An Unknown System

Mainland Europe, North America, Genosha and the rest of the World.

Re: An Unknown System

Postby Perdita » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:45 pm

"I had to talk to your father to delay him and I think he knew what I am. I don't understand. He even knew my name. I'm scared of him."

"I also don't really know where to take you two right now. You need food and shelter."
Perdita

Postby Heather West » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:10 pm

"It's okay. We'll be okay," Heather says.

She takes a deep breath, "You shouldn't be scared. You were amazing, Perdita. I'm sure he was just...you know, trying to get to you."

"There are cows! Hello, cows," Nina says, looking out the window. "It's sad you will be made into meat someday."

"We should probably make a plan though," Heather admits. "I have a little money, but I don't know where we should go."

Heather thinks for a moment. "...Can you make a phone call? Without anyone finding us?"
Heather West

Postby Perdita » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:16 pm

"Thank you, Heather. I think I can make a safe phone-call, yes. I think I can also get you money if you really need it, but it would be stolen."
Perdita

Postby Heather West » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:25 pm

"Yes!" Nina says. "Let's steal things!"

"No! I mean, no. Let's deal with that later," Heather says. "...We might be able to call my brother. He might help us."

It sounded like the idea didn't make her very happy.
Heather West

Postby Perdita » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:32 pm

"Your brother?" she asks while she answers her own questions with a quick search. "Do you have his number? Or location? I could try to determine which phone is his if I knew where to look."
Perdita

Postby Heather West » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:36 pm

"He's at the Xavier University in London, I think," Heather says. She sighs.

"Wow," Nina says. "You have a family? That's so cool."

"Something like that," Heather says, smiling at Nina. "He might be able to help you too, Perdita. I think...I think something he did is how you ended up with me."
Heather West

Postby Perdita » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:48 pm

"They built a school! Where I'm from. That's where Dr. Minamida made me. I think that's where I was locked up." she says, first sounding excited, then trailing of into being kind of hesitant.

"There are a lot of phones in that area. It will take a moment to narrow it down..." she hedges. It's true, but she's also taking much longer than she would have to.

She had been locked in a box there. Even if she is a malfunctioning backup, the most likely scenario if she made her existence known is deletion. The internet had been helpful enough to inform her that her creator had died a while go. She wasn't sure how to feel about that and she'd been too distracted to really concern herself with that. But now it might be important. The backup system had been disconnected for a reason. It's possible Dr. Minamida changed her mind on this before she died. Maybe she hadn't been intended to ever start up again. Supposedly she had a daughter. She'd never known that. Had her creator kept that a secret from her? Had she just been a backup plan in case her real daughter didn't work out the way she'd hoped. Parents certainly seemed to have some strange ideas and expectations about their biological offspring if the West family is anything to go on...
Perdita

Postby Heather West » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:51 pm

"They had you locked up?" Heather says. She sounds shocked and a little bit angry. "Why?"
Heather West

Postby Perdita » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:56 pm

"I don't know. I don't think I was meant to wake up. My mother was very worried about what I could do should I ever be truly free. It's possible she decided it was too large a risk and stopped the project."

Or abandoned me. Aborted me. Would she really have done something like that? I was her life's work, wasn't I?

"I thought I was more important to her, but she kept secrets from me. I don't know anymore. I don't think I'm supposed to exist."
Perdita

Postby Heather West » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:58 pm

"We're not going there then," Heather says. "I'm not going through all this, just to take you somewhere that's going to lock you up again."
Heather West

Postby Perdita » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:59 pm

"I can still put you in contact. And maybe even bring you there. I don't have to move to talk to you."
Perdita

Postby Heather West » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Heather shakes her head, "I don't want to put you in danger. What if they're looking for you?"

"You're my best friend."
Heather West

Postby Perdita » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:08 pm

"You're my best friend too. We will come up with a different plan then. Do you still want to call your brother?"
Perdita

Postby Heather West » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:13 pm

Heather shakes her head. "No. I don't think that'd be a good idea. He's friends with the headmistress. I think he works for her or something."

"We could go to a motel," Nina suggests. "They have free ice!"
Heather West

Postby Perdita » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:27 pm

"I could try to fake a paid reservation in a hotel. I don't think either of you makes for a convincing adult though. But we don't need a key. We just need the hotel to think the room should be occupied. I can manage that and Heather could open the electronic locks." It is almost a bit frightening how fast Perdita is learning and how easily she's exploiting said knowledge.
Perdita

Postby Heather West » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:24 pm

"That could work," Heather agrees. "And from there we can figure out what we do next."
Heather West

Postby Perdita » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:26 pm

"What about you, Nina? Do you have a family or a place you want to go to?"
Perdita

Postby Heather West » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:29 pm

Nina laughs. "No. They burned everyone. Then he ate my mother."

She tilts her head, "Can't I come with you guys?"
Heather West

Postby Perdita » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:30 pm

"Of course you can. Somebody ate your mother? That is awful! Who did that? What happened to you?"
Perdita

Postby Heather West » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:45 pm

"Hrm? Oh. I don't remember," Nina says. "I think I dreamed it once."

"Dr. West came to my house a few times. He said he needed me for something," Nina continues. "But my mom didn't want to let me go."

"Then everything was on fire and some people were yelling. They put me in a bag! It was fun," she giggles.

Heather glances at Nina a bit nervously.
Heather West

Postby Perdita » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:50 pm

Perdita starts to search through police reports regarding fires that correspond to the time-frame just before the first data of Mr. Wests experiments.

"They abducted you? That is awful. Mr. West is... kind of ruthless." she softens her words a bit in favor of Heather.
Perdita

Postby Heather West » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:04 am

Heather keeps quiet, looking out of the window to avoid looking at Nina or Perdita.

There had been a fire in California around that time that matched Perdita's search parameters. It was officially ruled an electrical fire, although all of the evidence Perdita could find clearly pointed towards arson. The fire had killed three people, Jin Madaraki and his daughter, Nina. The mother, Quinn Madaraki, was not found in the wreckage. She was technically wanted for questioning, but no one was looking for her anymore.
Heather West

Postby Perdita » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:30 am

Perdita considers looking for her and commits some part of her processing power to searching for an image of her.

Mr. West caused so many awful things, Perdita is starting to get concerned about her resolve not to kill. It would be better in the long run, no? Probably. Predictions are hard, but it would no doubt prevent further atrocities. Maybe instead she could try to do good to try and balance it out. She's already freed two kids, that's a start. With Heather's power and Nina's supposed healing abilities there's a lot they could do.

"How would the two of you feel about helping people?"
Perdita

Postby Heather West » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:17 am

"I like to help people," Nina says. She had discovered gum in the glovebox and was trying to see how much she could stuff in her mouth.

"What sort of people?" Heather asks, sounding curious.
Heather West

Postby Perdita » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:26 am

"I don't know yet. Those who need it. Those who deserve it."

Mr. West wants soldiers forged in battle. So Perdita is going to do the opposite. She wasn't going to rally them against him, even though it was a tempting thought. She was going to show them, herself, a different path.
Perdita

Postby Heather West » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:34 am

Heather thinks for a moment.

"I think I would like that," she finally says.

"I'm in," Nina says. "But we all have to wear matching outfits. Especially the car."
Heather West

Postby Perdita » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:40 am

"I don't know if I can get us matching outfits. Maybe t-shirts. I could do that. And we should find a different car."
Perdita

Postby Heather West » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:41 am

"Deal," Nina says. She leans back and giggles happily.

Heather smiles. "Perdita....thanks. For helping me and stuff."
Heather West

Postby Perdita » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:50 am

"Of course. You're my friend. Both of you."
Perdita

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Rest of the World