Fantastically Dull

Up until recently maintained as a museum, the childhood home of the Braddock family has been pressed into service as classroom space for the University. Additionally, the increased demands have led to the main ballroom being converted into a cafeteria for University students on a meal plan. The old library has been bolstered with college textbooks.

Fantastically Dull

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:42 pm

Gemma didn't really celebrate 'Christmas'. Being a Spring and Summer Fey, it really wasn't a concept she had time to figure out. And then everything closes down and she gets very confused. At least the cafeteria is still running, she thinks as she settles at a table with some food.

((Open))
Gemmalara

Re: Fantastically Dull

Postby Trev Anderson » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:44 am

"Mind some company?" a voice called out from the end of the table. Trev stood holding his tray and what looked like Tupperware containers of food that certainly didn't come from the skeleton crew working the cafeteria.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:59 am

Gemma smiles at him, "I think company would be good. It has been very quiet here lately."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:24 am

“Yeah. It’s weird being here for the holidays with it so empty,” he agreed, taking a seat.

His tray seemed to be filled with food that was definitely homemade holiday fare—sliced up turkey, gravy, several kinds of pie.

“I don’t want to know how much money my grandmother spent on shipping me frozen Christmas dinner but I’m not going to let it go to waste. Would you like some?”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:34 pm

She looks at it, "I wouldn't want to deprive you of your treat."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Trev smirked, “Look, I know I’m fat, but even I can’t eat all of this.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:10 am

"I wouldn't suggest..." She eyes him and then the food. "Very well," she says, getting up and retrieving a clean plate. "Share what you think I will like."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:41 am

Trev chuckled, "I'm just gonna give you a bit of everything. You can't have a Grandma Anderson experience without it all. But we'll start with the non-dessert stuff first."

He took several moments to portion up a full plate of turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, brussels sprouts cooked with what appeared to be a copious amount of bacon, and some sort of soft, moist cornbread concoction.

"This is admittedly a bit more like Thanksgiving dinner, but since I missed that too, Gran made me this for Christmas."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:03 am

She takes it and begins carefully sampling bits and pieces of it, chewing thoughtfully when necessary. "It is... unusual... but good."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:27 am

"...what's usual food for you?" he asked, his curiosity piqued.
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:06 pm

"Well, we don't usually celebrate this holiday... for some of us, it's not in our frame of reference, for others it brings back bad memories. Or were you talking about in general?"
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:18 pm

“More in general, I guess. Like I’m assuming pizza isn’t a thing in the land of the Fey.”

“....I...hope I’m getting names right. I have a mountain of fiction about your world in my head to get around. I never, ever, want to offend you.”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:37 pm

"Honest questions are fine. There's only some things that offend me." She looks like she would say something else, but can't. "Venison is the most common meat where I'm from. We have some vegetables that probably resemble things here, but I wouldn't know how to properly compare them."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:47 pm

Trev nodded, but regarded the hesitation with an eyebrow raise. “You can’t offend me so please don’t ever feel like you have to hold back.”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:51 pm

"There are... things I'm not allowed to say. A part of my agreement to come to this side of the veil is that I have to keep some secrets... and not speak ill of some that I otherwise gladly would." The last few words seem especially hard, but she manages to get them out before taking a few steadying breaths.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:51 pm

Lord, what I am getting myself into here, crushing on this girl...

Trev nodded in understanding, "Fair enough. I'll try not to push too much, even though I'm fascinated by all of this. But knowing too much probably isn't a great thing for someone like me."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:53 pm

"Well, I certainly wouldn't let anyone hurt you, no matter what you learned, but... Lady Vivienne is more open to speak than I am. The perils of being a servant I suppose." She gave him a smile.
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:37 pm

"I'm not utterly defenseless, even though you definitely kicked my ass," he smiled. "But I appreciate you backing me up in case I attract the wrong kind of attention for asking a very pretty woman from the other side of the veil out for drinks or something."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:56 pm

She smiles at the compliment. "You intrigue me. The Morr... um... Samantha gave me this book," she says to change the subject. "Something about Dungeons & Dragons... It's a strange book. Like some sort of reference work... I'm not sure what to make of it."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:59 am

Trev was mid-drink as she announced Sam's present; his eyes widened, he sputtered, and practically did a spit take.

Coughing, for a moment, he finally replied, chuckling nervously "Sam did...oh she's...she's evil."

"Okay. So. You know how I ask you lots of questions and have lots of random bits of knowledge about where you're from that's just...off? All of it is from that. And...well a few other books too. But mostly that. It's a game....sort of like. Well. Group storytelling."
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:49 pm

"Why would you tell a story as a group? That seems like it would result in the story making no sense."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:36 am

Trev pauses for a moment, nodding thoughtfully as he thought of some of the plots he’d tried to make only the be ignored by his group “well. Yeah. But sometimes it’s nice to be surprised by your own stories. And it usually turns out pretty well.”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:15 pm

She makes a thoughtful noise. "Perhaps I will observe this at some point."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Trev’s heart pounded nervously, but he flashed a warm smile. “That...would be great. I could help you make the character you want to play.”
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:24 pm

"We shall see. I'd like to observe to know what I'm getting myself into. Their ideas on elves are... unique."
Gemmalara

Postby Trev Anderson » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:25 pm

“Well not everyone is as lucky as me and can meet someone personally familiar,” he grinned nervously.
Trev Anderson
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to Braddock Manor