Hunt for the Red Fleet

Space and other Dimensions, whether within the realm of the mind or other, less-savory regions.

Hunt for the Red Fleet

Postby Conduit » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:17 am

The lighting in the control room is bright and as comfortable as fluorescent light can be. Arranged in a semi-circle are control stations manned by cavemen in neat grey uniforms, all sporting the Order's emblem. On the various screens and indicators are radar readouts, status screens, weapon systems and who knows what. There is also something simply labelled 'Architeuthis Synch Rate' that is filled with endlessly scrolling information. In the middle of the semi-circle, head behind a huge periscope, Conduit is sitting in the captain's chair. She pushes it up and looks around the room with glowing eyes.

"Approaching location." one of the crewmen informs the room in broken English.

"All systems stand by, all readings negative. Architeutis system still reports ships within detection range. Stupid Haywire! Shoulda let him calibrate it and run his dumb boring tests... Who knows how far this thing pings." she mutters and complains. "Power down the short-range Slipstream and cycle the weapon systems." she shouts at the room. Why she's not doing these things herself is anybody's guess, but she seems strained and less bouncy than usual. "Thresher, stand down. Still nuttin'." she informs her friend over the intercom.
Conduit

Re: Hunt for the Red Fleet

Postby Thresher » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:38 pm

"Aww c'mon! I've been itching to use this thing for months!" the violent fish-man complained.
Thresher

Postby Conduit » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:45 pm

"Yeah well then you gotta go shoot some fishies, cause there ain't anything else out there right now! Gimme a break, this thing's complicated and I dunno what it's picking up. How hard can it be to find a giant fleet?" she says, giving the periscope a spin to make it whirls around it's own axis a couple times. "Maybe we oughta surface and see if we can get a satellite image?"
Conduit

Postby Thresher » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:57 pm

"Uhh... couldn't that, like, ruin the ambush?"
Thresher

Postby Conduit » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:32 am

"It just... moves up the time table. To, like, right then! Shut up." she grumbles. "Fiiiine, I'll take us 5 degrees east and sweep the next sector. Where's Draken anyway?"
Conduit

Postby Thresher » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:40 am

"Probably off... being Draken?" he asked, "I dunno."
Thresher

Topic attributes:

Return to Elsewhere