Meanwhile, In Another Place...

Space and other Dimensions, whether within the realm of the mind or other, less-savory regions.

Meanwhile, In Another Place...

Postby Narrator » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:41 pm

A small column of reinforced glass, maybe two feet tall, is held between complicated looking machinery. Little can be seen inside the containment tube due to the bright light inside of it, occasionally pulsing. The silhouette of a short person is standing in front of it, to her side a monitor is displaying a jerky graph with a downward trend. The rest of the room is full of similar monitoring equipment as well as thick strands of cables that lead elsewhere. The walls are a sterile grey steel that looks dull and old.

"We gotta do something." the figure says in a feminine, vaguely familiar voice. "The reactor's not feeling well. We need more energy, not less."

She waits as if waiting for a response that only she can hear while placing a hand on the curved glass almost affectionately.

"It's sick. If we don't do anything it's gonna die! I can't believe I have to point this out to you of all people."

Another pause.

"No, we can't. I wish I could ride it through but we need it to protect the base. We lose it and we're gonzo! There's not enough left to make another one."

Silence except for the faint hum of machinery.

"I knowww, but we know they didn't disintegrate! They made it through to somewhere."

A long pause during which the figure straightens her back and for a moment a grin is reflected in the glass of the containment chamber.

"Yesss! Into the great unknown! Ooh, I'm gonna take take Mr. Stompy!" the teenager exclaims and runs out of the room as we slowly zoom out. Through several rooms filled with all kinds of high-tech things, past what seems like barracks full of hunched-over people wearing uniforms and finally through a large dome of hexagonal glass panels that's covered in vines and the overgrowth of jungle. In the distance a small flock of Pterodactyls fly above the tree-tops and a rumbling roar echoes off the mountain range encircling the valley.
Narrator
Site Admin

Re: Meanwhile, In Another Place...

Postby Narrator » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:04 pm

Later that day...

Machines hum and computers rattle off a series of beeps as an array of pointy antennas protruding from a short column in the ceiling points down at the two figures standing in the room. One of them looks tiny in comparison but we don't get a good look at them before a computer announces "Slipstream Engaged!" and lightning arcs out from the array, striking the figures and leaving behind nothing. The machine, usually intended to teleport the user by feeding into a large dish on top of the facility that broadcasts them to the intended location, instead diverts the flow of energy through the complex, racing along powerlines and into the previously seen containment tube. A bright flash fills the room as spatial energy strikes the pulsing light inside. The lights flicker for a moment as the world collapses in on itself, energy spiraling down into a dimensional drain in the blink of an eye.
Narrator
Site Admin

Topic attributes:

Return to Elsewhere