Sept 14th: Dinner and a show (open)

Up until recently maintained as a museum, the childhood home of the Braddock family has been pressed into service as classroom space for the University. Additionally, the increased demands have led to the main ballroom being converted into a cafeteria for University students on a meal plan. The old library has been bolstered with college textbooks.

Sept 14th: Dinner and a show (open)

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:20 am

Within just a few days, Emilie had managed to find the opening to 'assist' she'd been looking for. After using the library's computer, she looked up the website to the school and found out they have a handful of student faculty openings, ranging from ten to twenty hours a week depending on your class schedules and free time. Her exceptionally lax school schedule of 'photography' and college level math (which she knew she was doomed to flunk even if Victor or the University didn't) meant she had more than enough time to work twenty hours while Victor was off doing his likely fuller schedule of... whatever the hell it was he was doing. She hadn't bothered to ask because she guessed she'd already known. If it wasn't related to theater or some form of performing arts or gymnastics, then he'd gotten it into his head to get himself on the teams. Though maybe she'd surprise him. Perhaps he was the next Bob Newhart, a brain capable of handling numbers and acting... Probably not.

She didn't think she should put herself in a place where she was to be depended on, not with her uncontrollable disappearing act. So she took on the job where no one's life would be ruined if she didn't show up for work one day (or any susequent days there-after). She took up a job in the cafeteria as a kitchen hand. For starts, they had her working from after lunch and through dinner, letting her go near the end of the dinner shift so she could feed herself as well. Clad in a Polo shirt with the school's logo embroidered into the breast and a pair of Khakis, the little redhead came out of the back carrying a stack of freshly cleaned trays to set at the end of the line for students to snag up. with out all of her trappings, Emilie looked practically normal. It was her last responsibility for before clocking out. Humming as she moved towards her destination, her body language went from a skipping motion to a dancing one, and singing under her breath. As she made it to where she was going it was getting progressively hammier, until other students could hear her.

"Something in your eyes is making such a fool of me, When you hold me in your arms you love me till I just can't see-" Making it to where she was supposed to be, she blurted out " Borderliiiinnnneee!" at the next student in line. " You just keep on pushing my love, over the borderline!"
Last edited by Emilie on Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emilie
Student

Re: DT1: Dinner and a show

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:27 am

This seemed to throw Haley for a loop. She had her tray floating in front of her as she played with her phone with her hands . "Uh...what?"
Haley Crusek
Student

High Concept: Pint-sized Powerhouse
Aspect: Wannabe hero
Aspect: Shitty psychic
Aspect: Hothead
Aspect: Walmart-brand Tinkerbell

Re: DT1: Dinner and a show (open)

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:34 am

Emilie didn't miss a beat, despite how off her game Haley had been. She started untying her apron from around her waist while swaying back and forth. She was done for the day, the actual reason for such celebratory behavior. Not that she was sharing that tidbit of information. Creepying out the creepies who liked to pretend to be normies was half the fun of being at these stupid schools.

"Keep on pushing me baby, don't you knooow that you drive me crazy, you just keep on pushing my love, over the borderline!" She continued, slinging the apron over her shoulder and picking up a tray to join Haley in line.
Emilie
Student

Re: DT1: Dinner and a show (open)

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:48 am

"....what's up, Madonna?" Haley smirked tucking her phone into her back pocket while her tray continued to float in front of her, seemingly unsupported by anything. This girl seemed interesting.
Haley Crusek
Student

Re: Sept 14th: Dinner and a show (open)

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:52 am

"Nada mucho blonde-y. Getting my grub on after a hard day of pretending to work." That wasn't entirely true, Emilie worked her ass off at every job that she'd ever held, but she would neglect to ever mention that to anyone. "What about you? What's the 411 on the interweebs or whatever it is you crazy kids are calling your facebook this week?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:46 am

"Drama back home. Bitch who decided it was a great idea to fuck my ex boyfriend is preggers and her parents are pretending like nothing happened and their good Christian daughter is still a virgin."
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:49 am

"I know a little bit about Catholicism and I am about eighty-seven percent certain that doesn't count as immaculate conception." She smirked. " But look on the bright side, at least it wasn't you right? Sounds like you dodged a bullet to me."
Emilie
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:07 am

"I'm smart enough to be on the pill and fucking wrap it up, unlike that skank," she grumbled.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:09 am

"Well I meant more the boyfriend. Guy's got two hands too, and if he's too dumb to figure out how to unroll a water balloon he is way too stupid to be gettin' trim off a couple'a classy dames like us." Emilie commented, reaching out to pick up something because she wasn't the good kind of telekinetic.
Emilie
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:11 am

"I like you already, Madonna," she smirked. "Haley."
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:14 am

"When I'm not performing, it's Emilie." She replied back. " What're'ya in for Haley? I could guess by your phone tricks but I think it's better you tell me." she chuckled.
Emilie
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:19 am

"TK and TP. I'm a lot better at the first one, and I'm still pissed its how I got to find out about my douchey ex by hearing his sexy thoughts about previously mentioned skank while *we* were fooling around. Also I have a headache like every damn day."
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:22 am

"Ouch... on both accounts. But seriously, that's fucked up. Have they done a head scan or something for that to see if you're straining something? Maybe stupid horny boys are giving you a Tep-aneurysm. "
Emilie
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:40 am

"Even more fun, said skank used to be my best friend. FML, right? The X-Corp people said my shields were shitty and I just needed to work on making them less so, so I'm not just hearing like this loud rumble of everyone's surface thoughts."

Haley swiped her ID to pay for her soup and sandwich but waited for Em. "I got an email saying there's a teep professor here now so I'll probably do some sessions with him to make things suck less."
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:46 am

"Bitches be cray, what can ya say?" Emilie shrugged.

"Well, hopefully mine aren't being too annoying. Though most of the crap that goes on in my brain comes spouting out of my mouth so, maybe it doesn't have the time, ha." Handling her food situation, Emilie looked at Haley, picking up on her body language that she was being waited for. If Haley lead, she would follow.
Emilie
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:53 am

"I'm trying not to think about anyone or anything right now and it's sort of working...its sorta like learning to tune out the conversations at tables near you in a really loud restaurant maybe? I dunno. Working for now and I don't hear you." Haley led them to a table and sat down. "Where ya from? Your hair is amazing, by the way."
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:02 am

"Awwww, thank you! I'd like to say I have some wonderful secret to share with you, but I don't. It grows like this, I think it's the mutancy.

Here and there. Where-ever adventure takes me." It would seem to Haley she must have been American too, from her accent. "Spent time in New York, Chicago, Wisconsin, and Ontario mostly. All the really fucking cold places no one wants to spend time in during the winter, heh." She laid out her tray. "What about you? I'm going to guess someplace warm, because you aren't wearing Uggs."
Emilie
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:16 am

"Austin, Texas. Winter here is probably going to be awful."
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:19 am

"Texas huh? I hear everything is bigger there. Which is hard for me to imagine considering what the rest of the US considered a small combo meal." She laughed. It always had to be cold, goddamn it....

"Ugh, I hate winter. I don't care what anyone says, there is such a thing as 'too many layers' and no amount of them keeps me warm."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:20 am

While Jez could sit alone and never really be alone if she wanted, she spied a semi-familiar face in the lunch room, one she recognized from that night they had played Truth or Dare. It'd be better than sitting with some total strangers, right?

"Hey, um... is anyone sitting here?" Jez brushed her hair back from her face. Unlike the pair already at the table, she didn't have a lunch with her.
Two's company, she's a...
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

High Concept: Soapbox Sadie with a Secret
Aspect: Painfully Situational Sociability
Aspect: Good is Not Soft
Aspect: Master Multitasker
Aspect: Gamer Chick
Aspect: Tumblr

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:31 am

"Right? And it's so hard to look cute in winter clothes," Haley said munching on her salad.

"You are," she smiled at Jez. "We're having our first meeting of the Hotties Club. Glad another hottie could make it."
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:34 am

"It's a very elite club. On Wednesday's, we wear black." she joked, moving over to make sure Jez had enough space to sit.

"Not gonna eat?" She asked, curious as to why the other girl wasn't carrying a tray.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:38 am

Jez's face flushed at the compliment. "T-thanks." She was quick to sit down, not really wanting to risk more flattering things being tossed at her.

She looked at Emilie, not recognizing the girl. "Oh, no, I'm getting my food right now. Do either of you need anything while I'm up?"
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:41 am

"Could you actually nab some ranch dressing? Like. Three packs of it. This salad is fucking terrible," she laughed.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:43 am

"NOPE." Emilie exclaimed. " I'm probably not even going to finish all of this!" It took her a moment to realize that Jez implied she was getting food and sitting at the table, which caused her to crane her head around the room. "What's yer name?" She asked Jez absently and she watched to see how Jez was going to feed herself and sit at the table at the same time.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:45 am

"Oh yeah, sure. Thanks for the heads up, I think I'll get a wrap instead then." Jez shifted in her seat slightly, but otherwise didn't budge.

"Oh, sorry! My name's Jezabelle. And you are?"
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:52 am

"Emilie. But you can call me Em if you wanna, most people do, on account'a my name being rather old-timey."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:56 am

Jez almost snorted as she suppressed a little giggle. "You think yours sounds old? Mine's in the bible. And you can call me Jez."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:57 am

"We're gonna be here for a bit if you wanna get your food, Jez," Haley said also not picking up on why the girl was talking about getting food while she sat there with them.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:02 am

"Well as she suffered a rather grizzly fate I'd rather associate it to a Sade song... or a super cheesey 50's one." She gave up on figuring out Jez's parlour trick and figured they'd know it soon enough. Unless the trick was that she was batshit insane. That was always a possibility.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:09 am

"Oh don't worry, I'm almost done." An arm reached over Haley's shoulder to gently place several packets of ranch dressing on her tray, before the girl walked around the table to sit next to Jez. The newcomer looked identical to Jezabelle, right down to how her shoelaces were lopsided. She slid the tray in front of the Jez who had already been seated before speaking, the first girl opening the cap of her water bottle.

"I don't think I've heard that song. What's it about?"
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:10 am

"The f...oh. I forgot about your little trick," Haley giggled.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:16 am

Emilie's face took on a weird, self satisfied smug momentarily. Of course, she couldn't say anything. Jezabelle wouldn't know her, even if she knew Jez. But she suddenly felt incredibly comfortable with her company.

"Eh? Well the one by Sade is about a girl who is not afraid to get what she wants using her beauty and feminine wiles.

The 1950s one is pretty standard 'bitchyousuckforbeingastereotypeihateyousomuchohGoddon'tleavemebaby' kind of fair.

In a 'the more things change the more they stay the same' fashion, popular music sucked back then too." As I recall....
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:20 am

"Oh, like I didn't see someone levitating their tray in the line-up earlier." Jez smirked. Her other self was more focused on a wrap that was full of sprouts and other greens, and wasn't particularly easy to eat without making a huge mess. So it was a good thing she had a second mouth so she wouldn't have to try and talk with her mouth full.

"The cream rises to the top, as the saying goes. Only the good tunes survive, all the other garbage gets forgotten."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:21 am

"Got powers. May as well use 'em, right?" she said dousing her salad in dressing.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:26 am

"Well I know that's not true because Rico Suave is still in rotation, hahaha."

Emilie didn't have much to say on her powers. It was a topic she preferred not to discuss for various reasons.

Mainly because they sucked.

"While I won't be insulted by what you did to that salad because I don't cook the food, I am pretty sure the point of eating vegetables is that they aren't made out of ranch dressing."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:32 am

"At least here no one freaks out too much. Do that at a McDonald's and some old lady is throwing her Fanta at you and hiding behind her crucifix."

Both Jez's stopped and slowly turned to stare at Emilie.

"But... this is America. Everything gets ranch dressed." They said in unison, before one turned to look at the other.

"No, we're in England."
"Oh yeah... how'd I forget that?"
"You dork." She shook her head and resumed her meal.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:34 pm

" You are not good at espionage. We will never be Charlie's Angels." Emilie quipped.

"So Jez, what's your story? Where ya from?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:47 pm

"Well originally I'm from the States too, but my mom and I moved to Genosha shortly after my powers started to show up. My dad was a lawyer in the army and we moved around a lot, but I spent a lot of time on the east coast. I honestly have no idea what my home state is, so it's a lot easier to just say Genosha."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:10 am

"That might be true, but salad is gross unless swimming in dressing," she smirked.
Haley Crusek
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to Braddock Manor