Sept 11th: Enemy at the Gates

Up until recently maintained as a museum, the childhood home of the Braddock family has been pressed into service as classroom space for the University. Additionally, the increased demands have led to the main ballroom being converted into a cafeteria for University students on a meal plan. The old library has been bolstered with college textbooks.

Sept 11th: Enemy at the Gates

Postby Sofia Santiago » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:05 am

((cont. from here, open))

Sofia landed on the grounds and started towards the gates. She starts walking in their direction, looking absolutely murderous.

All around her is an aura of churning, violent negative energy that fills people nearby with a sense of cold dread. It probably doesn't help that it's coming from a girl painted up like a skeleton.
Sofia Santiago
Student

Re: Sept 11th: Enemy at the Gates

Postby Alex Maurell » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:04 pm

Alex raced out of the dorms just in time to see Sofia march toward the gates. He stops, grabbing his head, eyes wide and not sure what to do.

"Shitshitshit!" He paces back and forth, trying to come up with a solution to this mess. He couldn't very well let her kill those protesters no matter how bad they were.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Sofia Santiago » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:40 pm

"yeah, that's probably not great," a spectral redhead says, materializing next to Alex.
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Alex jumps back clutching his chest at the sudden appearance of the apparition, "AH! Christ, hijo de puta! Qué mierda!"
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Sofia Santiago » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Regan just stares at Alex flatly, "really? i'm the issue right now?"
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:37 pm

"Well I've never exactly met a, uh..." He looked her over and she definitely looked like a ghost.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Sofia Santiago » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:40 pm

"a girl?" Regan asks flatly.

"okay, whatever, just...we have to stop her before she does something she regrets, alright?"
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:22 pm

"A spirit..."he murmurs in reply.

"Right, but how? She won't listen to me. She's set on hurting those people."
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:34 pm

"Uh...why does it feel terrifying out here and why is Sophia looking all murder-y?" Haley asked, pulling some earbuds out of her ears as she slowed from her run and stopped near Alex and Regan.
Haley Crusek
Student

High Concept: Pint-sized Powerhouse
Aspect: Wannabe hero
Aspect: Shitty psychic
Aspect: Hothead
Aspect: Walmart-brand Tinkerbell

Postby Sofia Santiago » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:10 am

"i dunno, why don't you get tubbo here to help?" Regan asks.

Sofia reaches the gate and with a screech it begins to open. A few of the protesters shy away from her, but many redouble their efforts, shoving their signs at her.
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:42 am

Alex glares at Regan but pulls his focus back over to Haley.

"I might have tried to get her to not be murder-y and only made it worse. She won't listen to me now and I don't know what to do. Well aside from trying to physically pull her away. But I don't know if that will help at all."
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:50 pm

Haley threw her arm outward towards the gate and focused on forcing it shut with her TK while moving closer to Sofia.

"Girl, you are about to do something mighty stupid. Get away from those assholes," she yelled out while her TK went to work.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Sofia Santiago » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:04 pm

Sofia turns towards Haley, "I'm doing something stupid? You're the one protecting this...this...filth!"
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:15 pm

"Do you really want to stoop to their level? You're better than this!" It was worth a shot at least.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:09 pm

"Do you want to prove them right? Give them a real reason to hate us, or fucking turn the other cheek and let the world see them for the douchebags they are."
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Sofia Santiago » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:33 pm

"Stop trying to make me into some political symbol!" Sofia yells. "I am not your fucking martyr!"

Ribbons of ectoplasm weave together into a large fist which Sofia swings at Haley.
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:47 pm

Alex reacts without thinking and steps in front of Haley, intending to protect her from harm.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:04 pm

"Oh hell no, bit--" Haley swore, erecting a telekinetic wall in front of her, but not before Alex decided to jump in front of Haley. "Damnit, Alex, no!"
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Sofia Santiago » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:46 pm

The ectoplasmic fist hits like...well...a fist. A cold, dread fist that leaves a feeling of vague existential dread in the pit of your stomach.
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:29 am

How could one of her classmates actually lash out like this? Not just at the protestors but at her fellow mutants? This was the same kind of shit she was fighting on the teams!

Haley let out a frustrated growl as a corona of blue fiery energy took shape around her head, and sent a telekinetic shove at Sofia to get her away from the gates and from Alex.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Sofia Santiago » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:33 am

"good. if you can just wear her out, lardo, i can stop her," Regan whispers to Haley, having disappeared once Sofia turned her attention back to Alex and Haley.
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:01 am

"Okay, I don't know who the fuck you are, but fuck you." Haley spat mentally as she kept up the TK shoves.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:48 am

(ooc: Sorry for the late post)

Alex had felt the fist upon him and just like that it was gone. Looking behind him, he realized Haley had pretty much just saved him. The opposite of what he had intended but just as well.

He looked back over at Sofia. There had to be a way to reach her. "I'm sorry for everything that happened Sofia, but if you keep acting this way your making yourself a martyr! It doesn't matter how you spin it, attacking people will throw you into politics, people will make you a symbol! Those are the consequences!"
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Sofia Santiago » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:37 pm

"You really don't get it, do you?" Sofia says. "I. Don't. Care."

The fist disintegrates into multiple ribbons of ectoplasm that Sofia now directs towards Haley, trying to ensnare the girl by wrapping them around her arms and legs.
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:44 pm

Haley let out a burst of TK energy in all directions around her trying to blast away the tendrils. "Bitch! You have that attitude you don't even belong here!"
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Sofia Santiago » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:49 pm

Haley's blast knocks the tendrils away, but Sofia summons more of them and tries to overwhelm the pint-sized TK bomb.

"Don't you get all high and mighty with me, bitch," Sofia growls. "You all are letting mutants die while you preach being passive. Just be patient and they'll stop killing us eventually, is that it? Wait for them to start treating us like people?"
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:43 pm

"It's not passivity! It's not just waiting! But attacking them will only solidify in their minds that we're monsters!" He looks at her with more concern than anger, pitying her rage. "You aren't the only one whose been hurt here!"
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:45 pm

"I don't see you joining the teams to help people, you fat bitch," she screamed, lashing out with her TK at the tendrils coming at her and moving close enough to try and just punch her in the face with her fists.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Sofia Santiago » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:36 pm

The punch connects as Haley knocks the ribbons away. Sofia reels for a moment before leaping at Haley in a rage.

"You want me to play superhero for those pieces of shit out there," Sofia snaps at Haley, grabbing for her neck. "Fuck you."
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:44 pm

Jesus christ, what should he do?! All he can do is just let the girls have it out and intervene if things get really ugly. Their abilities were way above his own.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:05 am

Sofia's grab connects and her rush knocks both of them onto the ground. Haley just barely managed landing smartly enough to avoid slamming her head into a paved walkway. Her face reddened a bit as Sofia actually had a pretty good hold of her neck.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Sofia Santiago » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:27 pm

Sofia's hands tighten for a moment before she seems to realize what she's doing. Her grip slackens and she bobs her head, sobbing.
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:21 pm

Alex approached slowly, hesitating a moment before putting a gentle hand on Sofia's shoulder. He opened his mouth but found he couldn't think of anything appropriate to say.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Sofia Santiago » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:56 pm

Sofia jerks away from Alex and stumbles off of Haley.

"Sorry. I'm--I'm sorry," Sofia mumbles between sobs. It's not entirely clear who she's apologizing to. Hopefully it's the girl she was choking.
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:27 am

Haley coughs as she pushes herself up with her TK, rubbing her throat with her hand. She stared daggers at the girl for a moment before the sobbing seemed to soften her expression. She stood a bit awkwardly a few feet from Sofia, her arms crossed uncomfortably.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Sofia Santiago » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:59 pm

Sofia wipes her face, smearing her makeup quite badly. "I--They killed someone. Someone I was close to," she mumbles. "I just got the call and I--I don't know."

She sniffs and looks at Haley, "I'm sorry."
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:59 pm

Alex could only stand to the side, looking on rather guiltily. If he hadn't spoken up in the first place, this might not have happened. Haley might have died, people could have gotten hurt or killed. Hell, he was useless in the fight that ensued.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:00 am

"...it's fine," she lied sort of convincingly.

"Are you okay?"
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Sofia Santiago » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:24 am

"No," Sofia mumbles miserably. She starts to get up, "I really don't think I am."
Sofia Santiago
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:19 pm

Haley cleared her throat gingerly, in case it hurt after being throttled, and gave her a rather sympathetic look. "Do you need to go to the infirmary or talk to one of the counsellors or something?"
Haley Crusek
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to Braddock Manor