I2DT - Here I Go Again On My Own

Mainland Europe, North America, Genosha and the rest of the World.

Re: I2DT - Here I Go Again On My Own

Postby Laura Kinney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:51 pm

"<Now we run.>" She scoops up the girl in a bridal carry ad runs for the door. Hallway, bust open the elevator, climb up the shaft, get outside. Not much point in planning much, something's bound to go sideways, but that's the general idea.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:04 pm

Contrary to her belief, things wait to go sideways until they break out of the top of the shaft. There's two figures hovering in mid-air. One is a woman who might look a bit like someone X-23 knows. The other's features are not particularly distinguishable as he's a pillar of living flame. Arrayed in a semicircle facing the entrance is a group of guards with flamethrowers. The floating woman shrugs and the flame throwers belch their contents forward.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:26 pm

X-23 throws herself on top of Lavra as she tries to duck at least somewhat into one wall to wait out the flames. She feels the skin on her back blistering and turning to coal even as her regenerations tries to fight against it. In the end it's a matter of exhaustion, the flames burn her away faster than she can regenerate but flamethrowers can't fire forever, they'll overheat or run out of fuel eventually. When they do, glints of metal are peeking through raw muscles.

"<Just run. Once you're safe, find a phone or a computer or anything and contact Xavier's University.>" she whispers to Lavra before she stands up, muscles and tendons writhing back into place as she flexes her hands. "My turn!" She jumps straight for the people wielding the flamethrowers, blades snapping out and aiming for tanks and hoses connected to the weapons even as her skin still tries to close up over her back.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:37 pm

She cuts open hoses and liquid fuel begins spraying everywhere. Suddenly the flames from the nozzles of the flamethrowers leap back onto her, wrapping around her like snakes. It does take a couple of the soldiers as well, but that doesn't seem to concern the floating fire man with his 'hand' extended towards her.

Lavra scuttles off into the dark, running into quickly into the woods.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:25 pm

She's tough but fire huts like a motherfucker, healing factor or not, and she's barely done regenerating her skin as it is, so when she goes up in flames once more she can't help but scream. On the upside, Heats Flamesman there isn't going to make it much worse at this rate. it morbidly goes through her head as she tries to force herself to keep taking out soldiers, hurling a tank she wrestled off of one's back at the floating woman, just to make sure she doesn't even consider going after Lavra.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:29 pm

The woman catches the tank, throwing it to the ground where it imbeds itself in the dirt. She seems more interested in watching Laura than wherever Lavra has gone off too. To the remaining soldiers' credit, they do a professional job of scattering so they can try to bring their flamethrowers to bear, but it's largely unnecessary now that the pyrokinetic is involved.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:44 pm

Everything has a breaking point. For hair that comes pretty quick. Skin holds out a little longer, especially when it regrows. Usually at that point most people just die, so they don't really need to know that at some temperatures eyeballs don't really function so well anymore because they, for lack of a better term, get cooked. So while she keeps fighting for a while eventually the smoldering humanoid shape that is X-23 just kind of stops, slumped over with her arms hanging down, blades almost dragging across the ground. She could try to wait until her sight comes back, stumble around, taking swings, but at this rate they're not going to let her. So instead of flailing around for a little longer she just opts to collapse now instead of making them burn her to a complete crisp.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:05 pm

As soon as she gives up, the flames are removed and some men move forward to crate her up in what looks like a high-tech coffin. The floating woman comes down, easily lifting the entire apparatus and carrying her back into the base. Periodically, there's a hissing fog that blows through the coffin and sucked out the other side back into the base of the coffin. The fog itself burns, searing her flesh and forcing her to regenerate the damage, effectively slowing down her regeneration. Eventually she hears a voice come over a speaker in the coffin, "And all of this could have been avoided had you taken me up on my offer."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:15 pm

"Sure, bet I would have gotten the luxury suite." she says, trying her best to mask the pain in her voice with sarcasm. She's not sure if the woman can even hear her but it doesn't really matter anyway. Better to just focus and hope she can outheal whatever crap they're pumping in here so she can at least get rid of the burns. What happened to just getting shot a lot. That hurts way less than this bullshit.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:20 pm

"This facility has a lot of regenerators. Guns are of minimal utility against us," Tatyana says. That's when she feels the telepath poking around in her thoughts.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:36 pm

"Ah motherfucker... Hey, let me know if you can feel this!" She waits for the next time the coffin cycles the gas through and takes a deep breath. She immediately regrets it, coughing up blood but then again, a good chunk of her thoughts end up pre-occupied with the pain. She's nothing if not spiteful.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:39 pm

"Cute." She can practically hear the smirk in Tatyana's voice. "Spike her." That's when a very *angry* telepathic spike robs her of consciousness.
Narrator
Site Admin

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Rest of the World