Safe and Sound and Salty

Space and other Dimensions, whether within the realm of the mind or other, less-savory regions.

Safe and Sound and Salty

Postby Conduit » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:31 pm

The Slipstream chamber hums and over the next minute or so begins intermittently whisking people from the Indian Ocean and into the safety of the room. At first it's just mostly expendable troops, only really saved because the system is trying to narrow in on the two signals it finally manages to get a hold of in a large blue flash. Thresher's huge bulk holding a comparatively tiny Conduit, both drenched in sea-water, although one of them seems to be taking it much better than the other. The girl coughs and sputter, spitting out water as she comes to.
Conduit

Re: Safe and Sound and Salty

Postby Thresher » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:02 pm

"Take it slow," Thresher grunted somewhat affectionately. He was a ruthless killing machine, but he wasn't heartless.
Thresher

Postby Conduit » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:10 pm

"What... how's the..." she mumbles, as she drifts back to consciousness. "Thresher!" she suddenly screams out when she realizes where she is and who is talking to her. She throws her arms around the giant shark-monster's neck (or at least clings to it as much as her arms allow)

"Boy am I glad to see you! I met some people that were NO fun at all!"
Conduit

Postby Thresher » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:47 pm

"The ones in silly pajamas?" he asked.
Thresher

Postby Conduit » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:53 pm

"Yeah!" she says, clambering up to the back of Thresher's neck so she can ride on his 'shoulders'.

"One of 'em threw me down the stairs. And punched me out. The red-haired one. And I couldn't even blow 'em all up cause one of them's the thing we need. I think. The scanner said so at least."
Conduit

Postby Thresher » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:14 pm

"They shall pay for that," he growled.

"But you should have told The Professor you were going hunting," he admonished her, "Could have helped."
Thresher

Postby Conduit » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:19 pm

"It woulda been fine! The return beacon messed up somehow. It took the whole ship instead of just me and the green-haired guy." she says, climbing up until she's just straight up sitting on top of Thresher's head, leaning down till her upside-down head pokes into his field of vision. "Sides, She said it was real important cause the power from the Breach is wayyyy down."
Conduit

Postby Professor Haywire » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:40 pm

"What you are, young lady, is lucky the frost-addled barbarians aren't cleaning what's left of you off of the floor," a man in a lab coat said coldly from the entrance to the chamber, tapping his foot and looking generally miffed at being inconvenienced.
Professor Haywire

Postby Conduit » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:50 pm

"Oh lookie, it's the Professor!" she waves. "I dunno what you're all grumpy about. Your implant worked. Send an emergency signal and everything!" she says, tapping her head.
Conduit

Postby Professor Haywire » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:36 am

"I had to keep track of you somehow, since keeping you out of the Slipstream chamber isn't going to happen," Haywire groused.

"But recriminations can wait... I can tell by that look on Thresher's face that you found something."
Professor Haywire

Postby Conduit » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:23 am

"Aww, you are curious!" she grins. "Turns out that place I've been zapping the dinos to? You know, when I aim the Slipstream at the reactor? It's a whole 'nother world! They landed as supersonic jet near me and it was piloted by a robot. A real complicated one too. I, uhm, kinda knocked the both of those into the ocean, but that's cause they took away Mr. Stompy! Now I gotta make a new one..." she says, getting distracted.
Conduit

Postby Professor Haywire » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:48 am

"Stay on topic Conduit," Haywire said firmly, though patiently so far. "I'm assuming there's more. Not that accidentally creating a dimensional wormhole isn't intriguing," he added with a hint of bitter and jealous resentment.
Professor Haywire

Postby Conduit » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:22 am

"Oh. Yeah! I was getting all ready to go look for something that matches the quantum signature of the reactor and then those guys came in, you know, with that jet, and one of them was a perfect match! So then I... kinda ended up yanking the whole ship back over here along with all those other mean morons and then we ran into one of the Russian Fleets and instead of letting me blow them all up with all the missiles and such they knocked me out! Can you believe it? So I guess what I'm trying to get at is that either the green-haired thing is at the bottom of the ocean now or the Ruskies got it!" she says, ending just short of a ta-dah when she realizes that's bad.

"So... yeah. Partial success?" she says, her face scrunched up.
Conduit

Postby Professor Haywire » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:14 pm

"You found the protoform but you... lost it? Why you reck..." Haywire began, but just seethed quietly; there was no sense in antagonizing the little upstart that could destroy his life's work with a few words.

"Alright... we can salvage this. We still know where the fleet is. We'll just... have to move up unveiling my new trump card."
Professor Haywire

Postby Thresher » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Thresher grinned like a horribly toothy child, looking positively overjoyed.

"I still get to drive it right Shi... Professor?"
Thresher

Postby Conduit » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:55 pm

"Ooh, you wanna attack the fleet? Can I come!?"
Conduit

Postby Professor Haywire » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:01 pm

"But of course, to both of you. Assuming, of course, Big Sister approves of the operation."
Professor Haywire

Postby Conduit » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:14 pm

"Oh don't worry, I'll talk to Her! I dunno why she'd even say no!" she says, sliding down off of Thresher's back as if it was a slide, hitting the ground with a slight "Oof."
Conduit

Postby Professor Haywire » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:46 pm

"Get yourself ready my dear Thresh. I think you're going to have yourself a very fun day," Haywire grinned.
Professor Haywire

Postby Conduit » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:56 pm

"Ugh. You wanna go now? I'm tired!"
Conduit

Postby Professor Haywire » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:27 pm

"We must strike before the Russians know what they have."
Professor Haywire

Postby Conduit » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:40 pm

"I don't even know what exactly they have. They're too dumb to figure it out."