To: Students, Staff

Newsfeeds, E-Mails, story-important websites and anything that happens in Cyberspace.

To: Students, Staff

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:14 am

Subject: Feb 14 party- Volunteers wanted!

Hey there X-peeps! If you were at the Battle of the Willenium you probably saw us there selling pizza and stuff for a fundraiser. That's because on Feb. 14th the Xavier University Pride Society will be hosting a fancy dress party unlike any other going on that week! There's going to be lots of hearts and cupids floating around everywhere else so we decided to throw a little bash that everyone can enjoy, not just couples. What kind of a party would we throw at a boarding school, in England, and the students have special powers?

Muggles, Mudbloods, and Purebloods are all welcome to attend! Don't know much about the series? Don't worry about it! We'll have the sorting hat on-site to get you on the fast-track to representing your new house with pride. For those of you looking to source a costume; mention you're from XU at Fancydress365 in Maldon to get a 20% discount on HP-related costume purchases and rentals (provided you return the costume the next day).

XUPS is looking for volunteers and donations to help with decorating, activities, and snacks & refreshments. Please respond to this email or see Jezabelle Sherlock if you have any questions or want to lend a hand.
Two's company, she's a...
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

High Concept: Soapbox Sadie with a Secret
Aspect: Painfully Situational Sociability
Aspect: Good is Not Soft
Aspect: Master Multitasker
Aspect: Gamer Chick
Aspect: Tumblr

Re: To: Students, Staff

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:37 am

Reply to: jsherlock@xu.edu

Good day Ms.Sherlock,

Madame Rosenhof and I have discussed it and would be delighted to assist you however we can. Keep us in the loop on any planning meetings and the like we will need to attend.

Best Regards,

Basil Benson
Basil Benson
Student

High Concept: Unwitting Heir to a Secret Legacy
Aspect: More Money Than Sense
Aspect: Ward of Unwanted Protectors
Aspect: Inconsistently Invisible
Aspect: Weirdness Magnet
Aspect: Covert Pervert

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:41 am

Reply to: bbenson@xu.edu

Basil,
That'd be great! Do you think that Colette would be able to make some snacks for us if I got her the ingredients and recipes? That would be a HUGE help. And we can always use another set of hands when it comes to decorating and getting supplies. Please let me know of any ideas you have, right now I'm checking to see if Poundland carries any battery candles that we can hang from the ceiling.

Jez

Basil Benson wrote:Reply to: jsherlock@xu.edu

Good day Ms.Sherlock,

Madame Rosenhof and I have discussed it and would be delighted to assist you however we can. Keep us in the loop on any planning meetings and the like we will need to attend.

Best Regards,

Basil Benson
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:37 pm

Reply from: bbenson@xu.edu
To: jsherlock@xu.edu

They should, of the votive variety.

Madame says she would be delighted to help with food preparation. (As an aside: generally speaking the cuter or more unusual it is, the better. She's always up for a challenge, so don't shy away from anything you might think too out there as I'm sure she'd take a crack at it.)

What are we doing about libations? The obvious go to is butterbeer, but some people aren't partial to butterscotch, no matter how light.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Stephanie Kaltiera » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:18 pm

Hello!

I’m working that night anyway, so I’m happy to tend bar and help dream up some fun drinks.

- Stephanie
Stephanie Kaltiera

High Concept: Reluctant Werewolf
Aspect: New Mutant
Aspect: Faithful
Aspect: Smitten with a Shark

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:55 am

CC: skaltiera@xu.edu

Well it looks like we have drinks settled, thanks Stephanie! XUPS will provide a couple of non-alcoholic "punches", and I can see about getting some ingredients the XUB doesn't normally have behind the bar - food-safe glitter is a must. Stephanie, I'll try to get you some drink recipes ASAP to help with inspiration. And Basil I'll have to get you those treat recipes so you can pass them on to Colette for me. Let her know that whatever ones she does decide to do, we'll get her the ingredients. I've already ordered a couple of frog baking molds that are supposed to be good for chocolate as well, but I think I'll head into Maldon this weekend to check out some of the party supply shops, they might even cut us a deal if it's old stock.

Oh Stephanie, let me know if you need or want any costume pieces - I'm sure I have some stuff I can lend out, and that's the least I can do if you're having to deal with a bunch of drunk nerds waving wands around. That offer extends to you as well Basil, with your donation we've already had a pretty great head start on getting supplies. Did you know they sell like ten pound bulk packages of bean boozled jelly beans!?

- Jez
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:27 am

CC: skaltiera@xu.edu

Let me know if a ride with a boot would be if any use to you in your shopping, I could give you a ride about if need be.

I won't need a costume, I'm set already. Being a dishy, blue eyed, curly haired Hufflepuff makes a costume choice a shoe in. ; )

I do appreciate the offer however.

Also: Why? Who needs 4.5 kilos of vomit flavoured sweets?!
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:07 am

Think about who will be attending the party with you.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:23 am

Iiiiiiiiii mmmeeeeaaannnnn..... =/

Valid point I suppose, but to be fair I don't remember her ever mentioning the taste of bogeys or soap were particularly appealing.
Basil Benson
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to The Web