[Social] Subtropic Wonder

Mainland Europe, North America, Genosha and the rest of the World.

Re: Subtropic Wonder

Postby Diego Zapata » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:15 am

"For Basil's sake, I hope so. But from what I can get a read on, Chase won't let himself mess this up."
Diego Zapata

High Concept: Scruffy the Vampire Slayer
Aspect: Goofball
Aspect: Child of the Law
Aspect: Chisaki's Living Mannequin
Aspect: Webcomic Artist

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:27 am

"Mmmm....

But some things are out of mortal control."
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:00 am

"As in unpredictable rolls of the cosmic dice, or the will of the gods?"
Diego Zapata

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:49 pm

"The first. As much as he may think himself a golden god, Edmond Spencer is a mere mortal man, like you or I."
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:59 pm

"If anyone here is a god it's the scary lady," he joked.

"Sorry. Force of habit."
Diego Zapata

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:22 pm

Chisaki laughed.

"You are correct however. Kiwa runs this place with an iron fist. Without her, Edmond would have died of starvation or exposure by now.

Eddie-kun was raised in an environment that catered to his every need, like most wealthy. Out here, there is no other help to cater to his needs beyond my cousin. He has learned some level of self sufficiency. She has taught him how to cook, and I actually believe him to be a better cook than she is- but do not tell her I said that or I will be forced to pretend to forget you exist forever. He can do his laundry, tidy up the house, basic things most of us can do.

But when it comes to the finer points of existing on an island, such as ordering supplies to isolate for long periods, he is not suited for this work." She explained.

After a pause, she added -" When I was trained to be Basil's replacement mum, I was told that board members are frequently the overlooked members of aristocracy. People who were coddled and then left to fend for themselves, as any one of us might. Only they cannot. So it would be my responsibility to help Basil figure out these aspects of his life.

I have thought on this many times over the last several months, and I believe this is why sometimes in the running of their security, mums can become.... overbearing, taking on almost literally every aspect of their wards lives. That is how they received the nickname.

And I believe this overbearing nature might be one of the many things that added to the stress on Basil that lead him to leave campus. He has been told what he can and cannot do for his entire life by one person or another. And I believe that when he was told he could not cohabitate with Colette, something that many British universities allow.... it was one rule too many for him to abide. "
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:40 pm

"Do you think someone preyed on that to get him to walk right into their trap? It's what I'd do if I were a kidnapper."
Diego Zapata

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:12 am

"It is... possible.

Basil has disobeyed before because of a woman. Her name was Mia, though sometimes she went by Amber. He did many things he should not have that were detrimental to his own safety because of her, and if someone within his close circle were looking to trap him, it is likely they would use his weakness to women in order to do so.

However, if they were to do that, they would have had the perfect plant for Basil to stumble upon. Thanks to some things coming out about his personal life in all of this, they know what he likes. And no such perfect plant ever arose in his life, before or after Colette's involvement in his life. I know, because I was trained to watch for that potential threat given what had happened in the past.

I think it is more likely they were simply waiting and biding their time until he was alone enough to strike. I suspect they themselves were not expecting that until after he was finished with his studies, and they were as surprised as the rest of us when he left campus abruptly to live in the nearby town of Maldon with his girlfriend. But they were not so surprised that they did not jump on the open opportunity when they had it.

I also do not believe they have ever been exposed to X-Corp. Despite what Basil thinks of the university and his lack of acceptance there, if X-Corp knows one of their own has been taken they are not likely to ignore it. Though one could argue it is because it is good press for them to find missing alumni and has less to do with whether or not they care about Basil on a personal level."
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:37 am

"So until we figure out the why, or even just the how, the who is going to remain elusive. I just hope talking to his mother and the Spencers gives us a lead."
Diego Zapata

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:42 am

"I am afraid that is the case, yes...

I can say Howard and Harold do not believe the Spencers to be a threat. At least, not this 'Gus' or Dafne. But that could be... personal bias."
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:47 am

"They could still have information that could help. Like, who might have a problem with Edmond's estranged mutant love child entering the picture."
Diego Zapata

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:49 am

"Yes...

Unfortunately one of those people might be their father. And I wonder if they are likely to give him up."
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:56 am

"Seems unlikely."

At a loss for anything else to say, he addressed the elephant in the room. "Are you... coming back? I'm... sure they could use your help."

Well that wasn't awkward at all.
Diego Zapata

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:57 am

"I... do not know. I have not decided.

I... do not believe Colette-senpai is comfortable with me anymore, and I do not blame her."
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:07 am

"I think she'll come around. She knows this wasn't your fault and that you were only lying to protect him."
Diego Zapata

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:14 am

"I never lied." She countered, her tone border lining on defiant.

"I just never told her what was going on. She did not have a reason to know. It would have just worried her more. She always worries about him. Knowing that someone felt he was at risk enough to be constantly watched just would have made her worry more."
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:51 am

"You're not wrong," he admitted, "I'd have likely done the same, friend or otherwise."

"Assuming I could keep my big and yap shut, that is."
Diego Zapata

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:52 am

"... I will be certain not to tell you any of Basil's less important secrets then." She noted.
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Diego Zapata » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:07 pm

"Probably for the best. I talk a lot when I'm nervous."
Diego Zapata

Previous