Crimea River

Mainland Europe, North America, Genosha and the rest of the World.

Re: Crimea River

Postby Chase Delacroix » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:24 pm

Chase twisted out of the way to the best of his ability and sent a foot at the Admiral's ankle.
Chase Delacroix
Student

High Concept: Green Arrow Wannabe
Aspect: Kung-Fu Fighter
Aspect: Ex-Assassin
Aspect: Recovering Amnesiac
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:47 pm

Unfortunately for bland man, Tereza's ears are sharper than they look and the ice shatters as she rips her feet free and heads swiftly in Sam's direction, eyes flashing dangerously. She begins to close the distance, not so much weaving through the crowd as knocking people out of her way.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Sam is struggling with the man, though it's probably not the best idea to exert yourself when your airway is being blocked.
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Slow Motion Walter » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Chase manages to dodge the punch but only barely so, his reflexes letting him keep up with whatever strange casual super-speed is at work here. As he twists to the side though Walter pulls on his wrist and almost casually yanks him to the side and off his feet before his kick can land. Instead Chase goes sailing through the air and roughly tumbles to the ground.

"Is this really necessary? This doesn't concern you, meddlesome interlopers." Walter complains.
Slow Motion Walter

Postby Secret Asian Man » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Meanwhile Sam's assailant pulls her backwards a bit to adjust his angle on the incoming Tereza, putting Sam between himself and the angry cryokinetic.
Secret Asian Man

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:06 am

Now that Tereza's getting a good look at what he's doing to Sam, her lip curls into a snarl. If Sam's still in contact with her mind, she can tell just how murderous Tereza's thoughts immediately become. Tereza hauls up short, which outwardly looks like hostage-induced indecision. Internally though, Tereza is debating whether to kill him with ice or her bare hands.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Natalya Romanov » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:16 am

A wall of ice springs up in front of the white-haired woman, the knives sinking into it.

"<Should've gone with your first instinct and ran,>" she sneers in flawless Chinese to Weikun.

Ice rushes along the pavement from the barrier towards Weikun's feet.
Natalya Romanov

Postby Chase Delacroix » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:33 am

Slow Motion Walter wrote:Chase manages to dodge the punch but only barely so, his reflexes letting him keep up with whatever strange casual super-speed is at work here. As he twists to the side though Walter pulls on his wrist and almost casually yanks him to the side and off his feet before his kick can land. Instead Chase goes sailing through the air and roughly tumbles to the ground.

"Is this really necessary? This doesn't concern you, meddlesome interlopers." Walter complains.

Chase knew how to land well, but the impact still hurt. Rising despite his future bruises, he said, "You might have convinced me killing her makes you the good guys, but then you went and said 'meddlesome interlopers'."
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Weikun Liang » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:24 pm

Natalya Romanov wrote:A wall of ice springs up in front of the white-haired woman, the knives sinking into it.

"<Should've gone with your first instinct and ran,>" she sneers in flawless Chinese to Weikun.

Ice rushes along the pavement from the barrier towards Weikun's feet.

"<Aren't we full of ourselves today.>" Weikun snipes back and, having taken note of Chase of all people intervening to save her, focuses most of her attention on Natalya. "<I suppose you're my replacement for failing to execute the contract then?>" she asks, running towards the creeping ice and jumping at the last moment, feet finding her daggers in the ice wall and propelling her upwards and over it, coming down on the other side with another dagger in her hand, slashing at Natalya on her way down.
Weikun Liang

Postby Slow Motion Walter » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Chase Delacroix wrote:Chase knew how to land well, but the impact still hurt. Rising despite his future bruises, he said, "You might have convinced me killing her makes you the good guys, but then you went and said 'meddlesome interlopers'."

"Hmm, so many people after the young lady. Very popular indeed." he says, kinda aimed at Chase but mostly just musing to himself. He looks over to Weikun and Natalya and suddenly the Chinese woman seems to slow down mid-attack, giving Natalya ample time to react or even counter-attack. Slow Motion Walter meanwhile just kind of looks back over to Chase to see if he'll try to save the assassin again.
Slow Motion Walter

Postby Chase Delacroix » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 pm

"Better the devil you know," he answered before stubbornly coming in with a series of lunging punches, hoping Walter couldn't split his focus.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:35 pm

"If you want to die quickly, you'll let her go right now," Tereza growls at the bland man, fingers flexing with just the slightest sounds of bones wanting to realign.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Nearly losing consciousness, Sam stabs out wildly with her mind in hopes of getting the man to loosen his grip.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Natalya Romanov » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:30 pm

"<Why I'm here is nobody's business. Why you're here just became everyone's business.>"

The woman puts her arms up, the knife slashing at her thick coat.
Natalya Romanov

Postby Secret Asian Man » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:36 pm

It's like trying to punch the water. There's just barely the hint of any resistance before it just completely slips away. He does let up his chokehold just enough to let Sam get one gasping breath in though.

"You really should consider the situation more carefully, young lady, if you care for your friend."
Secret Asian Man

Postby Slow Motion Walter » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:39 pm

Walter's focus does seem to shift a little, letting Weikun get a slash in instead of just slow-motion tumbling into her demise. Instead he avoids Chase's blows and making it look almost casual.

"I'm afraid we cannot let you apprehend her, my friend. She might know too much and compromise the safety of Mother Russia." he says, though his lack of an accent and the stilted way he pronounces 'Mother Russia' almsot makes it sound like he's not Russian at all.
Slow Motion Walter

Postby Weikun Liang » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Weikun lands and immediately tries to sweep Natalya's leg to push her attack, trying to keep the woman on the defensive so she can't find a moment to concentrate on her powers.

"<Those who hired my services just tried to take me out of the picture. Might I suggest a truce?>"
Weikun Liang

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Secret Asian Man wrote:It's like trying to punch the water. There's just barely the hint of any resistance before it just completely slips away. He does let up his chokehold just enough to let Sam get one gasping breath in though.

"You really should consider the situation more carefully, young lady, if you care for your friend."

Tereza grins predatorily and it seems like her canines are longer, but it's all a trick of the light and motion surely. "I've considered the situation. You're hurting something of mine. Last warning, let her go or this becomes painful for you." The temperature around her starts to drop as she draws on her power.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Chase Delacroix » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Slow Motion Walter wrote:Walter's focus does seem to shift a little, letting Weikun get a slash in instead of just slow-motion tumbling into her demise. Instead he avoids Chase's blows and making it look almost casual.

"I'm afraid we cannot let you apprehend her, my friend. She might know too much and compromise the safety of Mother Russia." he says, though his lack of an accent and the stilted way he pronounces 'Mother Russia' almsot makes it sound like he's not Russian at all.

"If you're... Russian, then... I'm Harry Potter," he said, continuing his distracting onslaught while looking for an opening, "You know... her boss won't... appreciate you breaking... his toys... right?"
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Secret Asian Man » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:30 pm

Tereza Rozanov wrote:Tereza grins predatorily and it seems like her canines are longer, but it's all a trick of the light and motion surely. "I've considered the situation. You're hurting something of mine. Last warning, let her go or this becomes painful for you." The temperature around her starts to drop as she draws on her power.

"I doubt your friend is immune to your powers. Call the young man back from meddling in things that don't concern him and I will let her go."
Secret Asian Man

Postby Slow Motion Walter » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Chase Delacroix wrote:"If you're... Russian, then... I'm Harry Potter," he said, continuing his distracting onslaught while looking for an opening, "You know... her boss won't... appreciate you breaking... his toys... right?"

"Her employer is of course free to seek retribution on those who hired them. We will be long gone by then. Do you often side yourself with assassins, boy?"
Slow Motion Walter

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Secret Asian Man wrote:"I doubt your friend is immune to your powers. Call the young man back from meddling in things that don't concern him and I will let her go."

"She's not," Tereza admits, apparently ignoring the request as she paces a couple of steps back and forth. "One thing you appear to not be aware of though." A spike of ice springs up behind him, aiming for the back of his thigh, "I don't need to go *through* her to get to you."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Natalya Romanov » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:38 pm

"<You'd have to convince me they're worse than the people I know you really work for.>"

The woman creates a patch of ice to harness her momentum, sliding out of the path of what she assumes Weikun's next strike is before lashing out with a volley of ice shards.
Natalya Romanov

Postby Chase Delacroix » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Slow Motion Walter wrote:"Her employer is of course free to seek retribution on those who hired them. We will be long gone by then. Do you often side yourself with assassins, boy?"

"Finding out who hired them is why we're even here."
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Slow Motion Walter » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:20 pm

Chase Delacroix wrote:"Finding out who hired them is why we're even here."

The man lets out a deep belly-laugh. "Oh are you now? Well good luck with that. Secret Asian Man, stop messing around. We're leaving!" he bellows across the plaza as his attention moves towards Weikun.
Slow Motion Walter

Postby Secret Asian Man » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:21 pm

Tereza Rozanov wrote:"She's not," Tereza admits, apparently ignoring the request as she paces a couple of steps back and forth. "One thing you appear to not be aware of though." A spike of ice springs up behind him, aiming for the back of his thigh, "I don't need to go *through* her to get to you."

The attack does seem to catch him unaware, the spike driving through his leg and eliciting a scream. He lets go of Sam who goes stumbling forward as the man tries to twist his leg, snapping the icicle at the base. It probably would have been much simpler to just pull away. Maybe he is concerned about the spike having punctured an artery? Regardless, he limps away towards the entrance of the cafe, disappearing through the door.
Secret Asian Man

Postby Weikun Liang » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:21 pm

Natalya Romanov wrote:"<You'd have to convince me they're worse than the people I know you really work for.>"

The woman creates a patch of ice to harness her momentum, sliding out of the path of what she assumes Weikun's next strike is before lashing out with a volley of ice shards.

Weikun's blow misses. Anticipating a counterattack of some sort she tries to use her momentum to carry through into a handstand-flip when she suddenly seems to be moving so much more slowly, compared to the rest of the world. The fan of iceshards striking her right in the stomach and sending her tumbling out of her acrobatics with a horrified look on her face.
Weikun Liang

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:37 pm

Tereza seems torn as she moves to catch Sam. The prey is getting away. He is injured. We will lose him if you don't move. She growls in frustration, deciding instead to scoop Sam up in her arms before turning to survey the rest of the situation.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Chase Delacroix » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:01 am

"You could just..." he began, distracted by seeing Weikun get hit. He felt strangely upset by the development. Without thinking, he attempted to disengage with Walter and rush to defend the assassin.
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:25 am

Sam is doubled over, gasping.

"...let's never do that again," she pants.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Natalya Romanov » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:41 am

"...what are you doing??" The white-haired woman asks Chase in English.
Natalya Romanov

Postby Chase Delacroix » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:27 am

"Trying to preventing a murder, what's it look like?" he answered, taking a defensive fighting stance. "Even though she might well stab me in the back for it."
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Slow Motion Walter » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:22 am

"Assisting the assassin. How odd." the man says, noting the blood spreading through Weikun's clothes at the stomach. "I believe you can work it out amongst yourselves from here then." he adds before calmly wandering away across the plaza.
Slow Motion Walter

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Samantha McManus wrote:Sam is doubled over, gasping.

"...let's never do that again," she pants.

Tereza just growls in response to Sam's statement, blinking her eyes a bit as if trying to blink something away. "We need to go. Too much attention."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Natalya Romanov » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:37 pm

"It didn't need to be too much attention. Is he with you, or do you just not care?"

"Then again, I recognize the fighting style on this one..." She says, looking back to Chase.
Natalya Romanov

Postby Chase Delacroix » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:59 pm

"I broke free of the Lotus, so maybe she can. Killing her prevents nothing anyway. Brainwashed assassins are quite replaceable."
Chase Delacroix
Student

Postby Natalya Romanov » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:10 pm

The white-haired woman's expression softens as Chase says that.

"...then just tell me you don't care if I do this."

Quickly and almost completely silently, a trail of ice snakes out to try to trip up the fire engine guy.
Natalya Romanov

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:45 pm

Tereza watches the snakes and frowns at Natalya, "Who..."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Slow Motion Walter » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:52 pm

It does indeed trip him up and sends him tumbling, but he recovers much more gracefully than one would expect from an older, slightly pudgy man. He turns around and looks at them with what even at the distance looks like an almost fatherly frown, coupled with a slow shaking of his head. Meanwhile Weikun lets out a groan as she continues to slowly bleed through her shirt.
Slow Motion Walter

Postby Chase Delacroix » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:14 am

"So... not with them. Good to know," he said, cautiously backing up to check on Weikun.
Chase Delacroix
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to The Rest of the World