DT1 - West Residence

Mainland Europe, North America, Genosha and the rest of the World.

DT1 - West Residence

Postby Narrator » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:00 pm

About a week after Miranda returned from Maldon the phone in the West residence rings.
Narrator
Site Admin

Re: DT1 - West Residence

Postby Miranda West » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:03 pm

After a brief and uninteresting encounter with one of the staff, the call was routed to Miranda. She was sitting at the desk of her spacious office, plotting all sorts of nasty things.

"This is Miranda West," Miranda says as she picks up the phone. "Who is this?"

She hadn't been taking any calls, but her staff stressed it was urgent. The result was that she wasn't in the finest of moods.
Miranda West

Postby Narrator » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:13 pm

"Mrs. West?" the voice of a well-articulated man with a hard to distinguish accent asks. "I understand that you recently visited Maldon, Essex?"
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miranda West » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:19 pm

"Briefly," Miranda says, poison dripping in her voice.
Miranda West

Postby Narrator » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:22 pm

"Please. There's no need for misdirected animosity. Would you mind if I asked you what your business there was?"
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miranda West » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:36 pm

"My son, Robert, had an accident due to their negligence and general incompetence," Miranda says, beginning to fix herself a drink. "I tried to convince him to leave the University, but that ridiculous excuse for a headmistress has apparently become attached. She physically assaulted me and then forced me to leave the premises."
Miranda West

Postby Narrator » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:53 pm

"Those are some serious allegations. Not that I'm questioning your account in any way. Did you notice anything noteworthy while you were there? Did the jet have a pilot?"
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miranda West » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:00 am

"I may have noticed one or two rather odd things," Miranda says. "What exactly is this about, Mr....?"
Miranda West

Postby Argus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:26 am

"My apologies. My name is Argus. Unfortunately I have to maintain a certain amount of anonymity. You could say I'm a concerned citizen of the world and I have reason to believe that the University in Maldon is harboring potentially dangerous technology."
Argus

Postby Miranda West » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:31 am

"Mmm. That explains a few things," Miranda says, sipping her drink. "I have reason to suspect that the plane did not, in fact, have a pilot. My daughter believed it was being controlled remotely or some nonsense."
Miranda West

Postby Argus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:44 am

"If the signals I intercepted are any indication then that is correct. I haven't been able to break the encryption yet but I'm... familiar with it's broader characteristics."
Argus

Postby Miranda West » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:04 am

"Of course, if a concerned parent of one of the children at the school were to make public accusations that the school was harboring dangerous technology, it could cause a lot of trouble for the Headmistress and her staff," Miranda says.
Miranda West

Postby Argus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:20 am

"I have reason to believe that Dr. Minimida's daughter is continuing her mother's work in A.I. research. She also recently purchased some kind of experimental substance from the US military. But I'm afraid I'm not certain how effective an official investigation would be or I would not have turned to you."
Argus

Postby Miranda West » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:27 am

"I'm shocked to think that I have gained a general reputation as someone with access to...less than legal avenues of investigation," Miranda says in a voice that says she is obviously not shocked at all.
Miranda West

Postby Argus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:37 am

"I wouldn't go that far, Mrs. West. But I have eyes and ears in many places. Unfortunately that doesn't include the University. Their electronic defenses are quite impressive. Hence why I am suggesting we cooperate in this manner."
Argus

Postby Miranda West » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:09 am

"Tell me," Miranda says. "What would be the consequences if you found that Ms. Minimina or whatever is continuing this branch of research?"
Miranda West

Postby Argus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:15 am

"Officially? Very little, although there's a lot of reputation at stake. The likes of Ultron and Dimitrios have colored public opinion, but outside the court of public opinion there is no ban on this kind of research. Which is why I've taken it upon myself to make sure something like that won't happen again or mutants will eventually be forced into the same evolutionary dead end as humans."
Argus

Postby Miranda West » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:36 am

"Well, we obviously can't have that," Miranda agrees.
Miranda West

Postby Argus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:46 am

"I'm glad we're in agreement, Mrs. West. I take it your son would be unlikely to agree to relay information to us?"
Argus

Postby Miranda West » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:51 am

"At the moment," Miranda says. "But I can think of someone who would be glad to relay information to us."
Miranda West

Postby Argus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:58 am

"Oh, do tell. Unless you would prefer to keep your source anonymous."
Argus

Postby Miranda West » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:03 am

"I think I would prefer to keep that to myself. At least until I can properly get her into a position where she can feed us useful information," Miranda says. "I will say that it will mean a considerable expense on my part. I do hope you appreciate that, Mr. Argus."
Miranda West

Postby Argus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:11 am

"I would be more than willing to split the costs if need be."
Argus

Postby Miranda West » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:17 am

"Oh, there's no need for that," Miranda says. "It's simply something I would like you to keep in mind."
Miranda West

Postby Argus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:22 am

"I will. This has been a very promising talk. If you need to reach me I have left my number with your people."
Argus

Postby Miranda West » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:28 am

"I'll be in touch. Thank you very much for calling, Mr. Argus. I look forward to working with you," Miranda says. She hangs up the phone and takes a drink before pressing a button on her intercom.

"Be a dear and get a hold of Madison, please," Miranda says. "It's time we had a little talk..."
Miranda West

Topic attributes:

Return to The Rest of the World