has to reweave several times in order to get even a glimpse. This place is old magic, royalty was crowned here and that's seeped into everything. Still, the magic of this place tugs on another part of her and she can feel her wolf wanting to respond.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:05 am

She found a sheltered spot just outside the outer most ring of tree, deciding to eat now would be wise. With magic this old the pull of the story would be hard to deny and there were portions she did not want to recreate to soothe it. She finished, hid her belongings and shifted.

"Alright...British werewolf...in Ireland...searching for a ring." She pushed with her magic as she stepped one large paw after another into the ring of trees.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:38 am

The air ripples as she passes through the ring and the gaze on her becomes more intense. She steps from a cloudy day into bright sunshine. As she assesses her surroundings, she becomes aware of three horses standing off to one side. One of the horses has hunting clothes thrown over the saddle. The other two horses are occupied by their riders. Tereza sits on a dappled grey, dressed in a medieval gown and sitting side saddle. Behind her and slightly to one side, Sam, in the attire of a medieval squire watches passively.

As she hesitates, trying to orient herself to the change of scene and place, Tereza gestures with a finger that wears a ring with a forest green stone on it. "Melion, my love, if you do not hurry, the stag will be away and even an accomplished hunter like you will not find it."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:11 am

“Oh, so this is how you’re going to be.” She spoke silently to no one in particular as she allowed the magic to move over and through her. She bowed her head to “her” lady and turned towards the scent of stag.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:15 am

"I wouldn't worry," Sam nods, "Melion has never missed a mark."
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:24 am

"I'm not worried," she says, smiling at Sam perhaps too warmly.

The scent of the stag led her off into the woods and as Vivienne followed it, she catches sight of the magnificent beast snaking between the trees to try to evade her.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:31 pm

An incredible sense of love, pride and confidence filled her. She was going to bring this gift to her bride. She would do anything for her. The tale will delight her children, the trophy will adorn her hall. This would be a great hunt. She took off into the green.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:44 pm

The stag is a wily creature, one of the proverbial old lords of the forest. He leads her or a merry chase before she finally brings him to ground, her jaws crunching bone as she brings him down.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:53 am

Vivienne was gave her head a violent shake insuring a clean kill. She then took a moment to clean the gore from her face and the stag before beginning the trek back to her beloved with her prize.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:06 am

It takes her a bit to find her way back. The stag is heavy, but that's nothing really to werewolf strength. But when she reaches where she left them, she finds nothing. No horses, no clothes, no squire, and no bride. Part of her brain knows that she should have expected this. But the magic is strong, preying on old forgiven hurt and making it feel very real and very now.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:51 pm

Vivienne's heart broke "again" as she cried out in a long pained howl.

"No! My beloved! Why? What of our children? How could you do this to me again."

"Again?", her mind softly echoed

"Of all people, why Samantha?"

"Samantha?

"She was my servant!"

"Servant?"

The echoed questions of her own mind rang louder and louder until the magic thinned.

"You have my respect, you're a nasty bit of work, but I need that ring." She grumbled and shook her head clearing the fog a moment before opening herself to the magic again.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Nimue Chinnoir » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:08 pm

The magic scrutinizes her and she can feel it pulling her back into the story. The next few 'months' are a blur of finding others of her kind and the fight to survive as well as pursuing revenge. But the pursuit is not without cost as the others fall away and eventually, she is left alone, hounded by the king's men.

And then she's there, Nimue, the Lady of the Lake, on horse-back, Caledfwich on her hip as a small contingent of other knights begin hemming Vivienne in, backing her against a rock wall. "You've terrorized long enough, beast," she says, angling a spear at Vivienne.
Nimue Chinnoir

High Concept: The Lady of the Lake
Aspect: We are all mad, here
Aspect: In exile

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:27 pm

Now that she knew the strength of the magic she kept herself in a careful balance. Letting it move her yet gently keeping her mind echoing the differences and inconsistencies between the realities.

"My Lady King. I have nothing left. Let me serve at your side once more." She made a bow, one foreleg bent, head lowered before making a careful move to the side of Nimue horse and resting her head against the Lady's leg.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Nimue Chinnoir » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:50 pm

The other knights move to separate her from Nimue, but Nimue holds up her hand to stop them. "A courtly wolf. I've never seen the like. You may travel with us. We ride to see the King of Ireland."

The magic stirs something in her. This is her chance. They will be there. She can finally have her revenge on those who betrayed her and left her like this.
Nimue Chinnoir

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:33 pm

She traveled with them, hunting for herself, never a burden. Bringing down the most beautiful and rare prey to lay at her King's feet. Eager for praise and so determined to prove her worth and loyalty.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:52 pm

She was treated with some level of respect by the king's guard and allowed to remain at the king's side as much as she pleased. When they reached the court, the King of Ireland came out to meet them and the pleasantries began to be exchanged. That's when Vivienne caught sight of Sam and Tereza trailing after the king, eyes focused on Nimue and holding each other's hand.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:56 pm

"Betrayers!" She growled and broke into a full run towards the two, teeth bared.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:15 pm

Tereza paled, stumbling away as everyone looked on in shock.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:30 pm

"Stay back, my love. I'll protect you from this... cur," Sam says, drawing her sword.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:48 pm

"My love! MIne!" She lept, her large forelegs aiming for her shoulders for a knock down.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:31 pm

Tereza scrambles back away from the impending fight in a most undignified manner.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:43 pm

Samantha braces herself, putting up the flat of her blade to meet Vivienne's leap.

"Come now, Melion. You taught me better than that," she hisses.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:04 pm

Luckily Vivienne was fairly light and flexable, she twisted her body, turning herself to plant her back feet into Sam's chest and kick off her to attempt to bite pull the sword away from Sam.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:48 pm

As she flips, she can see the soldiers of both kings starting to overcome their shock and beginning to head towards the battling pair.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:54 pm

The sword goes flying as Sam hits the ground hard.

"Whose idea was it to bring a wild animal into a king's court?" She asks, grunting as she tries to right herself.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:14 pm

Vivienne placed herself squarely over the sword, her teeth bared and growling.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Nimue Chinnoir » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:19 pm

"It was mine," Nimue says, moving between the two of them. "She was nothing but civil while we travelled here. In fact," she rests her hand on her sword's hilt, "she only became violent upon seeing you. Now why might that be?"
Nimue Chinnoir

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:33 pm

"It's been my pleasure to hunt for the princess during my time with the court. Clearly the beast takes umbrage at that."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:58 pm

Vivienne snort sneezed, shaking her head before picking up the blade and bring it to the King.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Nimue Chinnoir » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:03 pm

"That is an idea," Nimue says, reaching down to take the sword from Vivienne, "but I hunt. We hunted on the way here while she travelled with us. And again, it was only you she became aggressive with." She looks at the sword, "This is new. A fine enough blade." She levels it at Sam and the whole room tenses, "You swear on your life, your honor, and your sword that you have no idea why she would do that?"

Behind her, Sam can feel Tereza's worried eyes fixed on her.
Nimue Chinnoir

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:43 pm

At first Sam seems indignant, but as she meets Nimue's eyes it falters.

"I... I've been a fool. The princess beguiled me. Let that not put all blame on her, for it is my failing as well."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:49 pm

Nimue raises her eyebrow at Tereza and all faces turn towards her.

"I... have played a part in this," she says, managing to stand and fidgeting, spinning the green-stone ring on her finger. "I cannot undo all damage, but I can undo some of it." She looks towards the wolf, "If you will let me."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:48 am

She huffed loudly but nodded her head and stepped forward.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:59 am

She twists the ring to turn the stone down and she rests her hand and the ring on Vivienne's head. Some of the magic takes hold, forcing her back to her human form. Tereza takes the ring off, offering it to Nimue. "Your majesty, in payment for my folly," she bows her head as Nimue takes the ring, "I submit to the judgment of you and my father."

The King of Ireland nods to her and then to Nimue, "Your court is renowned for its justice. I leave this to your determination."

Nimue rests her free hand on Excalibur and looks at the ring in her other hand, "I recognize you now, Melion. The decision is yours." She holds the ring out to Vivienne, "You may take your vengeance if you desire for the hurt they have done to you."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:39 am

Viv quickly accepted a cloak from the nearest bannerman and stepped forward, accepting the ring.

"Perhaps, time as a wolf will serve you both well." She stood tall and reconsidered. Both courts were there, everyone saw, everyone knew.

"But I am a knight of Arthur Pendragon, I am better then petty vengeance. Sire, I return to you your daughter and gift you a swineherd. They betrayed me and wished to be free of me, now they are. I never wish to see either of them ever again."

The words came out of her mouth but her mind and heart screamed objections as she closed her hand tightly around the ring. Her true prize.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:51 am

As she gripped the ring tight, she felt it melt away and the scene slowly began to dissolve as someone behind her applauded. "Swineherd. Inventive. I like it," the voice was feminine. Viv still had her cloak and she could see her backpack not far away, but the tingle in the air told her she was still on the other side of the Veil.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:20 am

"I am honored to amuse." She said as she turned.

"Forgive me. I did not know this place had a guardian. Vivienne, Druid." She bowed
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:33 am

The woman appeared young, not much older than she was. She was dressed much as Tereza had been and there was a discolored area on one of her fingers as if she'd been wearing a ring for quite some time, though it was not immediately in evidence. "All stories have their tellers, an honor and a burden both. I would give you my name, but I'm afraid I lost it to time."
Narrator
Site Admin

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to The British Isles