Flight School

Space and other Dimensions, whether within the realm of the mind or other, less-savory regions.

Flight School

Postby Shatterstar » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:22 am

At 600 hours sharp Shatterstar is standing at the edge of the flight deck, arms behind her back and looking out over the ocean. Behind her the flight deck is beginning to break out into activity, people prepping things for the first recon flight of the day and just generally working on maintenance. There are plenty of mutant abilities openly on display, be it super-strength as someone moves giant boxes around or fliers going back and forth.
Shatterstar

Re: Flight School

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:29 pm

Haley arrived about twenty seconds prior to 0600, winded from running most of the way from her bunk to the deck. She looked exhausted and wasn't able to hide it very well since she hadn't bothered to bring makeup with her on the mission.
Haley Crusek
Student

High Concept: Pint-sized Powerhouse
Aspect: Wannabe hero
Aspect: Shitty psychic
Aspect: Hothead
Aspect: Walmart-brand Tinkerbell

Postby Shatterstar » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:10 pm

"Would you look at that. You made it on time." Shatterstar says, turning around when she hears Haley panting. "And you're already out of breath." she shakes her head. "Alright, lemme see how high you can pull yourself."
Shatterstar

Postby Haley Crusek » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:34 pm

"No alarm. Big ship. Ran fast." she said, catching her breath. "Pull myself? What do you want me to do?"
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Shatterstar » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:28 pm

"Levitate. Hold yourself in the air. Whatever you want to call it. Fly." she says, hovering a couple feet in the air herself.
Shatterstar

Postby Haley Crusek » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:24 pm

Haley nodded. Finesse still wasn't exactly her strong suit, but team practice was doing her a lot of good and she'd been working pretty hard on her own in the Danger Room as well on this very thing.

"Alright..." she said, exhaling, closing her eyes for a moment and then opening them as she exerted her will against gravity and floated directly upwards. She paused floating about four feet off the deck, "...not that great at aiming where I'm going yet...I can do some really impressive jumps though--but those typically leave a crater where I land."
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Shatterstar » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:25 pm

"Because you're pushing against the ground. You're trying to yank and pull, trying to move something by holding a water-hose and pointing it around to whip you all over. Look how unstable you are." she says, rushing forward and closing the gap between them and coming to a full stop in an instant. She gives Haley's shoulder a rough shove that's bordering on a punch.
Shatterstar

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:32 am

It took every ounce of Haley's effort not to fall ass over teakettle through the air. She flailed her arms and stopped inches from landing flat on her back on the deck. She popped back up relatively quickly but it was still stiff and awkward.

"Alright..." she grunted, "...how else am I supposed to do this then?"
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Shatterstar » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:47 am

"Your power comes from inside you. Yeah, you can project it out to crush thing or move them around but you don't have to push it out to move yourself. It's right here and it can anchor you." she says, knocking her fist against her own chest. "Where you go, it goes. And vice versa. Visualize yourself moving to where you want to move and then make it happen."
Shatterstar

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:11 am

Haley looked puzzled for a moment, processing exactly what Shatterstar said, "...never really thought of it that way, I guess."

She chewed her lip, looking around the surrounding flight deck, then back down at the ground. She closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them again, taking a deep breath and exhaling, "Just make it happen," she murmured to herself.

She raised her arms up at her sides, floating upwards far more smoothly. She leaned forward and left, reaching with her arms and floated slowly in the direction she wanted to go, a wide grin spreading across her face. "Holy shit..."
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Shatterstar » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:15 am

By this point a couple people have gathered around, watching. They're all wearing flight patches of some kind and are other pilots, from the look of it.

"Congratulations, you just learned how to crawl." Shatterstar smirks. "Now let me see how fast you can get to the end of the flight deck." she says, gesturing, of course, down the long way. "I'll be waiting at the end. For every second you take I wanna see 1 push-up, 5 crunches and 3 squats. Now go!" she barks and shoots off herself, reaching the edge of the carrier in maybe two seconds flat.
Shatterstar

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:43 pm

Haley looked around at the gathering crowd, starting to get the tiniest bit of performance anxiety. She had barely registered Shatterstar's challenge when she zoomed off. She windmilled a bit in the air, managing to do a great unintentional Wile E. Coyote about to fall off a cliff impression before she shot forward unsteadily herself, taking a moment while moving forward to shove her arms forward to reduce drag from the wind.

She zoomed past Shatterstar a solid five seconds later and made a rough landing a few feet from the edge of the deck.

"Shit," she grumbled, picking herself up. "How long was that?
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Shatterstar » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:56 pm

"Five, maybe bit closer to six." Shatterstar comments flatly, clearly unimpressed. "Set of six, thirty, eighteen. Get to it and then the same back the other way!" she barks at the tiny blonde. Glancing over at the gathering crowd she projects her voice out a little more. "I wasn't aware this was a Broadway show! If you don't want to join her get to work!" she shouts, adding a quick "<Back to your posts!>" in Russian.
Shatterstar

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Haley cursed under her breath, and got down onto the deck where she started in vain to do regular push-ups. She quickly switched to knee push-ups which still seemed to be a struggle for her, before flipping onto her back and knocking out the crunches quickly and with pretty good form. She popped to her feet and finished with squats, pushing herself up one last time and panting a bit.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Shatterstar » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:31 pm

"To the other end of the ship, same thing, go!" Shatterstar barks and continues to chase Haley back and forth across the flight-deck for the next hour or so.
Shatterstar

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:30 pm

Haley wound up doing a lot of push-ups, crunches, and squats, and wiped out several times, but her control and speed dramatically improved with this kind of hard training.
Haley Crusek
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to Elsewhere