Thinktank

Space and other Dimensions, whether within the realm of the mind or other, less-savory regions.

Thinktank

Postby Narrator » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Not long after Conduit's rescue by Thresher everyone is called to gather into one of the room looking out over the jungle from the curved window made out of hexagonal panels that makes up part of the dome sitting on top of the Order's facility. The jungle stretches out below, creeping up to the compound where it sits partway up the mountain-range that makes up the edge of the valley. Most of the high-tech building is built into the rock but the glass dome and large tower housing countless satellite dishes, scanners and sensors as well as the transmission-column for the Slipstream Drive, rise above the rock and the vegetation.

Conduit is already there, sitting on the table and tinkering with a bunch of loose pieces of tech. She seems to be trying to put together some kind of ray-gun but it's very trial-and-error. Behind her on the wall is a large screen displaying what appears to be some kind of moving geometric pattern.
Narrator
Site Admin

Re: Thinktank

Postby Professor Haywire » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:11 pm

Haywire smirked at Conduit's amateur inventing as he walked in. His position was clearly safe; she could only create anything from his leftovers. "Keep up the good work Conduit," he said condescendingly.
Professor Haywire

Postby Thresher » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:19 pm

Thresher lumbered in soon after his master. He hoped it was a battle; he liked battles. Breaking enemies was what Shiro remade him for. It was fun.

He didn't know why Shiro was mean to Conduit. Conduit was nice. She gave him hugs.
Thresher

Postby Conduit » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Conduit, not being stupid and realizing when she's being made a fool of just sticks her tongue out at Haywire. He was just being jelly of her being better at using his own things. She may not be particularly gifted, but building things was something she could work on. When she didn't let herself get distracted, which happened frequently.
Conduit

Postby Professor Haywire » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:55 pm

Haywire turned to the "face" of his patron without sparing Conduit another word. "You rang?"
Professor Haywire

Postby Draken » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:04 pm

A man covered in dark grey silently moves through the room. He is wearing what appears to be a combination of light-weight body armor and a full body suit. Thin plate armor is covering more vital areas while the rest is covered by some kind of fabric. He looks around as he nears the front, then walks up next to Conduit. She would be able to sense the tech in his suit and weapons coming closer, though anyone relying on ears might have not heard his approach.

"Any idea what is going on?" A clearly modulated voice asks.
Draken

Postby Thresher » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:14 am

"Big Sis called a meeting," Thresher answered, "The Russians have the pro... proto.... the reactor thingy we need."
Thresher

Postby Conduit » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:42 am

"It's a protoplasmic omnimorph of some kind. And it had friends. Mean, awful friends."
Conduit

Postby Narrator » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:56 am

"And we require it." a completely artificial voice, bare of any gender or emotion chimes in from the screen, the geometric shape briefly becoming more abstract and erratic as it talks.

"The reactor has been failing for some time. Recently a critical threshold has been reached. It has been calculated that the Breach powering the reactor is burning through a quantum-locked compound of undetermined origin and will fail to supply enough energy to power the compound by the end of the year. The exotic compound will need to be replenished or ground will be lost to the Russians. A sample was successfully located and brought to our world by Conduit. Unfortunately it was secured by the Russians before it could be claimed by The Order."

A brief pause and a hologram manifests in the middle of the room above the table. It's showing numerous ships, including a large aircraft carrier.

"The fleet is on the move. Whether or not they are planning a direct assault is irrelevant. They will be intercept before that happens and the omnimorph will be retrieved. With increased reactor output their insignificant fleet will be crushed. A plan will need to be developed."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Professor Haywire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:35 pm

"Construction of the Architeuthis is finally ready for deployment, and Thresher's training with the Megalodon is complete. If we ambush them while they're navigating the sea ice, they won't stand a chance."
Professor Haywire

Postby Conduit » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:50 pm

"Very good. The correct timing and and location for commencing the attack will be calculated. You will make sure all systems are ready at the required time."

"Pff, I coulda piloted the Mega..." Conduit mumbles.

"Conduit, your skills will be more efficient when utilized elsewhere. The Architheutis' systems will require coordination."

"Fiiiine..." the technopath relents. "Tresher can have his toy. I guess I'll play with the Professor's instead." she adds, shooting a smug glance at Haywire.
Conduit

Postby Professor Haywire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:17 pm

"Technically they're all my toys," he pointed out. Counter-smug.
Professor Haywire

Postby Draken » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:11 pm

Are they always going to be like this?

Those two were always at it. He was far more on Conduit's side however. The girl's age was at least some excuse for her immature behavior, Haywire is old enough to act better in Draken's opinion.
He also considered Conduit a friend, one that he could at least mostly trust. He didn't trust Haywire at all.

"So, we are planning to attack the fleet. How do we make sure we acquire the omnimorph?"
Draken

Postby Conduit » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:15 pm

"I dunon. I figure if we sink the lot we'll just scan for it's signature and then haul the wreck he's in off the ocean floor!" Conduit lays out her flawless plan.
Conduit

Postby Professor Haywire » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:54 am

"Or we use stealth and guile actually befitting my..." Haywire said, coughing, "our combined genius."

"I suggest we..." he said, laying out his battle plan. Sea creature names and maniacal laughter were abundant.
Professor Haywire

Postby Draken » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:45 am

Draken just stood there silently thinking.

This is the best we can come up with? First there is Conduit and her simple non-plan. Then there is Haywire and his beyond convoluted plan. I mean, stealth and guile? Him? Don't make me laugh.
Draken

Topic attributes:

Return to Elsewhere