In the Middle Of Our Will

Up until recently maintained as a museum, the childhood home of the Braddock family has been pressed into service as classroom space for the University. Additionally, the increased demands have led to the main ballroom being converted into a cafeteria for University students on a meal plan. The old library has been bolstered with college textbooks.

In the Middle Of Our Will

Postby Haley! » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:54 pm

Haley, frustrated with her phone’s continued deadness, was bored. The blind girl seemed nice, and she was good at telepathy to boot...why not peek at what she was doing?

She closed her eyes and found herself getting pulled in, rushing through the Astral and more or less stumbling to a stop into Miranda’s avatar’s hip.
Haley!

Re: In The Middle Of Our Street

Postby Miranda Weaver » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:23 pm

Miranda's avatar is wearing a long gown that looks ceremonial in design. A set of keys hangs from a belt of golden rope around her waist. In one hand, she carries a staff with a small fanned portion at the top. Perhaps the most striking thing is that her avatar doesn't wear a veil like she does in the real world, leaving the scarring over where her eyes should be readily visible. Every once in a while, Haley could almost swear she can see two more faces in ghostly outline on the sides of the avatar's head, but every time she focuses, they disappear. "Someone is nosy," the priestess says to Haley.
Miranda Weaver

Re: In The Middle Of Our Street

Postby Haley! » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:25 pm

“I was bored,” the girl wearing what could best be described as a steampunk cowgirl outfit. “And everyone else was ignoring me anyway.”
Haley!

Re: In the Middle Of Our Will

Postby Miranda Weaver » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:37 pm

"Being young is difficult, but the young part is something everyone eventually gets over. They just trade one set of difficulties for another. Case in point," she comments as she lifts up and glides closer to the giant gold box and its small door.
Miranda Weaver

Postby Narrator » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:42 pm

The door looked heavy and secure, almost like a bank vault's door, but was otherwise 'normal'.

There was a small slit at eye level, currently closed.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miranda Weaver » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:26 pm

After a moment's contemplation, Miranda took her staff and knocked on the door.
Miranda Weaver

Postby Null » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:30 pm

There was a pause, and then the slit slid open, a pair of green eyes looking back at her.

"Username and password?" the gruff voice asked.
Null

Postby Haley! » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:36 pm

Haley shakily lifted herself into the air to follow Miranda.

"People use usernames in real life...well...whatever this is...and not just on a computer?"
Haley!

Postby Miranda Weaver » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:40 pm

"Only very occasionally. Usually people use other means to protect their minds and this is a new one for Will."

"Miranda, Priestess of Isis and Daughter of the Morrigan. I'm here to speak with Will." She was bringing some authority to bear in this pronouncement.
Miranda Weaver

Postby Null » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:48 pm

"Do you have a password, or not?" the voice audibly frowned.
Null

Postby Haley! » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:56 pm

"Robin?"
Haley!

Postby Null » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:00 pm

Squinting, narrowing eyes, and the sound of the peephole sliding shut.

"Invalid password."
Null

Postby Haley! » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:06 pm

"Shit. He wasn't supposed to hear that. I'm not very good at this...but I also don't really know how to go back either. Haley frowned, kicking the door in frustration.
Haley!

Postby Null » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:11 pm

The slit opened again, and looked at the two of them -- apparently, not recognizing them from a moment ago.

"Username and password?"
Null

Postby Miranda Weaver » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:26 pm

Miranda mostly manages to mask her frustration with Haley. "Miranda, Daughter of the Morrigan. Uncle Will, let me in. Something's wrong here and we need to talk."
Miranda Weaver

Postby Null » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:28 pm

"Do you have a username and password?" the voice said, roughly.
Null

Postby Miranda Weaver » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:33 pm

Miranda sighs and plays along, "Query: Who installed this security system?"
Miranda Weaver

Postby Null » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:38 pm

"I did," the voice said, sounding now more like her Uncle Will.

"Telepaths make a mess of this place on a regular basis. People come in and redecorate at their whim. If this one can not defend itself internally, external security protocols must be put into place.

If he can't defend himself, he must be defended."
Null

Postby Miranda Weaver » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:41 pm

"You're the other Will?" Miranda doesn't have eyes to narrow, but her brow furrows.
Miranda Weaver

Postby Null » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:44 pm

"I have no name. Samantha McManus and her pack have claimed the right to that, in battle.

But yes, I set up this security system. The headmistress saw fit to give this Will a computer brain; I simply added a level of security I control on top of things.

..And made other, useful modifications."
Null

Postby Miranda Weaver » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:17 pm

"A level of security *you* control," she says, frowning. The fan on her staff lights up with a cold flame, even as she steps away. "We will discuss this later."
Miranda Weaver

Postby Null » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:22 pm

"If you insist, we will be here," the voice said, sliding the peephole shut again.
Null

Postby Miranda Weaver » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:35 pm

Miranda stops in front of Haley. "You always have a connection back to your body, no matter whether you're in the Astral or someone else's mind. Close your eyes, look for it, and follow it home."
Miranda Weaver

Topic attributes:

Return to Braddock Manor