Detention Cells

Space and other Dimensions, whether within the realm of the mind or other, less-savory regions.

Detention Cells

Postby Narrator » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:19 pm

It's hard to tell where exactly they are being moved to, but they can definitely notice going down for most of it. Finally, Hazard's forcefield dissipates and the sphere of ice around Emilie sags and groans and finally breaks open. They find themselves in a barebones prison cell, walls and even the bed made out of smooth metal. Instead of a door there's just the distinct shimmer of a forcefield. In the ceiling are what appear to be nozzles of some kind, presumably something to deal with unruly prisoners.
Narrator
Site Admin

Re: Detention Cells

Postby Emilie » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Emilie sighs and flops into lotus on the cell floor. Her eyes begin to casually scan her surroundings. She remained silent for the moment.
Emilie
Student

Postby Hazard » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:44 pm

"I'll get ou-out! I alwaays do-oo!" he told the camera in the corner with childlike insolence. "And then you'll regret it!" he growled.
Hazard

Postby Panopticon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:49 pm

The computer voice, clearly ignoring Hazard's threats, rings out again.

"You will explain your presence here. Are you working for the Russians?"
Panopticon

Postby Hazard » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:09 pm

"I work for the voices in my head. I'm here to let them out."
Hazard

Postby Emilie » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:05 pm

Emilie lied. "I'm here because I thought it'd be a gas, but I would love to hear more about the Red Menace if it's story time."
Emilie
Student

Postby Panopticon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:21 pm

There's a brief pause before the computer speaks up again.

"The United Russian Federacy is indeed a menace. They are a militaristic totalitarian regime of mutants that has become poisoned by the tyranny it replaced, trapping themselves in the very bigotry they sought to abolish. I am the sole remaining opposition and beacon of sanity in the stand against their so-called liberation. You will proof that you are not associated with them."
Panopticon

Postby Hazard » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:00 pm

"Bah... sanity is overrated. But surely a digital godling like you can tell we aren't exactly from this backwater universe. Or can you not scan our quantum signatures? Or did Pym and or Minamida create an invalid?"
Hazard

Postby Panopticon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:04 pm

"Your attempts to incite anger are not going to work. Your claims do indeed match my readings but that alone means nothing."
Panopticon

Postby Emilie » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:32 pm

" If you can scan our signature, can't you see we're new here too? Does your Rusky enemies often hire outside help, then not greet them upon their arrival?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Panopticon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:46 pm

"Other dimensionally displaced individuals have sided with them and engaged our operatives in combat."
Panopticon

Postby Emilie » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:59 pm

"Listen, I just got here. I don't know what's going on. Would you swear alligence to someone who just grabbed you and locked you in a cell?

I dunno shit about no Russians, but you're not exactly making the best impression. If you're so obsessed with convincing people you're the good guy, you're doin' a shit job of that."
Emilie
Student

Postby Panopticon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:20 pm

"I don't care to convince you of anything. I was assessing whether or not to flood the cell with nerve gas and rid myself of Russian spies or not. I imagine most peoples impression of me is quite poor. This is an acceptable result of doing what needs to be done."
Panopticon

Postby Hazard » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:58 pm

"I don't care about nations. In fact I'd just assume erase them all."

"But you're asking the wrong question Sister Transistor."
Hazard

Postby Emilie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:08 am

Were it a different situation, she'd egg the robo-voice into killing them both. She knew she'd come back, and it could potentially rid all wheres and whens of a genuinely terrible man.

But Victor was still out there somewhere, by himself. And so far as she knew he didn't have a way home yet.

Thusly, she remained silent on the matter, letting her eyelids lull closed in an attempt to block out the growingly annoying inquisitor.
Emilie
Student

Postby Panopticon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:39 am

"You're an erratic element. Too uncontrollable to set loose." the voice informs Hazard.

"You, on the other hand are something else entirely. Your quantum signature makes no sense." it goes on to address Emilie, apparently not caring whether she's trying to ignore her. "The decay signature of your native dimensional frequency is non-existant and your atomic composition is less than a month old. Did you suffer near-total disintegration recently?"
Panopticon

Postby Emilie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:49 am

She really wasn't comfortable discussing this in front of Hazard, but for the moment she felt like arguing with the disembodied voice seemed unwise.

That didn't stop her from her usual nerd-lingo Yoda impersonation that she took with strangers though.

"Yes." She replied under the assumption 'near-total disintegration' was tightly-wound AI talk for death. "I live, I die, I live again. Such is my lot in life."
Emilie
Student

Postby Panopticon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:58 am

"Interesting. You will comply to a blood sample being taken." she's informed, though unfortunately that apparently doesn't mean the forcefield is coming down, just that a compartment in the ceiling slides open and a robot-arm that usually would lower food comes down equipped with a syringe instead.
Panopticon

Postby Emilie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:30 am

Emilie laughed ruefully, but did, indeed comply.

"No offense, but I'm fairly certain the insolence is written into the DNA code. Good luck ferreting it out."

Emilie furrows her brow at the opening compartment. Winner,Winner, Chicken-Dinner.

She holds quite still as somehow, she is under the impression Nurse Cold-Unfeeling-Robot-Arm isn't going to be known for it's bedside manner.
Emilie
Student

Postby Panopticon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:36 am

She's quite correct, although it's also fairly precise. It's not fun but at least the computer seems to not go out of it's way to hurt her. The arm and sample withdraw back into the ceiling without further comment. Who knows what it wants with that anyway.
Panopticon

Postby Hazard » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:46 pm

Panopticon would detect a brief flux in Hazard's dimensional frequency. For a second, he had too many of them for even the AI to count. It normalized and he slowly began to laugh. "Control? Of ME? Is that what you think you have?"
Hazard

Postby Narrator » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:50 pm

"No. What I do have is you in a detention cell."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Emilie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:18 pm

Emilie winced at the needle piercing her skin, but was quickly distracted from the sharp quick pain by Hazard''s outburst. She considered telling him to chill it, that he was just wasting precious escape energy for when Victor finally sprung them, but she didn't want the computer's thoughts to return to the tiny man likely navigating it's inner bits.

Instead, she sends out a mental 'knock' at no one imparticular, wondering if the computer can feel her request for an invite into others mental barriers.
Emilie
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:22 pm

If the sensors picked up a spike in psychic activity there's no indication that they did. In her experience, even if it's detectable by technology it usually can't tap into the contents without some serious hardware in the style of Cerebro being involved.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Hazard » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:30 pm

"Do you?" he grinned before bursting into a cloud of glittering pixels and flying into the system via the camera.

Code: Select all
HELLO WORLD! Hack the Gibbon...Gimlet?... Whatever!
Hazard

Postby Panopticon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:38 pm

The first thing Hazard would be hit with is just how huge the computer system he just invaded is. It stretches through the entire facility and throbs in the heads of every single caveman in the compound as well as numerous dinosaurs. Above in the sky satellite glimmer with electronic data and below geothermal plants thrum. It's a whole new world and it is huge. And he's not alone in it. A presence saturates all of it, even if it's attention seems to be only in a handful of places at once. Most of that attention now narrows in on Hazard.

"You think just because you can breathe water that you're able to swim with the sharks?"
Panopticon

Postby Hazard » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:16 pm

Hazard didn't seem remotely intimidated by the ordered vastness before him. In fact his psuedo-digital avatar looked as pleased as a child about to flood an ant colony with a hose to see what happens.

"Oh but we're in the jungle."

A second, slightly different, Hazard avatar stepped out from the first.

<Hazard 2> Where the ant is king... or queen I guess.
Hazard

Postby Panopticon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:25 pm

"I don't care much for metaphors."

the other presence informs him, somehow sounding less stilted than how it sounded over the speakers earlier. Regardless, an abstract geometric figure materializes and fires a beam at the first Hazard, deleting the viral code.

"I do wonder what happens when your power destabilizes again and you're still in here. Will you end up smeared across my circuits like a bug?"
Panopticon

Postby Hazard » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:06 pm

<2> "We'll have to find out!"

He split into a good dozen of himself, armed with everything from a sword to an assault rifle.

<Sir Hazard> "Alas, thou shalt not see it."
<Major Hazard> "Alright you maggots!   Attack!"
<Ninja Hazard> "..."
<Hockey Mask Hazard> "Death death death, kill kill kill."

The Hazards began attacking the system with chaotic fervor, trying to spread not destruction but madness as they go.
Hazard

Postby Panopticon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:40 pm

If he made a concerted effort to attack any particular system he might have been able to take control of it and, say, disable the cell-block's forcefields or commandeer a bunch of cavemen to do his bidding. But Panopticon probably would have been more efficient at counteracting that. As it is the system struggles to keep up with trying to keep Hazards out of the numerous areas. Plenty get deleted but that does very little when he can just clone himself. In the end the system finally decides to quarantine him in the section he has gotten to. Carefully planned charges detonate throughout ducts and connections in the facility, disrupting cables and and connections, blowing out wireless transceivers and shutting both Panopticon and Hazard into two sections of the system as well as disconnecting numerous ones into their own autonomous sections.

On Hazard's side is the detention complex he entered through, some cameras, the manufacturing floor, the geothermal plant and the Slipstream Drive. Most of which is inoperable, it's code in shambles due to him breaking everything in his path. On the bright side, that does mean the forcefield keeping them in their cell fizzles out.

On Panopticon's side is the majority of the cameras, the deepest part of the system where all the instructions are coming from and the most important part, the heart of the entire facility, the Breach containment.

Operating autonomously now are the Neural Controllers instructing the cavemen, the base's weapon systems and basic functionality like pumping air through the facility, maintaining the Eco-Dome over the valley, allocating power throughout the place and other such things.

The good news is, this basically forced Panopticon to be cut off from everything else.
Panopticon

Postby Hazard » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:33 pm

Hazard abruptly changed tactics and began sending his viral copies into newly constructed robot drones and ordering newer, more unhinged designs to be built. When he had a large enough force, he'd send them to fight their way to the Breach.

In the meantime, the cell speaker crackled, "Time to get going now."
Hazard

Postby Emilie » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:36 am

Emilie couldn't tell what Hazard was up to exactly, but she figured it would either work itself out, or get the computer pissed and she was ready for either.

So when his voice cracked from the P/A, she bounced up from the floor quickly and left the cell. "Sure thing madcap, but we need to keep a look out for Victor... Unless you can see him from where-ever you are now?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Hazard » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:35 pm

"Afraid I don't see Tom Thumb anywhere Alice. But you should be worried about yourself right now. Yours isn't the only cell that opened."
Hazard

Postby Narrator » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:00 pm

And as if on cue, down the corridor surprised grunts can be heard.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Emilie » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:20 am

Emilie frowned and brought her shield up, walking confidently up the corridor, willing to follow Hazard's instructions and determined to knock out anyone stupid enough to get in her way.
Emilie
Student

Postby Hazard » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:56 am

After some wandering, Hazard re-materialized in front of her.

"Let's go Alice, your friends will be waiting."
Hazard

Postby Emilie » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:52 am

Emilie nodded in determination, and followed along.
Emilie
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to Elsewhere