Youtube Channel: FriendlyNeighborhoodMutant (Open)

Newsfeeds, E-Mails, story-important websites and anything that happens in Cyberspace.

Youtube Channel: FriendlyNeighborhoodMutant (Open)

Postby Alex Maurell » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:34 pm

((Open, also I have the psd of a blank version if any body wants to do anything web video related))
Transcript:
"Hey everyone, it's your Friendly Neighborhood Mutant here with my first video, slash audio commentary thing. A lot of you are probably wondering why I'm not showing myself and that's generally because I'm going to be talking about mutants and mutation and all that fun stuff and a lot of really angry people out there would probably want to punch my face in for daring to do so. So, audio only to protect my face from said punching...But yeah, I'm gonna be talking about mutants and mutation and kinda trying to clear a few of the falsehoods people may believe about mutants."

Transcript:
"So, one of the big things I hear from both mutants and nonmutants alike is the idea that we're a new species. This is a very debatable idea and there's a lot of back and forth within the community of evolutionary biologist. This is because the differences between those who are mutants and those who aren't are not that great, genetically speaking. The fact of the matter is that nonmutants, quote, unquote normal people are still giving birth to mutants and mutants are giving birth to normal people."

"Mutants aren't so much a new species as they are a variant of humanity for the moment. Kind of like how people of different origins create a wide spectrum of genetic traits, dark or light skin, wide noses or narrow noses, so on and so forth. The big thing here is that being a born mutant seems to be affect the whole of humanity rather than a specific set in particular parts of the world."

Transcript:
"Which brings me to my next point, worse than thinking mutants are a new species, is the awful myth that you can catch mutation like a virus. Just like the myth of catching the gay, you can not in fact catch mutation. Being around a mutant, skin contact, hugs, handshakes, kissing, whatever interaction you like will not make you a mutant. This is the myth that baffles me the most because it has this profound misunderstanding of what mutation and being a mutant actually means."

"To use layman's terms mutation, any mutation, simply means a change in the genetic sequence. This can range from things like hetero-chroma to albinism to things you can't even see. Mutation can leave the gene unchanged, alter it, or even break it. For mutants it's properly a couple of genes that gets changed in some significant way, rather than a single one, though there is evidence for a trigger gene. A child being a mutant is caused by the parents carrying the right genes for it and again both those parents could not be mutants and still have mutant children."

Transcript:
"Actually you know might be worse than the virus idea? The idea that being a mutant makes one inherently violent or evil. I think that's the one that scared me the most as a kid, that I was doomed to be a monster. Honestly it's just as bad as believing that because someone is a particular race their doomed to act a certain way or live a certain life. That what one inherits as part of their genetic coding is the deciding factor. It's almost a self fulfilling prophecy brought about by someone-else's fear acting upon an otherwise decent person."

"For example, my parents freaked out when they found out I was a mutant, they were almost going to kick me out. I was 13 and I got lucky. But looking at the laws and statistics concerning homeless minors, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended doing unsavory things to survive. Now looking at the stats for the number of people who are disowned or kicked out or fired for being a mutant. Are you really surprised that they would use their gifts to enact some power over their lives? It's really a matter of nurture in this case guys. I won't deny that some mutations are scary or hard to control, but nobody over came something like that by getting kicked in the face."

Transcript:
"Unfortunately that's all the time I have for now guys. So give a like if you liked it, feel free to ask some questions or comment. I might do more later if I need to clarify anything or expand on this topic. Don't be shy to voice your opinions but be aware I won't support verbal abuse. Be good to each other in comments section, bye bye."
Alex Maurell
Student

Re: Youtube Channel: FriendlyNeighborhoodMutant (Open)

Postby Molly McFly » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Molly McFly Likes This
Molly McFly
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Stormshark2010
This mutant vs human crap has to stop on both sides. Perpetuating the myth that the two are separate species hurts all of us.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

High Concept: Nascent Cardinal Guardian
Aspect: Adorkable Tech Genius
Aspect: Hero In The Blood
Aspect: Crowded Brain
Aspect: Werewolf Lover
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Sphinx101
yeah but the humans started it
they're just jealous cause they can't fly lol
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Topic attributes:

Return to The Web