To Russia, With Hate

Mainland Europe, North America, Genosha and the rest of the World.

Re: To Russia, With Hate

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:07 am

It takes a bit to find the stairs leading up, the basement being a fairly substantial area, but she has no problem dragging the unconscious creature (woman?) up the stairs.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:15 am

Now was the tricky part. Tereza was in no shape to shift back and drag this thing, but she had to get out of Zelenogorsk and back to the jet. This might be the time to just pick things up and run. That's what the wolf wants to do, but Tereza cautions that that will draw too much attention. So the giant wolf-creature starts to carry the giant what's-it with the suitcase, slinking from alley to alley and massive piece of cover to massive piece of cover as she desperately attempts to make her way out of the city. It's certainly a comical sight.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Postby Svetlana Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:22 am

Avoiding people is generally pretty easy. Especially with her nose sniffing them out. She makes it a decent way into the city when a familiar voice rings out from above her.

"Going somewhere?"
Svetlana Rozanov

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:30 am

Fuck. Tereza looks up with a growl and covers the creature protectively.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Svetlana Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:52 am

"You have really let yourself go since last time... What is up with that?" she asks, lowering herself a little but still floating a couple stories up between the buildings. Oddly enough Tereza can't seem to pick up her sister's smell at all.
Svetlana Rozanov

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Words are hard in this form. Even harder when the human part of Tereza has its own problems it's dealing with like integrating a partial set of foreign memories, but she somehow manages. "Long story. Don't want fight right now."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Svetlana Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:35 pm

"If you think I'm going to let you escape with whatever state secrets you managed to dig up just because you asked nicely then you're really overestimating our bond as siblings..."
Svetlana Rozanov

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Tereza plants a foot on back of the creature's head and glowers at Svetlana while pointing at the creature. "Tried to undo me. Erase me." Then, she points a clawed finger at Svetlana, "Care about that, even if hate me."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Svetlana Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:02 pm

Svetlana looks at the creature and seems to realize something. "I knew there had to be mutants up the chain." she says, ambition in her voice. Then she sets her eyes on Tereza again and and a disturbingly icy look fills her eyes. "You should have let them. It seems to be the only way for you to see reason."
Svetlana Rozanov

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:07 pm

She growls, "Would be no more Tereza. Not exist. Gone." She points at the creature again, but her muscles are starting to tense, "Not like us. Not human."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Svetlana Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:23 pm

"Don't be ridiculous... You're not like yourself anymore already, how far do you plan to take this before you admit you made a mistake?" she asks, floating down towards her sister but remaining a good couple feet off the ground. "You've burned too many bridges to be welcome back with open arms, but we can still help you. Become a better you." Something about her voice is wrong. Something about all of this is wrong. For someone who'd tried to sell her out for her own gain this is kind of a strange approach to begin with. And while she's clearly trying to sound compassionate it doesn't quite mesh with what her offer of help seems to imply.
Svetlana Rozanov

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:30 pm

"Already better me. Sorry." There's the heartbeat for that 'sorry about what' reaction before Tereza takes a quick step forward as she swings the suitcase at Svetlana as hard as she can.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Svetlana Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:45 pm

Out of everything, the suitcase is not what Svetlana expected her to abandon, though that might be because she doesn't really know who Tereza is carrying. She was expecting some kind of attack, but she's also smugly confident in her own powers that she just raises her arm, almost more for show than to actually guard herself. It looks very impressive when done to, say, tank fire. But instead of smugly brushing a blast out of the air the suitcase hits her arm and breaks apart along with the cylinders inside, showering Svetlana with the contents.

For a moment she looks confused. Then she starts to laugh. Then the laughter grows kind of hysterical and her left eye twitches. It's kind of hard to tell what's going on, but an inch-thick film of goop seems to cling to her as she veers off to the side, slamming herself into the wall of the building as she frantically brushes at herself.
Svetlana Rozanov

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:49 pm

"Sorry... sister," Tereza says, actually somewhat sadly before she grabs the alien and bolts.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:59 pm

Behind her she can hear frantic yelling, followed by the sound of a concrete wall collapsing. Any guards she might have had to worry about in the immediate vicinity are thoroughly distracted by the commotion, allowing her to make a break for it.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Werewolf speed can be impressive... when you're running by yourself and not half-carrying some creature's unconscious body with you. She tries to find the most direct route to the edge of town, intending to take a longer route back to the Blackbird so any potential pursuers can't beeline straight to her destination.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:10 pm

She does make it back to the plane before word can spread to have people cover the perimeter, though now she's faced with the choice of waiting it out or taking off now.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 pm

To a certain extent, she has no choice but to wait. Handing things back over to her human self is harder than it has been lately. Eventually she manages it though, returning to her human form. Her stomach rumbles, but she shoves it aside to secure the prisoner before she picks over the plane, looking for something to eat. She should know where the crash-landing supplies are... they're... where is she? She's never been on a plane like this before. This is high tech stuff, they don't let the grunts fly on...

A violent shake of her head and she finds what she's looking for. It's not tasty and it's not what she wants, but the few energy bars in the crash kit will keep her from getting feral. She closes the ramp and moves to sit down in the pilot's seat. Suddenly, all the controls are unfamiliar. This wasn't part of her training. She's not even good at driving the jeeps, at least not in her opinion, so why is she in the pilot's seat?

An audible growl escapes her throat as she forces the other memories back and begins the prep for takeoff. How long has she been sitting like this? Svetlana can fly after all, so she needs to be away while her sister isn't looking for her.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Svetlana Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:39 pm

There's a time display in the cockpit. Of course. But that doesn't help after the fact when she doesn't know when she got back to the plane. or how long she took to get to it from the city. Prepping the plane for take-off takes about 10 minutes, usually. Maybe 15 when you occasionally forget how to do it. But eventually she manages to sort everything out and the engines roar to live, scorching the ground as they provide vertical thrust. This would be tricky for a thoroughly trained pilot, much less a grunt someone relatively new to this, but thankfully this is not a regular plane. Many of the systems are largely self-correcting and Tereza manages to lift the Blackbird up above the treeline and pick up speed.

As hidden as the plane is from radar though, it's still very much visible to the naked eye. In this case that of Svetlana, who seems to have recovered enough that she is flying circles above the city. When she spots the plane she rockets towards it and as the Blackbird is still picking up speed a proximity alert suddenly goes off, showing a rapidly approaching dot on one of it's displays. It's like trying to ride a bike away from someone running after you, suddenly it feels so incredibly slow to get started. While Svetlana jumped to her maximum speed in moments the plane has to fight against it's own inertia. The red blinking dot on the display slows it's approach as the plane accelerates but it's still closing...

Outside Svetlana pushes herself through gritted teeth and manages to just barely get her hands on the tail of the plane. Various sensors object as fingers sink into metal for a better grip as she tries to pull herself in.
Svetlana Rozanov

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Tereza does what every pilot in the movies does when this happens. She throws the plane into a tight roll, regardless of how bad an idea that is.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:51 pm

Somewhere something metal groans as Tereza throws the plane into a spin while the engines continue to roar. Svetlana just barely manages to hold on, the sudden rotation making her slip back and keeping her from getting a better hold. And the next moment the engine configuration shifts as they reach sufficient air compression and the plane explodes forward with a loud crack that can only be heard on the ground as it breaches the sound barrier. Maybe if Svetlana had a better grip she could hold on, but at this point the plane is exceeding whatever support her own flight can give her by significant margins and her fingers slowly leave parallel gouges in the metal as she slips and from one moment to the next she's gone, instantly left behind hundreds of meters as the Blackbird picks up even more speed.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Tereza breathes a sigh of relief, checking all the instruments and gaining more altitude to leave as much of Russia behind as possible. She glances over her shoulder to check on the prisoner, getting up to walk back there... which briefly amazes her that she's able to do, but she pushes that aside as she double-checks all the restraints as the auto-pilot maintains their altitude and heading towards home.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Business Mandy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:04 pm

The restraints all seem to be in place. They should hold most shapeshifters, although some extreme cases like Will can probably get out of them. Hard to tell what this thing is capable of. As she's checking the bonds the thing's eyes snap open. Whether it just woke up or was waiting to startle Tereza is anybody's guess. It just stares at her for a moment, then it's brute shape diminishes, restraints adjusting as it does, until it's once again the woman in a business suit staring at Tereza.

"I really hate you guys." she informs her, sounding almost more comically disgruntled than actually angry, but maybe she's just really good at controlling how she comes across.
Business Mandy

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:06 pm

"So you've said," Tereza responds, "So... who are you?"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Business Mandy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:13 pm

"Business Mandy." she unhelpfully replies. "Somebody really screwed the pooch if they started with Two-Twentyseven and ended up with a Frostwolf."
Business Mandy

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:15 pm

"Life finds a way," Tereza says, deciding it's wiser to keep her theories about this to herself. "So tell me about 227."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Business Mandy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:18 pm

"Her existence is annoying and my life would be a lot easier if nobody had ever decided that making more ice and snow is really what was needed. And considering how amazingly useless Two-Twentyseven-A has been lately I'd rather be rid of the lot of you." she pouts.
Business Mandy

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:26 pm

"I'm happy to be making your life difficult," Tereza says with a smirk, "Good to know that what 227 told me is true though."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Business Mandy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:50 pm

"I can get you anything you'd ever care to know about what happened." she smirks, sensing an in. "Wasn't me who was in charge, but I can get you all the old files on the project."
Business Mandy

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Tereza briefly pretends to be contemplating the offer, "So who was in charge? Maybe I should be talking to them."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Business Mandy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:02 pm

"Oh he's gone. Rock fell on his head." she snickers at some kind of private joke.
Business Mandy

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:09 pm

"How sad for you," Tereza says, "I suppose I'll just have to find 227 and see what she knows then."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Business Mandy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:17 pm

"That supposed to be a threat? She walked away from this. If she'd wanted revenge she would have tried a long time ago. Instead she walked away. I can offer you the same thing."
Business Mandy

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:27 pm

"And I suppose all that's required is to leave you to rewrite people to your heart's content?"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Business Mandy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:08 pm

"Wouldn't be a deal if I didn't get anything out of it."
Business Mandy

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:23 pm

Tereza glances at the location data and then gives her a toothy grin, "Well, we're still over Russia at the moment. I suppose I could let you out right now."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Business Mandy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:30 pm

For a moment the woman doesn't say anything and just looks at Tereza with some trepidation, but seems like she's actually considering it.

"It would be worth it." she finally concludes.
Business Mandy

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:55 pm

"Only three problems with that," Tereza says, holding up three fingers. "One, it wouldn't get me the project files." She lowers her ring finger. "Two, you're a shapeshifter of some sort, so there's always wings." She lowers her index finger, "But the biggest problem is that I've been screwed over enough by assholes for several lifetimes and I have *no* confidence that you'd actually follow through on any promise you make."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Business Mandy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:20 pm

"Can't blame me for trying. So where are you taking me? Mother Russia's not going to like you forcibly extraditing me. We got Two-Twentyseven-A back from your precious school, I can't believe an international incident would look much better now than it would have a month ago. Rogue Mutant abducts Russian official in unsanctioned stealth-ship!" she bluffs.
Business Mandy

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:26 pm

"My sister isn't going to say a thing about you, because it would make her look foolish and she doesn't want to tip it to the baselines that there are mutants in their hierarchy," Tereza says, bluffing in return. "Your partners will know you're missing, but not where or who took you... because you didn't tell them who you'd caught."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to The Rest of the World