Russian Hospitality

Mainland Europe, North America, Genosha and the rest of the World.

Re: Russian Hospitality

Postby Nash Riley » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:20 am

"Okay, I'll see what i can do." Nash said running off in the direction Sam had gone.
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:12 pm

Chase Delacroix wrote:"Any chance that accomplished anything but wasting ammo?" Chase asked, stalling as he thought through his dwindling options.

There's a hint of recognition in her eyes, but when she opens her mouth she just snarls at Chase before leaping at him again. She seems more sluggish though, like she can't really muster the will to hurt him.

Samantha McManus wrote:"...you people are starting to annoy me," Sam grumbles, trying to tap into the wolf-thing's mind sufficiently to mirror it's form. Uninjured, if possible.

The werewolf doesn't seem to have particularly strong mental defenses. It feels like she's used to relying on someone else to shield her. Sam's shape wrenches itself free of the restrictions of her normal frame, bones and muscles stretching and twisting themselves into new shapes. Her opponent seems to recognize the change fairly fast and leaps several meters through the air in an attempt to tackle Sam to the ground before she has a chance to finish growing all her muscles, much less get used to them. Sam has an extra arm on the werewolf, but it's not a shape she's really accustomed to...

Will Stanton wrote:Will didn't hesitate for a moment, sprinting down the hallway after her, and jumped right at her, shifting his entire body in mid-air to a spear.

The spear slams into her, driving her back into the cracked wall, still uninjured. She reaches out and wraps her hand around the shaft of the spear, pulling the sharp end away from her midsection.

Meanwhile Tereza begins to overwhelm her opponent with the help of the fire suppression foam keeping his attacks from gaining any momentum and soon he takes one too many chunks of ice to the head and he collapses.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:45 pm

The spear slams into her, driving her back into the cracked wall, still uninjured. She reaches out and wraps her hand around the shaft of the spear, pulling the sharp end away from her midsection.

Will shifted into water, splashing free from her grip.

His plan was to reform into a solid metal spike UPwards, piercing her leg and arm, if he could react quick enough.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Sam goes tumbling, not quite used to her limbs yet. What she does grasp relatively quickly is how to work her new jaws, so she tries to chomp down on the werewolf's shoulder to force it to let her up, or at least buy her enough room to figure out her limbs.
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Chase Delacroix » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:48 pm

Narrator wrote:There's a hint of recognition in her eyes, but when she opens her mouth she just snarls at Chase before leaping at him again. She seems more sluggish though, like she can't really muster the will to hurt him.

Using her sluggishness to his advantage, he evaded the leap and attempted a maneuver to pin her to the wall. This was, however, a little awkward with having to also try to keep out of claw range.
Chase Delacroix
Student

High Concept: Green Arrow Wannabe
Aspect: Kung-Fu Fighter
Aspect: Ex-Assassin
Aspect: Recovering Amnesiac
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Nash Riley » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:37 am

Nash tries his best to protect his mind against the other telepath before getting to the room Sam is in.
Once he gets there he seems a bit confused before remembering Sam is also a shifter.

"Do you want help with that werewolf or should I kick the teeps ass?" he asks.
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Tereza wasn't that far away and had to extract herself from the same flame retardant spray that had put out Flashfire. She checked her original target and tensed her arms. As she did, her forearms coated in ice again as she looked around for her next target.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Postby Narrator » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:16 am

Tereza Rozanov wrote:Tereza wasn't that far away and had to extract herself from the same flame retardant spray that had put out Flashfire. She checked her original target and tensed her arms. As she did, her forearms coated in ice again as she looked around for her next target.

Will Stanton wrote:Will shifted into water, splashing free from her grip.

His plan was to reform into a solid metal spike UPwards, piercing her leg and arm, if he could react quick enough.

Nearby Tereza can spot her sister. A deluge of water is running through her fingers before turning into a metal spike that fails to penetrate her invulnerability. It tears up some of her clothes but then she grabs a hold of him and swings him around and into the wall, cracking the concrete under the impact.

Nash Riley wrote:Nash tries his best to protect his mind against the other telepath before getting to the room Sam is in.
Once he gets there he seems a bit confused before remembering Sam is also a shifter.

"Do you want help with that werewolf or should I kick the teeps ass?" he asks.

Samantha McManus wrote:Sam goes tumbling, not quite used to her limbs yet. What she does grasp relatively quickly is how to work her new jaws, so she tries to chomp down on the werewolf's shoulder to force it to let her up, or at least buy her enough room to figure out her limbs.

The two go tumbling along the ground with Sam narrowly beating out her opponent to the same move. The other werewolf roars and pulls her good arm free to punch Sam into the side in an attempt to make her let go. Meanwhile Nash might have a clear shot at the telepath if Sam can keep the werewolf occupied.

Chase Delacroix wrote:Using her sluggishness to his advantage, he evaded the leap and attempted a maneuver to pin her to the wall. This was, however, a little awkward with having to also try to keep out of claw range.

He manages to pin her out of sheer surprise and slam her into the wall, but the moment she begins fighting back he can feel the sheer advantage she has in strength over him. Pushing herself off of the wall she slams him into the opposite wall in turn.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Chase Delacroix » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:41 am

Chase attempted to swing around her before he got himself crushed, but ended up with an arm painfully caught between her and the wall. He kneed at her side below the metal ribcage. His first real fight as a free person wasn't going too well.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:30 am

Will tried to shift back, but the impact had him woozy. So, really, what Tereza's sister now held was just a WOBBLY metal spike.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:49 am

"Enough," Tereza growled, advancing on her sister. "I'm the one you want, so you can have me!" She slammed a fist forward at her sister's face.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:39 pm

Sam takes the hit to her ribs, letting go of her opponent and trying to shove the werewolf away now that she's gotten the remaining bulk in her limbs. If she's seen Nash she gives no indication, though certainly both her and the werewolf are big enough targets to avoid for someone nimble.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Chase Delacroix wrote:Chase attempted to swing around her before he got himself crushed, but ended up with an arm painfully caught between her and the wall. He kneed at her side below the metal ribcage. His first real fight as a free person wasn't going too well.

He might not be winning, but he's holding his own and the well-aimed kick certainly has an effect, knocking the wind out of X-23 for at least a moment and making her body bend enough for him to pull his arm free. Considering his teammates she probably would have torn through most of them within moments of getting close to them and as it is he's keeping her from doing just that.

Will Stanton wrote:Will tried to shift back, but the impact had him woozy. So, really, what Tereza's sister now held was just a WOBBLY metal spike.

Tereza Rozanov wrote:"Enough," Tereza growled, advancing on her sister. "I'm the one you want, so you can have me!" She slammed a fist forward at her sister's face.

Svetlana tries to bring Will around to fend off her sister, but doesn't anticipate how wobbly he is. The blow's impact spins her around in midair before she manages to clear her head and steady herself by touching down on the floor in a three-point stance. "You know you can't beat me." she smirks at Tereza, though a careful observer might notice that she definitely look winded, even if there's not a single mark on her otherwise. "I was always the better one, so why don't you just stand down. I'll even let all your friends go if you stay."

Samantha McManus wrote:Sam takes the hit to her ribs, letting go of her opponent and trying to shove the werewolf away now that she's gotten the remaining bulk in her limbs. If she's seen Nash she gives no indication, though certainly both her and the werewolf are big enough targets to avoid for someone nimble.

The werewolf sees no reason to let up, so Sam only gets a little bit of breathing room before the two clash again. They're pretty evenly matched in sheer strength, but Sam's at a slight limb-advantage and her opponent is very aware of that, trying to keep her on her toes by snapping her jaws at her and keeping her off-balance.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Chase Delacroix » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:50 pm

Narrator wrote:He might not be winning, but he's holding his own and the well-aimed kick certainly has an effect, knocking the wind out of X-23 for at least a moment and making her body bend enough for him to pull his arm free. Considering his teammates she probably would have torn through most of them within moments of getting close to them and as it is he's keeping her from doing just that.

Breathing heavily, Chase backed away and took a fighting stance once more.

Have to hold out just a little longer.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:58 pm

Narrator wrote:Svetlana tries to bring Will around to fend off her sister, but doesn't anticipate how wobbly he is. The blow's impact spins her around in midair before she manages to clear her head and steady herself by touching down on the floor in a three-point stance. "You know you can't beat me." she smirks at Tereza, though a careful observer might notice that she definitely look winded, even if there's not a single mark on her otherwise. "I was always the better one, so why don't you just stand down. I'll even let all your friends go if you stay."

Tereza squared off in response. "I don't even know you. You're just someone who tried to abduct me and then tried to wreck my mind. I don't have to beat you to prove I'm better." As the ice continued to coat her, it took on a significant level of detail, looking like some sort of powered armor. "I didn't try to shit all over the lives of someone I claim as my sister and her friends. As far as I'm concerned, you started this shit and you can fuck right the hell off." She gestured with one hand, "Do your worst."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Nash Riley » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:29 am

Without a response from Sam he goes straight for the other telepath ready for a fight.
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:56 am

Sam is definitely a less skilled fighter than the werewolf, and it catches her on the back-foot a few times, but increasingly she seems to be feeling the rhythm of the fight and soon she's looking not at the motions the werewolf is making, but towards gaps in the creature's defense.

She finally sees an opening and goes for a raking slash with her claws against the werewolf's ribs, on the side of its missing arm.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:06 am

Tereza Rozanov wrote:Tereza squared off in response. "I don't even know you. You're just someone who tried to abduct me and then tried to wreck my mind. I don't have to beat you to prove I'm better." As the ice continued to coat her, it took on a significant level of detail, looking like some sort of powered armor. "I didn't try to shit all over the lives of someone I claim as my sister and her friends. As far as I'm concerned, you started this shit and you can fuck right the hell off." She gestured with one hand, "Do your worst."

Svetlana just snarls at her through gritted teeth. "Fine, have it your way." She jumps forward with impossible speed and slams into the ice construct forming around Tereza. Cracks form just from the sheer impact before the two are carried down the corridor and slam first into, then through one of the concrete walls in a huge plume of dust and debris.

Nash Riley wrote:Without a response from Sam he goes straight for the other telepath ready for a fight.

The telepath is too distracted by keeping X-23 on her task thanks to Chase doing his best to shake her out of it, so Nash has no problem walking up to the telepath and taking him out with a well placed punch to the jaw.

Samantha McManus wrote:Sam is definitely a less skilled fighter than the werewolf, and it catches her on the back-foot a few times, but increasingly she seems to be feeling the rhythm of the fight and soon she's looking not at the motions the werewolf is making, but towards gaps in the creature's defense.

She finally sees an opening and goes for a raking slash with her claws against the werewolf's ribs, on the side of its missing arm.

The werewolf roars at the swipe, streaks of crimson showing through her matted fur, followed by an even angrier growl when Nash strikes at the telepath. She attempts to break out of the fight with Sam to throw herself towards Nash.

Chase Delacroix wrote:Breathing heavily, Chase backed away and took a fighting stance once more.

Have to hold out just a little longer.

The fight is draining but after a few more precious moments X-23 seems to stumble and waver in mid-strike, stumbling backwards and clutching her head.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:08 am

"Not... so... fast..." Sam says with a grunt and a growl, trying to grapple with the werewolf to hold it back.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Chase Delacroix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:25 am

Narrator wrote:The fight is draining but after a few more precious moments X-23 seems to stumble and waver in mid-strike, stumbling backwards and clutching her head.

"The teep must be losing their grip. Come on Miss Kinney, snap out of it!" he pleaded.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Nash Riley » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:36 am

Nash decides the best course of action is to get out of the room and away from the angry werewolf. Just in case, he readies the taser in his right glove while doing so.
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:58 am

Narrator wrote:Svetlana just snarls at her through gritted teeth. "Fine, have it your way." She jumps forward with impossible speed and slams into the ice construct forming around Tereza. Cracks form just from the sheer impact before the two are carried down the corridor and slam first into, then through one of the concrete walls in a huge plume of dust and debris.

Tereza manages to cushion some of the impact inside the armor, but it and she really aren't designed for going through concrete walls. A web of cracks appears all over the armor and she grimaces in obvious pain as she begins trying to pound Svetlana in the head with her free hand.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:06 am

Will shifted back on the ground where Svetlana had dropped him, and rose to his feet.

He raced down the corridor, trying to draw Svetlana's attention and help Teresa.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:19 pm

Samantha McManus wrote:"Not... so... fast..." Sam says with a grunt and a growl, trying to grapple with the werewolf to hold it back.

Nash Riley wrote:Nash decides the best course of action is to get out of the room and away from the angry werewolf. Just in case, he readies the taser in his right glove while doing so.

The werewolf leaves herself open when it lunges for Nash and Sam manages to sink her own claws into it to cut it's attack short and slamming her into the ground

Chase Delacroix wrote:"The teep must be losing their grip. Come on Miss Kinney, snap out of it!" he pleaded.

"The fuck's going on..." she mumbles as she staggers from side to side a bit

Tereza Rozanov wrote:Tereza manages to cushion some of the impact inside the armor, but it and she really aren't designed for going through concrete walls. A web of cracks appears all over the armor and she grimaces in obvious pain as she begins trying to pound Svetlana in the head with her free hand.

Will Stanton wrote:Will shifted back on the ground where Svetlana had dropped him, and rose to his feet.

He raced down the corridor, trying to draw Svetlana's attention and help Teresa.

Will has no problem following the two. They left a large enough hole to climb through. She finds them as Tereza pounds her icy fist into her sister's head over and over, cracks appearing and spreading out with each impact. Svetlana's not quite limb but driving Tereza through the wall seems to have taken a lot out of her and she seems unfocused, every other blow seeming to actually leave some marks on her, which only serves to make it harder for her to bring her invulnerability back up fully against Tereza's pounding.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:49 pm

Sam doesn't know if you can knock out a giant werewolf, and she's already aware that a normal human takes a bit more doing than she's seen in movies.

Still, she's rather angry and wails away on the back of the werewolf's head because she's less than concerned if she causes a concussion.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Narrator wrote:Will has no problem following the two. They left a large enough hole to climb through. She finds them as Tereza pounds her icy fist into her sister's head over and over, cracks appearing and spreading out with each impact. Svetlana's not quite limb but driving Tereza through the wall seems to have taken a lot out of her and she seems unfocused, every other blow seeming to actually leave some marks on her, which only serves to make it harder for her to bring her invulnerability back up fully against Tereza's pounding.

Tereza's aim shifts, trying to target shoulders and ribs with her punches. She even tries to bring her knees in on the party, but finding them pinned, her armor obliges instead, trying to slam blunt ice into Svetlana's hips and legs. "<I am not you. I will never be the good little girl Mother and Father wanted. You all gave up the right to expect anything of me when you sent me to a shithole like this!>"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Chase Delacroix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:04 pm

Narrator wrote:"The fuck's going on..." she mumbles as she staggers from side to side a bit.

Chase breathed a sigh of relief.

"You got yourself mind-controlled. You're lucky Minamida sent us after you."
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:31 pm

Will slid in on some of the trails of ice left behind by Teresa's power, and expanded, flattening into an amorphous blob as he shot forward.

The goal was to attach himself to Svetlana and the ground, cementing her to the floor.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:03 am

Samantha McManus wrote:Sam doesn't know if you can knock out a giant werewolf, and she's already aware that a normal human takes a bit more doing than she's seen in movies.

Still, she's rather angry and wails away on the back of the werewolf's head because she's less than concerned if she causes a concussion.

The giant werewolf is certainly not trying to get up. And very quickly stops any signs of fighting back, really. She's still taking it much better than a human would, but her face is pretty messed up.

Tereza Rozanov wrote:Tereza's aim shifts, trying to target shoulders and ribs with her punches. She even tries to bring her knees in on the party, but finding them pinned, her armor obliges instead, trying to slam blunt ice into Svetlana's hips and legs. "<I am not you. I will never be the good little girl Mother and Father wanted. You all gave up the right to expect anything of me when you sent me to a shithole like this!>"

Will Stanton wrote:Will slid in on some of the trails of ice left behind by Teresa's power, and expanded, flattening into an amorphous blob as he shot forward.

The goal was to attach himself to Svetlana and the ground, cementing her to the floor.

Svetlana isn't looking so great anymore, blood dribbling down her chin from where her lips have split open. "<You think I haven't gone through this?>" she manages between blows. "<Places like these are a necessary evil, Tereza. Don't be so damn naive.>" She tries to kick at Will when he latches on to her legs but they're pretty aimless and more attempts at dislodging him. It kind of works, whatever makes her (mostly) invulnerable also seems to give her a certain slickness, like a forcefield that extends just past her skin and clothes. The next time one of Tereza's blows brings it down though he manages to shackle her to the floor.

Chase Delacroix wrote:Chase breathed a sigh of relief.

"You got yourself mind-controlled. You're lucky Minamida sent us after you."

"Knew the kid and you guys wouldn't let me down." she says with a weary smirk.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:18 am

Narrator wrote:Svetlana isn't looking so great anymore, blood dribbling down her chin from where her lips have split open. "<You think I haven't gone through this?>" she manages between blows. "<Places like these are a necessary evil, Tereza. Don't be so damn naive.>" She tries to kick at Will when he latches on to her legs but they're pretty aimless and more attempts at dislodging him. It kind of works, whatever makes her (mostly) invulnerable also seems to give her a certain slickness, like a forcefield that extends just past her skin and clothes. The next time one of Tereza's blows brings it down though he manages to shackle her to the floor.

Tereza separates herself from her sister. "<There is nothing 'necessary' about the evil they do in places like this. That you can't see that...>" She sighed, "<They've burrowed so deep in your soul that you were willing to destroy someone you want to claim as family just to serve whatever their whims.>" She finally switched back to English, "I've found a family that loves me. They look out for me. And they go the extra mile to actually take care of me. I'll take that over some petty government that just wants to use me."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Chase Delacroix » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:29 am

Narrator wrote:"Knew the kid and you guys wouldn't let me down." she says with a weary smirk.

"A few more minutes and I would have, even with you holding back," he said, hissing in pain as he tested his injured shoulder. "You up to helping us shut this nightmare down?"
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Nash Riley » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:10 am

Nash makes his way out of room, then walks over to the hole in the wall and looks in.
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:24 am

Tereza Rozanov wrote:Tereza separates herself from her sister. "<There is nothing 'necessary' about the evil they do in places like this. That you can't see that...>" She sighed, "<They've burrowed so deep in your soul that you were willing to destroy someone you want to claim as family just to serve whatever their whims.>" She finally switched back to English, "I've found a family that loves me. They look out for me. And they go the extra mile to actually take care of me. I'll take that over some petty government that just wants to use me."

"<You just put on someone else's colors instead.>" she spits out at Tereza.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Laura Kinney » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:25 am

Chase Delacroix wrote:"A few more minutes and I would have, even with you holding back," he said, hissing in pain as he tested his injured shoulder. "You up to helping us shut this nightmare down?"

"You bet." she says, claws snapping out.
Laura Kinney
Faculty

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:34 am

Sam rises up from the werewolf, panting.

"Stay down," she growls, not especially caring if it's heard.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:54 am

Narrator wrote:"<You just put on someone else's colors instead.>" she spits out at Tereza.

"Yes. My own," she says as the cracks in her armor fix themselves in unison. The armor shuffles a bit, reinforcing the right side and Tereza stifles a grimace. "I am done with you. You come at me or mine again... if I even see your face and it's not preceded by a white flag or an olive branch, I will not stop to ask questions. <Am I clear?>"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Tereza Rozanov wrote:"Yes. My own," she says as the cracks in her armor fix themselves in unison. The armor shuffles a bit, reinforcing the right side and Tereza stifles a grimace. "I am done with you. You come at me or mine again... if I even see your face and it's not preceded by a white flag or an olive branch, I will not stop to ask questions. <Am I clear?>"

"<Perfectly clear.>" she glares.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:24 pm

"Now I suggest you get out unless you want to be buried with this place," she said before seeming to address Will. "Let's go. We've got more work to do."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Chase Delacroix » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:32 pm

"I hope Will can make bandages," Chase commented as he led X-23 to join back up with the others.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:16 pm

"Where next?" Sam asks, stepping out from where she had her scuffle.

She hasn't bothered to shift down, but the uniform might be a clue.
Samantha McManus
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to The Rest of the World