All Who Wander...

Up until recently maintained as a museum, the childhood home of the Braddock family has been pressed into service as classroom space for the University. Additionally, the increased demands have led to the main ballroom being converted into a cafeteria for University students on a meal plan. The old library has been bolstered with college textbooks.

Re: All Who Wander...

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:11 pm

"Maybe, the murder... your murder happened before I was born," Sean said, "Could also be you've seen me before. Maybe when I was younger or something, aye? The two planes seem rather close to one another seeing as I wandered into yours unintentionally and you could see me other times."

"I... I could take you back if you want," Sean said as he tried to look at the currents of magic around Hannah trying to see if they looked familiar or if they could give him a clue about the nature of the plane she'd come from.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:38 pm

"Oh god, please no!" she says, taking half a step back at the suggestion. "I don't ever want to go back there!"

Trying to look at the patterns around Hannah is hard and feels like it might require an actual spell to really reveal. As it is he can get a sense of the spell he cast to pull her here wrapped around her like an anchor. Or a shell encasing... something. It's like looking into a kaleidoscope of smoke and mirrors and it almost seems like all the different gleams of light and color would dissipate like the ephemeral pieces they are if it wasn't for the spell. Whatever she is, she is definitely not meant to occupy this plane of existence like this. That said she doesn't really feel like she belongs in that desolate patch of the Astral either. She kind of seems like she shouldn't exist at all.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:38 am

Sean was broken from the reverie of observing the kaleidoscope of magic that seemed to make up Hannah or rather was around whatever it was that Hannah was.

"Don't worry I'm not about to send you back if you want to stay, Hannah," Sean said controlling his curiosity for the moment and not wanting to scare Hannah off with more magic. "I just also don't want to keep you here if you'd rather be back either."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:08 pm

"You said you've been there. Would you wanna go back? That place is awful." she says, a bit of anger mixed in with the relief still. But at least her eyes aren't wide with fear anymore.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:42 pm

"Not particularly, I just don't want to be known as some kind of extra-planar kidnapper," Sean said, "It was certainly in shambles and had at least one nightmarish resident."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:02 pm

"Yeah, there's... things around. I was always worried that's what happens to you if you stay there too long, but it never did, so maybe it's just monsters."
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:28 pm

"Did they ever attack you or anything?" Sean asked.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:56 pm

"They chased me a couple times, but I got away. Most of the time I thought there might be any of them around I just hid. Everything's quiet over there, so when there's footsteps or doors slamming or anything I just started running or crawled into a musty closet or something. The stretches where there's no city were the worst..."
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:02 am

"No place to hide I imagine," Sean said, "Even the city was pretty desolate. Nothing but ruins."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:17 pm

"Yeah... This is much better." she says, holding up the little paper construct perched on her finger and managing to crack a faint smile.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:34 pm

"No real need to hide here," Sean said, "Maybe at first while I figure out how to explain your existence to the Headmistress."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:42 pm

"Headmistress?" she asks before she clues in on Sean's accent and what he'd mentioned before. "Oh! Right, yeah. You think they'll let me stay here?"
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:50 pm

"Probably?" Sean said uncertainly. "The school took in a werewolf, so why not somebody rescued from another plane? Though the headmistress will probably believe none of the explanation I give her about how this happened."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:10 pm

"I'm not entirely sure how to explain it myself, so I guess I couldn't blame her for that." she says, looking around awkwardly. The mentioning of werewolves seems to have no significant impact on her. "I suppose a school for the weird is as good a place for me as I'll find." she adds, still mustering a smile that barely holds.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:44 pm

I do.

Sean thought to himself.

"There's a certain amount of camaraderie when you find a bunch of people whose lives are just as odd as yours," Sean smiled. "I'm certainly less lonely now than I was when I was digging around in old libraries by myself trying to scrounge up old books or taking long weekends away so I could practice using magic."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:14 pm

"You didn't have any friends growing up?"
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:40 pm

"Not really, no," Sean said, "I knew people and people knew me. Closest thing to a friend was the person my parents hired to mind me when they would go off on business."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:07 pm

"That's the saddest thing I've heard in a long time..." says the girl who claims to have been murdered numerous times.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:33 pm

"Really?" Sean asked. "Probably would be worse if I told people the truth that I made those little paper constructs because I didn't have friends."

Sean may have been joking. He did have an odd smile on his face.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Hannah let's out a short laugh, then furrows her brows for a moment and gives Sean a quick hug. Unlike when she tried touching the wall earlier and went right through it she seems tangible enough to Sean. When she lets go she takes a quick step back again, suddenly feeling embarrassed. "Uhm... Sorry, I just... Thanks. For getting me out of that place."
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Sean was a little surprised by the hug, but returned it after a momentary delay processing what was going on.

"You're welcome," Sean said also a little embarrassed at the thanks and the hugging. After a momentary pause something seemed to click into place. "This is a very odd thing to ask, but... could you stand in front of that mirror?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:02 pm

"Uh... sure." she says, giving Sean a bit of an odd look, but decides he's earned at least some benefit of the doubt and steps in front of the mirror, which shows her reflection just as one would expect.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:14 pm

"Ah, thanks," Sean said relieved somewhat, "After your hand went... through something I was worried for a moment you weren't visible and that would be an awkward conversation with a Headmistress who already thinks magic is a bunch of nonsense."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:33 pm

"Are you sure?" she asks, turning slightly to look at herself in the mirror. "Because you can see me to begin with..." she says and reaches out almost as if to make sure the mirror doesn't suck her back in or something. Instead her hand just passes through it and she turns her head to look back at Sean with bit of an uncertain expression on her face. "And you're the only one I saw on the other side."
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Sean looked a bit embarrassed at not having considered that particularly possibility.

"Quite," Sean said in agreement while looking moderately embarrassed at not having considered that particular possibility. "Suppose I should check with a third party who wont immediately think I've lost mind."

Narrows the list a bit, aye?

Sean thought to himself as he considered his independent verification options.

"Think I've got somebody in mind at least. Can see if she's around."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:36 pm

"That is if you haven't actually lost your mind." Hannah helpfully points out.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:09 pm

"Quite," Sean smiled moving to lead Hannah towards Sam's room.
Sean Hall
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to Braddock Manor