You're The Fight They Can't Predict

Space and other Dimensions, whether within the realm of the mind or other, less-savory regions.

You're The Fight They Can't Predict

Postby Ryn » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:39 pm

Upon arriving back in her world, Ryn slips through another Ghost Path to 'her' spot in the Yellowstone wilderness. Finding a tree among many she pulls a sod of earth and plants up near the roots and slips the Wish-Orb into it, lowering the chunk of soil back into place. She takes the chance to rinse the lingering salt-water off herself in a nearby stream and proceeds back to the House and the Wyldclay's domain. Jar of clay in one hand she rings the bell on the counter repeatedly every two seconds or so.
Ryn

Re: You're The Fight They Can't Predict

Postby Wyll Wyldclay » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:11 pm

"Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Thank you for making sure the bell works, but I assure you, it has been fully tested, evaluated and certified for purpose," Wyll said, emerging from their backroom.

"You were even faster than expected, Rynusuke. Good hunting? Or did you come looking for more help?"
Wyll Wyldclay

Postby Ryn » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:12 pm

Ryn thunks down the jar, though she makes sure she's hitting the counter with her hand rather the container.

"I do what needs done. My favor is settled."
Ryn

Postby Wyll Wyldclay » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:59 pm

Wyll broke out into a grin, kneeling down to eye the jar at eye level.

"Oh, splendid, splendid! And you didn't even have to use the label.

How many did you manage to catch?" they asked, peering into the jar.
Wyll Wyldclay

Postby Ryn » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:27 pm

"One. Here, I can pull some scraps from between my teeth." she says, sucking on her teeth and spitting on Wyll's counter. There don't seem to be any bits of clay in there.
Ryn

Postby Wyll Wyldclay » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:35 am

"You are going to clean that up, or you are going to leave here two feet shorter," Wyll said, almost absentmindedly, as they stared into the jar.

"Just the one, hrm? Well, I suppose I can make do with that; it just may take a bit longer. I did say one at a bare minimum, and I suppose I could not expect more from a deva."
Wyll Wyldclay

Postby Ryn » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:57 pm

"You have spent your one chance of telling me what to do. If you wanted more you should have said so."
Ryn

Postby Wyll Wyldclay » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:42 pm

"I did, and you know that. I specifically said 'you are going to get some for me', and that one would satisfy at a 'bare minimum'. Or is your hearing as poor as your vocabulary?

Do not worry, you have fulfilled your end of the bargain by doing the bare minimum. You do not have to worry about repercussions for half-assing the request; only for repercussions if you do not clean up your mess."

Wyll carefully lifted the jar, holding it up to the light as they examined the clay inside.
Wyll Wyldclay

Postby Ryn » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:07 am

"All I heard was that one is enough." she says and, after a moment's hesitation, drags her sleeve across the counter to clean it up.

"They'll be quite mad." she helpfully adds.
Ryn

Postby Wyll Wyldclay » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:09 am

"Well, that sounds like your problem. Nothing to do with me," Wyll said, carefully picking up the jar. "I'm sure you explained yourself and the situation to everyone's satisfaction, if you chose to go in like a wrecking ball."
Wyll Wyldclay

Postby Ryn » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:11 am

Ryn scoffs and turns to head out.
Ryn

Topic attributes:

Return to Elsewhere