[Plot] We Wear Masks to Hide our Feelings

Mainland Europe, North America, Genosha and the rest of the World.

Re: We Wear Masks to Hide our Feelings

Postby Masked Socialite » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:40 am

Jezabelle Sherlock wrote:So instead of falling to her knees in disorientation she instead grabbed a banquet chair again and swung it over her head to try and smash it over the assailant while she was distracted with Nika.

Just as the chair reached the top of its arc, the last Jezabelle would find herself tackled by the last functioning drone, pushed back against the wall.

Nika Novak wrote:"Doesn't matter. I have nothing left to lose." Nika spits, pulling out to steak-knives and flipping them into a reverse grip as she advances on the assassin.

The still-masked woman pulled the knife out of her arm, and applied a futuristic quick-stop bandage, grimacing as her wound was forcefully sutured against her will. She then dropped the blunt knife, brandishing a much more sharp and durable combat version.

“Oh waitress? My drink needs a refresh. Are you up to the task?” She quipped, likewise advancing.
Masked Socialite

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:00 pm

Now was the time that Jez let out a cry of pain and surprise as she was slammed by the hovering mechanism and pinned to the wall. Once she reoriented herself she tried to pull herself free by fighting against the drone for some space.
Two's company, she's a...
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

High Concept: Soapbox Sadie with a Secret
Aspect: Painfully Situational Sociability
Aspect: Good is Not Soft
Aspect: Master Multitasker
Aspect: Gamer Chick
Aspect: Tumblr

Postby Narrator » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:42 am

--Meanwhile--

Doom and Katarina had disappeared back from the room, getting to safety from the crazy mercenary in the middle of the dance floor.

An explosion from that direction indicated that safety may not be as safe as one might have previously assumed! Not that powerless Jez or engaged Nika could do much about that right now, but that might bear checking at some point.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nika Novak » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:04 pm

Masked Socialite wrote:“Oh waitress? My drink needs a refresh. Are you up to the task?” She quipped, likewise advancing.

"Why don't we find out." Nika says flatly, hooking her foot around a chair leg and giving it a sharp kick to send it skidding across the floor towards the attacker. And while her footing is threatened to be thrown off Nika follows up by sending her knives flying at her from two different angles.
Nika Novak

High Concept: Committed Bodyguard
Aspect: Secret Romantic
Aspect: Symkarian Pride
Aspect: Rigid Rules

Postby Masked Socialite » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:23 pm

Jezabelle Sherlock wrote:Now was the time that Jez let out a cry of pain and surprise as she was slammed by the hovering mechanism and pinned to the wall. Once she reoriented herself she tried to pull herself free by fighting against the drone for some space.

Jez would find the drone was relatively easy to push, given it’s lightweight construction and need to stay hovering. It was designed for long distance volleys, and lost much of it’s prowess up close.

But, it was still a threat. After righting itself, it began maneuvering the rotors Jez’s way..

Nika Novak wrote:"Why don't we find out." Nika says flatly, hooking her foot around a chair leg and giving it a sharp kick to send it skidding across the floor towards the attacker. And while her footing is threatened to be thrown off Nika follows up by sending her knives flying at her from two different angles.

“RRAAGH!”

The merc had no intention of keeping her distance now. Jumping onto the sliding chair, she awkwardly but successfully somersaulted forward, deflecting one knife with her machine pistol, and allowing the second knife to slice her shoulder slightly. This put her into position to throw her own combat knife Nika’s way.
Masked Socialite

Postby Nika Novak » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:50 pm

The merc would find Nika's projectile impossible to deflect as the knife tears through the gun like it was paper, though the move did did keep her from getting hit by more than one of them.

Nika meanwhile has shifted her focus. "Jez! Hold still!" she shouts and without waiting for a response hopes that the girl will trust her. She closes her eyes and flings a butter-knife with her power, on perfect trajectory to pass within less than an inch of Jez's neck and cut through the inhibitor collar. And a mere fraction of a second after the knife leaves her hand does the mercenaries' knife find it's target, sinking into her thigh and eliciting a cry of pain.
Nika Novak

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:39 am

As the spinning blades drew closer Jez's instincts were to duck, but the command from Nika kept her rigid just long enough for the knife to strike before she let herself drop to the floor. a good chunk of her hat got diced up before she made her escape, trying to roll under the nearest table to buy herself some time and inspect the collar.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Masked Socialite » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:49 am

The masked assailant rolled into a crutch following her leap and attack, glancing and taking note of the effects.

“Either your heirloom cutlery is blessed by Hephaestus, or I need more collars.”

She reached behind, producing another pistol and blade.

“I’m still waiting for my drink. Can you hobble to the kitchen, dear?”

She darted sideways, firing two bullets.

Jezabelle Sherlock wrote:As the spinning blades drew closer Jez's instincts were to duck, but the command from Nika kept her rigid just long enough for the knife to strike before she let herself drop to the floor. a good chunk of her hat got diced up before she made her escape, trying to roll under the nearest table to buy herself some time and inspect the collar.

The capacitor was indeed hit on the collar, causing a flicker. In a few moments, the collar would be de-powered.
Masked Socialite

Postby Nika Novak » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:19 pm

Nika throws herself to the side to avoid the shot and pull the knife from her thigh. She winces but was lucky enough to avoid a severed artery. Still, the leg is not going to hold much weight.

Still on the ground she crosses her arms over her chest, bloody knife in one hand still, and imbues the buttons on her uniform with her power to send her sliding across the floor on her back and between the mercenaries legs, knife at the ready to strike at her knee with the hilt.
Nika Novak

Postby Katarina Karkov » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:27 pm

--Meanwhile--

Doom had Katarina by one arm, and was quickly moving her through the halls of the palace, somewhere Dr. Doom was certainly not allowed. And yet, it was if he knew the place like the back of his hand.

"We must go back," Katarina was saying. "There are people in danger back there."

"You are the target," Doom was explaining. "Having no faith in your country's security is justified at this point, but Doom has arranged for your former bodyguard to be in the fray."

"Doctor, I can not approve of you breaking someone, no matter who it is, out of jail for your own..." Katarina began, before she was stopped by Doom raising a hand in front of her face.

Across from the two of them, a team of mercenaries had entered through a side door, and cut the fleeing royals off at the proverbial pass. And behind them were Princess Lilith and Prince Francois, looking none to happy.

High Concept: Golden Girl
Aspect: Sheltered Upbringing
Aspect: Diplomatic Immunity
Aspect: Obliviously Privileged
Aspect: Real-Life Roleplayer
Aspect: Heart of...Well, You Get It

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:20 am

Two Jezs emerged from under the table. One scrambled to run toward the door where she'd seen Doom carrying Katarina off, while the other remained behind to help Nika if she needed it.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Katarina Karkov » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:46 pm

The Jez headed towards the Royal Couple (?) would come up from behind, with Katarina and Doom between her and the mercenaries, and Lilith and Francois behind them, all down a narrow hallway. She could continue going forward and serve as some sort of unified front with Katarina and Doom, though how much help she would be against a number of armed mercenaries was questionable. But, of course, Jezebelle had not spent her weeks here idly. Like any palace worth it's salt, there were back passageways and concealed walkways hidden around, allowing the Help to slide in and out of rooms quickly and efficiently, and Lenka and the other handmaidens had given Jez a crash-course on the ropes; Jez may not quite have the layout memorized like the back of her hand, but she could choose to use them if she so desired to perhaps get a jump on people. But then, of course, Katarina and Doom might not know that she was there to help...

"Princess Katarina," Lilith was saying. "Of course you would have thrown in with Doom; you're set enough on trampling the rest of our traditions, why not ally with our biggest enemy?"
"I'm afraid that you have lost the confidence of our houses, Princess," Francois said, smoothly. "We would have liked to do this in a more...civilized fashion, but then, you are the one who chose violence against Prince Alex. I'm afraid we will have to insist that you step down from power right now".
"It shall all be alright, of course. While the country will mourn the loss of their crown princess, she will be remembered as one who stood up to Doom in her final moments, bravely resisting him to the last."
"And, of course, we shall be there to pick up the pieces. Our nation will rally around us, and with our shared hatred of Latveria, we shall unify the country -- nay, the world -- in opposition to Doom's heinous crimes.
"The international community has permitted Latveria to live for too long. Unprovoked aggression against a neighboring country will finally turn the tide against them.
"The Avengers will come to our aid. The Fantastic Four. The Defenders. With Doom attempting to overthrow the world once again, the world's heroes will flock to our banner; we all know the threat Doom can pose.
"Rotruvia will be liberated from decades of rule from a cruel tyrant. And, of course, King Francois and Queen Lilith of Symkaria will welcome our Rotruvian neighbors into the warm embrace of our country."
"Not to mention the technological wonders that they now find themselves in possession of."
"Symkaria will become a world power; our influence stretching across the continent. A power broker in the balance between East and West."
"So you see, princess, your noble sacrifice will be for the good of the nation, and indeed, the entire world. We shall remember Katarina Day as a day of mourning, and a day of rebirth for our nation!"
"So be a good little girl, and die.

Katarina took one half step to ensure Doom was between her and the mercenaries. "I do not know where you get your information from, Princess Lilith; Prince Francois. But the Karkovs are made of sterner stuff than you realize. I shall not -- I will not fall. Not to see the likes of you take over my kingdom; a pair of treacherous, amoral, backstabbing, power-hungry děvky who will lead us into ruin."

"Treacherous and immoral is rich, coming from the likes of you. Dancing with Doom, employing traitors as your personal aids; cavorting with harlots and sodomites! You are a stain on the moral fabric of this kingdom!"

Katarina's eyes narrowed. "The two of you will take the name of my guska out of your mouth at once. I would rather the whole world know about my feelings for her, though it may cost me everything, than allow the two of you to continue to hypocritically slander her."

Doom, meanwhile, watched the entire exchange rather passively again, oddly, though he let Katarina use her as a shield. There was something strange about that...
Katarina Karkov
Student

Postby Masked Socialite » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:12 pm

Nika Novak wrote:Nika throws herself to the side to avoid the shot and pull the knife from her thigh. She winces but was lucky enough to avoid a severed artery. Still, the leg is not going to hold much weight.

Still on the ground she crosses her arms over her chest, bloody knife in one hand still, and imbues the buttons on her uniform with her power to send her sliding across the floor on her back and between the mercenaries legs, knife at the ready to strike at her knee with the hilt.

“Unngh!”

The Lady merc staggered slightly, blood beginning to trickle from her leg.

“Try all the telekinetic tricks you want, bitch! I’ll punch through all of them!”

She limped slightly to the nearest drop canister, setting off another smokescreen while pulling a few items out. They looked distressingly like grenades.
Masked Socialite

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:04 am

Back in the ballroom, Jez was trying not to cough from the smoke. It wasn't nearly as bad as the teargas she'd experienced in the past but it still wasn't pleasant. She tried to push through it, hoping to reach the assassin before she got a chance to put her latest plan into motion and try to disarm her - or at least impede her enough for Nika to land the final blow.

----------

Jez came up in the distance behind Doom and Katarina, ducking into a side corridor in time to hear the latter half of the conversation, and getting the gist of it. And it would be untrue to say that her face didn't flush at the princess' declaration. She didn't speak up until she stepped out of the hallway and walked toward Katarina and Doom's side.

"You are too kind, your Highness, especially to a harlot like me. As far as sodomite is concerned, I must costest that point as being inaccurate. But the night is still young." From her posture and approach it appeared that she'd been practicing how Charlize Theron said to walk like a queen. Even if most of the front of her hat was clipped off comically short and tattered. She kept her face forward, staring down at the royals and their mercenaries the same way she'd been taught at Prince Sablinova's, as if they were beneath her.

"As for Alfonso the Slobberer and the Universal Spider here, your plan fails here and now. I will not allow you two inbred relics of flat-Earth times to harm a single hair upon her Majesty's head."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Nika Novak » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:08 pm

"I'm fighting for a cause. What are you fighting for? Money?" Nika spits out as she flips back on her feet.
Nika Novak

Postby Katarina Karkov » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:28 pm

Jezabelle Sherlock wrote:"As for Alfonso the Slobberer and the Universal Spider here, your plan fails here and now. I will not allow you two inbred relics of flat-Earth times to harm a single hair upon her Majesty's head."

Jezabelle's poise and minor vulgarities caused much amusing sputter and strife amidst the royals, and less amusing aiming of guns from the trained mercenaries. So, you know, call it 50/50.

"Lord Doom," Katarina said, sotto voice. "The Kingdom of Symkaria graciously requests the formal assistance of Königruch Latverien to expel these enemies of the state from the Royal Palace."

And with those magic words, Doom sprung into action, bolts of lightning firing from his gauntlets at the assembled mercenaries, who wisely directed their fire at the Lord of Latveria -- two college girls, mutant or not, were probably slightly less of a threat than the Baron of Iron.

Not missing a trick, both Prince Francois and Princess Lilith chose this dramatic opportunity...to dash back further inside the palace, preferably to something resembling safety.
Katarina Karkov
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:26 pm

Once gunfire was tossed into the equation Jez threw herself behind the nearest pillar, trusting in Katarina to do the same - the golden girl was the more projectile resistant of the two after all.

As for the escaping royals, when they reached the branch in the hallway behind the fighting they'd be treated to a group of about 20 green-dressed women in chopped-up hats moving to intercept them from the right hallwat at a brisk jog. Jez had used her time in the side passage way to send duplicates of herself to try and flank the mercenaries; her little speech must have been to try and buy herself enough time to get them into position, though there was little doubt that her ego had perhaps secretly been hoping for a "you and what army" moment. They were completely unarmed, but they did have numbers - even if their movements seemed slightly sluggish.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Masked Socialite » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:41 pm

Nika Novak wrote:"I'm fighting for a cause. What are you fighting for? Money?" Nika spits out as she flips back on her feet.

“Your cause is as flimsy as tissue paper, darling. But please, go ahead and tether your fate to someone else born better. I’m certain you can hear the other soldiers down the hall by now. It sure sounds like your fate is decided!”

With that, she tosses a canister, which opened up into a blinding flash after a few seconds.
Masked Socialite

Postby Nika Novak » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:00 pm

As the flashbang sails through the air Nika impales it mid-arc with a fork to send it flying away, though it still goes off after a moment. At least it only partially blinds her, though her voice when she talks is quite a bit louder than normal thanks to the ringing in her ears.

"She's not better because she was born that way but because she choses to be. To carry a burden bigger than I ever even realized. And if all I have left to fight for is her cause, her happiness, then so be it!"

Blinking tears out of her eyes from the blinding light and absolutely nothing else Nika charges at the assassin long enough for her to make out the blurry shape of the drop-canister and readies her last piece of cutlery, a fancy steak-knife intended for the table of royals. Imbuing it with all the anger and jealousy she's felt over the last couple months she lets go of them and sends the glowing knife flying straight through the stash of explosives.
Nika Novak

Postby Katarina Karkov » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:04 pm

Jezabelle Sherlock wrote:Once gunfire was tossed into the equation Jez threw herself behind the nearest pillar, trusting in Katarina to do the same - the golden girl was the more projectile resistant of the two after all.

Katarina, surprisingly, threw herself on top of Jez, shielding her with her golden frame, holding her to her as close as she could. It was a sweet gesture, though it was also being a little bit crushed by a golden statue.

Jezabelle Sherlock wrote:As for the escaping royals, when they reached the branch in the hallway behind the fighting they'd be treated to a group of about 20 green-dressed women in chopped-up hats moving to intercept them from the right hallwat at a brisk jog. Jez had used her time in the side passage way to send duplicates of herself to try and flank the mercenaries; her little speech must have been to try and buy herself enough time to get them into position, though there was little doubt that her ego had perhaps secretly been hoping for a "you and what army" moment. They were completely unarmed, but they did have numbers - even if their movements seemed slightly sluggish.

An army of Sherlocks marching down the hallway corned the two royals off. The two royals themselves, were also unarmed - why would they get their own hands dirty? And Jez was far more of a scrapper than either of the two of them were; Princess Lilith would be too worried generally about breaking a nail, while Prince Francois was far too delicate to avoid a punch or two in the face and/or crotch. The two flailed a little, but The Jezii could basically rough them up almost at will.

That makes a full quarter of Symkaria's royal families that Jez had beaten up in a week and a half. Maybe she could get some kind of course credit for that? Or at least a gym badge of some description.

DOOM wrote:DOOM

The mercenaries slowly tried to tighten the circle against Doom, and they were doing a not terrible job holding their own, even as Doom whirled and zapped and fought. His eyes started to glow, and a whirring sound began to fill the hallway.

From behind Katarina and Jez, a different Doom approached -- a Doombot? "I believe it would be prudent for us to leave now. You may bring the concubine."
Katarina Karkov
Student

Postby Masked Socialite » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:19 pm

Nika Novak wrote:"She's not better because she was born that way but because she choses to be. To carry a burden bigger than I ever even realized. And if all I have left to fight for is her cause, her happiness, then so be it!"

Blinking tears out of her eyes from the blinding light and absolutely nothing else Nika charges at the assassin long enough for her to make out the blurry shape of the drop-canister and readies her last piece of cutlery, a fancy steak-knife intended for the table of royals. Imbuing it with all the anger and jealousy she's felt over the last couple months she lets go of them and sends the glowing knife flying straight through the stash of explosives.

The masked mercenary had already bounded away from the canister, but even distance couldn’t help here. The serrated, sturdy knife probably would have been adequate, but the addition of pure mutant intensity just upped the results even more.

The barrel, still possessing many explosives, went up like an LA bomb disposal truck filled with too many illegal fireworks.

The Antagonist was blown against the far wall, crumpling into a pile. She didn’t move.
Masked Socialite

Postby Nika Novak » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:04 pm

Nika at least had the advantage of knowing what's coming. Of course she was also running towards the explosion so when she crosses her arms in front of her face it does little to shield her, even with her trying to force her power into her clothes to not much effect. It does keep her rooted in place and weathers some of the concussive force but she manages only to stay on her feet for a second before collapsing, hoping she'd done enough to give Jez and Katarina time to get to safety...
Nika Novak

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:06 am

Jez let out a muffled "oof" as Katarina threw herself on top of her, but the girl wrapped her arms tightly around the princess. That mutual desire to protect each other coupled with the sense of self-preservation; if anything happened to her all of her copies would fall to pieces. So she could withstand the weight of all of that gold for a little while.

Speaking of copies, the majority of the gaggle turned away from the pursuit and instead threw themselves onto the mercenaries from behind with no regard for their own safety, leaving only five to stand menacingly over the cowering monarchs. With every copy that was struck down, the others grew more precise in their attacks and those standing guard looked more alert and active, as Jez's focus was condensed. They didn't rough up the royals... too much.

She didn't even really notice Doom's entrance at first, her eyes closed as she had to see through so many now, but his voice brought her attention to the metal monarch's visage.

"Concubine, harlot, guska... I'm spoilt for choice when it comes to new codenames." The woman tried to get to her feet and then flinched, the action reflected in many of her copies, though they all recovered - even if a couple had cried out for no apparent reason.

"I think we might need to send a doctor to the ballroom."

[...]

As for the Jez in the ballroom, well she was still in the ballroom... technically. Actually she was spread over a large portion of it as dust flittering onto the floor and furniture, indistinguishable from the other rubble.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Victor Von Doom » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:52 pm

Jez's duplicates would have little trouble overwhelming a couple of poncey royals. The versions of her going after the bodyguards weren't as effective, but were effective enough to allow Doom(?) to continue to wreck them -- useful distractions, perhaps, more than anything else, but useful was an operative term.

"I shall order the other Doombot to move the injured to us," Doom intoned. "But the self-destruction protocol of the first Doombot is already underway. We must remove the two of you to my jet immediately, and leave here at once. Other enemies will come; other battles will be fought. But fear not -- for no matter who the foe or what the danger, victory shall be Doom's. For now and for always."

Well, that wasn't ominous in the least.
Victor Von Doom

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:08 am

Jez looked to Katarina with a worried expression. What would her people think of her getting onto a plane with Dr. Doom? There were already conspiracy theories floating around, the two royals she was giving noogies were proof of that. As much as she wanted to protest, this wasn't her call. But she definitely didn't want to get caught in the blast.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Victor Von Doom » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:12 am

For her part, Katarina stood up as straight as she could.

"Lord Doom, I could not possibly..."

"Karkov. You have become a flashpoint for forces in your country that chafe under your rule. It has not been that long since Symkaria's last civil war. Do you intend to reign over it's next?

Only a ruler strong enough to keep your lands safe will be permitted to keep it all. There are many who would take your seat in an instant. Greatness is cursed with enemies, young Katarina. My history speaks to that. Of people attacking me and my citizens unjustly.

Grave dangers are fast approaching on many fronts. For Symkaria. For Latveria. For all of Earth and for this very plane of existence. In order to save us all, my attentions will be required...elsewhere. But I am loath to leave my homeland ill-attended.

Doom shall rid your land of the rebellious usurpers that intend to remove you for being different. Doom shall secure the reign of you and your family. In return, in my absence, Latveria will require a queen. And the whole world must see that I have ordained this."

Katerina blinked. "Lord Doom, I could not possibly..." she tried again, faltering.

Meanwhile, the Doombot's whining was growing louder, and was probably going to explode in the not-too-distant future.
Victor Von Doom

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:43 am

Jez tugged pleadingly on the princess' arm.

"Look, we can hammer out the terms and stuff later. Right now we need to move."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Katarina Karkov » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:26 am

"Y...yes. Yes, of course. To...to your jet, Lord Doom.

And...home. To London. As quick as we can," Katarina said, finally breaking down a little bit.
Katarina Karkov
Student

Postby Victor Von Doom » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:32 am

In the ballroom, the third Doom (this one assuredly a Doombot...right?) picked up Nika and, after a pause, the masked assailant as well, and moved them towards Doom's jet and to safety.
Victor Von Doom

Postby Katarina Karkov » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:42 am

"You would be more comfortable waiting things out in my palace in Doomstadt..." Doom began.

"I believe my guests have had enough of royal palaces for the time being, and I must...consider your offer. With the due diligence it deserves," Katarina said, trying to regain her composure. "Much has happened over the past week, and I must...process.

To London, Lord Doom. And you shall...shall await my answer."

"Doom is not used to being kept waiting."

"Doom shall have to, if he hopes the answer is yes."
Katarina Karkov
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:19 am

Jez subtly cleared her throat, waiting to speak up.

"If I may, Lord Doom... such a decision does require careful consideration, and research. The fact that she has not immediately agreed shows that she has at least some understanding of just how formidable an undertaking this would be for her. While she's spent her whole life learning how to rule Symkaria, she hasn't had one day to learn to rule in your stead - and I believe that things are done a little differently there." She thought about quoting Plato on the matter, but given how Doom viewed his rise to power she thought better of it. Had she not spent a few terrifying hours in his presence already she wouldn't have dared open her mouth at all.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Victor Von Doom » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:39 am

For just a moment, Jez felt the full wait of Doom's gaze on her, sizing her up in a way he really hadn't done before until this point.

"...You shall follow me to the jet, Jezabelle Sherlock. And I shall return the four of you to your precious university. For now.

But Doom will not be kept waiting for long."

Well, he knew her name. That was good, right?
Victor Von Doom

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:45 am

The fact that she was no longer being called the harlot or concubine didn't escape Jez's notice, and while she took pride in that for a moment the realization of who it had come from did enter her mind once more. She wanted to be easily forgotten by Doom, not make an impression. And then there was the confused expression as she started to count on her fingers as they made their way toward Doom's plane. Four?

"Oh, gosh, Nika... is Nika okay? Oh, I hope so. I haven't seen her since the explosion."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Victor Von Doom » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:50 am

"The bodyguard remains in one piece. Whether or not she is okay is a deeper question.

All who originated in England shall be returned there. Such is the will of Doom!"
Victor Von Doom

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:12 am

Jez gave Katarina's arm a little pat as they followed the looming monarch. "Well, at least we won't have to go through the trouble of getting that meta-plasma shipped here."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Rest of the World