None More Grey

Space and other Dimensions, whether within the realm of the mind or other, less-savory regions.

None More Grey

Postby Narrator » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:34 pm

The wooden table is the room is more ovoid than round and made out of some dark wood and polished to a shine. At the "head" of the table, a lanky man with pointed ears and black hair lounges, one leg thrown over the arm of the chair. He's dressed in what would be court finery in a different time period and he toys with a long-bladed knife as he eyes the woman at the far end of the table.

The woman is dressed in a black satin dress that appears to have twinkling lights worked into the fabric. Her pale blonde hair is looped up into a snood, the netting of which has more twinkling bits worked into it. She raises an eyebrow as she regards the man and the semi-hostile audience sitting between him and her. Finally, the man speaks.

"She's stalling. Hopefully, for your sake, you have something to report. Unless you'd rather join the former Lady that is."

The woman snorts and responds, "My informant tells me that they expect the daughter to move to find the mother soon. Events have been conspiring to create delay."

"Not good enough!" This outburst comes from a rotund man sitting to the first speaker's right. "We've given her more than enough time to search. It's time we turn the screws."

"If we do that, Lord Vale, we will stir up her allies. Do you fancy facing multiple werewolves, a child of Earth, and the Morrigan? Not to mention a slew of mortals with powers that rival some of your guards?" She smirks as the rotund man's face pales ever so slightly. "I thought not."

"Regardless, the half-breed has had her time. If we wait too long, we may lose the Lady's power entirely and that would be a disaster."

"Perhaps I could lend a hand," says a man in red armor, tucking a horned helmet under one arm as he steps into the room.

Everyone turns to look at him and several faces sour. The woman in black actually frowns. The man at the head of the table is the only one to respond. "You. What do you want?"

"You seem to have worked yourself into a bind... and alerted the Morrigan in the process. Not what I would call a clean plan." The red-armored man smirks, "I said I'm here to lend a hand and I am."

"And what's your price for this assistance?"

"The Council can owe me a favor. And a chance to meet the Morrigan is one I would never turn down."

The Council looks at each other for a long moment and finally the man at the head of the table nods.

"Excellent! Now, here's what I propose we do..."
Narrator
Site Admin

Topic attributes:

Return to Elsewhere