The Breach

Space and other Dimensions, whether within the realm of the mind or other, less-savory regions.

The Breach

Postby Narrator » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:13 pm

Everyone is making their way through the facility from various angles. Some are having a fairly easy time like Hazard and Emilie who aren't accosted by the rampaging creations of a factory run by a lunatic. They reach the room containing the Breach first. It's a large room with numerous consoles and sensors, all to analyze what is sitting sealed inside a large cylinder at the back of the room. A hum permeates the air even from a distance. Inside the clear cylinder is a tiny sliver of purest black, absorbing any light that hits it. Immediately around it is a corona of pure energy that is being whisked away upwards to provide power to the complex's energy-intensive systems.
Narrator
Site Admin

Re: The Breach

Postby Hazard » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:16 pm

Hazard sneered at the cylinder. "What sort of fool discovers a door to Infinity and uses it as a battery? No wonder this world is broken. No imagination or respect."
Hazard

Postby Emilie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:33 am

Emilie observes their target for a moment before speaking.

"I dunno, I think this takes a lot of imagination.

But I agree it's rather disrespectful to the order of things and just generally seems like a trademarkedly bad idea.

What now?" She asked, uncertain of what Hazard had planned.
Emilie
Student

Postby Hazard » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:41 am

He turned to face her, bearing an double plus extra manic cheshire grin as he moonwalked towards the reactor. What followed that expression was never good. "Why I'm here to open the door and blow Big Sister's mind wide open, and you and your friends are going to be my witnesses."
Hazard

Postby Emilie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:12 am

"Yea, I doubt we care. Like, as a collective, pretty sure I can vouch for them. Just send us home." She reminded him. "That's why I am here, and Victor too. To get our crew home. These people are obviously idiots with delusions of divinity so do whatever you want as far as that is concerned, but you need to help us get back first and foremost."
Emilie
Student

Postby Panopticon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:18 am

"Delusions of divinity? You certainly have a bad opinion of authority." a voice comes from the door they entered through. A Japanese woman in maybe her 50ies or 60ies is standing there. She looks frail for her age but standing under her own power. Grafted around her forehead is a silver band of metal and she's wearing some kind of plain white protective gown that someone working with computer chips in a clean-room might wear. "Which explains your choice of company, but now kindly step away from the dimensional instability. The both of you."

Behind her they two might be able to spot Vic.
Panopticon

Postby Victor Freud » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:51 am

Victor leaned to one side a little bit and waved to Emilie with a sort of smile that was half "look who I found" and "this is beyond fucked".
Victor Freud
Student

High Concept: Face Turning Heel
Aspect: Title of Your Sex Tape / The Gadfly
Aspect: Shrinky Dink Shenanigans
Aspect: Always Second Best
Aspect: Underestimating Badassery
Aspect: Dressed for Success

Postby Hazard » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Hazard cocked his head at the woman and, after a thoughtful look, laughed. "Ashlie's mom! Boy was I wrong on that one!"

"Step away? Why should I do that? It belongs to me more than it belongs to you. Why I bet you can't even hear it singing."
Hazard

Postby Panopticon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:57 pm

"That's because I am not insane. Miss, if you would kindly step away from the madman. Between me incarcerating you and your boyfriend destroying my system-interface I'm willing to graciously call it even." she says, walking further into the room towards Hazard and Emilie. She seem hesitant with them so close to the Breach.
Panopticon

Postby Emilie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:11 pm

"Don't act like you're better than this asshole, you ain't." Emilie replied to the good doctor as she looked sidelong at Hazard while raising her hands up in surrender to indicate she wasn't going to cause a fuss like he obviously intended to, backing up slightly.

"Hey big guy." She replied to Vic's wave and smile. " It''s all gonna be good."
Emilie
Student

Postby Panopticon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:24 pm

That seemed to be all she'd waited for. A cloud of nanites flows into the room and towards Hazard, assembling itself into a solid mass on the way and slamming into him, knocking him away from the Breach and sending him sliding across the floor. Panopticon/Dr. Minamida barely even blinks.

That's about the time a clanking and wobbling robot runs into the room, banging into the doorframe and going down in a less than graceful pirouette. Hot on the machines heels are Will, Sam and Siberia.
Panopticon

Postby Siberia » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Siberia's bulked her ice up significantly, so it now more resembles an armored suit than a catsuit. She stops to assess the situation, "Well, this suddenly became complicated."
Siberia

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:22 pm

"Ash?" Bruce asked, blinking, "No... Ash's mom? Trippy."
Toshiro Narumi
Student

High Concept: Nascent Cardinal Guardian
Aspect: Adorkable Tech Genius
Aspect: Hero In The Blood
Aspect: Crowded Brain
Aspect: Werewolf Lover
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Emilie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:33 pm

"Hey guys." Emilie replied in a sing song voice and basically not even flinching at the violence shown to Hazard. "Oh great, you brought a Russian. Super. Now we get to listen to more of Dr.Akagi's fuckin' malarkey nonsense."
Emilie
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:47 pm

"Hey! It's other people we know!" Will smiled, the buzzsaw still sticking out of his chest.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:59 pm

"I'd ask what you lot are doing here, but apparently you hitched a ride with a mad boy."
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Hazard » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:27 pm

Hazard shook his head to dismiss the colorful sparks dancing around his head before wobbling to his feet.

"Time to die..." he said in a dazed voice before aiming a palm at Dr. Minamida. Colorful sparks flew out. He stomped and tugged at his hair. "No! No! No! Not Jubilee mode again! Damn it!"

Tilting his head as if listening, he said, "Don't blame me! It's not my fault lady luck is stupid!"
Hazard

Postby Panopticon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:43 pm

"That's enough!" Panopticon decides, the mass of nanites that slammed into Hazard splitting into four pieces, each flying at him again with enough force to lift him up and slam him into the wall, each chunk of nanites molding around his wrists and feet and into the wall. At the same time more of the microscopic robots gather around her in loose strands, one of which lashes out at Siberia without warning, leaving deep gouges in the ice with each slash as Panopticon tries to back her into a wall as well.

"And you clearly don't learn your lessons very well, Admiral, but I suppose I should thank you for succeeding where Conduit failed and delivering the omnimorph to me." she adds, calmly looking over to Will and the sawblade sticking out of him.
Panopticon

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:50 pm

"If you think we're giving up Will, you've got another thing coming."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Siberia » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:56 pm

"And you teach no lessons worth learning," Siberia responds with a grimace at the blows. Ice coats the floor around her as the temperature around her drops well into the basement. "I've always been more of a self-taught individual at any rate." The cold suddenly leaps forwards, trying to run down the strand, using the metal to conduct the bitter cold back to the source.
Siberia

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:58 pm

"Um. If it gets everyone else back home safely..." Will began.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:05 pm

"There's no way we're leaving anyone behind Will," Bruce vowed, turning up his voltage and giving Panopticon a defiant stare.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:06 pm

"If you make a move on Will, Bruce here is going to let out an EMP and break all your lovely little toys."

It's a bluff, and Sam's not sure if Bruce can do that, but it sounds convincing.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Panopticon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:12 pm

The cold spreads through the nanites and freezes them in whatever configuration they were. It doesn't spread very far though, the semi-solid strand spreading out into a cloud and reforming as a separate piece, leaving a chunk of frozen nanites to fall to the floor while the rest of them continue shredding Siberia's armor bit by bit.

Panopticon herself is still calmly watching the proceedings, especially the fact that despite their words they have yet to attack her. "Looks like they're more concerned about their own than you, Admiral." she taunts Siberia before turning to Sam and company "I don't care about the omnimorph's consciousness. All I need is enough material with it's unique quantum signature. With the Breach reinforced I can power the Slipstream Drive and send you home. And wipe out the remains of the army you brought to my doorstep." She's maybe being a little bit too calm to be talking about wiping out hundreds of mutants still engaged in the battle outside.
Panopticon

Postby Emilie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:10 pm

"The Nut job wanted me here to open the door to here, God knows what she wants to do with you." Emilie called out to Will.

"It's a trick, don't let her fool you. She'll probably use you to hurt more people, or put more computer modules into harmless creatures brains or something like she did with the cavemen dudes."
Emilie
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:19 pm

"Or like Conduit did to a couple dozen British sailors."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Siberia » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:42 pm

"They can be a little slow," Siberia says as she tries and slowly fails to reinforce her armor against the nanite whips, "but they get there eventually."
Siberia

Postby Victor Freud » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:09 pm

"So this is the dimension where everyone is an asshole? You know what? Fuck all this shit."

Even above the pandemonium, the loud crack of a firearm going off was notable. A brilliant red light arced narrowly above the heads of those standing in front of Victor, traveling toward the clear cylinder... where it bounced off and landed on the floor, burning brilliantly but harmlessly for about seven seconds.

Anyone looking in his direction would see Victor cracking open a little orange Orion flare gun and shaking out the spent 12 gauge cartridge, a hand fishing around in his coat pocket for another one. He had never trusted Hazard, and when he found the emergency bag aboard the little skiff they'd taken to arrive in this dimension he had pocketed it in case things had gone south. But now it served as little more than a distraction for others to capitalize upon.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:24 pm

Dr. Minamida was right, she didn't give much of a shit about the Russian woman who was an obvious dupe of her accidental lunchroom coworker. But she was wrong in assuming Emilie wasn't going to do anything. She was just waiting for the signal.

So the words 'fuck this shit' dropping from Victor's mouth was all the signal she needed to race towards the Pantinomnomnomnicon with a terrifying scream more akin to a war goddess (or a metal musician) than the tiny thing barrelling towards her with it's shield up looking to body check her and throw her off her game.
Emilie
Student

Postby Panopticon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:58 pm

Panopticon's head does snap towards the Breach when something bounces off it's casing, clearly concerned about the core of her entire operation. It also made her eyes fall on the red-head charging at her with a scream. The emaciated woman would probably end up with numerous broken bones if it wasn't for the cloud of nanites suddenly descending around Emilie. They can't penetrate her forcefield but they can harden into a perfect outline of said forcefield, creating enough drag to bring her to a stop a couple feet from Dr. Minamida, countless strands of nanites holding her back and anchoring her to the floor.

"The offer has expired." she decides witha disapproving look at Emilie and more nanites begin swirling through the air. One disintegrating whip lashes out at Will, finishing what the sawblade started and bisecting him tight through the torso. There does seem to be a limit to how many of those shredder sections she can have going at once though. A couple of tiny chunks instead fire off at Vic like bullets while another section rapidly grows out into a pole that slams into Bruce, knocking him back and into a wall. The pole immediately explodes into a cloud of tiny robots again that settle on Sam in quarter-sized patches that start shocking her with electricity. Each individual one doesn't deliver much of a punch but there are dozens of them and each one causes brief muscle spasms as it fires.
Panopticon

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:10 am

Bruce dented the wall on impact and thudded onto the floor. He rose with a groan and Panopticon. He broke into a charge and slid into a cloud of nanites to deliver a ThunderclapTM. It wasn't a room-size EMP, but it would probably do some damage.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:14 am

Will cried out, and fell to the ground with a wet splorch.

Well, two wet splorches, technically.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Siberia » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:23 am

Siberia takes advantage of Panopticon's split focus to freeze the nanites around Emilie. Once they're covered in ice, she can peel them off Emilie's force field.
Siberia

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:43 am

Sam grits her teeth, her limbs curling as she's shocked. She blinks past pain, what appear to be... beaks? ...trying to emerge from her skin.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Emilie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:01 am

Once Emilie noticed *someone* was trying to get her free, she grinned and pulled back her forcefield tightly against her skin to throw off the nanites and assist this other person in freeing her. Quietly, she thanked herself for not having given that secret away to the crazy lady who'd already imprisoned her in a shell once today.

She pulled herself back ready to lunge, so she could burst forward towards Dr.Minamida again full bore as soon as the opening was large enough, her arm reeled back ready to smash the hopefully unawares woman if nothing stopped her first.
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:05 am

Victor snapped the flare gun back in place and looked up just in time to get struck by a nano projectile, the force of which threw him onto his back.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Panopticon » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:10 pm

Toshiro Narumi wrote:Bruce dented the wall on impact and thudded onto the floor. He rose with a groan and Panopticon. He broke into a charge and slid into a cloud of nanites to deliver a ThunderclapTM. It wasn't a room-size EMP, but it would probably do some damage.

The nanites in his immediate surroundings fizzled and slowly sink to the floor like metallic snow. And it's a good thing he didn't wait very long after diving into the cloud either because numerous chunks fall from the air faster and clatter to the ground as small, razorsharp knives that were poised to slice into Bruce. It seems Panopticon did not expect what she assumes to be Thresher's counterpart to have electrical powers.

Samantha McManus wrote:Sam grits her teeth, her limbs curling as she's shocked. She blinks past pain, what appear to be... beaks? ...trying to emerge from her skin.

With their target briefly immobilized Panopticon doesn't wait to find out what else beyond Telepathy Sam might be capable of. From the cloud of nanomachines a thick emerges, the tip buzzing with just enough shredder nanites to drive the spear effortlessly through Sam's shoulder and into the ground, where they immediately meld into the floor. More spears begin totake shape from gathering nanites...

Siberia wrote:Siberia takes advantage of Panopticon's split focus to freeze the nanites around Emilie. Once they're covered in ice, she can peel them off Emilie's force field.

It's a process that's slower than usual, even slower than before. It seems Panopticon is heating up the cloud somehow to counteract Siberia's power. Still, she manages to spread the cold through the strands tethering Emilie to the ground and she notices the girl beginning to slip out of the grasp when she suddenly loses her balance. It's only then that the pain hits along with the realization that she'd lost track of some of the silent nanite whips. One moment of split attention and they sliced right through her leg, just below the knee. As she's falling another fuzzy gray mass shoots at her, narrowly missing her head and instead enveloping her arm. The nanite cloud turns dark red for a moment as millions of tiny robots disintegrate everything caught within. The cloud begins to swirl as it descends when...

Emilie wrote:Once Emilie noticed *someone* was trying to get her free, she grinned and pulled back her forcefield tightly against her skin to throw off the nanites and assist this other person in freeing her. Quietly, she thanked herself for not having given that secret away to the crazy lady who'd already imprisoned her in a shell once today.

She pulled herself back ready to lunge, so she could burst forward towards Dr.Minamida again full bore as soon as the opening was large enough, her arm reeled back ready to smash the hopefully unawares woman if nothing stopped her first.

Panopticon was ready for the freezing nanites. The ice still managed to peel back some of the strands, creating an opening even as more strands form to try and replace the ones falling away encased in ice. Panopticon was even ready for Emilie to drop her shield to try and escape. Two needle thin lines are in place to spear right through the girl as she breaks free. What she didn't expect was Emilie pulling in the forcefield. The ultimately fragile nanite filaments slide off the field as Panopticon's eyes go wide in surprise and the realization that she might actually lose. All nanites in the room suddenly stop what they were doing just a moment ago and converge on the two of them in a desperate attempt to stop Emilie. The cloud closes around them like a giant fist just as Emilie's fist connects with Dr. Minamida's jaw. Her head snaps around and as it does the cloud of nanites collapse to the floor in a silvery rain along with the Doctor.
Panopticon

Postby Hazard » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:28 pm

Hazard hopped happily upon being freed and quietly started for the reactor again.
Hazard

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:29 pm

A hulking shadow stomped up behind Hazard, who turned just in time to get grabbed by a large electrified hand.

"Skadoosh."
Last edited by Toshiro Narumi on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Hazard » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:29 pm

Hazard did an involuntary jig and collapsed.
Hazard

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to Elsewhere