One Reasonably-Sized, Perplexing Family

Mainland Europe, North America, Genosha and the rest of the World.

One Reasonably-Sized, Perplexing Family

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:51 am

Chisaki laid in the darkness of her room, her body bare of her trappings, cloaked only in her underthings and buried under a pile of blankets.

Code: Select all
uhh...  u get robbed or something?

She stared at her phone in a silence that threatened to crush her, the screen illuminating her face underneath the covers. the silence was broken by a comforting and familiar chiming sound she used as her ring tone. She played Diego's voicemail, though she didn't know why. Hearing his voice only made everything more painful.

He lingered in the hallway , subtly eavesdropping for the appropriate time to enter. When he no longer hear a boy's voice speaking, he slid in quietly, leaving the lights off. He sat down beside her, the side of his body brushing slightly against her back. "Are you in here talking to boys?" He whispered playfully in a conspiratorial tone towards where he thought her head might be, roughly.

"No." She murmured from under the covers with little emotion.

He leant his elbow into the crook of her waist but on top of the blankets casually, as if she were a piece of lounging furniture. "So how long so you intend to stay in bed do you think? I do so hate to be an annoyance but we rarely get visitors you know."

"Until I can think of a way to atone for my behavior."

He sighed, now leaning his other arm directly onto her hip, resting his weight against her. "You did everything you could, given the circumstances."

"... I failed you." She replied in a small, breaking voice.

"Watāme..." He addressed her, using their mutual favourite pet name, and pushed back the covers away from her face to find her crying.

She could see him now, a shape in the darkness. No glasses, but then, no eyes either. Too much shadow to be seen. He probably did it intentionally. But even in the darkness, having to face him after all of this was too much, and she shot upright from her spot to hug herself to him and break down into his chest.

He worked on positioning her into a more comfortable position and held her tightly as she cried into him, his hand cradling her head gently. He would let her cry as long as she needed to, and wouldn't speak again until she pulled away from him.

"I made you curry."

"Thank you... But I am not hungry."

"Buuuttttt there's chicken kaaattssssuuu....~" He replied sing-song into the darkness.

Chisaki choked out a laugh. " Why would she let you near hot oil...."

"I think she asks herself a similar question every time I enter the kitchen.

Come and eat when you are ready.... and text your friend back. I could hear it in his voice, he's worried about you."
Last edited by Basil Benson on Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Re: One Reasonably-Sized, Perplexing Family

Postby Kiwa Ealdwine » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:01 am

For her part, the matron of the house was less than sympathetic to Chisaki's plight. As such, she had sat herself at the dinner table and already started to eat. She didn't see a reason to starve because Chisaki was upset.

"It's ridiculous how you spoil her you know." She comments before shoving a portion of chicken into her mouth.
Kiwa Ealdwine

Postby Edmond Spencer » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:14 am

"Of course you think that." He replied as he entered the room after checking on Chisaki.

"You're jealous."
Edmond Spencer

Postby Kiwa Ealdwine » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:28 am

"Tsh." She replied dismissively.

"Of her? Hardly.

You're just so soft on her. She's not even a child anymore."
Last edited by Basil Benson on Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiwa Ealdwine

Postby Edmond Spencer » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:29 am

"Someone needs to be." He replied, making himself comfortable at the table. "Heaven knows you and her parents aren't the good cop."
Edmond Spencer

Postby Kiwa Ealdwine » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:51 am

Kiwa stared at him wearing a less than amused expression, a slice of chicken cutlet limply hanging from her lips. She decided to talk around it as it dangled there.

"Seriously though Eddie. She's not your cousin. What do you get out of it?"
Kiwa Ealdwine

Postby Edmond Spencer » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:57 am

Edmond was silent as he pondered the question, running his hand over his stubble as he thought. It eventually came to rest on the back of his neck.

The gracefully aging older man let off a long sigh. "Perhaps I'm just trying to make up for the things I should have done for someone else."
Edmond Spencer

Postby Kiwa Ealdwine » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:08 am

"Welp-" She paused for a moment to clean her teeth with her tongue.

"My warmest congratulations on finally honing your parenting skills."
Kiwa Ealdwine

Postby Edmond Spencer » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:17 am

Edmond chuckled, despite himself.

"You are such a stone cold bitch."
Edmond Spencer

Postby Kiwa Ealdwine » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:18 am

Kiwa smirked at the accusation.

"And you're a sentimental idiot who bends like a reed at any pretty face he sees.

Now eat your dinner before I decide to take you to bed without supper."
Kiwa Ealdwine

Postby Edmond Spencer » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:20 am

Edmond returned the order with a sarcastic salute. "Aye Aye Captain." Was his reply, followed by a suggestive eyebrow waggle.
Edmond Spencer

Topic attributes:

Return to The Rest of the World