Our Ship, In the Middle Of Our Fleet

Space and other Dimensions, whether within the realm of the mind or other, less-savory regions.

Our Ship, In the Middle Of Our Fleet

Postby Siberia » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:45 pm

The bridge of the Admiral Kuznetsov had been refitted several times over the years, replacing technology as things became obsolete. It still wasn't cutting edge, but it more than served the purpose for which it was intended. Siberia stepped away from the radio and turned to look at the sole decoration on her flagship's bridge. It was a panel of ice behind glass with some woman frozen into the ice. Her features were obscured and no one ever dared to ask the admiral who exactly the woman was. Without turning around, the Admiral began to give orders. "<Launch additional air support. Order the Liberator to prepare to intercept this 'Karl Marx'. Have the Lehnsherr take the Liberator's position in the formation.>" She stepped away then and looked over a map, "<They may just be pirates or smuggling scum off course, but tell the Liberator to tread carefully.>"
Siberia

Re: Our Ship, In the Middle Of Our Fleet

Postby Shatterstar » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:14 pm

A woman standing in the back speaks up. She's wearing an old flight jacket with a fur collar despite their location in the southern hemisphere. An eyepatch is covering one eye, hints of scar tissues showing on the edges where it doesn't quite cover the old injury.

"<With all due respect, we should just sink them. We've gone past 30° South, if The Order catches wind of our approach too soon we might as well pack it in. I can take care of it.>" she suggests, firmly staring at the back of Siberia's head. Her squad being stationed on the Admiral Kuznetsov was relatively new and a month of technically being under Siberia's command simply because of where her planes were parked was starting to grate on her.
Shatterstar

Postby Siberia » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:31 pm

"<You're not the least bit curious as to why there was no ship there and then suddenly a ship? If the Order has some sort of stealth technology, I want to see it. I don't want to risk phantom ships tailing my fleet, hitting us from behind. If it's not one of theirs, then at the very least we can commandeer it if it is useful. Waste not, want not, Shatterstar.>"
Siberia

Postby Shatterstar » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:59 pm

"<I just don't like this. Feels like a trap.>" she grumbles before reaching for the bulky radio clipped to her belt, clicking it on with a burst of static. "<This is Sky-Captain Shatterstar. Prep a recon flight, I want some actual eyes on this ship, over.>" She waits for the confirmation before going back to staring out the window past Siberia.
Shatterstar

Postby Siberia » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:13 pm

"<That is why we're sending the Liberator and not going ourselves. Just because I am curious, does not mean I am not also cautious.>" She glanced at the radio, "<I do wish we had telepaths like they stationed on the First Fleet. It would make communication so much less... primitive.>"
Siberia

Postby Shatterstar » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:23 pm

"<The First Fleet is... unique.>" she corrects herself, refraining from calling it creepy in front of Siberia, even though that was the truth as far as Shatterstar is concerned.
Shatterstar

Postby Siberia » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:37 pm

"<Indeed it is. More's the pity,>" she said, moving over to the window. On the flight deck, the recon flight took off and headed for the other ship, "<You could go with them if this concerns you that much.>"
Siberia

Postby Shatterstar » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:59 pm

"<Trying to get rid of me already, huh?>" she smirks, although she's not entirely joking. Siberia has a point though and she feels useless cooped up in here anyway. "<Keep at least one of them in the air until this is all sorted. Just in case.>" she says before heading for the door.

A couple minutes later her figure emerges onto the flight deck and in an arc of bright light she takes to the air, rising quickly until she's next to the recon plane. She exchanges a couple of hand-signals with the pilot before pulling ahead of the plane.
Shatterstar

Topic attributes:

Return to Elsewhere