I2DT - Here I Go Again On My Own

Mainland Europe, North America, Genosha and the rest of the World.

Re: I2DT - Here I Go Again On My Own

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:23 pm

"<Yeah, they did. But don't worry, I can get us out if need be.>"
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:31 pm

"<Well, they're going to help us, right? That's why we're here.>" She sounds uncertain.

There's a buzzing noise from Lavra's room and she stands up quickly. Laura can hear a man on the other side, "<Lavra, please come this way. We have some more tests we'd like to do.>"

"<Ummm... sure.>" She hears Lavra walking to the door, then hears the door close again.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:40 pm

"Fuck!" She'd really hoped they would get to her first so she could spare Lavra this crap and get some more information before, well, everything that's about to go down. She doesn't waste a second to ponder whether or not to let the girl go through the first round of this, she simply won't let that happen. She rolls out from under the bed and jumps to her feet in one smooth motion. Claws snap out of both of her hands and three carefully aimed punches later the hinges and lock of the door are dismantled. She takes a step back, then throws herself at the door, launching it and herself into the hallway, hitting the wall across with a thundering bang.

"<Let the kid go. Now!>" she growls.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:31 pm

The man who is with Lavra looks a little shocked at Laura's sudden exit. To be fair, Lavra does as well. "<Matylda?>"

"<Matylda, I realize you're upset, but I need you to go back into your room and wait for security to get here,>" the man says, trying his best to put on an air of authority when facing the angry woman with claws.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:41 pm

"<And I think you have about ten seconds to explain to me why we're tossed into solitary rooms with locking doors. After that I'll be looking for answers myself. Ten...>"
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:45 pm

"<For your own protection. This school houses a few people with dangerous mutations and we move them through the halls sometimes. It's safer for you if you aren't wandering around when we need to move...>" As the man talks, he moves, putting Lavra between himself and Laura. It's subtle and Lavra doesn't even notice, but it obvious to a trained fighter like Laura.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:55 pm

"<Bullshit.>" she spits out and charges. When she's a couple steps away from the man she jumps to the side, single claws snapping out of her feet as she rams one of them into the wall to give her enough grip to vault herself over the man holding Lavra, aiming to throw a (non-clawed) punch at the man's kidney.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:02 pm

The man shouts in pain, collapsing to his knees as her blow lands solidly. Lavra is still standing there, shocked. "<What?>" There are almost immediate responses to the shout with the sounds of more people coming their way.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:22 pm

"<Run! This place isn't safe!>"

She grabs Lavra's arm and pulls her along, away from the sounds of people coming, making sure the girl is in front of her, being pushed rather than trailing behind, just in case people decide this is the time to start using their guns.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:32 pm

Lavra is pushed along, confused but at least she's moving now. The sounds of shouts and booted feets echo down the hallways behind them. More shouts come down other hallways and she finds the two of them running towards a set of double doors. No one's started firing guns yet. A quick glance over her shoulders sees some guards, armed with what look at first like automatic rifles, but another glance shows them to be tasers the *size* of automatic rifles.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:39 pm

"Ah shit... What's with the Russians not using lethal force?" she grumbles as she continues to make a break for the double doors. Large weapon means they're meant to discharge a lot, which means the projectiles have to be tethered to the gun, which means their accuracy is gonna be shit at long range. Reload's probably fast but still single shot, they won't try unless they're certain they can hit me. it shoots through her head. If it wasn't for Lavra she'd probably take the risk and try to take them down, gamble on being able to get up fast enough to surprise them should she get hit. But right now she can't risk them getting their hands on a hostage again. Trained soldiers aren't going to go down as easily as an unwitting scientist.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:44 pm

Pushing through the double doors opens into a cafeteria of some sort. There is a scattering of people in unadorned prison-style uniforms sitting at the tables and they all look up curiously as the doors burst open. There's a woman sitting at a desk on a raised platform on the opposite side of the room. She immediately stands up as the doors bang open, "<What is the meaning of this?>"
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:49 pm

This just keeps getting worse...

"<I'm here to complain about the accommodations.>" she says, nudging Lavra over to the side so they can stand to the side of the door with their back against the wall.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:53 pm

"<We are giving you a home,>" the woman said, stepping down. "<We're saving you from the...>" The doors slam open again as the soldiers finally catch up, coming through the door, looking around to see where she'd gone.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:59 pm

Laura grabs the barrel of his gun and slams it upwards while simultaneously kicking at his knee while her claws snap out again on her free hand, slicing the gun in half.

"<That why there's armed soldiers everywhere? To save us from what exactly?>"
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:07 pm

The soldier goes down in a heap, holding his knee. The two halves of the gun spark and crackle.

"Because occasionally," the woman says in English, "we get a violent one like you who needs some extra supervision until she adjusts." Her eyes go golden and she grins at Laura, her teeth extra pointy, "I'd hoped to one day meet the fabled X-23. And now she comes to me. How wonderful." Her body rips through her clothes as she grows in size, sprouting fur and a canine face. This seems to terrify the people at the tables and they start scuttling as far away as possible.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:21 pm

"A fan, huh. Then allow me to demonstrate what happens when you try to create weapons." she grins back, cracking her neck and snapping her arms out at her sides, extending her claws with a snikt. "It works really fucking well."

She charges at the shapeshifter, stepping up on a chair and the corresponding table before launching herself through the air, claws at the ready.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:24 pm

The werewolf slides out of the way, reaching out to snag her foot and throw her hard towards the wall. "We do not create weapons. We just hone what's already there."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:50 pm

X-23 manages to land a glancing blow on the werewolf, slicing through fur and skin before she's yanked away by the foot and slams into the wall, leaving a small impact-crater before falling to the floor. She jumps to her feet again within moments, cutting through a table that's in her way as she advances on the werewolf again.

"I know how people like you think. You only have one thing to teach."

"<Hope you're getting a good look, because this is what they want to turn you into.>" she tells the people watching as she runs at the werewolf again, this time aiming to stay low and strike at her legs.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:56 pm

The werewolf growls at the glancing blow. She lunges low in response to X-23 as well, protecting her legs with the mass of her body as she goes to slam a shoulder into Laura.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:03 pm

She doesn't give a fuck, though she does brace herself for the impact some just to avoid having the wind knocked out of her too much. Instead she tries to recover from the hit fast enough to dig the claws on both her hands and feet into the wolf, clinging to it while punching her claws into her repeatedly with one hand as the werewolf's charge carries them forward.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:07 pm

The werewolf howls in anger and pain at the clawing, responding by digging into X-23's torso with her own talons, clawing and shredding, though not quite as effectively as X-23 is, given X-23's superior design.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:13 pm

X-23 lets out a scream that falls somewhere between sheer rage and pain. Even with her wounds closing fast, constantly having claws rip into her isn't exactly a pleasant feeling. She tries to twist herself out of the werewolf's grip to no avail, finally settling for delivering a series of punches to her skull, disregarding what this is doing to the skin of her fingers as metal-coated bones hammer into unnaturally thick skull.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:18 pm

The werewolf shoves her away, stumbling back a few steps as cracking bones slowly start to reintegrate themselves. X-23 can hear the click of a couple of the taser rifles as they're aimed at her. Another soldier has one aimed at a very scared Lavra. "<It is time to stand down,>" says one of the soldiers, trying to remain in the gun's range without being within X-23's.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:24 pm

Laura grins as the werewolf retreats, though her face quickly falls when she sees the rifle aimed at Lavra.

"<Hurt her and no one makes it out of here alive!>" she growls. With blood dripping from her claws and her own clothes soaked in what's mostly her own blood it makes it seem like a credible threat, despite the guns pointed at her.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:32 pm

"<Come along quietly and there will be no need to hurt her,>" said one of the soldiers firmly. He's doing an admirable job of holding it together given the fear she can see in his eyes across the top of his gun.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:26 pm

Part of her wants to just go for broke. It's a non-lethal weapon that probably won't harm Lavra. She can be over there long before he has reloaded, which only leaves his friends with their rifles pointed at her. She can probably shake off one, maybe two hits. But if she fucks it up then Lavra is screwed and so is everybody else here.

She retracts her claws and lifts her hands. It's jstu symbolic and everyone here probably knows that but she can't exactly put her weapons down. "<Let her go and I'll think about it. Out of this building, away from this facility, with the bag from my cell, it has food and water and shelter.>"
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:17 pm

"<I can't promise that,>" the soldier says. "<That's up to the Headmaster, but I'll do what I can.>"

"<I can make that call right now,>" said an imposing looking man. "<We'll let her go, after she's submitted to having the memory of this place wiped. We'll even nudge her out of the country. She goes, you stay.>"
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:38 am

"<Take her to the UK so she at least won't end up in some shithole country that hates mutants.>"
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:42 am

"<Very well. But we will be keeping an eye on her. Her safety is dependent on your good behavior.>" He stepped into her line of sight, looking her in the eye. "<Do I make myself clear?>"
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:57 am

"<Why do you guys always do this? Someone offers you a deal and you just have to piss on it because you just can't stand the idea of something possibly being out of your control.>"

That's when she twists herself into the air and kicks at the gun closest to her, slicing right through it before grabbing a hold of the back of a chair while she's still in the air and hurling it at the guy aiming at Lavra. She lands in a crouch and immediately moves again, pouncing on the guy trying to make himself clear, aiming to get an arm around his neck and a blade pointed at his face.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:06 am

As she gets into position, she feels a large hand wrap around the back of her neck. "Blades back in, girl," the werewolf growled at her, "Or kill him. If you do, I get a promotion." The rest of the soldiers appeared to be trying to recover from the sudden assault, except for the guy who no longer had a gun. He was at a loss for what to do.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:58 am

"Or what, you try to see if you can snap my neck?"

She's not worried about dieing, but the problem is once again that she can't afford to let herself get incapacitated for even just a little while. Bloody feral shifters.

"Or maybe you don't care about spying on a harmless teenager as much as your boss here? I could work with that."
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:03 am

"Actually, I'd rip your throat out. You'd heal, but it would inconvenience you," she said. "But yes, I could be persuaded to not spy on a harmless teenager."

"<What? Tatyana, what are you doing?>" The man said as best he could around a blade at his throat.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:35 am

"<What's the matter, isn't this the point of weapons? This is what happens when you hone what's already there.>" she says, the blade pushing out of her hand a little further, almost touching the man's eyeball now.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:41 am

"Let the asshole go," the werewolf said, "He still has his value. I'll make sure that the girl is left alone. You won't have to regrow a throat, he's disgraced, and I'll make sure your time here isn't completely terrible."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:36 am

"How do I know I can trust your word."
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:25 pm

"You don't. And unlike the Headmaster, I'm not foolish enough to try to convince you. The girl will be sent to the United Kingdom and left alone if you stay. That is the deal."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:09 pm

"Well at least your honest, so I guess I'll be honest too. You see, I have what you would call 'trust issues'."

And that's when she stabs the headmaster through the eye while letting go of him to swing her now freed arm around, adamantium-claws snapping out and slicing through fur, muscle and bone as she severs the werewolf's arm just below the elbow. Dropping to the ground she goes into a roll right between her legs as she wrestles the arm from her throat. There's still guns in the room but at this point she's kinda banking on no one being stupid or brave enough to actually try and shoot at her. She snarls at the room in general just to make sure as she backs away from Tatyana and towards Lavra.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:44 pm

Tatyana howls, stumbling backwards and cradling her half-arm. "You bitch! Do you know how long its going to take me to grow that back," she growls. "<I am through with deals,>" she says, glaring at one of the soldiers, "<Call in Special Squad. We'll store what's left of her until she's regenerated enough to talk. If the lizard girl cooperates, take her back to her room. If not, kill her.>"

Lavra huddles against X-23's back. "<Matylda? What now?>"
Narrator
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to The Rest of the World