Other Interests

Up until recently maintained as a museum, the childhood home of the Braddock family has been pressed into service as classroom space for the University. Additionally, the increased demands have led to the main ballroom being converted into a cafeteria for University students on a meal plan. The old library has been bolstered with college textbooks.

Re: Other Interests

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:44 pm

"Let me see..."

Will turned his attention to what Emilie was wearing.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Emilie » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:00 pm

For her part, Emilie was patient while Will chose something that was 'speaking' to him.
Emilie
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Will started going through the objects on her belt.

There was an old crucifix, with a large turquoise center, that Will carefully turned over and over in his hands a few times--longer than he looked at most of the objects.

There was some goggles--or, at least, the framework for them, with the lenses gone. Will frowned at that one--goggles without lenses? What a horrible fate.

Not nearly as bad as the next one, though-- a doll's head. Not a doll, just the head--the hair was gone, as was one of the eyes. A travesty--it should never have been allowed to get to such poor condition.

By comparison, the Sprecher's Root Beer cap was a godsend, even with a hole punched through it. Still, though, where was the rest of the bottle? Why hadn't it been allowed to be recycled and re-join the supply chain? Inconsiderate.

The "Indian Motorcycles" cigar cutter, at least, was in good nick, though Emilie didn't look like she smoked many cigars. The poor thing would never get any use this way, but at least it wasn't some horrible Frankenstein monster thing. The "Leitz" brand camera lens cover, too, looked to be in OK shape, but it was missing it's camera. A Shakesperean tragedy.

The Good Luck Bear keychain, at least, was filling it's full purpose as a decorative object. That just oozed satisfaction to Will, and he nodded approvingly.

The 1996 Toonie coin, with it's center knocked out, brought him back to frowning again, as he flipped it over and over. He was pretty sure no one would accept it in this state.

The plastic wing, which had once belonged to an action figure of some kind? Too grotesque to think about---was Emilie the kind of person who ripped wings off of flies? Good lord, she could be cruel.

The miniature brass spyglass? That seemed in working order, at least, as was the Swisschamp XLT, the self-winding pocket watch and the canteen.

Will took about ten minutes, squatting down by Emile's waste and exploring the objects, his brow furrowing more and more.

"How old ARE you?" he finally asked, fingering the crucifix.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Emilie » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:37 pm

"Old enough to know better, too young to care." She answered in the most earnest yet vague way possible. She noticed his obsession with the object that was definitely the oldest on her belt, and figured he was asking her based off that. "It's a hand me down. Do you know it's purpose?"

With Will's heavy probing, he may notice the turquoise was not an original element to the crucifix, but added as an after-thought by someone. It was evidence in the soldering around the setting for the stone.
Emilie
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:46 pm

"I know what a cross is," Will nodded, running his hands over it

"Did you add this?" he said, pointing to the turquoise.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Emilie » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:58 pm

"No. The person who gave it to me added that.

My friend had an interest in stones." She had to stop herself from saying 'rocks' as she so often did in mocking of the friend in question. "Turquoise is considered magical by some. I guess he thought it would help protect him or something."
Emilie
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to Braddock Manor