The King of Sinful Sots

Up until recently maintained as a museum, the childhood home of the Braddock family has been pressed into service as classroom space for the University. Additionally, the increased demands have led to the main ballroom being converted into a cafeteria for University students on a meal plan. The old library has been bolstered with college textbooks.

The King of Sinful Sots

Postby Narrator » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:23 pm

Under the Christmas Will-tree, someone had deposited a package haphazardly wrapped in paper covered in snowmen. The label, drawn on it with a marker, reads only "To: Nailah."
Narrator
Site Admin

Re: The King of Sinful Sots

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:19 am

It's some time after Christmas proper that Nailah comes across the present. At this point the ones addressed to her are probably the only ones left. She doesn't really feel like Christmas, but the fact that people thought of her does put a bit of a smile on her face, despite the guilt of having completely forgotten to get anyone anything. As she gathers up the packages she wonders if maybe she should do like a post-Christmas round of gifts or something. The badly wrapped and labelled one catches her eye the most and she tears the wrapping paper away.
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Postby Narrator » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:29 pm

Inside the paper is a plain cardboard box. Inside the box is a DVD case labeled "Watch me" in various letters cut out of magazines and another plain cardboard box.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:46 pm

Nailah's grip on the case instantly tightens, cracking some of the plastic as she storms off towards the library. She heads for one of the computers in the back and yanks out the network cable before putting the disc into the drive to check it's contents.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:04 pm

The only thing on the disc is a video file with the name "youllneedthebox".
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:15 pm

With a feeling of dread crawling up the back of her neck she clicks on the video.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:31 am

The video opens to a large glass jar containing a preserved human head. Hazard's head.

"Annoying little shit, isn't he?" asks a distorted voice.

The camera pans to a man in a black gas mask that covers his entire head, seated in a plush leather armchair.

"My name is Zero. With this gift of blood, I declare a sincere hope that we can be allies... if not friends," he says. "As such, I have a... mutually beneficial task for you to complete."

"... shit this thing's hot... "

"Screw it."

The man peels off the mask, unkempt blonde locks flopping free. Hazard, head still attached, grins at her.

"Tada! Psych! Etcetera!"

He frowns. "Get the box within the box already. Geez! Pause me and get it."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:51 pm

Nailah stares at the video with a frown and pauses it. "What is hecking wrong with that guy?" she mumbles as she carefully checks the rest of the package.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:25 am

Inside that box is a very fancy menu for a French restaurant named Clos Maggiore. A note reads: "PrEsS pLaY".
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:51 am

"What's the point of this?" Nailah mutters as she turns the menu over in her hands and hits play again.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:14 pm

"I know what you're thinking..." the recorded said, "...what? Is this weirdo asking me out?"

He wretched exaggeratedly. "No. That's disgusting and you're disgusting for thinking it."

"Anyway! It's time for a new game! A scavenger hunt of sorts. Get to the prize before I do and you'll get to save a life. A life who might just know my name. They're a little like me, so don't bother trying to skip ahead you dirty cheater. Be at the restaurant at a quarter to midnight on New Year's Eve and you'll know the next step. Just follow the clues and be quick, for once the clock starts you have three days... probably. I'm impulsive you know."

"And... oh yeah, feel free to bring a sidekick or a minion or something. I know I am. See you at the finish line."

The video cut to a hazard symbol on a background of crawling static. The laughing faces in the sea of ants were probably imagined.
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:10 am

"Oh I'll see you, alright." Nailah frowns and snatches the DvD out of the computer and storms off, clutching the restaurant menu.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to Braddock Manor