The Breach

Space and other Dimensions, whether within the realm of the mind or other, less-savory regions.

Re: The Breach

Postby Siberia » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:44 pm

Losing limbs hurts, even to something as precise and all-consuming as a nanite swarm. So Siberia's not able to stop the initial screams of pain before her brain reflexively starts pulling the ice back together to plug up the wounds and keep her from bleeding out. Still, sans one leg and one arm, there's not much she can do besides lay there, try to cope with the pain, and stay conscious so her power doesn't let her wounds get out of hand.
Siberia

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:54 pm

Will, on the other hand, was fine! He crawled his torso back over to his legs, and started smashing himself back together.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:24 pm

Sam screams when she's struck, a noise that's mingled with a cacophony of cawing. Then, once the spike dissolves she sputters and tries ineffectually to right herself, her shoulder bleeding quite a bit.
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Emilie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:30 pm

Emilie wasted no time jumping on the prone form of the doctor, hitting her again now that she was down to make sure she wasn't going to get up again.

But when she went for a third strike, she froze abruptly as if someone was stopping her. An expression of internal conflict painted her face for a moments before she let off another bloodthirsty screech, more frustrated this time around, continuing to threaten the other woman into submission.

If she was even still conscious.
Emilie
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:47 pm

Panopticon is out cold after the first punch. The second blow seems to crack something underneath Emilie's fist and a small trickle of blood tinged with a metallic sheen dribbles out from Dr. Minamida's mouth. Taking a moment to actually look at her Emilie is fairly certain that another strike would have likely killed the woman, who looks like she just woke from a decade-long coma. The fact that she even managed to walk under her own power is probably only thanks to the nanomachines coursing through her body.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Emilie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:15 pm

Emilie managed to peel herself off the other woman, glaring at her the entire time. She didn't seem like she wanted to be nice to her at all. She *seemed* like she wanted to continue beating her head in until it was pulp.

What kept her from doing so was uncertain, though some could assume it was nothing more than the fact she was one of the only people in this conflict that didn'the end up some form of a smear.

That wasn't the true reason however.

"Bruce!" She barked out. "Help Sam stop bleeding! Take a flat piece of that robot there and heat it up with your charge, the press it into the wound! It might help cauterize it!

Can you check on Victor?" She asked of Will, noticing he was scooping himself up.

She herself went to her would be food service cohort.

"Do you need me to help you hold on? If I grab you, I might be able to help you reinforce your shields. "
Emilie
Student

Postby Siberia » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:21 pm

"I just need to stop the bleeding for now," Siberia says through gritted teeth, "can you manage that?"
Siberia

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:35 pm

"On it!" Bruce responded, hurrying over to the runner bot to rip off a strip of metal. He ran current through it until it glowed hot and approached Sam.

"This... is probably gonna hurt..." he said, hesitating.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

High Concept: Nascent Cardinal Guardian
Aspect: Adorkable Tech Genius
Aspect: Hero In The Blood
Aspect: Crowded Brain
Aspect: Werewolf Lover
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:47 pm

"Just... just do it," Sam mumbles weakly to Tosh.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:48 pm

"Victor? I'm not sure I've met Victor.

Victor! Vicccctor!" Will called, from his position on the ground.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Emilie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:35 pm

Emilie nodded, then dropped to her knees next to Siberia, reaching out her hands to the other's torso.

"This is gonna hurt." She warned her, before spreading her forcefield over most of her body, then concentrating specifically at the site of the missing appendages, using a strong telekinetic grip to apply a significant amount of compression to her wounds.
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:42 pm

Victor was still laying on his back, though at the sound of his name he did raise an arm, though it was kind of shaky. "P-present." He coughed.

A dark stain was beginning to form on the right breast of his sports coat, with another crimson one on the left thigh of his white slacks. Which was probably why he hadn't gotten back up already.
Victor Freud
Student

High Concept: Face Turning Heel
Aspect: Title of Your Sex Tape / The Gadfly
Aspect: Shrinky Dink Shenanigans
Aspect: Always Second Best
Aspect: Underestimating Badassery
Aspect: Dressed for Success

Postby Emilie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:48 pm

"Victor!" She called out from her spot. "I can't move right now, I am helping a woman who's missing body parts, I am gonna need you to give me a verbal assessment of your current situation."
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:08 pm

Victor thought about the question for the moment. "I... have all my parts I think. But my leg hurts. And it hurts to breathe. How are you?"
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:30 pm

"I'm mostly fine, thank you. Having a bubble does that for you.

Bruce, when you're finished with Sam, bring Victor to me... and like, help-" She paused, trying to remember his name as the one time they spoke they never exchanged them-" WIll put himself back together if he needs help, wouldja?"

Emilie seemed amazingly calm now, a stark contrast from her previous act as a total head smashing lunatic.
Emilie
Student

Postby Siberia » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:51 pm

Siberia was visibly sweating from the pain, something that some of the others couldn't recall ever seeing her do before. "Thank you," she says shakily to Emilie.
Siberia

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:56 pm

Bruce nodded to Emilie and put the hot metal to Sam's wound, wincing sympathetically. "Sorry about this."
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:00 am

Sam lets out another unholy scream because hey, she's not made of clay, but finally ends up panting after Bruce cauterizes the entry and exit wounds.

"Th-thanks..." she mumbles. "I'm just gonna... lie down for awhile."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:07 am

Emilie smiles a bit at the half alive woman.

"I don't know you too good, but we work together. I think if it were reversed, you'd probably do the same for me."
Emilie
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:16 am

Eventually, after they take care of the more grievous injuries and managing to stabilize everyone enough to not bleed out within the next hour, they get a chance to look around the room. Especially Tosh would probably find a number of things to investigate but the most relevant things are probably the readouts for what is still being powered. Most notably the facilities various defense turrets are offline in favor of keeping the factory and the cavemen control unit active. It probably wouldn't take much fiddling to shift power from the factory to the Slipstream.

Eventually they can hear the sounds of dozens of boots on the metal hallways. Eventually they find their way into the room and thankfully, when they do enter the room they're wearing Russian uniforms. The men look around in confusion, especially at Emilie and Vic, until the eyes of the leader falls on Siberia and he snaps to attention, followed with some delay by the rest of the troops. They look like they're been through some fighting themselves, but obviously they send the less injured ones into the enemy facility.

"Admiral!" the squad-leader exclaims at the state of his superior and gestures for some of his men to get out the med kits and pick up where their triage left of.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:27 am

"So," Will said, by this point upright but still discombobulated. "Has anyone asked this thing how it works, yet?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:30 am

Emilie was more than willing to let the Russians take their fearless leader. While she was much more comfortable with her powers than most thanks to her unusual circumstances, stabilizing two people was becoming a bit of a drain even on her.

Now that she was being relieved of her duties, she focused all her attention on Vic's situation.

"How we feeling champ?" She asked.
Emilie
Student

Postby Siberia » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:35 am

Siberia launches into relatively unimportant conversations with her troopers in Russian, finding out how things went. With the pain better managed, she's able to put together her own ice-wheelchair, so she can at least regain some dignity rather than lying on the floor.
Siberia

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:39 am

Victor was propped up a bit, his weapon laying on the floor beside him. His shirt was open and tie unfastened, chest bandages having gotten a bit bloody before Emilie arrived to stop the flow.

"I'm ain't gonna lie and put on an act, Em. I feel pretty bad. But you're okay, right? And the others? Jesus Christ I saw one guy get cut in half."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:48 am

"Since I can't hear machines talk... no, I haven't," Tosh told Will as he stared at a terminal. "Not that it'd make sense anyway. Our interdimensional lunatic really scrambled the code. It'd help if other me could be talked into helping but I don't see that happening."
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:54 am

"Dude that guy is like probably the best out of all of us. He doesn't seem to even care.

Definitely better than you." She laughed.

"I'm fine, don't worry." She reassures him again.

"You did the right thing." She adds, knowing Victor has probably already started to consider whether or not things would have gone better had he not plunged everything into anarchy.
Emilie
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:35 am

Sam herself has been in and out of consciousness because she did lose a bit of blood, and pain management isn't something Miss Kinney has covered yet.

"We gotta... do the thing." She mumbles.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:19 am

Toshiro Narumi wrote:"Since I can't hear machines talk... no, I haven't," Tosh told Will as he stared at a terminal. "Not that it'd make sense anyway. Our interdimensional lunatic really scrambled the code. It'd help if other me could be talked into helping but I don't see that happening."

"Well, I'm sure he's pretty scared then," Will said, patting the console. "You know how frightening it is to have your brains scrambled? We'll just have to calm him down."

Sam herself has been in and out of consciousness because she did lose a bit of blood, and pain management isn't something Miss Kinney has covered yet.

"We gotta... do the thing." She mumbles.

"The thing?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:43 am

"With... with the wound."

"It's another wound. Like the other one..."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:18 am

"Sam, I thought Tosh fixed you?" Will asked, confused. "Where are you broken?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:47 am

"Not my wound, that." She gestures to the breach before wincing.

"That's what's broken. That's what's torn, what's fraying even now at the edges. They think it won't spread just because they've caged it, but they're wrong."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:23 am

"You're saying we have to seal it up somehow? So it stops spreading?" Will mused, scratching his chin.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:20 pm

"The person who knows the most about these things in this room is currently lying unconscious on the floor for being a wailing idiot who can't manage to shut the fuck up for five minutes."

Emilie's gaze passed to Hazard's prone form.

"If we can avoid rousing him for his help, that's probably for the better.."
Emilie
Student

Postby Siberia » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:51 pm

"I would not recommend waking up her either," Siberia says, motioning towards Panopticon.
Siberia

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:29 pm

Will had walked back over the console and was examining it, quietly.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:38 pm

The computer seems very mean to Will. Like a puppy that's been yanked along on a chain for so long it's now angry by default. It doesn't help that it's main job seems to be directing huge amounts of energy to other places. Places that seem similarly angry. There's one system that feels particularly talkative, although still very strict and uptight about it. It feels like a train conductor sitting on top of a station, giving orders to keep everything running. Except there haven't been any trains recently.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:03 pm

"Programming doesn't work that way Will," Tosh sighed.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:08 pm

"Work in what way?" Will asked, absentmindedly, looking for ports or access points.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:10 pm

There are a couple proprietary-looking ports on the console.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:14 pm

"You can't just talk a program into altering itself," he answered. It was pretty obvious he didn't believe Will could actually converse with inanimate objects.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to Elsewhere